PDA

View Full Version : Rosie O'Donnell Weds Longtime Girlfriend

ELVIS
02-26-2004, 11:00 PM
Feb 26, 2004

By LISA LEFF (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040227/D80V9Q3O0.html)

http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/ROSIE_ODONNELL_WEDDING.sff_NYET225_20040226181008. jpg
Former talk show host Rosie O'Donnell, right, kisses her partner Kelli Carpenter after their marriage at the City Hall in San Francisco on Thursday

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Rosie O'Donnell married her longtime girlfriend Thursday, taking what she called a proud stand for gay civil rights in the city where more than 3,300 other same-sex couples have tied the knot since Feb. 12.

"I want to thank the city of San Francisco for this amazing stance the mayor has taken for all the people here, not just us but all the thousands and thousands of loving, law-abiding couples," the former talk show host, holding a large bouquet, said after she and Kelli Carpenter emerged from their brief ceremony inside Mayor Gavin Newsom's office.

The couple were married by Treasurer Susan Leal, one of the city's high-profile lesbian elected officials.

The newlyweds walked hand in hand down the grand marble staircase in the rotunda to thunderous applause from hundreds of spectators who came to witness the city's first celebrity same-sex wedding.

As the San Francisco's Gay Men's Chorus serenaded the couple with a few bars of "Chapel of Love," O'Donnell smiled and said: "We really did. We got married."

O'Donnell told the crowd that she and Carpenter, who have been together six years and are raising four children, decided to dash to San Francisco after hearing President Bush endorse a proposed constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage Tuesday.

"We were both inspired to come here after the sitting president made the vile and hateful comments he made," O'Donnell said.

The couple left New York at 5 a.m in order to make their 1 p.m. appointment in San Francisco to pick up their marriage license.

"One thought ran through my mind on the plane out here - with liberty and justice for all," O'Donnell said, drawing even more cheers as she held up her hand in a peace sign. She and Carpenter then kissed for the cameras.

The couple were flying back to New York later in the day to attend parents' day at their children's school Friday, O'Donnell said. She joked that with four children under the age of 8, they hadn't planned a honeymoon.

City Hall, which has been transformed into a virtual wedding chapel since the city began issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, was packed with spectators hoping to catch a glimpse of the most famous couple to be married there so far. Tourists, reporters and couples there for their own weddings vied for space on all three levels of the ornate building, while the Gay Men's Chorus serenaded the crowd with renditions of "The Star Spangled Banner" and "We Shall Overcome."

In an interview, Leal said she wished others could have seen O'Donnell and Carpenter as they took their vows to be "spouses for life."

"There was not a lot of ad-libbing even though Rosie is a comedian. They smiled a lot, they had a lot of tears in their eyes," Leal said. "It was like any people who know they are entering into a solemn commitment."

The couple brought a friend from New York to serve as one of their witnesses and recruited Joe Caruso, the mayor's director of neighborhood services, to be the other.

"It is a great pleasure and privileged to be part of history," Caruso said.

Earlier, on ABC's "Good Morning America," O'Donnell said she decided to marry Carpenter, a former dancer and marketing director at Nickelodeon, during her recent trial in New York over the now-defunct Rosie magazine. During the case, she referred to Carpenter as her wife.

"We applied for spousal privilege and were denied it by the state. As a result, everything that I said to Kelli, every letter that I wrote her, every e-mail, every correspondence and conversation was entered into the record," O'Donnell said. "After the trial, I am now and will forever be a total proponent of gay marriage."

California Attorney General Bill Lockyer will ask the state Supreme Court on Friday whether San Francisco's issuing of same-sex marriage licenses violates state law, which designates marriage as only between heterosexual couples.

:rolleyes:

John Ashcroft
02-26-2004, 11:03 PM
Damn! You mean she's no longer available???

Sarge
02-26-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Feb 26, 2004

By LISA LEFF (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040227/D80V9Q3O0.html)

http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/ROSIE_ODONNELL_WEDDING.sff_NYET225_20040226181008. jpg
:rolleyes:

UGH,
I think I wanna hurl!
Rosie is a dog!

Sarge
02-26-2004, 11:28 PM
so is she the man or woman in that relationship?

ELVIS
02-26-2004, 11:48 PM
I was wondering the same thing...

Ally_Kat
02-27-2004, 01:01 AM
i would say the man. Definately the man.

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 01:08 AM
I dunno, that other thing looks pretty manly as well...

FORD
02-27-2004, 01:44 AM
Who gives a shit. Those two have been together for several years, and they have been through a bunch of shit together. More power to them .

It's really sad when some people would rather legislate discrimination than encourage love.

Or haven't you noticed how much fucking hatred there is in the world lately?

Cathedral
02-27-2004, 02:09 AM
Rosie called her partner her wife, so we know who wears the.....pants? in that unit.

Whatever you call IT, that is just nasty as hell...

I'm against this whole fucking thing and i will not be surprised when they all start throwing fits when they find out their marriages are not legal.

I think it's funny that i am being accused of discrimination over an immoral union, lol...
The fact that laws are being blatantly broken without going through the proper channels doesn't seem to bother anyone.
Can you say Anarchy?
It seems those people who were bitching about that 10 Commandments deal and Judge Moore ignoring the law don't have anything but support for the Mayor of that little sin pot in Cali.

