PDA

View Full Version : Queen US confirmation

Shaun Ponsonby
05-03-2005, 07:50 AM
Various official sources are reporting that confirmation of a Queen + Paul Rodgers US tour will be soon.

Hopefully that means in a few weeks (at most) we will know WHEN Queen+ will be playing in North America.

Stay tuned.

Vinnie Velvet
05-03-2005, 12:02 PM
I haven't heard about the shows overseas.

How has the tour been received?

Hardrock69
05-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Very well, from what I have heard.

Shaun Ponsonby
05-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Well, I'm going tommorrow night, so I'll report back on Thursday.

flappo
05-03-2005, 02:24 PM
from what i've heard , rodgers is fucking amazing

really impressive !

Terry
05-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Wouldn't have thought of Rodgers first in terms of someone to fill Freddy's shoes. Don't really associate their voices or styles as lending themselves to one another.

Really ain't Queen without Freddy, though.

Don Corleone
05-04-2005, 03:44 PM
I saw them last night, and they were fucking brilliant.

Vinnie Velvet
05-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Wouldn't have thought of Rodgers first in terms of someone to fill Freddy's shoes. Don't really associate their voices or styles as lending themselves to one another.

Really ain't Queen without Freddy, though.

It'll never be QUEEN without Freddie. Even Brian and Roger know that.

That's why the tour is billed as "Queen with Paul Rodgers". Its more of a "hey, we liked playing with you and vice-versa and it sounded great--why don't we take this out on the road?"

And I know Brian and Roger have been aching to get back out there(there hasn't been a Queen tour since 1986), so I'm all for it.

I was just wondering how Rodgers has sounded singing Queen songs.

Apparently, the shows have been received very well.

Rikk
05-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Yes, I am glad they didn't call it just QUEEN. It isn't really QUEEN without Freddie (or John Deacon for that matter...too bad he didn't come out there).

bueno bob
05-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Yes, I am glad they didn't call it just QUEEN. It isn't really QUEEN without Freddie (or John Deacon for that matter...too bad he didn't come out there).

Have they done Wembley yet? There were rumors that John was going to MAYBE show up for that gig...?

Shaun Ponsonby
05-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Wembley is some time next week. Manchester last night.

Fuck, that was amazing.

Vinnie Velvet
05-05-2005, 03:59 PM
Queen have not added "Another One Bites the Dust" on the set list, with obvious respect towards John Deacon, whose funky bass line forms the basis of the song. He wrote it as well.

Shaun Ponsonby
05-05-2005, 04:08 PM
I'd say it was more out of spite than out of respect. If they don't play his songs-he won't get paid. Roger Taylor said on the radio yesterday that he was very disappointed that he will sit at home and get his cheques, but he wont get of his ass and tour.

Actually, I'll give you a link for the interview in a sec.

Shaun Ponsonby
05-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Click here for the Roger Taylor interview

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=525818

I'll try and find Brian May's for you. Brian's had some EXCLUSIVE LIVE TRACKS as well.

Rikk
05-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Thanks SHAUN!:) I'll listen to that now before getting back to work!