PDA

View Full Version : Ladies: Has anyone ever dated a narcissist?

LadyTudor2711
04-29-2005, 09:51 PM
Hello there Ladies:

Has anyone ever dated a male narcissist?

Looking for ideas for my new column.

I would welcome all your stories and experiences with narcissistic personality disorders.

Feel free to IM/e-mail me if you wish to keep it between us.

Best,

LT :)

academic punk
04-29-2005, 09:58 PM
A completely irrelevant question.

Let's instead talk about ME...

superdave
04-29-2005, 10:01 PM
how bout the fact that Thorman and 3 Lock Rock are exchanging bodily fluids? both of them are in love with each other and themselves--does that count???

LadyTudor2711
04-29-2005, 10:04 PM
Hey,

All right, let's talk about you for or a while.. What do you think about my question?

LT
Originally posted by academic punk
A completely irrelevant question.

Let's instead talk about ME...

academic punk
04-29-2005, 10:17 PM
I'd be interested in hearing more about this column and about the responses....

What else? mmmmmm....One persons narcissist is another persons motivated, interesting individual.

For me (as a man), it's weird. If you come across as humble or shy these days, you're not providing the bigger, better deal that women want from men in the courting arena. (and vice versa. but then again, all you have to do is be available and a guy is interested). You DO have to seel yourself, and it's a constant review. And the ultimate aphrodisiac IS money and power, right? So if you're projecting those things (in this case, power and dominance), I GUARANTEE some woman will be flinging herself in no time.

Now, if you've been with the guy for a while, and you can see all the masks are off, and he IS a self-important prick, well....mmmm....I guess ultimately it's a matter of taste. If it's somehting that's unabidable, then end the relationship, and that's that. And maybe that will be ultimately beneficial for him and teach him to care about someone other than himself for a change. Or maybe even a simple warning, and see if he changes (Like Saddam in South Park, yo) his ways, and improves. But if you find something appealing about the guy despite - or BECAUSE - of that, then...you know...more power to ya.

I've known plenty of folks who like to get their others expensive gifts and whatnot, just so they can say, "see that? I BOUGHT that." In other words, the gift was hardly for the recipient. It was so the provider could gloat about the size of his wallet. But on the plus side, maybe you now have a new diamond-encrusted pair of leather pants, so everybody wins anyway.

You might want to post the question on CL too...I think you'll find more women thereabouts who will be excited to answer such a question. And maybe PM some of the Army's women directly with the question couldn't hurt...

Hardrock69
04-29-2005, 10:18 PM
Have ya ever seen the original version of the film Bedazzled?

Short order cook (Dudley Moore) hooks up with Satan, and in the original version, Satan had a club called The Inferno, where he had all 7 of the Deadly Sins working for him (including Raquel Welch as lust **DROOOOL** :eek:

Anyway, this guy named Vanity walked around with this mirror strapped to his chest so he could admire himself 24/7.

Ooops...gotta go....SEVERE thunderstorm just blew up around my house....gotta powere down....

**KEPTIN!!! I DINNA THINK SHE KIN TAKE MUCH MORRR O' THIS!!!!***

Stillwell
04-29-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by LadyTudor2711
Ladies: Has anyone ever dated a narcissist?

I don't believe anyone from this site has dated me.

academic punk
04-29-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

Ooops...gotta go....SEVERE thunderstorm just blew up around my house....gotta powere down....

Typical narcissist.

Cares more about his house and home than finishing his response.

MAX
04-29-2005, 10:26 PM
What's wrong with being a bit narcissistic? :)

academic punk
04-29-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by MAX

A "bit"???!? YOU???!?

Holy shit, fuckin' Donald Trump's self-importance is like a mosquito fart in the midst of a typhoon compared to yours!!!!!

LadyTudor2711
04-29-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by MAX

Nothing is wrong with it, I am just asking for feedback..

Best,
LT

Chester
04-29-2005, 10:33 PM
A "bit"???!? YOU???!?

Holy shit, fuckin' Donald Trump's self-importance is like a mosquito fart in the midst of a typhoon compared to yours!!!!!

