PDA

View Full Version : Pet spiders kills its owner

Full Bug
02-27-2004, 08:59 AM
Pet spider kills its owner

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004092008,00.html
From ALLAN HALL
in Berlin

A MAN who lived in his own “zoo” of lizards and insects was fatally bitten by a pet black widow spider — then eaten by the other creepy-crawlies.
Police broke in to Mark Voegel’s apartment to find spider Bettina along with 200 others, several snakes, a gecko lizard called Helmut and several thousand termites had gorged on his body.

Neighbours alerted police after becoming alarmed by the stink.

And horrified officers were met by a nightmare scene.

A police spokesman said: “It was like a horror movie. His corpse was over the sofa.

“Giant webs draped him, spiders were all over him. They were coming out of his nose and his mouth.

“There was everything there one could imagine in the world of reptiles.

“Larger pieces of flesh torn off by the lizards were scooped up and taken back to the webs of tarantulas and other bird-eating spiders.”

Loner Voegel, 30, never invited people back to his “jungle” home, a small apartment in the German city of Dortmund.

Police described it as a cross between a botanical garden and the butterfly breeding ground in the serial killer movie The Silence Of The Lambs.

One tarantula had built a nest the size of a swallow’s in a corner of the ceiling.

Voegel also had a boa constrictor and several poisonous frogs from South America.

Spider expert and animal cruelty officer Gabi Bayer said he kept creatures “that should never be allowed in a private home”.

She said: “He had spiders so aggressive they are the equivalent of a pit-bull in the animal world.”

The reptiles were allowed to roam free in the flat.

The heating elements on two tanks containing spiders and their termite snacks had exploded and dislodged the metal tops allowing them to escape.

Voegel is thought to have been dead for between seven and 14 days.

A post-mortem will be carried out in the next few days. But authorities believe Bettina alone was responsible for Voegel’s death.
================================
I have always had a fear of spiders and that story is the creepiest thing I have ever read, the stuff of nightmares, they were coming out his nose and mouth? Arggggg, I am not going to sleep tonite.....

Full Bug
02-27-2004, 09:04 AM
If you are afraid of spiders check out this website, just dont plan on sleeping for a week.......
http://www.rochedalss.eq.edu.au/spiderphotos03.htm

ELVIS
02-27-2004, 09:34 AM
Cool...

:elvis:

lucky wilbury
02-27-2004, 01:52 PM
eight legged freaks started out this way....

Full Bug
02-27-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
eight legged freaks started out this way....
Hey! Thats my wife you are talking about there!:D (Just kidding!;) )

lesfunk
02-27-2004, 05:23 PM
Now Thats Entertainment!

Full Bug
02-27-2004, 07:37 PM
idnt you hear a spider killed Cat? Now you know......

Eyes of the Night
02-28-2004, 05:51 AM
That's actually pretty fuckin' cool ...

What a dumbass that dude was ...

Hello, I have a pet black widow? Nuts I tell ya ...

:gulp:

Full Bug
02-28-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Eyes

Hello, I have a pet black widow? Nuts I tell ya ...
:gulp:
You do? A black gal who is widowed? How did her husband die, from a spider bite?:confused:

Dr. Love
02-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Man, a couple of years back a friend and I were going to go out to get some lunch, and to get to his car we had to walk past our stack of firewood.

Well, before we got there, I noticed this fuckin' huge ass black and green spotted spider sitting there. I don't like spiders, so I'm thinkin' I'll kill it.

Anyway, I go to look for some bug spray, and all I can find is this fuckin' wasp killer stuff. You know, the kind that doesn't actually spray, but shoots that stream? Oh well, I figured it'd be good enough.

So we go back out and we don't see the spider. I was kinda concerned cause it was going to get cold and I figured someone would come out to get the firewood and I didn't know what kind of spider it was or anything, didn't want them to get bit while I was gone and I couldn't at least warn them there was a spider there first.

Anyway, I turned to go put the shit up and leave a note or something when I see something out of the corner of my eye. I turn to my right quickly and squirt the wasp spray and nail that fuckin' spider out of the air. That motherfucker was trying to ambush me! I grabbed a piece of firewood and smashed the bitch with it.

It was a pretty freaky experience having some spider jump at you; I always figure video games saved my life by improving my hand-eye coordination.

Cathedral
02-28-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug
idnt you hear a spider killed Cat? Now you know......

No, i didn't...

Cathedral
02-28-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Man, a couple of years back a friend and I were going to go out to get some lunch, and to get to his car we had to walk past our stack of firewood.

Well, before we got there, I noticed this fuckin' huge ass black and green spotted spider sitting there. I don't like spiders, so I'm thinkin' I'll kill it.

Anyway, I go to look for some bug spray, and all I can find is this fuckin' wasp killer stuff. You know, the kind that doesn't actually spray, but shoots that stream? Oh well, I figured it'd be good enough.

So we go back out and we don't see the spider. I was kinda concerned cause it was going to get cold and I figured someone would come out to get the firewood and I didn't know what kind of spider it was or anything, didn't want them to get bit while I was gone and I couldn't at least warn them there was a spider there first.

Anyway, I turned to go put the shit up and leave a note or something when I see something out of the corner of my eye. I turn to my right quickly and squirt the wasp spray and nail that fuckin' spider out of the air. That motherfucker was trying to ambush me! I grabbed a piece of firewood and smashed the bitch with it.

It was a pretty freaky experience having some spider jump at you; I always figure video games saved my life by improving my hand-eye coordination.

That is freaky, dude.
When i was a kid my mom made me keep my toy box in the laundry room in the basement. One day i was digging through it and felt a sting on the top of my hand.
I pulled it out and there was a shit load of spiders crawling all over me.
They weren't poisonous but my hand still swelled up like a balloon.
I realized that i was allergic to spide bites.
My daughter is allergic also. when she gets bitten she has a similar reaction.
needles to say i keep the house free from insects since the last time she was bitten it was while she was sleeping. a 2 inch radius around the bite was rock hard and very warm. i rushed her to the Hospital and have been paranoid ever since.

A guy my Dad worked with as a Trucker was sleeping in a Hotel in Arizona and was awoken by a sharp pain in his index finger. there was a spider (species unknown) sitting on his hand about the size of a quarter.
An hour later his hand was amputated because of an infection that started spreading.

I kill spiders on site and haven't seen any in my home since i moved here.
New built homes in a wooded area are notorious for being infested with wolf spiders, which can kill a child if bitten more than once.
But typically spiders don't just bite people for no reason and they do come out at night looking for water, especially in bathrooms.

Heres another interesting spider fact!
Homes that have spider problems never have problems with roaches.

Full Bug
02-29-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love

Thats wild dude, it actually tried to ambush you? Wow.....

Full Bug
02-29-2004, 02:03 PM
You know where I think my fear of spiders came from? I dont remember this because I was so young, but I was told this story, when I was 2-3 my older sister at the time who was 14 came into my room one night and started yelling "Spiders! Spiders! Spiders!" and I freaked right out, my mom ended up grounding her for the week she scared me so bad, makes sense since I dont remember having a scary encounter with a spider, although that could have happened as well, I just know I hate them really bad........
Ever walk face first through a spider web? Thats the worst......