PDA

View Full Version : A Scathing Chairman Dean Finds Republicans 'Evil,' 'Corrupt' and 'Brain-Dead'

Ally_Kat
04-25-2005, 01:11 PM
A Scathing Chairman Dean Finds Republicans 'Evil,' 'Corrupt' and 'Brain-Dead'

By Brian Faler

Howard Dean may not be running for anything, but his elbows appear to be as sharp as ever.

Since taking over as chairman of the Democratic National Committee earlier this year, the former presidential candidate has been quoted in newspapers making unusually caustic remarks about Republicans.

Dean has suggested that they are "evil." That they are "corrupt." He called them "brain-dead" during a stop in Toronto -- and while the Terri Schiavo case was still in the news. He has tagged Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) as a "liar." Last week, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that he mimicked a "drug-snorting Rush Limbaugh" at an event there.

Dean was noted for his candid and often unpredictable comments during his campaign last year. Then, as now, many Democrats said they don't mind the former Vermont governor's bluntness.

"You don't want a wallflower for a party chairman," one Senate Democratic aide said. Dean's remarks have not attracted much attention in the national media, in part because he has focused largely on local and regional news outlets since taking the party's helm in February.

But his counterparts in the Republican National Committee have noticed. "It's odd that Howard Dean says he wants to earn the respect of those who live in the red states, but chooses to not only attack their views but attack them personally," RNC spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt said. "Americans want to hear an agenda, rather than name calling."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/04/24/AR2005042401160_pf.html

Ally_Kat
04-25-2005, 01:15 PM
Earlier today, I spoke to President Bush, and I offered him and Laura our congratulations on their victory.

We had a good conversation, and we talked about the danger of division in our country and the need, the desperate need for unity, for finding the common ground, coming together.

In the days ahead, we must find common cause, we must join in common effort, without remorse or recrimination, without anger or rancour.

I pledge to do my part to try to bridge the partisan divide.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3980533.stm

Well, if Mr. Kerry meant what he said, I think he should speak out against Dean's anger against an entire political party. Instead of saying this person from the party is or whatnot, Dean's saying the entire party. And he's really not gaining my respect by telling me I'm evil and corrupt. In fact, I'm less likely to take what he has to say seriously. Really not helping his cause.

DrMaddVibe
04-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Don't worry...he didn't mean what he said. By losing the election he surrendered any base he thought he had there to begin with.

Dean grabbing the chair and Clinton becoming more and more vocal only cements it in.

academic punk
04-25-2005, 01:39 PM
He forgot to mention "ignorant", "aethetically challenged", and "victims of chronic halitosis".

FORD
04-25-2005, 01:56 PM
The Doc ROCKS!!

And he's absolutely right, as usual :cool:

BigBadBrian
04-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Republicans of the world should get down on their knees and thank the Holy Lord that Dean the Mean is in charge of the Democratic Party. Nothing like a loud mouth idiot to alienate the middle of America and drive them to the Right. That is exactly what he's doing. It's too bad that Democrats can't see that.

Next thing he'll do is get that bonehead Al Franken and Janeane Garafalo to help him. He needs two more to complete his Three Stooges act.

Nickdfresh
04-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
...Nothing like a loud mouth idiot(s) to alienate the middle of America and drive them to the Right. That is exactly what he's doing. It's too bad that {Republicans) can't see that.

Hmmm...seems like you could be talking about Bill Frist or Tom DeLay also!;)

aesop
04-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
He forgot to mention "ignorant", "aethetically challenged", and "victims of chronic halitosis".

Hey AP... This is NOT a EVH thread... perhaps you were confused??

aesop
04-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Hmmm...seems like you could be talking about Bill Frist or Tom DeLay also!;)

What??? Republicans want Americans to lean more right?? Say it isn't so...

Betty Bush III
04-25-2005, 04:03 PM
Howard Dean pushes the dems further into obscurity, and they are too dumb to pick up on it. Maybe he'll forget to take his meds again and act like a lunatic on national TV. Maybe he'll pee on someone's leg this time around.

FORD
04-25-2005, 05:27 PM
Howard Dean is acting like a Democrat, and showing leadership. It pisses off the DLC and it scares the shit out of the neocons.