Hmmmmm, could that be just another Liberal double standard?
I mean c'mon now, You seem so concerned about where this country is heading but this little Empowerment Deal going on with Activist Government Officials doesn't get anything but your support and defense?

You are right, this country is fucked but it has nothing to do with President Bush...

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Who gives a shit. Those two have been together for several years, and they have been through a bunch of shit together. More power to them .

It's really sad when some people would rather legislate discrimination than encourage love.

You sure you're not a homo ??

You can repent.. as long as there's breath there's hope...

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 04:28 AM
Who gives a shit.

God gives a shit...

ESV: (English Standard Version): "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."
KJV: (King James Version): "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."
LB: (Living Bible): "The penalty for homosexual acts is death to both parties. They have brought it upon themselves."
Net Bible: "If a man has sexual intercourse with a male as one has sexual intercourse with a woman, the two of them have committed an abomination. They must be put to death; their blood guilt is on themselves." 1
NIV: (New International Version) "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."
NLT: (New Living Translation): "The penalty for homosexual acts is death to both parties. They have committed a detestable act, and are guilty of a capital offense."
RSV: (Revised Standard Version): "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them."

Full Bug
02-27-2004, 06:24 AM
I cant stand Rosie, never have, I couldnt care less if she was hit by a truck tomorrow, whoever said she reminds them of a dog is right.......
I wonder whatever happened to that homo she had on her show, John McD or something? What a fag......

Igosplut
02-27-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Sarge
so is she the man or woman in that relationship?

I think I see the bulge of a strap-on under that blue coat.....

Full Bug
02-27-2004, 06:28 AM

You would love living in Toronto now Ford where the left wingnuts have made gay marriage legal, not that the general public were ever asked what they felt on the issue.....:rolleyes:

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 07:25 AM
There you go FORD...

Move to Toronto...

John Ashcroft
02-27-2004, 07:54 AM
Yeah, this lawlessness has got to stop. I don't really give a rat's ass on which issue it is. If you don't like a law, you can't just simply say "fuck it! I'm doing what I want anyway". Especially if you're an elected official sworn to uphold the laws of our Country. If laws contradict each other, the court system decides, not some fucking asshole mayor catering to a voting block. What do you guys think would be the reaction of the press if a mayor in Texas took the same stance on fire arms? I mean, the 2nd Ammendment is pretty clear, and we have contradicting state and federal laws. "So it's my duty to follow the Constitution verbatim in these matter... There will no longer be any restrictions whatsoever on the ownership of firearms". And then they'd open up town hall as a gun shop. Could you imagine what the press would be doing??? Hell, if a Clinton was still in office, the ATF would descend on that particular town in oh, let's say about 3 fucking seconds! They'd parade that particular mayor around in a fucking orange jump suit for all the other "right-wing, extremist malcontents" to see (That's if he survived the seige...)

So why is lawlessness treated diferently in San Francisco?

Junyore Grades
02-27-2004, 08:06 AM
Good for him.

Cathedral
02-27-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Yeah, this lawlessness has got to stop. I don't really give a rat's ass on which issue it is. If you don't like a law, you can't just simply say "fuck it! I'm doing what I want anyway". Especially if you're an elected official sworn to uphold the laws of our Country. If laws contradict each other, the court system decides, not some fucking asshole mayor catering to a voting block. What do you guys think would be the reaction of the press if a mayor in Texas took the same stance on fire arms? I mean, the 2nd Ammendment is pretty clear, and we have contradicting state and federal laws. "So it's my duty to follow the Constitution verbatim in these matter... There will no longer be any restrictions whatsoever on the ownership of firearms". And then they'd open up town hall as a gun shop. Could you imagine what the press would be doing??? Hell, if a Clinton was still in office, the ATF would descend on that particular town in oh, let's say about 3 fucking seconds! They'd parade that particular mayor around in a fucking orange jump suit for all the other "right-wing, extremist malcontents" to see (That's if he survived the seige...)

So why is lawlessness treated diferently in San Francisco?

It's full blown 100% unadulterated "ANARCHY" my brother and if this trend keeps up we are going to seriously be in trouble.
WHY in the hell is that Mayor not having to answer for this ?
Better yet, Why in the fuck has Arnold done nothing about this, it is his fucking job to see that the laws in California are enforced is it not?

The last few days i have been very uncomfortable with the social climate in this country.
They wasted no time jumping Judge Moore's ass over the 10 Commandments Monument yet those same poeple who screamed foul are just sitting back, silent no less, about the events in Cali.

The fact is, OUR faith and founding principles are under attack yet people just sit there afraid to open their mouths.

I don't get it, there are clearly more of us than them but the silence is deafening.
They break the law but it's the principled, moral people on the defense?
You know what, if you really want to know which religion is the true path to heaven then just take a look at the rate of attack.
Christianity seems not to be imploding while every other church is full of gay leaders, child molestors, and some insane doctrines.

Since the beginning of time Evil has done battle with Good, just look around and see which one is still standing with its moral fiber still in tact.
There ya go, process of elimination shows you where you need to go.

Liberals stand for everything that is detestable to God and you know what? You don't want to be a Liberal at this stage of the game. It's final Jeopardy and you have all the marbles on God accepting you as an ignorant sinner.
We should be repenting right now and another thing i have noticed the last 2 days is that everyone is talking about God thanks to Mel Gibson.

You don't think there is a higher power at work here? You'd better believe there is...

