PDA

View Full Version : Who's a bigger whore? George Lucas or Gene Simmons?

Antman
04-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Is there anything that these two won't sell? I haven't seen Ewok condoms yet, but I'll bet they're being test marketed somewhere. Seriously, Darth Tater? WTF?

DLR7884
04-23-2005, 09:30 PM
They are both more important in their own mind than in reality.

DLR7884
Both would sell their mother to a pimp if the price were right.

FORD
04-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Anybody seen the "Dark Side" M&M's yet? I can't find em :(

FORD
04-23-2005, 10:40 PM
BTW, Chaim Witz is definitely the bigger whore. Lucas only whores himself out every few years when there's a movie. But it seems like there's new KISS product every fucking week.

FORD
04-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Antman
Is there anything that these two won't sell? I haven't seen Ewok condoms yet, but I'll bet they're being test marketed somewhere. Seriously, Darth Tater? WTF?

Wookie condoms would sell better. think about it........

Terry
04-23-2005, 11:33 PM
Hard to say. KISS and Star Wars had a lot of focus on merchandising from just about day one, or at least fairly soon after initial success was attained.

I'd say that KISS going out in makeup without Peter and Ace, which coincided with a barrage of (even for Simmons) some really egotistical statements on Gene's part kinda signalled to me that he definitely has an overblown sense of KISS and the bands importance. I mean, the dude is loaded and had a lot of sex with a lot of women. Good for him. Bragging about it when you're in your twenties is alomst understandable. When you're in your fifties and, without even being prompted, have to constantly tell every interviewer that you have a lot of money and have screwed 10,000 (or whatever the number is) chicks, and therefore are better than everyone else and don't care what anyone thinks of you....I don't know if Gene thinks that's cool or what, but he comes across as insecure to me.

Like, if you really don't give a shit about what anyone thinks, why brag about how much you make or who you're screwing? If you're cool, you don't have to advertise it.

Then again, these guys wouldn't be merchandising whores if there weren't a demand for the stuff.

rustoffa
04-24-2005, 12:11 AM
I talked to a friend yesterday who is doing press on the "official" convention in Indianapolis this weekend.

Needless to say, it's out of control. The wait time to purchase exclusive, "official" toys is like 8 hours.

bueno bob
04-24-2005, 12:36 AM
It's crazy, any way you look at it. I'm just glad I was able to hawk all my old Star Wars toys on eBay years back. I sat VERY nicely for about, oh, a year or so :D

Triumph
04-24-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Anybody seen the "Dark Side" M&M's yet? I can't find em :(

Yes i have and they are just M&M's made with dark chocolate and colored with darker colors. I did not like them.

Hardrock69
04-24-2005, 01:02 AM
I found a pair of Darth Maul action figures on clearance at some grocery store for 3 dollars apiece...one of them is guarding a tribble on top of one of my studio monitors...

Gene Simmons is by far the worst. Lucas has yet to sell caskets or asswipe with Star Wars logos on them.

rustoffa
04-24-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
It's crazy, any way you look at it. I'm just glad I was able to hawk all my old Star Wars toys on eBay years back. I sat VERY nicely for about, oh, a year or so :D

I'd be willing to bet those exclusive scores will be on eBay pretty quick as well.

Bill Lumbergh
04-24-2005, 01:09 AM
Bob needs the Wicket condoms for the um, smaller creatures............And by the way he's also a HUGE Simmons fan........

rustoffa
04-24-2005, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Gene Simmons is by far the worst. Lucas has yet to sell caskets or asswipe with Star Wars logos on them.

:D

Gotta agree.

bueno bob
04-24-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Bob needs the Wicket condoms for the um, smaller creatures............And by the way he's also a HUGE Simmons fan........

YEAH?

WELL, BILL LUMBERGH'S A FAG!!

SO THERE!!

I thought I asked you not to discuss my penis size in open forum, man...