A/P -

I've warned you. Don't speak to my MAX like that. I won't ask again.

academic punk
04-29-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Chester
A/P -

I've warned you. Don't speak to my MAX like that. I won't ask again.

Oh, fuck you and MAX both.

What are you going to do about it, huh? You're a fucking GOAT, for God's sake.

LadyTudor2711
04-29-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Have ya ever seen the original version of the film Bedazzled?

Short order cook (Dudley Moore) hooks up with Satan, and in the original version, Satan had a club called The Inferno, where he had all 7 of the Deadly Sins working for him (including Raquel Welch as lust **DROOOOL** :eek:

Anyway, this guy named Vanity walked around with this mirror strapped to his chest so he could admire himself 24/7.

**KEPTIN!!! I DINNA THINK SHE KIN TAKE MUCH MORRR O' THIS!!!!***

Yes, and I just adored Dudley Moore and Eleanor Bron. It was a great Brit flick. The remake. I still like Liz Hurley, she is a real beauty.

Best,
LT

LadyTudor2711
04-30-2005, 12:01 AM
Good evening Ladies,

I would like your input on this, please ..

Best,

LT

Dan
04-30-2005, 12:28 AM
This thread is Gay.lol

Roguesgirl
04-30-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by MAX

Hey Narcissus!

Oooops...I mean....Maximus. :D

MAX
04-30-2005, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Roguesgirl
Hey Narcissus!

Oooops...I mean....Maximus. :D

LOL @ Narcissus.

Hello there. :)

Cranky t'day sis? :eek:

MAX
04-30-2005, 01:04 AM
Hello there Ladies:

I would welcome all your stories and experiences with narcissistic personality disorders.

LT,

You should interview Jesterstar. "He" has a narcissistic personality disorder and I also believe he dates himself.

Roguesgirl
04-30-2005, 01:05 AM
maybe a little....

Northern Girl
04-30-2005, 01:11 AM
Good evening Ladies,

I would like your input on this, please ..

Best,

LT

Sorry, I can't help you out, LT. A narcisist would NEVER date ME!! LOL.

stilleddiesangel
04-30-2005, 06:35 AM
I've dated a few 'me, me, me and then again me' guys. And after they've ripped your guts out you get the not-taking-responsibility apology, "sorry you feel that way" rather than the "Sorry I've been such a tosser and not given your feelings a moments thought"

Is that what your looking for???

LadyTudor2711
04-30-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
Sorry, I can't help you out, LT. A narcisist would NEVER date ME!! LOL.

Hey Northern Girl:

Good for you, I have, but not for long. Once I realized, I moved on.

Best,
LT

academic punk
04-30-2005, 03:20 PM
Then again, Northern Girl, maybe you DID date a narcissus, but were too busy staring at your own reflection to notice...

Hardrock69
04-30-2005, 07:48 PM
LMAO!!!
:D

My I look handsome don't I....

ashstralia
05-01-2005, 05:27 AM
i'd guess that mezro is the
most prominent egotist around here,
and he probably will proudly agree with me.:cool:

MAX
05-01-2005, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by ashstralia

That's a negative my EGO is paramount to this place and beyond epic. My mirrors love me.

ashstralia
05-01-2005, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by MAX
That's a negative my EGO is paramount to this place and beyond epic. My mirrors love me.

yeah, but you're not human.
you're a GOD!!!:p

MAX
05-01-2005, 06:01 AM
yeah, but you're not human.
you're a GOD!!!:p

God of the orange peels with nekkid women in a shower. LOL!!!

G'Day Ash!!!

How are you mate?

ashstralia
05-01-2005, 06:09 AM
great, thanks maximus.
i trust you are too, my stellar
stateside bro!

MAX
05-01-2005, 06:14 AM
Thank you my stellar mate from Oz. Maximus is indeed most stellar.

Frothies on me!!!

:gulp:

Susie Q
05-01-2005, 10:24 AM
I dated a guy once that looked like Jon Bon Jovi. He was more into flipping his hair and looking at himself in the mirror than paying attention to anything around him. He lasted only a few days.

Northern Girl
05-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Then again, Northern Girl, maybe you DID date a narcissus, but were too busy staring at your own reflection to notice...