Wayne L.
02-27-2004, 09:36 AM
I don't care if gays & lesbians want to get married even though I disagree with the lifestyle personally but Hollywood lesbian & no talent comedian Rosie O' Donnell getting married to her partner in San Francisco is just a cheap publicity stunt in the name of politics criticizing President Bush since she's craving for attention.

Dr. Love
02-27-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Yeah, this lawlessness has got to stop. I don't really give a rat's ass on which issue it is. If you don't like a law, you can't just simply say "fuck it! I'm doing what I want anyway".

Yeah, exactly!!

Oh well, guess we shouldn't have gone for Independence from Britain after all.

FORD
02-27-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Yeah, exactly!!

We had to do that, Doc! Remember, those guys over there wear skirts! We must protect our country from any possible acknowledgment of anything other than White Christian Conservatives, or we're all doomed :eek:

Right now Senator Rick Santorum, a true American hero, has a bill before Congress to officially rename the species "Hetero Sapiens" because God doesn't like those scientists either!

It's truly frightening, Doc. And those damn sodomites are to blame for all of it!

So are them gommorahites, though who knows what they did, right?

</sarcasm>

John Ashcroft
02-27-2004, 10:54 AM
1st, This reply's for Cat: (I'll get to you guys in uno momento)

Yep, but all I can do is live my life the way I hope is the right way. I'd love to convince others to do so as well, but if they don't get it they don't get it. It'll all work out in the end my brother, alot of these types of issues are out of our hands.

However, what's in our hands is how we adhere to the rule of law in our society. And you're right, there is anarchy eminating from the left, and they have their own witch hunts (Ala Judge Moore, so I don't want to hear it from the peanut gallery). I try to chock it up to one big temper tantrum from being fired en-masse over the last few years, and I still hope that's the case (it's undoubtably happening, I'm just wondering when it'll stop and what damage it'll cause while it's running it's course). You're also 100% right that common morality is what makes our (or any other) system successful, as we don't have and would never want a police state. Now, if an adult guy likes to bang another adult guy in the privacy of his home I truly see this as an issue between him and his God. If they work, pay their taxes, follow the speed limit, etc. in otherwords, if you couldn't pick them out in a lineup, great! But I can't stress this enough, just because they don't like a law doesn't mean they can break it with abandon. There are methods built right into the system to change law. If you don't play by the rules of our system, you have no business taking part in our system.

John Ashcroft
02-27-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Yeah, exactly!!

So you're considering this as a breakup of our Country? You see, this is exactly what we're talking about, and are afraid of. There's no hipocrisy here, even if you're trying to be a little cute by implying some. Our forefathers left Britain because they were unwilling to live under their restrictions, and thought they could have a better go at it alone. It worked. If California and Massachussetts feel they can no longer be a part of our country, then go for it. Wanting to be a part of the country, but being unwilling to follow the laws of the country won't work. It's as simple as that.

We went for it in the birth of our country. We tried for a while to be a colony of England, with a set of autonomous rules and it didn't work. There was no middle ground, and that's how I believe we should deal with these renegade public officials. You follow the rules to be a part of this country, or you leave.

Ally_Kat
02-27-2004, 11:10 AM

But where should we stop then? There's love with same-sex relationships, so let them marry. What about the love that could happen between a grown man or woman and a small child? Or the love that could happen between family members? Or hell, the love that could happen between a man and his 3 girlfriends. What about the love between an adult and their pet dog, or sheep, or horse, or whatever.

knuckleboner
02-27-2004, 11:18 AM
san francisco is breaking california law. perhaps it's civil disobedience. which has long been a part of american culture.

which means you're still breaking the law. if the court systems believe the law was not valid (i.e.: unconstitutional, as opposed to just being not the best law) then the person who broke the law is off the hook.

however, if the courts view the broken law as valid (however bad it may be in an ideal state) then whoever broke the law has to be willing to take their punishment. they knowingly broke the law.

i'm not against (and actually, i'm not really for, either) the san fran. mayor allowing gay marriage in contravention of california law. however if the courts rule the cali law was valid (as they very well may) then i would expect the san fran mayor to accept responsibility and be liable for whatever penalty he has (which will ultimatley probably be contempt of court for ignoring a judicial order.)

John Ashcroft
02-27-2004, 11:27 AM
What's the chance of that? After all, he is a Democrat...

Oh, and sorry for the tone of my posts fellas... I've got some other shit going on simultaneously that's got me a little wound up, and I don't intend to let it bleed over to here.

FORD
02-27-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
But where should we stop then? There's love with same-sex relationships, so let them marry. What about the love that could happen between a grown man or woman and a small child? Or the love that could happen between family members? Or hell, the love that could happen between a man and his 3 girlfriends. What about the love between an adult and their pet dog, or sheep, or horse, or whatever.

Not comparable situations. Children and animals cannot give proper consent, so that is considered rape. (Even though a sheep is unlikely to press charges)

Incest, besides being morally disgusting, is also proven to be a bad idea medically. With inbreeding increasing the odds of many genetic problems (though I did meet these 2 distant cousins at a family reunion, one blonde and one redhead who.... uh, never mind.)

As for the guy with multiple wives, I'll leave that one up to the Utah state legislature and the LDS church to figure out. ;)

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 11:40 AM

Incest, besides being morally disgusting, is also proven to be a bad idea medically.

