PDA

View Full Version : The police are out of control.

Steve Savicki
04-25-2005, 03:09 PM
http://www.livejournal.com/users/merryjest/1121039.html

I agree wholeheartedly:

ST. PETERSBURG - (AP) -- An attorney says he plans legal action against St. Petersburg police officers who handcuffed an unruly 5-year-old girl after she acted up in her kindergarten class.

A video camera, which was rolling March 14 as part of a classroom self-improvement exercise, captured images of the girl tearing papers off a bulletin board, climbing on a table and punching an assistant principal before police were called to Fairmount Park Elementary.

Then it shows the child appearing to calm down before three officers approach, pin her arms behind her and put on handcuffs as she screams, ``No!''

Largo lawyer John Trevena, who provided the tape to the media this week after obtaining it from police, says the officers went too far.

''The image itself will be seared into people's minds when you have three police officers bending a child over a table and forcibly handcuffing her,'' said Trevena, who represents the girl's mother, Inga Akins. ``It's incomprehensible. . . . There was no need for that.''

Police declined to comment, citing an official complaint by Akins that has triggered an investigation by the supervisor of the four officers who were present. Two are new officers who were being trained that day.

Spokesman Bill Proffitt said the inquiry would be complete in about two weeks and the findings made public.

The 30-minute tape shows assistant principal Nicole Dibenedetto trying repeatedly to calm the girl, who ignores her commands and begins punching her. The child's mother was called but wasn't able immediately to come to the school.

After placing the girl in the back of a police car, officers released her to her mother when prosecutors told them they wouldn't charge a 5-year-old.

----------------
Handcuffing 5-year-olds, tazing 6-year-olds. What's next, using rubber bullets against unruly 8-year-olds?
Just what the HELL are our police officers on, anyways? Is someone lacing their doughnuts with Crystal Meth or something like that?

This is like putting Officers Callahan and Tackleberry from "Police Academy" in Kindergarten Patrol

DrMaddVibe
04-25-2005, 03:12 PM
Local story here.

What the rest of the nation doesn't get is the backstory. This isn't the girl's first run in with the cops at school.

They should've tazered her ass. Now THAT would've been shocking video!

Steve Savicki
04-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Yes, but tazering will only make the girl grow up angry.
Certainly there are other ways to hand a 5 year old.

DrMaddVibe
04-25-2005, 03:19 PM
You're right. They should've maced her.

Watch the video.
http://www.sptimes.com/2005/04/22/Southpinellas/Video_shows_police_ha.shtml

That wild child was yelling,screaming,punching,tearing stuff off of the walls and the minute she makes eye contact with the cop she straightens up and shuts her loud mouth. Later on she's seen kicking and screaming at the cops. The handcuffs were put on to "scare" not restrain.

The mom is blaming the school for not moving her little angel to another school after the last incident where cops were called in for almost the same thing.

monkeythe
04-25-2005, 04:32 PM
As a 5 year old, if I acted like that cops putting handcuffs on me would have been the least of my problems. Who wants to bet that the kid wasn't disciplined by her parents after her first police encounter?

twonabomber
04-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki

Certainly there are other ways to hand a 5 year old.

use a bigger bat.

Nitro Express
04-25-2005, 11:29 PM
Great, the police are busy taking care of a bratty kindergarten kid that the teacher should be able to handle, while car jackers, robbers, rapists, and murderers run wild.

My kindergarten teacher would smack you with a stick and make you stand in the corner all day with no treats for that type of behavior. As soon as the teacher told my mom what I did, the shit would really hit the fan.

Crazy. The school must call the cops because they are impotent to do anything about it because they can be sued for using any kind of dicipline. Teachers used to have the parents on their side but not no more.

DrMaddVibe
04-25-2005, 11:33 PM
Keep your finger on the pulse of this one!

BABY MAMA DRAMA!

Seems mama fired the attorney she retained for this one!

FORD
04-26-2005, 12:05 AM
Three cops to subdue a 5 year old??