Bill Lumbergh
04-24-2005, 01:16 AM
I'm sick of this shit.........Gene Simmons is a fine upstanding individual, who cares about his fans FIRST! He's also a quality songwriter......just look at gems like Trial By Fire, Love's A Deadly Weapon, No NO No........instant classics baby! And so what if he's barely played his bass on record since 77(while blasting Ace for missing a few sessions here and there). Does that make him a bad person???????

bueno bob
04-24-2005, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
I'm sick of this shit.........Gene Simmons is a fine upstanding individual, who cares about his fans FIRST! He's also a quality songwriter......just look at gems like Trial By Fire, Love's A Deadly Weapon, No NO No........instant classics baby! And so what if he's barely played his bass on record since 77(while blasting Ace for missing a few sessions here and there). Does that make him a bad person???????

No.

But it does make you gay.

:)

Hardrock69
04-24-2005, 07:14 PM
LMFAO!!!

:D

Three Lock Rock
04-24-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
No.

But it does make you gay.

:)

comin from the biggest idiot of this website.

you are such a loser, Bueno Fag.

three lock rock (kickin ass and takin fuckin names)

And quit message sending me. i will not fuck you.

Seshmeister
04-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Neither of them can write dialogue/lyrics.

I noticed on a rerun of Indiana Jones tonight that while Lucas came up with the story someone else actually worte the screenplay. That's what Lucas should have done with his prequels.

e.g.

Obi-Wan looked Christopher Lee in the eye, sneered defiantly, and growled "I'll never join you, Dooku."...:D

"You're in my very soul tormenting me."

"Annie? My goodness you've grown." "And you've grown. More beautiful."

"I don't like sand. It's coarse and irritating and it gets everywhere. Everything here is soft and smooth."

Gene on the other hand gives us...

Yeah, I'm down and out, but don't count me out
Listen here babe, gonna show you what it's all about
It's time for love, and you're welcome to it
It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it
So here I am, do you want me now, just show me where, and I'll show you how
I wanna know

Chorus:
No, no, no - don't say you won't if you will
No, no, no, no - don't say you've had your thrill
No, no, no - don't say you can't 'cause you can
No, no, no, no - baby don't say no, no, no

What's mine is mine, and yours is mine
Baby just sign on the dotted line
You got nine lives, like an alley cat
Just stick with me and I'll show you where it's at

You never lied, so take a bow, that was then, babe, and this is now
I wanna know

chorus

Just when you thought it was s-s-safe
Gonna show you where, gonna show you how
Don't stop me now, got my foot in the door

Ooh, don't say no! Don't say no! No, no, no!

chorus

No, no, no
No, no, no, no

That should be illegal...

blonddgirl777
04-25-2005, 12:44 AM
I read Gene $immon$'s book "Sex Money Kiss' and he is all about making, savind and living for money... and of course... all that for GIRLS!!!

The guy would fuck his mother for a dime!!!

He would rather work, than enjoy life... the thing is that you only have one life to live and to spend every minute of it working (as he strongly suggests) is insane!!!

He is also so mad at Marriage in general well... get over it Gene... men will always get married as long as they want "pussy exclusivity" (no matter what it costs) and that's all there is to it!

I don't know much about Lucas but Simmons is one hell of a whore...

But THE THONG is still attractive to us, women!!!

:eatit:

blonddgirl777
04-25-2005, 02:10 AM
I have a tip for Gene, to make more dough...

Get your thong made into a silicon/electronic sex toy that could be sold in sex shops around the world...
All ya need is a nice Kiss package (without your face) and there you go!!!!

Kt$$$$liiiing!!!!!

:eatit:

Nitro Express
04-25-2005, 04:01 AM
My brother has met George Lucas at the Skywalker Ranch. He says George is a nice guy. My brother is a majorly wealthy Silicone Valley nerd who digs Lucas because he never was the typical Hollywood type producer and was an independant. Walt Disney was a big merchandiser as well because he, like George Lucas was making huge expensive pictures with his own money.

I think the creators of South Park nailed the current problems of George Lucas when they made fun of him and Stephen Spielburg remaking their classic movies and ruining them. I think all good things eventually come to an end. Star Wars came out at the right time but the whole thing has gone on almost too long and it's time for it to end. Hopefully, the last movie is a good one.

