PDA

View Full Version : Any INXS fans in the house?

Rikk
05-02-2005, 02:07 AM
Any fellow INXS fans about? I really liked these guys when they were big and beyond. They aren't one of my favorite bands or anything, but they were great. And they did pop music in a cool way that VAN HAGAR couldn't do if they tried. I remember KICK being just about the biggest thing in the world when it came out, but they had good later albums too (WELCOME TO WHEREVER YOU ARE) and earlier ones (LISTEN LIKE THIEVES, THE SWING).

http://www.inxs.com/history/img/facts_1.jpg

DLRDUDE
05-02-2005, 03:04 AM
Give it what ya give give it what ya give...all I remember Bro:D

Roguesgirl
05-02-2005, 03:08 AM
I loved INXS.

"The One Thing" was my favorite tune, but they had so many.

They put on a great show back in the day. Hutchence just sucked you in.

Tragic. :(

Rikk
05-02-2005, 03:31 AM
Yeah. What a stupid fucking thing to do. MARK told me that Hutchence's death was apparently an accident with masturbation and sexual asphyxiation. It almost makes sense, because the guy didn't really seem to have any reason to kill himself.

Panamark
05-02-2005, 03:39 AM
The Farris Brothers are excellent songwriters. And Michael was the frontman to deliver the goods. Not really my thing (Im a hard rocker)
but these guys were really good at their genre.

I can recognise the brilliance of their work..

Dont Change, Tear us Apart, Original Sin, Burn for you, Just Keep
Walkin, Elegently Wasted

There was a heap of good pop tunes..

Rikk
05-02-2005, 03:42 AM
Don't forget BEAUTIFUL GIRL, one of my favorite tunes they did.

Panamark
05-02-2005, 03:44 AM
Shine like it does !

Rikk
05-02-2005, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Shine like it does !

Yeah, that's a great song. The whole LISTEN LIKE THIEVES album is very solid.:)

Panamark
05-02-2005, 04:33 AM
I notice you are a fan of OzRock Mr Rikk ! :D

NATEDOG001976
05-02-2005, 06:28 AM
I love INXS, I saw them in Minneapolis 3 months before he killed himself in '97. "The One thing" is my favorite, Kick is a great CD, and I also really like "Don't Change" Pick up the Live Baby, Live DVD...it rocks!

Panamark
05-02-2005, 07:32 AM
The One Thing ! Yeah, another goodie..
Crikies they had a lot of hits when you think about it..

Roguesgirl
05-02-2005, 07:58 AM
The One Thing ! Yeah, another goodie..
Crikies they had a lot of hits when you think about it..

a ton.

I didn't realize it until I saw their show...it was one hit after another

I love "Don't Change", "Listen Like Thieves" too.

His voice sounded so hot on "Need You Tonight" it gave me goosebumps.

And that "Suicide Blonde" tune was good. Kinda creepy now though.

I heard that the tune was about the hair color his wife used. It was called "Suicide Blonde"

I always thought their, INXS, name was cool too.

Va Beach VH Fan
05-02-2005, 08:40 AM
My sister actually met them on their first US tour in '83 back in PA...

They were at the dry cleaners across the street from my Dad's business !!!

Thorman
05-02-2005, 08:52 AM
This band rocked and were much more than a "pop" band...If you listen to them live they truly do put do a great rock and roll show...sure, the music is a little lighter then most of you like but in the day they were great...

The Live Baby Live DVD totally showcases what this band could do live....blows many bands away in my opinion....

No Bam required for this point

Roguesgirl
05-02-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Thorman
This band rocked and were much more than a "pop" band...If you listen to them live they truly do put do a great rock and roll show...sure, the music is a little lighter then most of you like but in the day they were great...

The Live Baby Live DVD totally showcases what this band could do live....blows many bands away in my opinion....

No Bam required for this point

Cool to see a non-bam post by Thorman.

I'm going to check out that live DVD because like I said, their show was excellent.