Same goes for sticking your cock in a man's hairy anus...

knuckleboner
02-27-2004, 11:48 AM

Incest, besides being morally disgusting, is also proven to be a bad idea medically. With inbreeding increasing the odds of many genetic problems (though I did meet these 2 distant cousins at a family reunion, one blonde and one redhead who.... uh, never mind.)

heh heh. in the generally more conservative commonwealth of good ol' virginny, (http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+20-38.1) marriage between 2 FIRST cousins is totally legit. after all, we believe in the sanctity of marriage.

(i just hope for their sake, if pink s. ever moves to the commonwealth that she and BBB blood test to be at least half-siblings. cause otherwise, i'm sensing marly matlin / james carville...)

Ally_Kat
02-27-2004, 11:53 AM
Not comparable situations. Children and animals cannot give proper consent, so that is considered rape. (Even though a sheep is unlikely to press charges)

As for the guy with multiple wives, I'll leave that one up to the Utah state legislature and the LDS church to figure out. ;)

I know a couple of 14-16 yr old gals who "fell in love" with some middle-aged guys and consented to sexual acts. Why is it considered a type of rape if they are willing participants? Why are we discriminating against what they want?

And why is incest morally disgusting? If they love each other so much, who would it be hurting? Why are we discriminating against them? Hell, they know each other and what to expect. Hell, they're family! They'd probably stay married longer than some of the regular non-related people getting married.

John Ashcroft
02-27-2004, 12:24 PM
After all, they can get abortions without any adult supervision...

Cathedral
02-27-2004, 01:14 PM
Hmmmmm, I just went and had lunch with my daughter and her Sunday School Pastor, it is Pastor Appreciation Day.
They had a little music thing where the choir sang for everyone and before lunch had a little message for everyone and guess what that message was?

Be Missionaries!!!
It is our responsibility as children of God (Im not using the Christian label here) to go out to all the world and at the very least try bring people, no, we are required to bring people to God.
It is not our job to make them serve God, or even determine where they choose to worship God. It is simply our duty as believers to GET THEM to the place where his message can and will be heard.
the rest has to come from their heart, but we have done our job at that point.
We cannot, as people of faith just sit back and watch the world full of our brothers and sisters walk alone in the dark.
Some say its forcing them to conform, or that we are trying to choose who and what they believe in, or dictate what their faith should be. But you know what, i am to the point where if i have to hear and see immorality as commonly as i brush my teeth every single day and i allow it to drag me to a place i know in my heart i should not be. I am going to start fighting back by telling them about God and even ask them to come to church with me.
The last few months, let me tell you, i have been from one side of the spectrum to the other because i started questioning my faith and the congregation that i at one time thought was awesome.
But money corrupts and i learned that my fears were NOT unjustified.

Our Pastor lost sight of his duty and got really wrapped up in trying to make the few that showed up to church tithe for those who didn't and in the end he cracked, it all exploded and he is no longer Pastor of our Church. I wish the best for the man and forgive his mistakes, but thank him for what he ultimately did for the congregation over the last few years.
But the last couple of days it is really all becoming so clear. The problem with this country is lack of respect for the Lord and each other.
I am totally entering a new stage of my existance for sure. Oh i have alot of things to correct still, and its very hard to break the mental cycle i have spent 37 years in. I fail in many ways everyday and fall flat on my face, but i get up, look to the sky and ask for help and i feel i am getting it.

One statistic i learned today that shocked me is that 82% of Americans claim to be Christian.
Yet only 60% believe in what the bible says as factual accounts.
That means that 22% of the Christians in this country do not read or believe in the bible at all.
That just blows my mind away.
It told me one thing for sure though, evry person i meet will get an invitation to come with me to church, everyone, no matter how they react or over react, or what they say. if they say no the invitation will be open until the day i die. it will be there choice to accept or deny, but i have done my best.

I am writing music again to play for youth groups and booking touring coffee house meetings where music contains the message. It is the only time in my entire life as a musician that i have ever been comfortable on a stage, completely comfortable.

My point is that no matter what happens in the political spectrum, I will not accept immorality as a companion in my walk on this earth. I will do my duty to try and bring the people to God and his word and not walk away or ignore them just because of their choices in life be them good or bad.
The eye opener for me today is that the Christians, or Believers in Christ, are failing to be Missionaries and do what is required of us to do according to the teachings of Christ.
It is really making sense to me now for some reason and in all honesty, God gave his son to this world knowing his destiny, knowing he would be put to death and it just seems to me God wants the same in return....Souls, we must deliver Souls to him or we have failed miserably in our only true mission in life.
If the non-believer wants me to hear what he has to say no matter how conflicted i am of the content, then they are going to listen me and what i have to say no matter how conflicted they are with the content. We both have the option to walk away at any time but the truth is we all need each other to make it to the Kingdom of God, and i refuse to walk away and tell myself it is OK to let them do their thing because it isn't Ok, it was never OK, and it will never be OK...

John Ashcroft
02-27-2004, 01:38 PM
I think you're missing the point Cat, they're not interested. The word of God is available throughout this country, the work's been done (not that it's finished mind you), but you can bring a horse to water...