Like Star Wars, KISS hit at the right time. They were huge and Gene Simmons was a big part of the band's success. I think Gene knew he was marketing a show more than music and he also understood what the fans wanted. I think Gene is just an aging rockstar who is a workaholic and looking for things to do because he's not much for sitting around and counting his money.

As far as merchandising goes, I think you deffinately can ruin a good thing with too much of it. I mean Harley Davidson is cool but it's been shoved in our faces too much. Orange County Choppers have made some cool bikes and it's good to see a disfunctional family manage to make a go of a successful fabrication business but holy hell, they are selling out majorly. There will be OCC condoms and toilet paper soon if Jesse James does beat them to it.

Vinnie Velvet
04-25-2005, 10:15 AM
This is an interesting question since I'm a big fan of both: KISS and Star Wars.

I'm not happy the decisions Gene has made in terms of the band. The merchandising doesn't bother me, mostly because I don;t buy that much into it. I have some KISS T-shirts and have a few of the action figures which are cool for display.

But sometimes I wish VH/Dave had as much stuff out there as KISS does, only because it would be cool to have a 'Classic VH' action figure on stage showcase or some other things.

As for George Lucas, the guy is just doing what he set out to do. He wanted to be an independent filmaker and wanted to have his own companies to do the things he wanted to do. And how can I fault Lucas for all the Star Wars merchandising. Star Wars merchandise paved the way for all other movie-tie-ins to follow. Whether it was books, comics, toys----Star Wars started it all.

Then again, If I had created something that people really loved and bought into, I would for sure make more and thus make more money out of it.

That's a fact.

Nitro Express
04-25-2005, 03:14 PM
I think the important thing to remember is George Lucas built his own empire from the ground up. To do that you need cash flow and if you go to outside investors or the studios you lose creative control. Merchandising is one way to get some money.

Nothing happens in this modern world without cash flow. I think Gene Simmons is honest about that. I would rather have the "I do it for the money" than to hear some spiritual artistic bullshit.

Unless you live in a self-supporting pure communist system, you can't do shit without money. The people who produce the goods and services that you need to make your project work, want to get paid. Simple as that.

twonabomber
04-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
The wait time to purchase exclusive, "official" toys is like 8 hours.

i waited six hours on Saturday and five hours Sunday...

twonabomber
04-25-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
I'd be willing to bet those exclusive scores will be on eBay pretty quick as well.

yeah, that's why i bought eight of them. but then the leftover figures went on sale at the official shop site and killed the market for today. now i gotta wait a week or so to move 'em.

Stillwell
04-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
I read Gene $immon$'s book "Sex Money Kiss' and he is all about making, savind and living for money... and of course... all that for GIRLS!!!

He would rather work, than enjoy life... the thing is that you only have one life to live and to spend every minute of it working (as he strongly suggests) is insane!!!

Spoken like a woman on welfare!

Nitro Express
04-25-2005, 11:02 PM
I probably work 18 hour days but I like my job. If I didn't I probably would join Islam and suicide bomb something so I could get Alah's guarnteed paridisical joy and 72 virgins to have a mass orgy with. Hell, why waste time on this rock full of pain when you can kill yourself and get multiple times what the sultan of Brunai has.

rustoffa
04-25-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I probably work 18 hour days but I like my job. If I didn't I probably would join Islam and suicide bomb something so I could get Alah's guarnteed paridisical joy and 72 virgins to have a mass orgy with. Hell, why waste time on this rock full of pain when you can kill yourself and get multiple times what the sultan of Brunai has.

And I thought an average of 12 was bad. 18 fucking hours? Dude, you deserve a time-trip cuntplete with a Jane Russell grudgefuckŠ.

I don't like my job that much, but fuck a backpack full of C4. I'm thinking more of a modern-day Viking disillusionment.

Like, just fuck the world and point a bass boat towards the western shore....fucking throwing dynamite and shit. At least in Valhalla, I'd be fanning away clouds and demanding blowjobs from chicks that look like a Viking St. Pauli Girl beer label chick.

Removing 72 burkas is a logistical nightmare. Then you'd need barrels of Koran-approved depillatory and soap.