Thorman
05-02-2005, 08:58 AM
It is worth every cent...check out the crowd...unreal

No bam required

FORD
05-02-2005, 10:25 AM
"We Are The Vegetables"

I'll bet Mark's the only one here who knows that song besides me ;)

Rikk
05-02-2005, 11:59 AM
I notice you are a fan of OzRock Mr Rikk ! :D

Yeah, I've always liked a lot of music from Oz. Never liked SILVERCHAIR though...:D

DrMaddVibe
05-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Always found myself foot-tapping to their music. Their 1st album was awesome. Every song a crafted work. "Kick" was the same. "Listen Like Theives" really good as well, the rest have their moments even the lowly seller "Welcome To Wherever You Are".

They could work a crowd. Really a shame about Michael though. How'd ya like to be in housekeeping and walk into that! With all of the girls he could've racked up...choking the chicken with a belt around his neck? That's, that's just "Elegantly Wasted"!

alexpgrimes
05-02-2005, 01:53 PM
I saw them acouple of months before his death.. He was acting strange and climbing things.. Before he walked off stage he said please go out and buy our cd so I don't die a broke junkie. Thought it was funny at the time, but kind weirded me out when I heard that he'd died...

Roguesgirl
05-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by alexpgrimes
I saw them acouple of months before his death.. He was acting strange and climbing things.. Before he walked off stage he said please go out and buy our cd so I don't die a broke junkie. Thought it was funny at the time, but kind weirded me out when I heard that he'd died...

Wow :(

FORD
05-02-2005, 02:29 PM
I've actually heard a rehearsal tape from an Australian TV studio the night before Hutchence died, and he doesn't sound depressed at all to me. Very much the opposite actually. He's all excited about running into Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top and jamming with him at the Viper Room (wish I had a tape of THAT) and obviously looking forward to getting back on the road. This is not the voice of a guy who wanted to kill himself the very next day.

So I believe the tragic auto-asphyxiation theory, though it's hard to imagine Michael Hutchence would have to take care of his own needs in that department.

Maybe there was something really kinky going on there, and whoever was with him panicked and ran when he died, thinking they would be sure to be charged with murder if they reported it?

Who knows? Sad way to go in either case.

Roguesgirl
05-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I've actually heard a rehearsal tape from an Australian TV studio the night before Hutchence died, and he doesn't sound depressed at all to me. Very much the opposite actually. He's all excited about running into Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top and jamming with him at the Viper Room (wish I had a tape of THAT) and obviously looking forward to getting back on the road. This is not the voice of a guy who wanted to kill himself the very next day.

So I believe the tragic auto-asphyxiation theory, though it's hard to imagine Michael Hutchence would have to take care of his own needs in that department.

Maybe there was something really kinky going on there, and whoever was with him panicked and ran when he died, thinking they would be sure to be charged with murder if they reported it?

Who knows? Sad way to go in either case.

Billy Gibbons and Michael Hutchence jamming in the Viper Room would have rocked. :cool:

http://www.discomuseum.com/MichaelHutchenceDM.jpg

Roguesgirl
05-02-2005, 07:59 PM
was out shopping today and picked up the 2 DVD set "I'm only looking" on sale at Strawberries for $15.

I thought that was good deal, it looks like there's some decent stuff on it

anyone have this?

Rikk
05-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Roguesgirl
was out shopping today and picked up the 2 DVD set "I'm only looking" on sale at Strawberries for $15.

I thought that was good deal, it looks like there's some decent stuff on it

anyone have this?

LOL. On my way home, I stopped into BEST BUY and was looking at it. Lemme know how it is. I may pick it up if you like it!:)

LadyTudor2711
05-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Any fellow INXS fans about? I really liked these guys when they were big and beyond. They aren't one of my favorite bands or anything, but they were great. And they did pop music in a cool way that VAN HAGAR couldn't do if they tried. I remember KICK being just about the biggest thing in the world when it came out, but they had good later albums too (WELCOME TO WHEREVER YOU ARE) and earlier ones (LISTEN LIKE THIEVES, THE SWING).

http://www.inxs.com/history/img/facts_1.jpg

Hey there,

Yes, I have one chained to my furnace in the basement. lol.

Best,

LT

Rikk
05-02-2005, 08:11 PM
:D

Roguesgirl
05-03-2005, 12:51 AM
LOL. On my way home, I stopped into BEST BUY and was looking at it. Lemme know how it is. I may pick it up if you like it!:)

I like it.. Still not done watching all of it. The first disc is all videos and commentary from the band. I wish they talked more about Michael. Seemed like they were avoiding doing that. It was cool to see how the band progressed in 15 years. I could tell where Michael started using more heavily.

