PDA

View Full Version : For Pinky: Castro a Multi-Millionaire

John Ashcroft
02-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Fidel Castro rules the poverty stricken population of Communist Cuba where the average citizen scrapes by on starvation wages while managing to become one of the world's richest men.

According to Forbes magazine's annual compilation of the world's richest people, while reducing what was once a prosperous nation to the level of a desperately poor third-world country the fatigues-clad dictator has amassed a personal fortune of $195 million.

"The fatigues-fitted Cuban leader has lorded over an impoverished nation of 11 million people for the last 45 years," Forbes reported, adding that Castro "is believed to have several lavish homes throughout Cuba. He travels exclusively in a convoy of black Mercedes-Benzes."

"Deals struck with European companies - such as the reported $50 million sale of Havana Club rum to French liquor company Pernod Ricard in 1993 - line Castro's coffers with some $20 million a year," Forbes wrote.

And he exports jobs too! That Benedict Arnold!

Although Castro was not included among the 587 people listed on the Forbes billionaires list, he was included in a special box for kings and other members of the world's governing classes.

Link: here (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/2/27/35701.shtml)

Cathedral
02-27-2004, 08:46 AM
LMMFAO!!!

Dude, i really enjoy watching you two banter at each other like you do. It's almost as if you two were married.

Hey, can someone explain to me why Cuban Cigars are illegal here in the states?
Do they fuck you up or something?

John Ashcroft
02-27-2004, 09:23 AM
Trade embargo. Trying to force them to see the errors of their ways, and completely ineffective when the rest of the "West" doesn't play along.

Pink Spider
02-27-2004, 05:54 PM
I guess that would make Castro a capitalist.

But, anyway check this out.....

Senior US Officials Cozy up to Dictator Who Boils People Alive (http://www.thememoryhole.org/pol/us-and-uz.htm)