Just saw a poll yesterday (if I can find it again, I'll post it) which says that people prefer the Democrats when they show some spine, as Dean has done, and as Harry Reid has done on occasion. Even Kerry's starting to come around at least part of the time.

The appeasement pussies of the DLC who have caused the Democrats to lose so much ground in the last 20 years are on the way out and the REAL party of FDR & JFK is coming back. It's just a damn fucking shame it all couldn't have happenned last year :(

DrMaddVibe
04-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Even Kerry's starting to come around at least part of the time.

Not so fast!

FORD
04-25-2005, 05:33 PM
I didn't say anything about his athletic ability, Assvibe.

Guitar Shark
04-25-2005, 05:39 PM
"Evil" and "corrupt" I can agree with, but "brain-dead"? No way. The Democrats are the brain-dead party at the moment. How else do you explain the fact that Bush got a second term?

FORD
04-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
"Evil" and "corrupt" I can agree with, but "brain-dead"? No way. The Democrats are the brain-dead party at the moment. How else do you explain the fact that Bush got a second term? http://beancounters.blogs.com/daydreams/images/diebold_17a-thumb.jpg

Guitar Shark
04-25-2005, 05:51 PM
You're making my point FORD, in a way you probably didn't intend.

Nickdfresh
04-25-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by aesop
What??? Republicans want Americans to lean more right?? Say it isn't so...

Sorry, forgot the (left)!

Warham
04-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Anybody that says that you can find blacks working at the local Holiday Inn puts the DNC's spin machine into overdrive, and puts Karl Rove on vacation.

Ally_Kat
04-25-2005, 08:08 PM
Howard Dean is acting like a Democrat, and showing leadership.

Ah...but if it was a Republican up there spouting that the Democrats where brain-dead and the such, he was just be an asshole and another example of the horrible Republicans who should never bein office.

If this is an example of Democratic leadership, I don't think I want one in the White House using that kind of leadership.

You can be strong, stubborn, and show leadership without being reduced to 5th grade schoolyard name calling.

Just saw a poll yesterday (if I can find it again, I'll post it) which says that people prefer the Democrats when they show some spine, as Dean has done

I thought we didn't trust polls?

FORD
04-25-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Ah...but if it was a Republican up there spouting that the Democrats where brain-dead and the such, he was just be an asshole and another example of the horrible Republicans who should never bein office.

Bill Frist told a nationwide audience of Busheep yesterday that Democrats were basically enemies of God who hate all people of faith. And yes, I'm paraphrasing, but that was the tone and the intent of his message.

FAUX News, hate radio and so-called "journalists" like Anndy Coulter call us everything from "terra sympathizers" to "America haters" to "always on the wrong side of history, etc."

And for the last few years, nobody with a title in the Democratic party has called them on it. Now that someone is, they're whining about it. :cry:

If this is an example of Democratic leadership, I don't think I want one in the White House using that kind of leadership.

You can be strong, stubborn, and show leadership without being reduced to 5th grade schoolyard name calling.

As Metallica says, Fight Fire With Fire. The BCE and their Whore Media have been assaulting Democrats for years. It may very well be "5th grade schoolyard name calling", but it seems to be the only thing some people understand. Like those who watch FAUX and listen to Limbaugh's rants on a daily basis.

I thought we didn't trust polls?

The poll's not the end word on the subject. But actually the fact that a corporate media poll (apparently) has mentioned this fact means that the approval of the Democratic spine is even higher than they're willing to give credit for.

Three Lock Rock
04-27-2005, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Republicans of the world should get down on their knees and thank the Holy Lord that Dean the Mean is in charge of the Democratic Party. Nothing like a loud mouth idiot to alienate the middle of America and drive them to the Right. That is exactly what he's doing. It's too bad that Democrats can't see that.

they cant see shit because their faggots. and they hate america. if it were up to them, wed have the terrorists jumpin in and hurting what we hold proudly!

god thanks you for kickin their asses, brian! my salute to you!

three lock rock (takin time to salute brian while lovin the sam)

Nickdfresh
04-27-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Three Lock Rock
they cant see shit because their faggots. and they hate america. if it were up to them, wed have the terrorists jumpin in and hurting what we hold proudly!

god thanks you for kickin their asses, brian! my salute to you!

three lock rock (takin time to salute brian while lovin the sam)

OMG! This mental defective is discussing politics now!