So far on disc 2 I only watched the live footage. Michael was such an incredible frontman. Just busting with energy. Except for that last tour. I could tell he seemed less lively. But, he was going through a lot of personal shit. There is one performance on there that is incredible, and worth the $15 itself. His voice is better than I have ever heard and it sounds like blues. So much emotion spilling out of him. And the band is just "ON".
Another cool thing was when they took the tune "Don't change" and played it straight through, but showed him singing it through the years live. That kicked ass too. That was a nice little tribute to him, I thought.

I still need to watch the interviews and some other stuff. I just can't sit still that long. :)

Matt White
05-03-2005, 01:02 AM
I was just thinking of buying KICK again recently. I 'll have to pick it up on my way to work tomorrow.

KEWL BAND.

Rikk
05-03-2005, 01:02 AM
I know what you mean. If I'm watching something by myself, I never sit still. If a DVD goes into my home theatre, I watch it in 15 minute spurts. Then I continue marking, go post here, go get a drink, watch some more, etc. LOL.

Man, the song BEAUTIFUL GIRL is so under-rated. Really catchy. I like the video to that. I'll definitely pick this set up. I also gotta get LIVE BABY LIVE. I've heard it's great...and it's right at their peak.

Rikk
05-03-2005, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
I was just thinking of buying KICK again recently. I 'll have to pick it up on my way to work tomorrow.

KEWL BAND.

Great album. WILD LIFE is a great tune. Same with MYSTIFY. DEVIL INSIDE. NEW SENSATION. You can't go wrong with that album (or that band).

Matt White
05-03-2005, 01:06 AM
:D The video for NEW SENSATION made me want a pony tail!:D

CHEESY BASTARD THAT I AM!!!:D

Roguesgirl
05-03-2005, 01:23 AM
One of the shows were they do New Sensation the entire crowd (huge stadium) is bouncing up and down in unison for the entire song. It looks so cool. You can see on the bands face that they are getting a huge charge out of it. :cool:

Roguesgirl
05-03-2005, 01:23 AM
:D The video for NEW SENSATION made me want a pony tail!:D

CHEESY BASTARD THAT I AM!!!:D

your hair is long enough, right? :)

Rikk
05-03-2005, 01:24 AM
Best single from KICK? There's NEED YOU TONIGHT, DEVIL INSIDE, NEW SENSATION, GUNS IN THE SKY and NEVER TEAR US APART.

I gotta say DEVIL INSIDE. Cool fucking song, great guitar riff...

Matt White
05-03-2005, 01:27 AM
your hair is long enough, right? :)

It wasn't then!:D Though I was a skinny bastard back then!

Yeah, now I have aboot a foot long..........ponytail!:eek:

Matt White
05-03-2005, 01:29 AM

I gotta say DEVIL INSIDE. Cool fucking song, great guitar riff...

I was looking for some old Tab I have of that song. A very coverable tune. It would go over like gangbusters in a bar!

Roguesgirl
05-03-2005, 01:34 AM
It wasn't then!:D Though I was a skinny bastard back then!

Yeah, now I have aboot a foot long..........ponytail!:eek:

I forgot how friggin skinny Hutchence was. Wow.

Matt White
05-03-2005, 01:38 AM
Morrison like. I remember readin' how Jim was 5'11" and 145 lbs!!!!

That's what I weighed when I graduated high school....and that is WAY too fucking thin!!!

Rikk
05-03-2005, 01:39 AM
Of course, when Morrison died, he was a little heavier...:D

Matt White
05-03-2005, 01:41 AM
Of course, when Morrison died, he was a little heavier...:D

:D That's why I stay out of bath-tubs now!!!

Roguesgirl
05-03-2005, 01:53 AM
:D That's why I stay out of bath-tubs now!!!

:confused:

I don't get it...

Matt White
05-03-2005, 01:56 AM
:confused:

I don't get it...

:D Because...like JIm....I've added a few pounds over the years!!!