Gays have heard it, I'm sure by now. Your pastor said it all when he said "It is not our job to make them serve God". The problem is, many Christians (and all other religions) can't accept this portion. I'm not faulting you, please understand that. But it's not a personal failure on your part if segments of our population choose not to hear what you have to say. I've seen it so many times now I've lost count. A religious person takes up the evangelist duty set by God. They go out and work it with all of their heart and soul. And yet a segment still doesn't want to hear. In pretty much every case I can remember, the evangelist takes is as a sign that they're not working hard enough to get God's message across. After all, "clearly once they understand what I'm saying, they have no choice but to see the errors of their past and repent". What I'm saying is you can fulfil your duty by reasonable and rational dialog. You don't have to accept their lifestyles ever, but neither they yours. I think by now you know I'm no hippie (even thought that last line sounded a little...) But I truly believe that the Lord helps those who help themselves. There's things a man (and woman) just have to figure out themselves. Your job is to let them know the Christian option, not enlist in a modern-day crusade to convert the non-believers.

Believe me when I say this, I appreciate people like you doing your best to spread the word of God. It's a worthy and nobel undertaking, and is never easy. I'll never ask you to condone behavior you consider immoral, but I can tell you from experience that there comes a time where you have to step back a bit and analyze the positives your work has brought, and give some time to let it sink into the others. Many times the constant pushing drives people farther from Christ, not closer.

Cathedral
02-27-2004, 01:48 PM
After reading what you just posted i'd say i got the point, lol. maybe i wasn't very clear but i agree 100%.
Yesterday was when i didn't get it because i was full of anger just thinking of my daughters future.

Leading the horse to the water is all i plan to do. if they don't want to go i won't push it and keep trying. I will however leave the door open for them to join me if they choose to someday.

I have seen some very lost people get it with my own eyes which brings me to my final point.
We can lead the horse to the water, but once they see the water the chances are they will eventually get thirsty and drink. If not, like i said i have done my duty as a believer and will always respect a persons free will to choose the path they choose to take.
At that point it is between them and God, period.

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 01:54 PM
Cat's in a similar situation as I am
Originally posted by Cathedral
I will not accept immorality as a companion in my walk on this earth.

Then you must resign from the pic arcive. You are weak my brother and I wish to help you stay on the narrow path...:D

BigBadBrian
02-27-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
UGH,
I think I wanna hurl!
Rosie is a dog!

Sarge, we need a puke smiley. it could be :rosie:

:D

Cathedral
02-27-2004, 02:18 PM
Cat's in a similar situation as I am

Then you must resign from the pic arcive. You are weak my brother and I wish to help you stay on the narrow path...:D

Yep, i agree totally. I wish to help you help me stay on the narrow path.
There is always strength in numbers and the narrow path is only lonely if you have no friends to travel it with you.

BigBadBrian
02-27-2004, 02:21 PM
I know a couple of 14-16 yr old gals who "fell in love" with some middle-aged guys and consented to sexual acts. Why is it considered a type of rape if they are willing participants? Why are we discriminating against what they want?

Exactly. These same girls could be put away for a very long time if they committed a crime with the argument that they had full knowledge and comprehension that they knew what they were doing.

I think adults having sex with children is abominable, but to me it's only one more notch down the rope to hell than man-on-man butt love. :gulp:

Ally_Kat
02-27-2004, 02:25 PM
the narrow path is going to get crowded with you guys walking side by side :angel:

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 02:44 PM
That would be awesome !!

Ally_Kat
02-27-2004, 03:09 PM
http://www.3q2u.com/uploads/yellow_brick_road-thumb.JPG

that picture fits in this thread in so many different ways

knuckleboner
02-27-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I think adults having sex with children is abominable, but to me it's only one more notch down the rope to hell than man-on-man butt love. :gulp:

you mean than "same sex love" don't you? i mean, correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm not sure the God that dislikes homosexuals actually makes an exception for lipstick lesbians...;)

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Are you Wayne L. ??

Cathedral
02-27-2004, 04:05 PM
http://www.3q2u.com/uploads/yellow_brick_road-thumb.JPG

that picture fits in this thread in so many different ways

That's a cool picture Ally!!!

And i dig your website also. how do you get the background to stay stationary and have the text scroll over it like that?

I am remodeling my site and have seen this feature alot lately and would like to see if i can do that to, lol.
I just finished teaching myself how to make Macromedia Flash files.

Whats your secret darlin?

Ally_Kat
02-27-2004, 04:33 PM
You talking about my xanga right? Cuz the homepage is just all images pasted together.

If you want the background to stay, put bgproperties="fixed" in the body background code after you put the linkie and that should help ya do that.

Jesus Christ
02-27-2004, 04:34 PM

The eye opener for me today is that the Christians, or Believers in Christ, are failing to be Missionaries and do what is required of us to do according to the teachings of Christ.
It is really making sense to me now for some reason and in all honesty, God gave his son to this world knowing his destiny, knowing he would be put to death and it just seems to me God wants the same in return....Souls, we must deliver Souls to him or we have failed miserably in our only true mission in life.

My son, ye make it sound like this is some production line job, but verily this is not the case! Ye mention My teachings, but do ye live by them? For if ye are living by My example, then that is all ye need to do to bring My lost children unto Me.

But verily, I have seen ye preach a gospel that is not Mine. One where ye judge and condemn all too often, and while it may be what ye hath heard in thy church, it is not My teaching :(

For all hath sinned and will stand before Me in judgment. It is not thy place to condemn them, but to do just the opposite. When I asked Peter three times in a row to feed My sheep, do ye think I was referring to just bread, wine, and a couple of fish? No, I meant to feed their spirits. And ye cannot feed the spirit of someone whom ye are condemning.