LOL. No way, not me! :D

Northern Girl
05-01-2005, 07:53 PM
i'd guess that mezro is the most prominent egotist around here

But I bet he looks good! :cool:

Mezro
05-01-2005, 08:02 PM

Ego=confidence.

Mezro...I wear my confidence like a badge of butter...drip, drip, drop...my ego won't stop...

Nickdfresh
05-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Yes, my ex-girlfriend did.:)

MAX
05-01-2005, 09:29 PM
The wimmin' and the mirror don't call me Maximus Hottimus Meridius for nothing.

Don't you trust me?

- Me Wise Maximus

blonddgirl777
05-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Hi L.T.,

I am a narcissist married to one (Dr. Rythm).
I think that it takes one, to undrestand and appreciate another...

We do not verbally compliment each other on our looks but the way we look at each other, the way we still have passionnate sex (after 14 years) sais it all for us.

We do not verbally congratulate on our accomplisments but we know that deep inside, the appreciation is there.

It's all in the body language.

Sometimes, couples or old friends can really know what the other is up to just at a glance.

I am proud of who I am (re: previous pics. postings of myself) and I don't think that there is anything wrong with that.

In this day and age, it seams like "accepting yourself" for what you are is strange.
Look at all these shows about make overs, loosing weight, changing your wardrobe etc...
One who loves him/herself must be a complete narcissist!

So I would say that our society needs a little narcissism!!!?????

Well I guess you can call me a narcissist but as long as my husband, my family and friends like me anyway, it's all fine by me.

Because despite of that, I am far from being self centered. I do care for others and can give a lot of myself to my loved ones...

:cool:

LadyTudor2711
05-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
Hi L.T.,

I am a narcissist married to one (Dr. Rythm).
I think that it takes one, to undrestand and appreciate another...

We do not verbally compliment each other on our looks but the way we look at each other, the way we still have passionnate sex (after 14 years) sais it all for us.

We do not verbally congratulate on our accomplisments but we know that deep inside, the appreciation is there.

It's all in the body language.

Sometimes, couples or old friends can really know what the other is up to just at a glance.

I am proud of who I am (re: previous pics. postings of myself) and I don't think that there is anything wrong with that.

In this day and age, it seams like "accepting yourself" for what you are is strange.
Look at all these shows about make overs, loosing weight, changing your wardrobe etc...
One who loves him/herself must be a complete narcissist!

So I would say that our society needs a little narcissism!!!?????

Well I guess you can call me a narcissist but as long as my husband, my family and friends like me anyway, it's all fine by me.

Because despite of that, I am far from being self centered. I do care for others and can give a lot of myself to my loved ones...

Thank you for your input.

Best, LT

LadyTudor2711
05-02-2005, 07:18 PM
Dear Blondgirl777:

I think the world needs all kinds of people and personalities, these facets of character are what make us unique human beings. I do think that when someone has the foresight to admit or acknowledge their narcissism, that is a positive and powerful thing.

When people refuse to think they are or that it is a huge character flaw to be a narcissist; that annoys me.

I am working on a column for a magazine, my friend works there and I was asked to participate. Great for the ego.

I am a bit narcisstic myself. I usually always catch a glimpse of myself in any refection possible. Insane about my skin and hair. I take good care of myself and make every effort to set about a positive but powerful image of a woman. (operative pronoun "I") lol...

The other wonderful dynamic thing about being a narcissist is that you can still care for people, I have loved some men very deeply, you but become very choosy and particular about those with whom you co-exist or interact.

The one downside to narcissism, is that sometimes the right people can get pushed aside and that is needlessly hurtful. All narcissists love to talk; especially males. So communication is usually pretty straight forward, it is all about me. You are never really in the dark.

I despise rejection of any kind and rarely take no for an answer, unless it is for the best. Another plus to having a narcissitic personality or tendencies that I also have great intuition. The radar is up and I can read people.

Appreciate your honesty and, remember " I like you just the way you are..."

Best,

LT

LadyTudor2711
05-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Susie Q
I dated a guy once that looked like Jon Bon Jovi. He was more into flipping his hair and looking at himself in the mirror than paying attention to anything around him. He lasted only a few days.

Dear Susie,

No one can blame you for dumping that, good for you..