Who wants to die in a bathtub?!?:D

Rikk
05-03-2005, 01:59 AM
You know (and this is some morbid shit), as far as I know, there's no photo of dead Jimi or dead Janis. There is definitely no photo of dead Jim...that's one reason the death conspiracies keep coming up. I still feel horrible for Jim. Dead in a bathtub, 27 years old. Such a talented fucking guy...so much great writing left in him. Complete tragedy...and they're pretty sure it was a heroin overdose and not the alcoholism that everyone assumed (though he was still a major alcoholic).

Roguesgirl
05-03-2005, 02:03 AM
I didn't know he died in a bath tub. I love the Doors music and his lyrics are incredible, but I never read up on him much.

I did know that there was some kind of theory that he was living in France or something.

So, its not like I stay under my rock full time. :D

Roguesgirl
05-03-2005, 02:04 AM
:D Because...like JIm....I've added a few pounds over the years!!!

Who wants to die in a bathtub?!?:D

Better than on a toilet. Was that Elvis?

Matt White
05-03-2005, 02:05 AM
And then there is the Rimbaud theory: That Jim faked his death and simply disapeared to live a normal life!

MR. MOJO RISIN'!

And speaking of disapearing....I'm hittin' the hey!

Night People!!!

Rikk
05-03-2005, 02:06 AM
Yep. ELVIS died on a toilet...pants down to his ankles. That's almost some sad shit.

Hey, I remember that you're a big Jimi fan, right RG?

Rikk
05-03-2005, 02:07 AM
And then there is the Rimbaud theory: That Jim faked his death and simply disapeared to live a normal life!

MR. MOJO RISIN'!

Night People!!!

LMFAO. Jim is deader than Julius Caesar or his common-law wouldn't have lived in mourning for three years before having her own overdose.

G'Night, MATT!:)

Roguesgirl
05-03-2005, 02:13 AM

MR. MOJO RISIN'!

Night People!!!

Good night, Matt. :)

Roguesgirl
05-03-2005, 02:17 AM
Yep. ELVIS died on a toilet...pants down to his ankles. That's almost some sad shit.

Hey, I remember that you're a big Jimi fan, right RG?

Yes, I dig Jimi. :)

never got that new DVD...keep meaning to.

Rikk
05-03-2005, 02:22 AM
Yes, I dig Jimi. :)

never got that new DVD...keep meaning to.

Pick it up so you can tell me if it's good or not!:D

Did you ever pick up the WILD BLUE ANGEL: JIMI AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT DVD? Now that's a fucking stunning DVD with great surround sound and a super-long concert with great filming. One of his last too.

Roguesgirl
05-03-2005, 02:30 AM
I'll check that out too

sounds good

they reopened his investigation about 10 years ago but never found any new evidence, what was that all about?

Rikk
05-03-2005, 02:36 AM
I'll check that out too

sounds good

they reopened his investigation about 10 years ago but never found any new evidence, what was that all about?

They're still not sure it was an accident. It's still pretty clear that it was no suicide. But there are those that doubt the reliability of the testimony of the woman that was with him on the morning he died (Monika Dannemann). She claimed she went out to buy smokes and when she came back, he had puked up a ton of wine and was drowning in it. The morning of, he had drunk a bottle of wine (over a few hours) and taken nine German sleeping pills because he was suffering from insomnia and had to be in court later in the day. The pills are apparently ten times the strength of a typical over-the-counter sleeping pill. And needless to say, they did their job a little too well. Anyway, she died ten years ago...killing herself in her car with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Roguesgirl
05-03-2005, 02:52 AM
So its still ruled as accidental.

Didn't they think that he was still alive when the ambulance came, but that he died on the way too the hospital when he puked again in the ambulance? I thought I heard that. The paramedics might have been at fault for letting him lay on his back on the way to the hospital or something.

Rikk
05-03-2005, 03:05 AM
That's a rumor. They say they brought him in the ambulance and when he put his head forward to puke, they pushed his back back and he inhaled his vomit. Personally, I don't think so. I think he was dead in the apartment. She said he was covered in puke when she came back. And why call an ambulance unless he had probably already stopped breathing? I think he had one massive puke, inhaled some of it, started choking and stopped breathing. The one strange thing is she can't explain why she waited something like half an hour to call the ambulance. She apparently called Eric Burdon of ANIMALS and WAR fame (who let Jimi join WAR on stage two nights earlier on the 16th to play his last gig ever) and said Jimi was sick and Eric yelled at her to call an ambulance, which she eventually did. In the end, regardless of what happened (I really don't believe the theories that his soon-to-be-fired-manager with mob ties had him killed), Jimi died on the morning of September 18, 1970 (almost 35 years ago now) and the world lost one of its greatest musical geniuses. He was just about to complete what I think would have been the equal of ELECTRIC LADYLAND...his new double-album THE FIRST RAYS OF THE NEW RISING SUN. The current posthumous version on CD is very good, but still incomplete and missing the last few songs Jimi intended to record before sequencing and finishing mixing himself. It would have been a funk/rock masterpiece...still great!

