PDA

View Full Version : Justin Hawkins to do solo album

Shaun Ponsonby
05-01-2005, 06:19 AM
THE DARKNESS frontman Justin Hawkins is set to release a solo album before the end of 2005, according to Xfm Online. Expected to be released two months after the new THE DARKNESS LP, the album, entitled "British Whale", is reported to be "less rock" than the band's previous output.

"It's a lot less rock than the band stuff," Hawkins told The Sun. "There's a lot more synths. I suppose you could call it luxurious rock.

"I'd written most of it in demo form before THE DARKNESS took off but I've only finished it properly recently. Anything I write with [brother and guitarist] Dan goes to the band but I've held on to my solo stuff.

"I guess Dan will have to be the guitarist. He likes the stuff. But it will be completely different from what people would expect."

As for THE DARKNESS' second album, the band are close to completing the record with legendary QUEEN producer Roy Thomas Baker. Hawkins said: "At the moment the rest of the band are on the instrumentals. Then I go back into the studio to finish the lead vocals. We've spent three months arguing about the name without getting anywhere. We're still rowing about it."

For exclusive pictures of THE DARKNESS in the studio, check out www.thedarknessrock.com.

Panamark
05-01-2005, 06:48 AM
Seems kinda early to be releasing a solo effort ?

Shaun Ponsonby
05-01-2005, 06:56 AM
Yea, I was thinking that.

Soul Reaper
05-01-2005, 10:31 AM
i don't expect much from this, even though i like The Darkness

Stillwell
05-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Can't wait to hear it.

academic punk
05-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Touching yooooooooouuuuu!!!!

Touching meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Touching yoooooooooouuuu!!!!

Oh, God, you're touching meeeeeeeee!!!!!

DrMaddVibe
05-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Panamark

And I like them too! One of the few bands that are around today that I can actually listen to. Their AC/DC infused with Queen with a sprinkle of CVH is a welcome breather from all of the rap bullshit, angry white-boy music(Slipknot, Korn...etc) and lame-o girls screeching.

I really had hopes of hearing more from them, but now this? Trouble in Paradise if'n ya ask me!

LSD!

Soul Reaper
05-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
And I like them too! One of the few bands that are around today that I can actually listen to. Their AC/DC infused with Queen with a sprinkle of CVH is a welcome breather from all of the rap bullshit, angry white-boy music(Slipknot, Korn...etc) and lame-o girls screeching.

you speak the truth and nothing but the truth.

no 'popular music' fan realise that though

Mr Badguy
05-01-2005, 05:35 PM
You`re all on acid, if you ask me.

Bill Lumbergh
05-01-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Panamark

No shit, huh? In England these guys can release a record of them jizzing onto the producers head and sell tons of copies, so I guess Justin's just cashing in now.

rustoffa
05-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
No shit, huh? In England these guys can release a record of them jizzing onto the producers head and sell tons of copies, so I guess Justin's just cashing in now.

:D