PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to reduce my oil consumption by riding my Harley this summer

Nitro Express
04-28-2005, 11:50 PM
I drive a big gas guzzling SUV in the winter but I live where there's lots of snow and on some days, I can't get out of my driveway without big ass tires and four wheel drive.

In the summer when the weather is nice, I ride my Herritage Springer. I figure on the highway it gets around 50-60 miles per gallon. I would rather ride the motorcycle than have a convertible car.

I think motorcycles make a lot of sense. They burn less fuel, they take up less room to park, and they take up less room on the road. You can't beat the performance you get from a motorcycle. You can go 0-60 in 3 seconds on something that costs $10,000. Try that with a $10,000 car.

Who says energy conservation can't be fun. Blasting down the road on two wheels is a hell of a lot funner than in some heavy, poor handling, SUV.

FORD
04-29-2005, 04:27 AM
Sometimes I wish I had a Hog. But motorcycles and me haven't gotten along in the past, and I'm not gonna put that kind of money into something just to wreck it :(

Seshmeister
04-29-2005, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I drive a big gas guzzling SUV in the winter but I live where there's lots of snow and on some days, I can't get out of my driveway without big ass tires and four wheel drive.

In the summer when the weather is nice, I ride my Herritage Springer. I figure on the highway it gets around 50-60 miles per gallon. I would rather ride the motorcycle than have a convertible car.

I think motorcycles make a lot of sense. They burn less fuel, they take up less room to park, and they take up less room on the road. You can't beat the performance you get from a motorcycle. You can go 0-60 in 3 seconds on something that costs $10,000. Try that with a $10,000 car.

Who says energy conservation can't be fun. Blasting down the road on two wheels is a hell of a lot funner than in some heavy, poor handling, SUV.

http://www.organdonor.gov/images/newcard.jpg

http://www.organdonor.gov/images/newcard.jpg

Make Your Wish to be an Organ Donor Known

Declare your wish on your driver's license.
Join the donor registry if your state has one.
Include donation in your advance directives, will, and living will.
Tell your family. They can be your advocate should you become a donor candidate.
Tell your physician, faith leader, and friends.
Complete a donor card and carry it in your wallet.

ELVIS
04-29-2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Sometimes I wish I had a Hog. But motorcycles and me haven't gotten along in the past, and I'm not gonna put that kind of money into something just to wreck it :(

Pessimist...;)

Nickdfresh
04-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

Make Your Wish to be an Organ Donor Known

Declare your wish on your driver's license.
Join the donor registry if your state has one.
Include donation in your advance directives, will, and living will.
Tell your family. They can be your advocate should you become a donor candidate.
Tell your physician, faith leader, and friends.
Complete a donor card and carry it in your wallet.
[/B]

Like FORD, I have a genetic predisposition to motorcycle totaling. Both my brothers had serious accidents on their bikes.

One was just dum for hotdogging it on gravel when he wasn't paying attention, the other was forced off the road by a sleepy trucker and missed the guard rail by inches.

Fortunately, neither was in a position to donated any organs.:)

Nitro Express
04-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Yeah, maybe that's why everyone likes big SUV's people drive like shit these days.

Nitro Express
04-29-2005, 01:23 PM
I just figure if I die, then I miss the endless political and religiouse fighting that goes on down here. Gee, what am I going to miss? Global warming, the Bush conspiracy taking over the world, economic colapse, the next ice age, sunamis, super volcanic explosions, astroid impacts, terrorism, and high gas prices.

Maybe I should just save time and drive my motorcycle head on into a big 18 wheeler. Geeze. LOL!