Roguesgirl
05-03-2005, 03:26 AM
Thats fucked up that she waited. Was she drugged out too?

I've been pretty fucked up, but I think I would know enough to call for help if someone is not friggin' breathing.

( note to self ~ grab that CD ASAP )

Rikk
05-03-2005, 03:33 AM
Thats fucked up that she waited. Was she drugged out too?

I've been pretty fucked up, but I think I would know enough to call for help if someone is not friggin' breathing.

( note to self ~ grab that CD ASAP )

I don't think she was on drugs. I think she was giving herself time to clean the apartment up of drugs. Apparently, Morrison's live-in did the same thing the morning he died in Paris.

Yes, RG...pick up THE FIRST RAYS OF THE NEW RISING SUN at your earliest convenience! You can get it at BEST BUY or any normal record store. It's fucking great...some of his best guitar work. 17 stellar tracks! Check out IZABELLA, HEY BABY, DRIFTING, ANGEL, IN FROM THE STORM, STRAIGHT AHEAD, EARTH BLUES...man, I gotta go put that album in. It's fucking great!

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002P5R.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Roguesgirl
05-03-2005, 03:35 AM
will do and goodnight, Rikk. :)

Rikk
05-03-2005, 03:37 AM
will do and goodnight, Rikk. :)

G'night, RG!:)

jojo2371
05-03-2005, 09:18 PM
yeah they were a great band and very good live too,i used to sit and try and figure out their songs all the time,the farris brothers wrote some really nice little guitar parts and of course my hard rockin buddies would ride my ass ,but i always stuck to my guns ,you could learn a lot about putting together a decent pop record from those guys !!!!!!

jojo2371
05-03-2005, 09:39 PM
I don't think she was on drugs. I think she was giving herself time to clean the apartment up of drugs. Apparently, Morrison's live-in did the same thing the morning he died in Paris.

Yes, RG...pick up THE FIRST RAYS OF THE NEW RISING SUN at your earliest convenience! You can get it at BEST BUY or any normal record store. It's fucking great...some of his best guitar work. 17 stellar tracks! Check out IZABELLA, HEY BABY, DRIFTING, ANGEL, IN FROM THE STORM, STRAIGHT AHEAD, EARTH BLUES...man, I gotta go put that album in. It's fucking great!

u said it rikk that is the record that was the brain child for all things soul,funk,r+b in the early 70's from funkadelic to earth wind and fire to stevie wonder ! first rays of the new rising sun was the blue print and sadly shows that the best was yet to come ! most kids today think of him as a pop icon of the 60's or wanna shove in your face that yngwie is faster ! they dont realize he was prolly the most creative person to ever play the guitar !!!!!
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002P5R.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

jojo2371
05-03-2005, 09:41 PM
lol i put my comment in with yours ! no charge for mistakes tonite folks ,they are free!!!!!!!

Rikk
05-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Absolutely, JOJO. The man was a genius...not some hippie guitar hero. The funk and soul on FIRST RAYS is much more impressive to me than the feedback on ARE YOUR EXPERIENCED.

Terry
05-03-2005, 09:55 PM
KICK was huge, no doubt.

Kinda ho-hum about that band, though. Always have been. Can't explain it. Liked what they did, will listen to it when it's on the radio, but don't have any of their stuff on any format anymore here at home.

BOMBER
05-04-2005, 01:39 AM
Listen Like Thieves was easily their best album.
Kick was very commercial and made them huge,in a way this was a bad thing because their work after Kick was nowhere near as good as their old stuff.
For all you Hutchene fans,check out the movie Dog's In Space set here in the streets of Melbourne.
Fucking bizzarre flick but if your into Hutchence worth a look.

