PDA

View Full Version : Israeli spy master: 'Syrian president could be toppled'

lucky wilbury
05-01-2005, 12:57 PM
http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?edition_id=10&categ_id=2&article_id=14714

Israeli spy master: 'Syrian president could be toppled'

By Agence France Presse (AFP)

Saturday, April 30, 2005

JERUSALEM: Syrian President Bashar Assad could be ousted from power as his regime fractures under immense political pressure, the head of Israeli military intelligence said in an interview published Friday.

"His regime's stability is in great danger today, more than in the past. The economic problems will get worse" following Syria's troop pullout from Lebanon completed this week, Aharon Zeevi said in the newspaper Yediot Aharonot.

"He has problems with the Americans because of terrorists infiltrating from Syria into Iraq, water problems with Turkey, and an argument over territory that he should have transferred to Jordan. He is seen as a weak leader. I'm not sure that Bashar has the strength or talent to make a decision. ... If he does not show leadership, Bashar could certainly become a victim of circumstances," Zeevi said.

Israel is still technically at war with Syria and still occupies the Golan Heights, a territory seized from Syria during the 1967 war.

"People are already saying that perhaps Bashar is not supplying the goods, that perhaps he should be replaced," Zeevi said, warning that Osama bin Laden's Al-Qaeda network "does not intend to sit by and do nothing" as Syria fractures.

General Asaf Shaukat, head of intelligence and Assad's brother-in-law, and the president's brother, Maher Assad, as possible leadership contenders.

On the home front, Zeevi said Israeli intelligence services had thwarted "more than 10 terror attacks against Israeli targets abroad" in the past month, without giving further details.

In the last attack, 34 people, including 13 Israelis, were killed in October when militants carried out bomb attacks in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, popular with Israeli holiday makers. - AFP

FORD
05-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Agent Z? Where the Hell have you been?

Three Lock Rock
05-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Maybe we can send the blue angels over and they can listen too Dreams while they bomb the shit out of the iraqi terrarist faggits!

Redballjets88
05-01-2005, 02:38 PM
they dont fly bombers

Three Lock Rock
05-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
they dont fly bombers

what are u an expert on the blue angels or something now?

three lock rock (do rothards think they know everything!)

Redballjets88
05-01-2005, 02:45 PM
no i just know about things and that you dont use bombers as stunt planes u use fighter jets

redballjets (making you look like a monkey 24/7 365)

lucky wilbury
05-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Agent Z? Where the Hell have you been?

off taking care of buisness. i'm back around only for a little bit

Nickdfresh
05-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
off taking care of buisness. i'm back around only for a little bit

Welcome back for a short bit Agent Z! How the hell are ya?'

lucky wilbury
05-01-2005, 04:16 PM
fine. hows everything with you? how things around here? the board seems like its gone to the trolls since last dec. and when i mean i back for a bit i mean i could be here just for today or tom, the next week or only the next few hours i have no clue. i only signed on to post some crap. hell i'm not even supposed to be here now but i am and it's boring aorund here in mass and i need to pass the time.

Nickdfresh
05-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
fine. hows everything with you? how things around here? the board seems like its gone to the trolls since last dec. and when i mean i back for a bit i mean i could be here just for today or tom, the next week of only the next few hours i have no clue. i only signed on to post some crap. hell i'm not even supposed to be here now but i am and it's boring aorund here and i need to pass the time.

:( It has. This is a fairly recent phenomena though. I think it has something to do with the JoeRogan board and some stupid trolling contest! (i.e. Jesterstar is a prime example)