PDA

View Full Version : Ais America Radio investigated after Bush 'gunshots'

McCarrens
04-27-2005, 09:57 AM
The red-hot rhetoric over Social Security on liberal talkradio network AIR AMERICA has caught the attention of the Secret Service, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

Government officials are reviewing a skit which aired on the network Monday evening -- a skit featuring an apparent gunshot warning to the president!

The announcer: "A spoiled child is telling us our Social Security isn't safe anymore, so he is going to fix it for us. Well, here's your answer, you ungrateful whelp: [audio sound of 4 gunshots being fired.] Just try it, you little bastard. [audio of gun being cocked]."

The audio production at the center of the controversy aired during opening minutes of The Randi Rhodes Show.

"What is with all the killing?" Rhodes said, laughing, after the clip aired.

"Even joking about shooting the president is a crime, let alone doing it on national radio... we are taking this very seriously," a government source explained.

Developing...

<I>They broke a clearly defined law. Not that it matters. Air America will be shut down pretty soon anyway, since no one listens to them.

I surprised that anyone was listening to the network when they tried this stunt.</I>

Here's the link: http://drudgereport.com/mattabt.htm

Warham
04-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Air America?

I don't even think FORD listens to that.

But while we are at it, I've got a question for liberals here.

We all know that Limbaugh is the most successful talk show host in the history of the medium monetarily and audience wise. My question is, why hasn't liberal radio caught on, and where's Limbaugh's foil?

aesop
04-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Warham
Air America?

We all know that Limbaugh is the most successful talk show host in the history of the medium monetarily and audience wise. My question is, why hasn't liberal radio caught on, and where's Limbaugh's foil?

Rush has answered this very question himself MANY MANY times...

Nickdfresh
04-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Air America?

Actually Howard Stern trumps him, I think.

And to answer your question, I don't have a good answer other than I've heard "Air America" did not start like Rush did. he started locally and expanded gradually building up a loyal fan base in the process.

Air America tried to start as a national network, something unwise and more difficult to do.

FORD
04-27-2005, 11:28 AM
It took Mush several years to get the audience he has. Same with Stern, for that matter.

Air America has gained 53 broadcast affiliates in just over a year, in addition to listeners who listen to internet streams where radio is not available. And in July, they will be available on XM satellite radio 24 hours a day.

I'd say for a 13 month old network, they're doing pretty good.

As far as the alleged incident in question, this is the first I've heard of it, and I'm not taking Drudge's word for it. But I wonder where rave queen's concern is for Tom DeLay and John Cornball threatening the lives of judges? And those threats were carried live from the capitol floors on TV.

vanzilla
04-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by FORD
It took Mush several years to get the audience he has. Same with Stern, for that matter.

Air America has gained 53 broadcast affiliates in just over a year, in addition to listeners who listen to internet streams where radio is not available. And in July, they will be available on XM satellite radio 24 hours a day.

As far as the alleged incident in question, this is the first I've heard of it, and I'm not taking Drudge's word for it. But I wonder where rave queen's concern is for Tom DeLay and John Cornball threatening the lives of judges? And those threats were carried live from the capitol floors on TV.

What's funny is the judge DeLay made those remarks about was appointed by W's dad. OOOPS!

Warham
04-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Yeah, Delay really said we should string them up!

:rolleyes:

I want quotes where he threatened a judge's life.

"The time will come for the men responsible for this to answer for their behavior."

This quote doesn't qualify.

Nickdfresh
04-27-2005, 11:33 AM
People tend to forget that a good portion of what Drudge posts is either near complete bullshit or severally exaggerrated out of context.

I've read both supporters and detractors alike say he has lost his edge and is just another internet filter of news, a clearing house of other people's articles.

McCarrens
04-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Aren't they doing so well they are filing for bankruptcy or getting sued because they can't pay their employees?

Yeah, that's doing great!

McCarrens
04-27-2005, 01:09 PM
They have a clip of the incident up on Drudge now.

aesop
04-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by McCarrens
Aren't they doing so well they are filing for bankruptcy or getting sued because they can't pay their employees?

Yeah, that's doing great!

Hey!!! 1,714 listeners CAN'T be wrong! ;)

FORD
04-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Well, they're obviously making enough money that even FEAR CHANNEL stations are running their programming now. While it's true that Fear Channel is a right wing corporation founded literally with BCE money, they put greed above all else. And if they thought Air America was a financial risk, they wouldn't be signing up their stations to air programming that goes against their cowardly friend in the White House.

Ally_Kat
04-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by McCarrens
They have a clip of the incident up on Drudge now.