And that goes for you too, Gregory. Now go into the world, live by My teachings, and not the doctrines of men. Especially self serving politicians. :)

Ally_Kat
02-27-2004, 04:36 PM
Jesus, I loved you in the Passion :D

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 04:42 PM
You saw it ??

Jesus Christ
02-27-2004, 04:46 PM
Jesus, I loved you in the Passion :D

Dad and I haven't seen it yet, but verily it seems to be getting good reviews. That poor lady who had a heart attack while watching the movie though :(

She nearly had another one when she opened her eyes in Heaven and saw Me!

The real irony here is that it was ultimately a heart attack which killed Me upon the cross. Many people assume that death from crucifixion is caused by the bleeding, but that is not so. What actually taketh place is that the strain of the gravity pulling on thy body makes it harder to breathe, and with thy arms stretched out, even more so. And as ye get tired, the breathing is even harder. Eventually, ye die of asphixyation. In My case, the added burden of the sins of mankind made My heart overload and it basically blew up inside My chest.

This is why blood and water, seperated, came from My side when the Roman centurian stabbed Me with his spear.

So whatever ye see in the movie, the reality wasn't pretty. :(

Ally_Kat
02-27-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Dad and I haven't seen it yet, but verily it seems to be getting good reviews. That poor lady who had a heart attack while watching the movie though :(

She nearly had another one when she opened her eyes in Heaven and saw Me!

The real irony here is that it was ultimately a heart attack which killed Me upon the cross. Many people assume that death from crucifixion is caused by the bleeding, but that is not so. What actually taketh place is that the strain of the gravity pulling on thy body makes it harder to breathe, and with thy arms stretched out, even more so. And as ye get tired, the breathing is even harder. Eventually, ye die of asphixyation. In My case, the added burden of the sins of mankind made My heart overload and it basically blew up inside My chest.

This is why blood and water, seperated, came from My side when the Roman centurian stabbed Me with his spear.

So whatever ye see in the movie, the reality wasn't pretty. :(

the movie isn't pretty either.

i was taught it was just suffocation though? Heart attack was involved too?

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 04:53 PM
Dear lord..

Why is FORD unable to apply his vast knowledge ??

Ally_Kat
02-27-2004, 04:55 PM
You saw it ??

half of it. My grandmother was over so we were watching the one catholic channel on cable. They had this special show on discussion the movie and Jesus, and showed like half the movie! Score!

Let me just say that how they did the devil, at first he's all cool and then he just started creeping the pants off of me.

And I just realized who it is that plays Jesus - the guy from The Count of Monte Cristo. That movie got so much cooler when I found that out. :D

But they didn't show most of the actual crucifixtion part or the beating, which suprised me seeing how they are a Catholic channel and the Church I went too loved talking about that part. I should be going to see it sometime this next week after everything calms down and I can get my hands on tickets.

Cathedral
02-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Um, ok...........

Living by the teachings of Christ is not all it takes. we have to reach out to those who are lost and help guide them to where they need to be.
I never used the words "Production Line" and i pretty much typed what i meant.
My apologies for not being clear enough to please you, but God knows whats in my heart
I talk to him all the time, especially when i stumble and fall on my face.

It's not a I got mine go get your's kind of thing. Lost sheep need direction and that's what i plan on doing.
I'm going in and i'm bringing people with me...

Jesus Christ
02-27-2004, 04:56 PM
the movie isn't pretty either.

i was taught it was just suffocation though? Heart attack was involved too?

As I said, this is how the blood and water in My body seperated so quckly. Liken it unto a bottle of Italian salad dressing. As long as ye keep it shook up, it appears as one liquid, but if it sits, then it separates. As does the blood in thy body once circulation stops.

Jesus Christ
02-27-2004, 04:57 PM
Dear lord..

Why is FORD unable to apply his vast knowledge ??

Gregory, how do ye know what FORD knoweth from what he does not?

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 05:03 PM
Because I pay attention..

FORD knows all kinds of facts.. and he knows your teachings.. but he skews it to his leftist adgenda...

He hates President Bush while you love the president...

I'm worried about FORD's well being...

Ally_Kat
02-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Um, ok...........

Living by the teachings of Christ is not all it takes. we have to reach out to those who are lost and help guide them to where they need to be.
My apologies for not being clear enough to please you, but God knows whats in my heart

It's not a I got mine go get your's kind of thing. Lost sheep need direction and that's what i plan on doing.

didja see the html code in the mess of posts here hun?

Jesus Christ
02-27-2004, 05:10 PM
Um, ok...........

And reaching out to those who are lost isn't one of My teachings? :confused:

There are times ye remind me of Simon Peter? Are ye a fisherman, by any chance? No, guess not in Ohio.....

Peter thought he had the answers but the Bible chronicles on many occasions where that failed him. When he walked on water, and then sunk like a rock. When he cut off that Roman's ear thinking he was protecting Me. And that same night when he denied even knowing Me three times before the cock crew at sunrise.

Eventually, he pulled it together and has been Our bouncer now at the Pearly Gates for the last 1,960 years or so. But only when he realized that if My teachings contradict the teachings of man - even the teachings of thyself - then something's got to go, for a man cannot serve two masters.

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 05:10 PM
I thought I was hun...