Hardrock69
04-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Well, George Lucas just sank a little lower...I just saw a commercial a while ago where Darth Vader was interrogating the two M & Ms, and the red one refused to go to the Dark Side, so Darth choked him into unconsciousness.

Fucking merchandising has officially begun for Star Wars III.

**Sigh**

twonabomber
04-26-2005, 12:47 AM
wait until the Burger King promos hit...

Vinnie Velvet
04-26-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Well, George Lucas just sank a little lower...I just saw a commercial a while ago where Darth Vader was interrogating the two M & Ms, and the red one refused to go to the Dark Side, so Darth choked him into unconsciousness.

Fucking merchandising has officially begun for Star Wars III.

**Sigh**

And what the hell is wrong with that???

The more Star Wars the better, as far as I'm concerned!

I wanna see Star Wars stuff plastered EVERYWHERE!!!

BRING IT ON!!!:D

ULTRAMAN VH
04-26-2005, 09:41 AM
Yes, Gene Simmons is a money making machine and has given KISS a bad name for it. But you can't blame the guy for making a rather comfortable living. And anybody who is critical of his lifestyle would probably jump right in, if given the chance to lead his life style. Women, world travel, a successful rock band, hollywood movie roles, and book sales. C'mon who would not love to live a life like that.
As for Lucas, again when did it become a crime to make lots of money. I suggest watching the documentary that was attached to the latest dvd trilogy. It states clearly that George worked damn hard to build his empire and almost died from exhaustion and a heart attack while doing it. I just love when people judge those individuals who are driven and make something of themselves. The old green eyed monster strikes again.

Vinnie Velvet
04-26-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
Yes, Gene Simmons is a money making machine and has given KISS a bad name for it. But you can't blame the guy for making a rather comfortable living. And anybody who is critical of his lifestyle would probably jump right in, if given the chance to lead his life style. Women, world travel, a successful rock band, hollywood movie roles, and book sales. C'mon who would not love to live a life like that.
As for Lucas, again when did it become a crime to make lots of money. I suggest watching the documentary that was attached to the latest dvd trilogy. It states clearly that George worked damn hard to build his empire and almost died from exhaustion and a heart attack while doing it. I just love when people judge those individuals who are driven and make something of themselves. The old green eyed monster strikes again.

Good point.

The rise of both Lucas and Simmons are similar in some respects.

But what Lucas had done was far greater. He created the Hollywood we now see churning out movies these days.

And he's continuing to raise the bar in terms of film making.

blonddgirl777
04-26-2005, 01:48 PM
In answer to the question:
"WHO IS THE BIGGER WHORE"?

I'll say it again:

Gene $immons WOULD fuck his mother for a dime... just read his book!
Everyone would sure love fame and fortune (women etc...)
But at what price?
We are all different on that.

As for Lucas, I don't know him well enough...

nosammy
05-08-2005, 02:06 PM
the question should read"is there a bigger marketing whore than Simmons?":D

Mezro
05-08-2005, 02:43 PM
When people offer you giant piles of cash to license your brand how can you say no?

Sure Gene & George sold out. So what? Who would ever turn down more money?

At the end of the day we all want to make more money. Being part of a band or a director is just another job. Would you ever turn down a raise?

Mezro...if an artist is sane and has the ability to sell out, they will...

Shaun Ponsonby
05-08-2005, 03:12 PM
George Lucas and Gene Simmons are both whores for money.

You can actually get Wookie meat. It's a bit chewey!!!!
:D :D :D

Matt White
05-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Gene, hands down.

Less talent, sell everything possible.

Never has somebody made so much off of so little.

nosammy
05-24-2005, 09:35 AM
let the whore show...begin! I believe the Lucas stuff will be the biggest this year and we won`t hear the end of it until next summer....the commercials this summer will be endless and the christmas time commercials will be the worst......the grosses for the movie for the weekend hit 150 million!!!!!!....that smoked all movie reciept records.....a whole new generation of kids have never seen this before.....means alot of money for George....let`s face it, Gene`s a slut ........ but he can only dream of the money that is flowing to Lucas right now ...... it makes the KISS empire seem like small bananas...

Shaun Ponsonby
05-24-2005, 03:20 PM
Hehe, you said bananas.