Panamark
05-04-2005, 01:53 AM
Ive seen that flick. Ive always wondered how close to the truth it was :)

Rikk
05-04-2005, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by BOMBER
Listen Like Thieves was easily their best album.
Kick was very commercial and made them huge,in a way this was a bad thing because their work after Kick was nowhere near as good as their old stuff.
For all you Hutchene fans,check out the movie Dog's In Space set here in the streets of Melbourne.
Fucking bizzarre flick but if your into Hutchence worth a look.

Yeah, LISTEN LIKE THIEVES was easily their most consistent work. Pretty much every track on it is great.

BOMBER
05-04-2005, 01:55 AM
That was made in Richmond mate,sometimes when I walk into the G from the pub down the road,I walk up through those streets.
I often think of that movie whilst doing so.

BOMBER
05-04-2005, 02:02 AM
I always dug the cover of Good Times that INXS did with Jimmy Barnesw,they released it on The Lost Boys soundtrack.
I saw INXS sing New Sensation at the 2001 grand Final with Jon Stevens on vocals,I like Jon but it was never going to work with him trying to fill the shoes of Hutchence.
Jon has also been linked at times with the VH camp and Jimmy Barnes was actually thought of as a replacement by Eddie when Dave left back in 85.

Rikk
05-04-2005, 02:10 AM
I personally think this whole idea of replacing Hutchence is ridiculous. Funny, the two biggest international Australian bands that came out in the 80s (INXS and MIDNIGHT OIL) had very distinctive lead singers. At least MIDNIGHT OIL isn't trying to replace theirs.

BOMBER
05-04-2005, 02:13 AM
Do you like The Oils Rikk?
Have you heard of The Angels mate?
The Angels are my favourit Aussie band ever.

Rikk
05-04-2005, 02:37 AM
Do you like The Oils Rikk?
Have you heard of The Angels mate?
The Angels are my favourit Aussie band ever.

I'm a massive OILS fan. I've been hardcore into them since the late 80s. I have every album they ever did...even the EPs. My favorite will always be 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, with special mentions going to HEAD INJURIES and, of course, DIESEL AND DUST. I also saw them live twice in Toronto, front row both times. It was kind of a drag when they broke up, though their last few albums weren't as consistently good as the ones before.

Do you like the OILS, BOMBER?

Never heard of the ANGELS, to be honest. What do they sound like?

BOMBER
05-04-2005, 02:46 AM
Yep,I'm into them,not as much as I used to be but still dig them.
I fucking love The Dead Heart and Herculese.
I even like Blue Sky Mining.
The Angels are very pub rockish and I've seen them countless times.
I guess you could say Jet are a very poor mans Angels.
When GNR came out here they got The Angels on stage to jam and Slash/Axl said what a big influence they had on them.
Most guys will go for ACDC as their fave Aussie band but I always dug Doc Neeson as a frontman in The Angels.
I do like ACDC though.

Rikk
05-04-2005, 02:51 AM
BLUE SKY MINING was a great album. Very different approach then what came before...and really fantastic. It was a big hit over here.

I'll definitely check out THE ANGELS.

You know, I like AC/DC...but really only the Bon Scott years. That stuff is all brilliant and I could listen to it anytime. I have all the albums. But the Brian Johnson stuff I'm just not as much into. I almost look at it as I look at the Sammy Hagar years...just mediocre in every way. But at least AC/DC had BACK IN BLACK with Johnson. VH had nothing with Hagar.

Panamark
05-04-2005, 02:53 AM
That was made in Richmond mate,sometimes when I walk into the G from the pub down the road,I walk up through those streets.
I often think of that movie whilst doing so.

I had a friend who knew which house it was in Richmond.
He was trying to talk me into having a blast of Smack with
him, while we sat outside the house... (This was his idea)
He was right into that movie.. (and drugs)

I declined :)

BOMBER
05-04-2005, 02:55 AM
P'Mark,do you like The Angels?
Powderfinger are currently a good Aussie band?

Panamark
05-04-2005, 02:55 AM
Rikk, I can hook you up with a few Angels tracks if ya want..

Panamark
05-04-2005, 02:56 AM
BOMBER ! I Love the Angels, I reckon I have seen them about ten
times across the years..