LT

LadyTudor2711
05-03-2005, 10:02 PM
"I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee, like spun liquid sugar...

"I bet you think this post is about, don't you? lol.

Best,
LT

MAX
05-03-2005, 10:41 PM
"I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee

What's that? I've never heard it before. :confused:

Northern Girl
05-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Sounds like "You're So Vain."

MAX
05-04-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
Sounds like "You're So Vain."

I've never heard of that song? :D

Roguesgirl
05-04-2005, 01:34 AM
LT and BG, are the two of you saying that you have "high self esteem" or are you narcisstic? from what I understand, there's a difference.

When you get up into the more severe levels of narcissm then you have got some pretty serious issues.

Or a ton of heartache if you are involved with one.

Snow Ho
05-05-2005, 02:09 PM
never dated a narcissist...

Diagnostic Criteria (DSM-IV-TR)
A narcissistic personality disorder as defined by the DSM (see DSM cautionary statement) is characterized by an all-pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration or adulation and lack of empathy, usually beginning by early adulthood and present in various contexts. Five (or more) of the following criteria are considered necessary for the clinical diagnosis to be met:

Feels grandiose and self-important (e.g., exaggerates accomplishments, talents, skills, contacts, and personality traits to the point of lying, demands to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements);
Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, fearsome power or omnipotence, unequalled brilliance (the cerebral narcissist), bodily beauty or sexual performance (the somatic narcissist), or ideal, everlasting, all-conquering love or passion;
Firmly convinced that they are unique and, being special, can only be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate with, other special or unique, or high-status people (or institutions);
Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation — or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious (narcissistic supply);
Feels entitled. Demands automatic and full compliance with their unreasonable expectations for special and favorable priority treatment.
Is "interpersonally exploitative", i.e., uses others to achieve their own ends;
Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with, acknowledge, or accept the feelings, needs, preferences, priorities, and choices of others;
Constantly envious of others and seeks to hurt or destroy the objects of their frustration. Suffers from persecutory (paranoid) delusions stemming from a belief that others are envious of them and are likely to act similarly;
Behaves arrogantly and haughtily. Feels superior, omnipotent, omniscient, invincible, immune, "above the law", and omnipresent (magical thinking). Rages when frustrated, contradicted, or confronted by people they consider inferior to themselves and unworthy.

LadyTudor2711
05-05-2005, 06:10 PM
LT and BG, are the two of you saying that you have "high self esteem" or are you narcisstic? from what I understand, there's a difference.

When you get up into the more severe levels of narcissm then you have got some pretty serious issues.

RG:

I do have "high self-esteem", however: that does not make me or anyone a narcissist. There are so many components to it, but a very fascinating subject.

I totally agree with you, a ton of heartache is on the way when you are no longer of any use to one. I guess I am just vain, which I can admit.

That pain in your heart takes a while to go away.

My friend has this article, I will ask her to send it to me, very insightful. I will post it.

Best,

LT

Angel
05-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Hello there Ladies:

Looking for ideas for my new column.

Feel free to IM/e-mail me if you wish to keep it between us.

Best,

LT :)

Never dated one, but I did raise one. My kid is probably the most narcisstic male on the planet!

Roguesgirl
05-05-2005, 06:32 PM
RG:

I do have "high self-esteem", however: that does not make me or anyone a narcissist. There are so many components to it, but a very fascinating subject.

I totally agree with you, a ton of heartache is on the way when you are no longer of any use to one. I guess I am just vain, which I can admit.

That pain in your heart takes a while to go away.

My friend has this article, I will ask her to send it to me, very insightful. I will post it.

Best,

LT

I would imagine it would be very difficult for a narcissist to be in a relationship since it is so very difficult for them to relate to other people. I think they would have to hook up with someone who was fairly unhealthy the other way. Someone who enjoyed being treated as if they were worthless. Someone who got off on being verbally abused. That is generally the way narciisst treat other people. The only time they are decent to other people is if they are using them for some sort of gain or status. And as soon as they don't need them anymore...watchout.

Otherwise they rarely bother with relationships at all unless they want an ass kisser.

blonddgirl777
05-06-2005, 05:51 PM

Yes,

I think that "high self esteem" is a good term.