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 05:12 PM
There is good fishing in Ohio...

Ally_Kat
02-27-2004, 05:13 PM
I thought I was hun...

i call everyone hun

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 05:18 PM
Well..

No candy for you...

:elvis:

Jesus Christ
02-27-2004, 05:22 PM
Because I pay attention..

FORD knows all kinds of facts.. and he knows your teachings.. but he skews it to his leftist adgenda...

He hates President Bush while you love the president...

I'm worried about FORD's well being...

I love all My children, but that doesn't mean I agree with what they do. My teachings were not given as partisan politics, but the scribes and pharisees tried to paint them that way, just to incur the wrath of Caesar upon me.

The Son of Bush claims to follow Me, but his actions say otherwise. I hath read the PNAC agenda, My son, and frankly it makes Me ashamed to be a Jew to know that fellow descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob could believe in a doctrine so foul.

Liberals are not perfect, as none are (except Myself) but even those who are non believers uphold many of My teachings better than some who call themselves Christians. They speak the doctrines of love and compassion, and care for the planet which Dad and I created. Why do people who call themselves by My name not do these things, Gregory? :(

Thy country is fast approaching the times of which I spoke in Matthew 24. Since Dad is still keeping the exact date a big secret, I cannot even tell you how much time ye have.

This is My commandment: that ye love one another. Why is that so hard to understand?

Jesus Christ
02-27-2004, 05:25 PM
There is good fishing in Ohio...

River fishing, yes. But not the type of commercial sea fishing as My apostles did for a living.

(I made the rivers and the fish, remember? :) )

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Thy country is fast approaching the times of which I spoke in Matthew 24.

..and liberals who back abortion and gay marriage are getting us there at lightning speed...

alexpgrimes
02-27-2004, 05:35 PM
The fat bitch looks like she's gonna swallow her face.

Ally_Kat
02-27-2004, 09:56 PM
Well..

No candy for you...

:elvis:

candy? what kind of candy?

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm not tellin'...

Ally_Kat
02-27-2004, 10:03 PM
oh, you smell! :p

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 10:05 PM
This thread is all over the place...

Cathedral
02-27-2004, 10:18 PM
didja see the html code in the mess of posts here hun?

Yes i did, thank you so very much. I find sites like that and i always check out the source codes but for some reason never found it.
Thank you, Ally!
I'm gonna try and get that working tonight.
Oh and i didn't mean to leave you hanging. i took some meds for this sinus infection and fell out for a few hours, lol.

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 10:24 PM
.. a likely story...

YOU'RE HIGH ON DRUGS YOUNG MAN!

REPENT AND SIN NO MORE!

Cathedral
02-27-2004, 10:34 PM
And reaching out to those who are lost isn't one of My teachings? :confused:

There are times ye remind me of Simon Peter? Are ye a fisherman, by any chance? No, guess not in Ohio.....

Peter thought he had the answers but the Bible chronicles on many occasions where that failed him. When he walked on water, and then sunk like a rock. When he cut off that Roman's ear thinking he was protecting Me. And that same night when he denied even knowing Me three times before the cock crew at sunrise.

Eventually, he pulled it together and has been Our bouncer now at the Pearly Gates for the last 1,960 years or so. But only when he realized that if My teachings contradict the teachings of man - even the teachings of thyself - then something's got to go, for a man cannot serve two masters.

Well, you make some very valid points and at the same time you confuse me.
I'm getting better though!
It isn't as if it is easy finding a place where the teachings are loyal to the facts and without hidden agendas.
The church i attend right now doesn't have a Pastor because of all the crazy stuff that went down. (it almost made me give up)
but as i said, i'm getting better... ;) I just need guidance from time to time.

By the way, I'd never deny Christ and i would have gladly gone to the cross along side him, or even for him if i could.
I have lived 37 years of pain, heartache and disappointment that has ripped me apart and basically destroyed everything i have ever loved or cared about, but i never gave in. (although i have a family member that wishes i had)
It is only by the grace of God that i am still here and i know it is because there is a job for me to do.

Dave, you'd be very surprised at the amount of times i have felt a presence around me, a presence of death, a presence that tried its best to make me chuck it all. I certainly couldn't have rebuked that demon alone...

Cathedral
02-27-2004, 10:39 PM
.. a likely story...

YOU'RE HIGH ON DRUGS YOUNG MAN!

REPENT AND SIN NO MORE!

I wish i could avoid these meds. the pressure in my head makes it difficult to think or focus.

I need a new sinus cavity.

Cathedral
02-27-2004, 10:41 PM
oh, you smell! :p

You smell too, Like a red rose on a warm spring morning waiting to be watered and nurtured... :)

Ally_Kat
02-27-2004, 10:50 PM
I wish i could avoid these meds. the pressure in my head makes it difficult to think or focus.

I need a new sinus cavity.

have you tried Claratin? that's otc now I think.

Ally_Kat
02-27-2004, 10:51 PM
You smell too, Like a red rose on a warm spring morning waiting to be watered and nurtured... :)

awh shucks, Cat!

Ally_Kat
02-27-2004, 10:52 PM

REPENT AND SIN NO MORE!

LMAO! that should go in your sig!

Cathedral
02-28-2004, 01:04 AM
have you tried Claratin? that's otc now I think.

Yep, i have become immune to all the sinus drugs at this point. Nothing seems to give me any relief.