Panamark
05-04-2005, 02:57 AM
Hope they reunite again soon, the brewsters sorta went one way, and doc went the other there for a while..

BOMBER
05-04-2005, 02:58 AM
I'd love to know his thoughts,Max hasn't heard their stuff either and I've been on his back to get into them.

Panamark
05-04-2005, 02:58 AM
Powderfinger are great, but I dont like all their stuff, Kiling Heidi would
be my fave live Aussie band at the moment, They sound so much
heavier live, its unreal !

Panamark
05-04-2005, 02:59 AM
I'd love to know his thoughts,Max hasn't heard their stuff either and I've been on his back to get into them.

Perhaps its time to give them both a sample :)

Panamark
05-04-2005, 03:04 AM
BOMBER,

My mate has borrowed VOL1 best hits, but I can give them
the following, (from VOL2) which tracks do ya reckon ?
Pick 2 or 3 ..

No Secrets
Face the Day
Watch the Red
Fashion and Fame
Devils Gate
City out of Control
Live Lady Live
Eat City
No Sleep in Hell
Into the Heat
Easy Prey
Stand up

Rikk
05-04-2005, 03:05 AM
Rikk, I can hook you up with a few Angels tracks if ya want..

Definitely! E-mail me a few, bro. My e-mail's mailbox is huge. They should come through fine if the bitrate ain't too high.

Thanks, Mark!:)

FORD
05-04-2005, 03:07 AM
The Angels albums were released under the name "Angel City" over here because the label didn't want them confused with the glam band "Angel". Songs like "Marseilles" and "Can't Shake It" were staples of the Seattle FM rock station I listened to at the time, but they were also playing Ac/Dc before anyone else in the states, so I don't know how well known The Angels/Angel City were in other parts of the US.

Their stuff is next to impossible to find over here, but here's a site with a greatest hits compilation complete with some short clips (http://www.cdconnection.com/bin/nph-search/6Y82GDcA5NyK.lkd?part=718740)

If you like early Ac/Dc, you'll probably like these guys.

Panamark
05-04-2005, 03:23 AM
Marseilles is awesome, glad you have heard them FORD. I saw them
play a gig in Melbourne with AC/DC many moons ago..

Panamark
05-04-2005, 03:27 AM
Definitely! E-mail me a few, bro. My e-mail's mailbox is huge. They should come through fine if the bitrate ain't too high.

Thanks, Mark!:)

No worries, VOl1 has better songs, but theres some good ones
on this too. Lets see what BOMBER recommends,
No Secrets, Face the Day and Fashion and Fame
would probably be my standouts on here..

Whats ya picks BOMBER ? :)

jojo2371
05-04-2005, 01:38 PM
i thought the farris brothers signed up with mark burnett to do reality tv show about inxs search for a new singer ? tlc is doin the same thing in their search for not 1 but 2 new members for their group to replace lisa lopez!

Terry
05-04-2005, 03:03 PM
[B.

You know, I like AC/DC...but really only the Bon Scott years. That stuff is all brilliant and I could listen to it anytime. I have all the albums. But the Brian Johnson stuff I'm just not as much into. I almost look at it as I look at the Sammy Hagar years...just mediocre in every way. But at least AC/DC had BACK IN BLACK with Johnson. VH had nothing with Hagar. [/B]

Yeah, but AC/DC didn't do a 180 degree stylistic shift when it replaced singers, unlike Van Halen. I mean, you play Highway To Hell next to Back In Black and there's a sense of continuity there. Didn't really have much use for AC/DC after Flick of the Switch came out in the early 1980s, and my fave stuff was always with Scott, but AC/DC never shied away from their past with Scott, or pretended like he wasn't important to the bands success after he was gone. Went a long way towards generating fanbase continuity.

BOMBER
05-04-2005, 09:18 PM
No worries, VOl1 has better songs, but theres some good ones
on this too. Lets see what BOMBER recommends,
No Secrets, Face the Day and Fashion and Fame
would probably be my standouts on here..

Whats ya picks BOMBER ? :)
I've always loved all their stuff,I especially dig Shadow Boxer,Face The Day,No secrets,After The Rain and Mr.Damage.
That List though is pretty early on and albums such as The Howling were absolute rippers also,stuff like their cover of We Gotta Get Out Of This Place and the song Nature Of The Beast are amongst my faves.
Oh how could I forget such classics as Let The Night Roll On and The Dogs Are Talkin'?