Let's say I do, look in the mirror but I don't carry one around my neck...

LadyTudor2711
05-06-2005, 07:16 PM
I would imagine it would be very difficult for a narcissist to be in a relationship since it is so very difficult for them to relate to other people. I think they would have to hook up with someone who was fairly unhealthy the other way. Someone who enjoyed being treated as if they were worthless. Someone who got off on being verbally abused. That is generally the way narciisst treat other people. The only time they are decent to other people is if they are using them for some sort of gain or status. And as soon as they don't need them anymore...watchout.

Otherwise they rarely bother with relationships at all unless they want an ass kisser.

RG,

Here is that article, I hope I this works.

The narcissist can get better, but rarely does he get well ("heal"). The reason is the narcissist's enormous life-long, irreplaceable and indispensable emotional investment in his disorder. It serves two critical functions, which together maintain the precariously balanced house of cards called the narcissist's personality. His disorder endows the narcissist with a sense of uniqueness, of "being special" - and it provides him with a rational explanation of his behavior (an "alibi").

Most narcissists reject the notion or diagnosis that they are mentally disturbed. Absent powers of introspection and a total lack of self-awareness are part and parcel of the disorder. Pathological narcissism is founded on alloplastic defences - the firm conviction that the world or others are to blame for one's behavior. The narcissist firmly believes that people around him should be held responsible for his reactions or have triggered them. With such a state of mind so firmly entrenched, the narcissist is incapable of admitting that something is wrong with HIM.

But that is not to say that the narcissist does not experience his disorder. He does. But he re-interprets this experience. He regards his dysfunctional behaviors - social, sexual, emotional, mental - as conclusive and irrefutable proof of his superiority, brilliance, distinction, prowess, might, or success. Rudeness to others is reinterpreted as efficiency. Abusive behaviors are cast as educational. Sexual absence as proof of preoccupation with higher functions. His rage is always just and a reaction to injustice or being misunderstood by intellectual dwarves.

Thus, paradoxically, the disorder becomes an integral and inseparable part of the narcissist's inflated self-esteem and vacuous grandiose fantasies. His False Self (the pivot of his pathological narcissism) is a self-reinforcing mechanism. The narcissist thinks that he is unique BECAUSE he has a False Self. His False Self IS the centre of his "specialness". Any therapeutic "attack" on the integrity and functioning of the False Self constitutes a threat to the narcissist's ability to regulate his wildly fluctuating sense of self-worth and an effort to "reduce" him to other people's mundane and mediocre existence.

The few narcissists that are willing to admit that something is terribly wrong with them, displace their alloplastic defences. Instead of blaming the world, other people, or circumstances beyond their control - they now blame their "disease". Their disorder become a catch-all, universal explanation for everything that is wrong in their lives and every derided, indefensible and inexcusable behavior. Their narcissism becomes a "licence to kill", a liberating force which sets them outside human rules and codes of conduct. Such freedom is so intoxicating and empowering that it is difficult to give up.

The narcissist is emotionally attached to only one thing: his disorder. The narcissist loves his disorder, desires it passionately, cultivates it tenderly, is proud of its "achievements" (and in my case, makes a living off it). His emotions are misdirected. Where normal people love others and empathize with them, the narcissist loves his False Self and identifies with it to the exclusion of all else - his True Self included.

More about this topic here:

http://www.narcissistic-abuse.com/

http://www.healthyplace.com/communities/personality_disorders/narcissism/

http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/npd

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/narcissisticabuse/

http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/verbal_emotional_abuse

http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/spousal_domestic_abuse

My most recent article(s) that
you might also find interesting: The Prodigy as Narcissistic Injury
Inner Dialog, Cognitive Deficits, and Introjects in Narcissism

Roguesgirl
05-06-2005, 08:56 PM
I studied all kinds of abnormal psych. in college and this particular disorder stands out as being one of the most interesting

Sounds like some people on this board for sure. :D

Roguesgirl
05-06-2005, 08:57 PM
thanks for those links, LT

Fabulous Shadow
05-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Can a woman be a narcissist?

LadyTudor2711
05-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
Can a woman be a narcissist?