What kind of pussy cops do they have in Florida?

monkeythe
04-26-2005, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Three cops to subdue a 5 year old??

What kind of pussy cops do they have in Florida?

How many cops did they need to capture Elian Gonzalez a few years back? Those kids in Florida must be extra-tough.

FORD
04-26-2005, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by monkeythe
How many cops did they need to capture Elian Gonzalez a few years back? Those kids in Florida must be extra-tough.

Yeah, but he had that secret Castro super-mean-judo-commie training though, so that's different.

Three Lock Rock
04-26-2005, 03:07 AM
Man if only we could just bring some classic Vh albums over to the middle east, everything would calm down. music is the answer(I Can;t stop luving you-Sammy Hagar)

monkeythe
04-26-2005, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Three Lock Rock
Man if only we could just bring some classic Vh albums over to the middle east, everything would calm down. music is the answer(I Can;t stop luving you-Sammy Hagar)

I heard that's what Castro forces people to listen to and is the main reason why Elian Gonzales tried to flee from there

FORD
04-26-2005, 03:14 AM

You got that right, sheep. One listen to "Can't Stop Cheesing You" and all the insurgents would surrender immediately and beg Allah's mercy.

monkeythe
04-26-2005, 03:14 AM
I meant the I Can't Stop Loving You, not the Classic VH. Classic VH is still banned there because he doesn't want his people to know how good we have it here.

BigBadBrian
04-26-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Local story here.

What the rest of the nation doesn't get is the backstory. This isn't the girl's first run in with the cops at school.

I've finally seen this video and will finally offer my inspiring, thought provoking commentary on the matter at hand.

Who in the sam hell taught this little delinquent that it was OK to hit an adult? Obviously this goes on in the chids home. The child is a victim of a neglectful home environment and should be removed immediately. An investigation should be done on the parents or guardians to see what kind of environment has fostered this kind of behavior in such a budding young example of America's youth.

:gulp:

Hardrock69
04-26-2005, 12:35 PM
I think the child's mother needs to have the fucking shit beat out of her.

fe_lung
04-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Happens twice a week at the grade school my mother teaches at here in VA. They have a 5 year old thats broken one teachers arm and anothers pelvis in 4 places. The cops cart kids out of there left and right.

DrMaddVibe
04-26-2005, 12:45 PM
BBB, that's why I directed him to see the video.

On it you see how much restraint the school had for an obviously destructive quite possibly mentally ill child! How many times did she hit the teacher or throw something?

If anyone happened to see the footage they show in snipet form then of cours there would be outrage. This isn't the kid's first run in with the cops. Nor is it the mom's!

LARGO - Pinellas County schools Superintendent Clayton Wilcox told NBC's ``Today'' show Monday that a St. Petersburg assistant principal ``tried her best to de-escalate'' a kindergartner's tantrum before police arrested the child.

Responding to a story that attracted national headlines during the weekend, Wilcox told ``Today'' anchor Katie Couric that Fairmount Park Elementary staff ``followed their training and did the right things'' as they sought to calm the unruly 5-year-old.

``But, certainly, it was a horrific incident,'' he said.

Video images of the girl's March 14 outburst were played in local and national television broadcasts in recent days. They capture scenes of the kindergartner ripping papers off a bulletin board and striking at Assistant Principal Nicole Dibenedetto.

The 30-minute video, released last week by an attorney for the girl's mother, shows St. Petersburg Police Department officers arriving and handcuffing the girl. The camera was rolling as part of a classroom self-improvement exercise, school officials have said.

Largo lawyer John Trevena appeared on ``Today'' with Wilcox, arguing that Dibenedetto and the girl's teacher agitated the child and that police overreacted. He had planned to sue the police department.

However, after his segment with the ``Today'' show aired, Trevena received a letter from producers of the Fox Television tabloid show ``A Current Affair'' informing him he no longer was representing the girl's mother, Inga Akins.

He would not divulge the letter's contents but said he talked to Akins late Saturday, who told him ``A Current Affair'' producers prohibited her from talking to him or other media. ``I was startled,'' he said.

