PDA

View Full Version : TIM 'RIPPER' OWENS Announces Drummer For BEYOND FEAR Project

Hardrock69
04-22-2005, 01:21 AM
Anyone who has not ever heard him sing MUST PAY ATTENTION!
I saw him in Atlanta with Judas Priest in early 2002.

He tore my fucking face off.

This motherfucker is the most badass kickass vocalist in Metal music right now. Halford can no longer sing as he once did, so Tim is the new VOCAL GOD.

If you EVER get the chance to see him live, and you love heavy music at all, you owe it to yourself to see him.

He is fucking incredible.

Anyway...that was just my 2 cents...here is the news item:

Former JUDAS PRIEST/current ICED EARTH singer Tim "Ripper" Owens has recruited drummer Eric Elkins (ALL YOU FEAR) for his BEYOND FEAR side project. Elkins hooked up with the singer shortly after Owens' original choice, ICED EARTH/HALFORD's Bobby Jarzombek, was forced to withdraw from the project because he has "too many coals in the fire," according to Owens.

As previously reported, BLABBERMOUTH.NET recently had an opportunity to hear the BEYOND FEAR demo recordings, which boast a thick, heavy riffing style and extremely powerful vocals from Owens. Traces of JUDAS PRIEST, PANTERA and BLACK SABBATH are all present along with a healthy dose of double-bass drumming, which adds a modern edge to what is essentially a traditional metal approach.

Elkins and Owens will be joined on BEYOND FEAR's upcoming full-length debut by guitarist John Comprix (13 FACES, SPAWN). Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "I Don't Need This", "And You Will Die", "It Is Me", "Telling Lies" and "The Faith". A tentative late 2005/early 2006 release through an as-yet-undetermined label is expected.

monkeythe
04-23-2005, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Anyone who has not ever heard him sing MUST PAY ATTENTION!
I saw him in Atlanta with Judas Priest in early 2002.

He tore my fucking face off.

This motherfucker is the most badass kickass vocalist in Metal music right now. Halford can no longer sing as he once did, so Tim is the new VOCAL GOD.

If you EVER get the chance to see him live, and you love heavy music at all, you owe it to yourself to see him.

He is fucking incredible.

If I hadn't seen Ripper live I'd have thought you were crazy, but I totally agree with you about Ripper. I'll even go so far as to say that when I saw him, his voice was better than Halford's in his prime. It's just a shame that he'll be more known for that crappy Marky Mark movie than for his talent.

Hardrock69
04-24-2005, 03:07 AM
Well, yeah.

But then, I have ignored Marky Mark and his stoppid shit ever since he became public...

DLR'sCock
04-24-2005, 07:23 PM
I saw Ripper in his tribute band British Steel before he was in Priest, this was 1995. When I heard he got the Priest gig in 1996, I was not suprised at all. I also saw Ripper three times with Priest, he kicks ass. Once in 1998, and twice in 2002.

Fuck yeah!

DLR'sCock
04-24-2005, 07:24 PM
BTW, Halford still sounds great, but Ripper is sick.

sentinel
04-27-2005, 07:03 PM
tim owens is an intimitator, that's all. he got the gig with judas priest for only one reason: HE SOUNDS LIKE ROB HALFORD. i don't know if you guys heard iced earth's latest album "the glorious burden" with tim "pussy" owens.on some songs he tries so much to sound like halford it's pathetic.here's the real deal;

Hardrock69
04-27-2005, 08:05 PM
The real deal is not so real anymore. He sounds like he is gargling with sandpaper.

What in the fuck is an "intimitator"?
An intimate 'tater?

It does not matter if Tim tries to sound like anyone or not.

I seriously doubt you or I could sing our way out of a paper bag compared to him.

bueno bob
04-28-2005, 01:28 AM
Tim is BAD ASS. Knows how to work a crowd, can sing his fuckin' ass off too. He's a hometown hero of mine. Neat guy, too, bought an amp from him years back. He's good people, I hope he has an outstanding career, definitely he deserves it.