I'd be happy to do without a nose at this point... :(

Ally_Kat
02-28-2004, 01:07 AM
hun, it sounds serious. Can you see an ENT? cuz now i'm worried about ya hun

Cathedral
02-28-2004, 01:19 AM
Oh don't worry about me. it happens everytime the seasons start to change. It is genetic i think, my whole family has the same problem just not like i do apparently.

What i need to do is move to a drier climate like say California or Arizona, anywhere but Ohio as it is the sinus capital of the world.

I'll be fine, if not the Hospital is just 1 mile up the road... ;)

All i need is to be able to get some restful sleep. maybe if i did that i wouldn't be so psychotic all the time, lol.

ELVIS
02-28-2004, 01:42 AM
LMAO! that should go in your sig!

Ok!

Ally_Kat
02-28-2004, 02:11 AM
Oh don't worry about me. it happens everytime the seasons start to change. It is genetic i think, my whole family has the same problem just not like i do apparently.

What i need to do is move to a drier climate like say California or Arizona, anywhere but Ohio as it is the sinus capital of the world.

I'll be fine, if not the Hospital is just 1 mile up the road... ;)

All i need is to be able to get some restful sleep. maybe if i did that i wouldn't be so psychotic all the time, lol.

General Tso's. Works for me in the spring.

Cathedral
02-28-2004, 02:17 AM
Never heard of that, i will have to write that one down and see if i can locate it.
Thanks for the tip, sugar dumplin... ;)

On Topic: I'd rather talk about sinus meds than comment any further on homosexuality...

Ally_Kat
02-28-2004, 12:12 PM
Cat, it's a Chinese takeout dish! Gots a kick to it. Or maybe Elvis can send up some Cajun :D

FORD
03-01-2004, 01:32 AM
General Tso's is good. Thai food is better. Or just get some of this stuff and put it on anything you eat.....

http://www.huyfong.com/images/garlic.jpg

A spicy sauce with a touch of garlic.

Chili Garlic is a tempting blend of coarsely ground chilies and garlic. The delicious flavor of the sauce complements everything from a cracker to poultry to soups. It has a full-bodied flavor that will make your mouth water.

Available in 8 oz., 18oz., and 8.75 lbs. sizes.

Viking
03-01-2004, 02:16 AM
Aside from the fact that Mrs. O'Bese is built like a long-haul Kenworth driver, what's this thread doing in The Front Line?

Little Texan
03-01-2004, 02:58 AM
They could charge that blonde lesbo bitch she married with bigomy! I never have been able to stand (or stomach) that big, fat, ugly, dyke bitch! Even before she came out of the closet, I couldn't fucking stand her! Queen of nice my ass! BTW, why is it that all women with the name Rosie or Roseanne are big, fat heffers?

Little Texan
03-01-2004, 03:00 AM
An AC/DC song comes to mind...A Whole Lotta Rosie? A whole lotta woMAN.

John Ashcroft
03-01-2004, 08:06 AM
Heh heh heh... Speaking of nasty, anyone catch her on O'Reilly a while ago? Got to hear about her diarrhea... :uck:

BigBadBrian
03-01-2004, 08:30 AM
General Tso's is good. Thai food is better. Or just get some of this stuff and put it on anything you eat.....

http://www.huyfong.com/images/garlic.jpg

A spicy sauce with a touch of garlic.

Chili Garlic is a tempting blend of coarsely ground chilies and garlic. The delicious flavor of the sauce complements everything from a cracker to poultry to soups. It has a full-bodied flavor that will make your mouth water.

Available in 8 oz., 18oz., and 8.75 lbs. sizes.

I'll have to agree with you there. It's particularly good on fried chicken livers that have a sesame seed coating on them. Yum Yum.

FORD
03-01-2004, 09:25 AM
It's amazing how one thread can go from gay weddings to advice from our Lord and Savior, to Asian food all in just 4 pages.

Ally_Kat
03-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I'll have to agree with you there. It's particularly good on fried chicken livers that have a sesame seed coating on them. Yum Yum.

Brian, I was hungry but you just changed that...

Little Texan
03-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Brian, I was hungry but you just changed that...

What, you don't like chicken livers? I'll bet you don't like buttermilk, either. I like all those odd foods that most people turn their noses up at. Chicken livers, chicken gizzards, beef hearts, buttermilk, pickled pig's feet...I love it all, baby!

Ally_Kat
03-01-2004, 03:18 PM
actually, my mom puts the gizzards into her homemade stuffing. I'm like the army with my don't ask don't tell policy when it comes to what's in my food.

Buttermilk is actually pretty good. I freak people out when I eat liverwurst.

Junyore Grades
03-01-2004, 03:39 PM
My mom loves Buttermilk and cornbread, and I have no idea why. To me it tastes spoiled.

I like sardines, and Rosie O'Donnel loves the smell of them.

FORD
03-01-2004, 04:12 PM
Buttermilk is good as an ingredient (salad dressing, biscuits, pancakes, etc) but as a food all by itself? Nah, it gives me the shits!

I'd still take it over chicken liver though (insert puke smiley here)

Cathedral
03-01-2004, 10:54 PM
It's amazing how one thread can go from gay weddings to advice from our Lord and Savior, to Asian food all in just 4 pages.

Ditto, its cracking me up...

Ally_Kat
03-02-2004, 02:07 AM

it's a sign that we all have been hanging around each other for too long