A spokeswoman for ``A Current Affair'' would not comment Monday. Wilcox appeared on the show's evening broadcast, which also featured an interview with Akins.

Later Monday, Wilcox sought to speak with the girl to see how she was doing and discovered she had been withdrawn from the school system because her mother moved out of state.

St. Petersburg police continue to investigate how their officers handled the arrest of the girl. The officers bound her wrists and legs.

The department has not changed its policies or procedures because of the girl's arrest or the resulting publicity, police spokesman Bill Proffitt said. Immediately after the March incident, police said the officers' actions were within policy. A final report is due within two weeks.

Wilcox said he would not second-guess the officers' actions.

Wilcox has received e-mails from across the nation expressing varying opinions about the girl's arrest. Some have posted vicious comments on his Web log, hosted by The St. Petersburg Times' Web site, prompting Times editors to remove entries containing ``race-based ugliness, profanities ... and other threatening language.''

Wilcox said Dibenedetto unsuccessfully tried calling the school's police officer and the girl's mother. Dibenedetto then called St. Petersburg police to intervene.

Akins had ordered the school's staff not to touch her daughter, Wilcox said. Dibenedetto was ``walking on eggshells,'' he said.

``She found herself in a very precarious position,'' he said. ``If she put her hands on the child, we'd probably be here talking about something different.''

http://www.tampatrib.com/FloridaMetro/MGBL4E5KZ7E.html

Nickdfresh
04-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Local story here.

I think we should all move to Florida and sell large quantities of cocaine! Apparently the ploice have diffculties dealing with unruly toddlers.:D

That sad thing is, a few posts here are dead on; the mother is probably a big enabling cunt whose child is always the 'victim.' Nothing is ever her fault. Mom is probably a 'friend' of her sweet little pumpkin, not a parent, and has a mentality not much above the level of a toddler! They should probably mace and arrest that bitch, and send the child to be adopted by a loving gay couple.;)

If people need licenses to be married, THEN THEY SHOULD NEED A LICENCE TO HAVE KIDS!

But the cops could also have handled this better; most departments do (or should) have officers specialy trained for this sort of thing (dealing with children and shitty parents).

Nickdfresh
04-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Great, the police are busy taking care of a bratty kindergarten kid that the teacher should be able to handle, while car jackers, robbers, rapists, and murderers run wild.

My kindergarten teacher would smack you with a stick and make you stand in the corner all day with no treats for that type of behavior. As soon as the teacher told my mom what I did, the shit would really hit the fan.

Crazy. The school must call the cops because they are impotent to do anything about it because they can be sued for using any kind of dicipline. Teachers used to have the parents on their side but not no more.

Yeah? Well who is going to handle the lawyer when the teacher and school district gets their asses sued by retard, never should have had kids in the first place, mom?

That's why the cops were called! COVER YOUR ASS (CYA)! The first rule in modern day education!

Steve Savicki
04-26-2005, 03:00 PM
How did this thread suddenly include Van Hagar discussion?:confused:

FORD
04-26-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
How did this thread suddenly include Van Hagar discussion?:confused:

Three Inch Cock couldn't leave his Cheddar obsession out of the thread.

Nickdfresh
04-26-2005, 05:09 PM
BBB, that's why I directed him to see the video.

On it you see how much restraint the school had for an obviously destructive quite possibly mentally ill child! How many times did she hit the teacher or throw something?

You're right! But if a parent works against a school district, it gets very ugly.

The district must constantly dot every "I" and cross every "T" legally speaking or they risk a lawsuit.

This child belongs in either a "One-Eight-One" placement (where you have a teacher, and a teacher's aide, for eight emotionally disturbed kids, often at a separate "alternative" school) or she needs a teacher's aide to follow her around all day and sit in class with her to defuse the situation, and restrain her much more quickly than a teacher that has 20 other students in his/her classroom to worry about.