That's what I was thinknig when I was reading the claim it was bullshit or exaggerated.

I can't listen to it as I'm on school and don't have speakers, but it's hard to bullshit actual audio

Nickdfresh
04-27-2005, 03:22 PM
It's also hard to take seriously a government that investigates "Air America" for an obvious comedy bit. Aren't there enough children being abducted and raped lately?

Warham
04-27-2005, 04:19 PM
I'm all for Air America being pillaged and plundered.

Nickdfresh
04-27-2005, 04:25 PM
I'm all for Air America being pillaged and plundered.

Yeah, we wouldn't want the Federal Gov't do this like, oh let's see, control the borders, investigate child murders, find terrorists. They should roust liberal radio programs on trumped up charges. :rolleyes:

Warham
04-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Don't worry, Nick. There's enough politicians around to make it all work!

:D

Ally_Kat
04-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
It's also hard to take seriously a government that investigates "Air America" for an obvious comedy bit.

I believe there's a law about what they did

Three Lock Rock
04-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
I believe there's a law about what they did

They should play more Sammy Hagar on that faggit liberel station!

Ow! Forgive me father, for I have sinned
I've been through hell and back again
I shook hands with the devil
Looked 'im in the eye
Looked like a long lost friend

Ow-ah, anything you want, any dirty deeds
He's got everything 'cept what I really need
Keepin' me temporarily satisfied
But not one thing I've tried
Filled me up inside or felt like mine
Mine all mine

Yeah, the search goes on
The more I look, my world keeps gettin' smaller
Staring at the sun, searchin' for the light
Almost ended up blind Some only see what they wanna see
Claiming victory, oh but that's not me
Gimme truth, gimme somethin' real
I just wanna feel like it's mine all mine

(Ooh-ooo-ooh)
Ooh-oo-ooh, really mine
(Mine all mine)
Come on, 'n gimme somethin'
(Ooh-oo-ooh)
Somethin', that's mine all mine all mine

(Guitar Solo)

Mine all mine

All the words on the wall look the same in the mirror
Every riddle and every clue
Ow, you've got Allah in the east
You've got Jesus in the west
Christ, what's a man to do?

They'll find a cure for anything
Just kill the pain or numb my brain
We see a man speakin' the word of God
Provin' to be a fraud. his own church applauds
Stop lookin' out, start lookin' in
Be your own best friend
Stand up and say "Hey! This is mine!"

(Ooh-oo-ooh)
Ooh, all mine
(Mine all mine)
Yeah
'N baby you've got somethin'
(Ooh-oo-ooh)
Uh! An', and I got somethin'
(Mine all mine)
Hey, and it's mine all mine all mine

Uh!
(Mine all mine)
Ooooh!
(Mine all mine)
Yes, I'm searchin'
(Mine all mine)
Uh-I got to have it
(Mine all mine)
Oooh ow!
(Mine all mine)
Well
(Mine all mine)
Got ta, got ta, got to
(Mine all mine)
Got to have it. Ow!
(Mine all mine)
Uh! Uh! Uh!
(Mine all mine)
You got! You got! You got! You got!
Mine all mine

Briliant! hes a fucking genious! You rothtard dumbasses dig?

LoungeMachine
04-27-2005, 06:58 PM
We all know that Limbaugh is the most successful talk show host in the history of the medium monetarily and audience wise.

I believe you're wrong.

Stern out draws and out earns I think.

I may be the one who is wrong:cool:

BrownSound1
04-27-2005, 07:52 PM
To joke about shooting any President of the US is fucked up...and I do believe against the law as well.

Dr. Love
04-27-2005, 08:00 PM
exactly... I can understand it being a joke. I just don't find it funny.

FORD
04-27-2005, 08:44 PM
I won't make any comments until I download the clip itself. And Drudge's link is dead.

scorpioboy33
04-27-2005, 10:32 PM
I think I have heard of thie Rush guy. Is that Pill head who has been married 3 times? How is he "conservative"?

Nickdfresh
04-27-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
I think I have heard of thie Rush guy. Is that Pill head who has been married 3 times? How is he "conservative"?

His reputation recedes him.

scorpioboy33
04-27-2005, 10:37 PM
had it been anyone else he would have pointed his sausage finger and said send that boy to Jail...But of course it's different when that boy is yourself I suppose

Nickdfresh
04-27-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
had it been anyone else he would have pointed his sausage finger and said send that boy to Jail...But of course it's different when that boy is yourself I suppose

He actually said something to the effect that all drug users should be rounded up and put into camps.