There Comes A Time In A Young Girls Life When She First Meets A Man
There Comes A Time In A Young Girls Life When She Becomes A Woman.

Can Somebody Please Tell Me What The Time Is?

BOMBER
05-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Hope they reunite again soon, the brewsters sorta went one way, and doc went the other there for a while..
I actually saw them live about 8 months ago.
They market it as The Angels but Doc didn't sing,one of The Brewsters sang and he did well,however it has to be Doc handling the vocals for it to be The Angels.

Grant
05-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Powderfinger are great, but I dont like all their stuff, Kiling Heidi would
be my fave live Aussie band at the moment, They sound so much
heavier live, its unreal !

I'm pretty sure Killing Heidi play at Revesby Workers Club regularly. Is that close to you? They sort've dropped off the map a bit after their success with Reflector and Ella does have a great voice and a cute face.

Grant
05-05-2005, 12:24 AM
Yeah. What a stupid fucking thing to do. MARK told me that Hutchence's death was apparently an accident with masturbation and sexual asphyxiation. It almost makes sense, because the guy didn't really seem to have any reason to kill himself.

I heard something similar to that too, Rikk. A mate of mine I used to work with told me he had a friend who was somewhat involved in the investigation and discovery of the body and he said that Hutchence was strangled in bathroom during a visit by female aquaintance. It's something like that I cannot confirm.

"Original Sin" and "Never Tear Us Apart" are my fav INXS tunes. I can still remember vividly the day he died, it was the same day as my brother's wedding and the Church was not far from his apartment where he died.

BOMBER
05-05-2005, 12:30 AM
Wasn't the actress Kim Wilson the last to see him?

Grant
05-05-2005, 12:38 AM
Wasn't the actress Kim Wilson the last to see him?

Probably, I can't remember.

"Am I ever gonna see your face again?" :)

BOMBER
05-05-2005, 01:21 AM
After The Rain mate.

Rikk
05-05-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Grant
I heard something similar to that too, Rikk. A mate of mine I used to work with told me he had a friend who was somewhat involved in the investigation and discovery of the body and he said that Hutchence was strangled in bathroom during a visit by female aquaintance. It's something like that I cannot confirm.

"Original Sin" and "Never Tear Us Apart" are my fav INXS tunes. I can still remember vividly the day he died, it was the same day as my brother's wedding and the Church was not far from his apartment where he died.

That's some weird shit, huh? Spooky.

Yeah, it's a really pointless death. Dude was very fucking talented.

ORIGINAL SIN is one of my favorites too. KISS THE DIRT. I think my all-time favorite is BEAUTIFUL GIRL, though.

Panamark
05-05-2005, 02:32 AM
Looks like I will wait and get VOL1 back from my mate, that one has all the songs you listed BOMBER.. You will just have to wait a few days Rikk.. (Sorry !)

Rikk
05-05-2005, 02:38 AM
No prob, MARK. When you get the disc, e-mail me those tracks.:) I'm eager to hear 'em.

BOMBER
05-05-2005, 02:38 AM
Mate,do you have any Powderfinger?
Max went to the record store in Salt Lake to buy Fingerprints and they don't have it on sale over there,they don't have any of their stuff.

Rikk
05-05-2005, 02:40 AM
No. I don't know POWDERFINGER. What does it sound like?

BOMBER
05-05-2005, 02:46 AM
Sorry Rikk,I didn't expect you to get in under P'Marks post first.
I thought maybe P'Mark may have some Powderfinger in his collection.
I post from work so I can't really help you guys out very much.
Powderfinger are hard to describe Rikk,I think they are currently the best Aussie band by a mile.They have a few slower tracks that are very nice and also they can take it up a notch,the slower ones aren't ballads by any stretch though.

Panamark
05-05-2005, 03:03 AM
Powderfinger are great !
Ive got their debut album somewhere..
Half my fookin CD's are with other people !!! hehehe

I think you would love them Rikk.

I will see what I can come up with there too..

BOMBER
05-06-2005, 02:41 AM
Good Stuff,I've been rattlin' on to Max for ages about Powderfinger and find it hard to believe they have no stuff in The States because I think they could crack it over there.