Both are very expensive and unpleasant options! And in both cases you have to be very careful in order to prevent successful law suits.

Nickdfresh
04-26-2005, 05:12 PM

OMG! What an idiot! You make me very angry and want to kill, so I doubt it!

Van Hagar power ballads will only serve to fan the flames of mistrust and hatred!

BigBadBrian
04-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

That sad thing is, a few posts here are dead on; the mother is probably a big enabling cunt whose child is always the 'victim.' Nothing is ever her fault. Mom is probably a 'friend' of her sweet little pumpkin, not a parent, and has a mentality not much above the level of a toddler! They should probably mace and arrest that bitch, and send the child to be adopted by a loving gay couple.;) BBB obviously does not agree with this crapola. :p

If people need licenses to be married, THEN THEY SHOULD NEED A LICENCE TO HAVE KIDS!

You're probably right, Nick. Too many damned parents try to be "friends" with their kids before having the "parent" aspect covered. That and there are too many damned parents working double jobs outside the home neglecting the kids in general. Shameful.

Nickdfresh
04-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Haha! I was just kidding about the gay stuff. In any case, the State will now have to raise that kid it looks like or she'll just end up in prison or dead.

All I know is that I may end up homeschooling any kids of mine, if I have them.

jacksmar
04-26-2005, 05:27 PM
Nick , you of all people should know that the ACLU types have not only dictated what you can do to a kid in school but what they can’t do.

We had a mouthty football player in my high school physics class. The teacher was a former golden gloves boxer. He kept it up and the teacher didn’t once lose his concentration. He continued his lecture, paused long enough to pick the football player up out of his chair by the jersey and threw him to the back of the room. Then picked him up again and sat him back down. He continued the lecture and then asked the football player to stay after the class was dismissed. The teacher got the principal, the football coach, and the guidance counselor in the room. Gave the kid an incomplete and moved him out of physics. His F ( which kids used to get for flunking ) cost him a 2 game suspension until he met the requirement for play again.

That “little” girl was still giving orders when she said “no” as they were putting the cuffs on her.
Parent problem. No dad or mom that gives a shit. Same with the football player.

Teachers deserve the respect of parents for being selfless enough to take on the responsibilities most parents have shirked for some time. School corporations had better get with the times or most of the kids will end up in private schools and thus a decline in local tax to support them.

I really don’t know how you take it Nick. I know when I heard the first disrespectful eh-yeah,
well …… the kid wouldn't taste shit for a week.

And to the parents that would want to sue me for that, I’ll see you after class. Respect lesson forthcoming. Teachers like Nick don’t deserve what you teach at home.

Nickdfresh
04-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by jacksmar
Nick , you of all people should know that the ACLU types have not only dictated what you can do to a kid in school but what they can’t do.

We had a mouthty football player in my high school physics class. The teacher was a former golden gloves boxer. He kept it up and the teacher didn’t once lose his concentration. He continued his lecture, paused long enough to pick the football player up out of his chair by the jersey and threw him to the back of the room. Then picked him up again and sat him back down. He continued the lecture and then asked the football player to stay after the class was dismissed. The teacher got the principal, the football coach, and the guidance counselor in the room. Gave the kid an incomplete and moved him out of physics. His F ( which kids used to get for flunking ) cost him a 2 game suspension until he met the requirement for play again.

That “little” girl was still giving orders when she said “no” as they were putting the cuffs on her.
Parent problem. No dad or mom that gives a shit. Same with the football player.

Teachers deserve the respect of parents for being selfless enough to take on the responsibilities most parents have shirked for some time. School corporations had better get with the times or most of the kids will end up in private schools and thus a decline in local tax to support them.

I really don’t know how you take it Nick. I know when I heard the first disrespectful eh-yeah,
well …… the kid wouldn't taste shit for a week.

And to the parents that would want to sue me for that, I’ll see you after class. Respect lesson forthcoming. Teachers like Nick don’t deserve what you teach at home.