FS:

Yes, women can be. Absolutely, but to a different degree.

Best,

LT

LadyTudor2711
05-06-2005, 11:10 PM
thanks for those links, LT

RG,

You are welcome...

LT

LadyTudor2711
05-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Here is another interesting article, jekyll & Hyde comes to life.

Best,

LT
Narcissistic Personality Disorder - Dr. Jackal and Mr. Hide
Home > Applied sciences > Medicine and health > Diseases

Author: Sam Vaknin

Narcissists are either cerebral or somatic. In other words, they either generate their narcissistic supply by applying their bodies or by applying their minds.
The somatic narcissist flaunts his sexual conquests, parades his possessions, exhibits his muscles, brags about his physical aesthetics or sexual prowess or exploits, is often a health freak and a hypochondriac. The cerebral narcissist is a know-it-all, haughty and intelligent "computer". He uses his awesome intellect, or knowledge (real or pretended) to secure adoration, adulation and admiration. To him, his body and its maintenance are a burden and a distraction.

Both types are auto-erotic (psychosexually in love with themselves, with their bodies and with their brain). Both types prefer masturbation to adult, mature, interactive, multi-dimensional and emotion-laden sex.

The cer! ebral narcissist is often celibate (even when he has a girlfriend or a spouse). He prefers pornography and sexual auto-stimulation to the real thing. The cerebral narcissist is sometimes a latent (hidden, not yet outed) homosexual.

The somatic narcissist uses other people's bodies to masturbate. Sex with him - pyrotechnics and acrobatics aside - is likely to be an impersonal and emotionally alienating and draining experience. The partner is often treated as an object, an extension of the somatic narcissist, a toy, a warm and pulsating vibrator.

It is a mistake to assume type-constancy. In other words, all narcissists are BOTH cerebral and somatic. In each narcissist, one of the types is dominant. So, the narcissist is either OVERWHELMINGLY cerebral - or DOMINANTLY somatic. But the other type, the recessive (manifested less frequently) type, is there. It is lurking, waiting to erupt. The narcissist swings between his dominant type and his recessive type. The latter is ex! pressed mainly as a result of a major narcissistic injury or life cris is.

I can give you hundreds of examples from my correspondence but, instead, let's talk about me (of course...:o))

I am a cerebral narcissist. I brandish my brainpower, exhibit my intellectual achievements, bask in the attention given to my mind and its products. I hate my body and neglect it. It is a nuisance, a burden, a derided appendix, an inconvenience, a punishment. Needless to add that I rarely have sex (often years apart). I masturbate regularly, very mechanically, as one would change water in an aquarium. I stay away from women because I perceive them to be ruthless predators who are out to consume me and mine.

I have had quite a few major life crises. I got divorced, lost millions a few times, did time in one of the worst prisons in the world, fled countries as a political refugee, was threatened, harassed and stalked by powerful people and groups. I have been devalued, betrayed, denigrated and insulted.

Invariably, following every life crisis, the somatic! narcissist in me took over. I became a lascivious lecher. When this happened, I had a few relationships - replete with abundant and addictive sex - going simultaneously. I participated in and initiated group sex and mass orgies. I exercised, lost weight and honed my body into an irresistible proposition.

This outburst of unrestrained, primordial lust waned in a few months and I settled back into my cerebral ways. No sex, no women, no body.

These total reversals of character stun my mates. My girlfriends and spouse found it impossible to digest this eerie transformation from the gregarious, darkly handsome, well-built and sexually insatiable person that swept them off their feet - to the bodiless, bookwormish hermit with not an inkling of interest in either sex or other carnal pleasures.

I miss my somatic half. I wish I could find a balance, but I know it is a doomed quest. This sexual beast of mine will forever be trapped in the intellectual cage that is I, Sam V! aknin, the Brain.

More about this topic here:

http://www.narcissistic-abuse.com

http://www.healthyplace.com/communities/...

http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/npd

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/narcissist...

http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/verb...

http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/spou...

My most recent article(s) that
you might also find interesting: The Prodigy as Narcissistic Injury
Inner Dialog, Cognitive Deficits, and Introjects in Narcissism
The Narcissism of Differences Big and Small