No dude, it's not the ACLU. It's often times the parents. And this is an uncommon occurrence not the norm. A few parents can poison a district if they have lawyers. But don't get me wrong, some districts deserve to be sued as well.

Anyone striking a student in New York State is risking a felony charge. Fortunately, that works both ways and it's intent was to protect teachers and other students.

The difference of days of yore I heard from older teachers is that in nearly every case during the seventies, parents would always back the teacher. Now it's often the opposite. The worst kids have the worst parents ususally!

In the district in which I live, there was a plan a few years ago by three students to conduct a Columbine style massacre! The kids were arrested and then thrown out. But one of the kids' parents said that he should be allowed back in and to go to graduation ceremonies and the district told them to go fuck themselves and their son. His mother was going to get a lawyer because precious was a "good kid" that caught up in something that was just talk/a joke :rolleyes:

The community rose up against them and they began to get threats and left town thereafter.

I can tell you that it's the Administration that sets the tone for discipline! If they don't back (good) teachers, a District will turn into a worthless piece of shit in no time flat.

The problem is the over ENABLING (http://dict.die.net/enabling/) of kids and certain parents today. It's really only a few, but it's unfortunate!

larbo
04-27-2005, 09:44 PM
how else can you deal with an out-of-control brat? that was the only way. it happened here where I live today to a little boy. you cant let'em go nuts and keep hitting people. if I tried that shit when I was that age, not only would've the teacher put their foot in my ass, I would have had to look forward to what my mom & dad would have for me. I say cuff these little fuckers.

larbo
04-27-2005, 09:57 PM
RACIST SHIT DELETED.

FORD
04-27-2005, 10:19 PM
Alright, that is fucking it.

GET YOUR RACIST FUCKING ASS OFF THIS BOARD.

AND BTW, SINCE WHEN IS BURBANK IN WEST VIRGINIA,SISTER FUCKER?

Steve Savicki
04-27-2005, 10:32 PM
Okay, if no one else has anything more civil to say, Ford has my permission to close this.

larbo
04-27-2005, 11:16 PM
why did you delete my post? thats a bunch of bullshit. there was nothing racist in there what so ever. just facts. not one racist word was said. this shit needs to be reported. and callin me a sister fucker you dumb fag is a big mistake. prolly the biggest mistake you'll ever make. that shit is myth city boy. burbank? who the fuck said anything about burbank pinto? today it happened in wheeling w.v.

Nickdfresh
04-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by larbo
why did you delete my post? thats a bunch of bullshit. there was nothing racist in there what so ever. just facts. not one racist word was said. this shit needs to be reported. and callin me a sister fucker you dumb fag is a big mistake. prolly the biggest mistake you'll ever make. that shit is myth city boy. burbank? who the fuck said anything about burbank pinto? today it happened in wheeling w.v.

"Prolly the biggest mistake you'll ever make.."

Is it me, or is this site filled with retared, white trash internet tough guys now?

Making threats, even veiled ones, over the internet is a lot like making them over the phone. And that's a felony:);)

larbo
04-27-2005, 11:30 PM
come to wv and talk that shit.

Nickdfresh
04-27-2005, 11:38 PM

"I goin' back to Cali! NO WAY!"
--Thankyou LL Cool J!

Nickdfresh
04-27-2005, 11:45 PM

Where will you be?:confused:

larbo
04-28-2005, 12:46 AM
come find me huckle berry.

Nickdfresh
04-28-2005, 12:59 AM
come find me huckle berry.

Since you won't tell us where you really are, I'll just have to these two ruffians hunt you down!

http://www.w3bdevil.com/forums/Gay-Thrashing.jpg

larbo
04-28-2005, 01:14 AM
dont threaten to hunt me down. my brother work's for the FBI in clarksburg w.v. and any attempt to do so or anything of this nature would be extremly foolish. nick the little dick, I dont know why you are attacking me cause this is between me and ford pinto so go with your two boyfriends and play hide the salami and leave me alone.

FORD
04-28-2005, 01:19 AM
This thread is now closed, at the request of the original poster.