PDA

View Full Version : Bang Bang...

Fabulous Shadow
05-05-2005, 11:43 PM
Don't know if this had ever been a topic here but I'm just curious...

How many people here own guns? If you own um, do you keep un loaded in your home? Unloaded? Someplace else? What did you buy um for? Protection? Hunting? Have you ever had any gun related accident? Did you take a firarms class?

Both my husband and my daddy (RIP) owned guns. I have never been confortable around them, in fact I am uncomfortable enough to go into panic when I am around one. My husband used his for protection as well as sport. He had several handguns as well as riffels.
My dad was a collector. he had gund dating back to the civil war, but also had a handgun fro protection. He even gave this small gun with a pearl handle to my mom to carry in her purse... Just in case. But that was before to concealed weapons laws. She never carried it.

vanzilla
05-06-2005, 12:05 AM
Don't own any guns, nor plan on it.

But I've been known to shoot some loads.

WACF
05-06-2005, 01:23 AM
I am a prairie boy...of course I have guns.

Unloaded and trigger locks.

MAX
05-06-2005, 01:50 AM
I own a pistol that my grandfather left to me. It's a nice piece and extremely valuable. I don't keep it at home though. It's in a safety deposit box. I'll take it camping or go to the gun club a couple of times a year to shoot targets but we have kids running around the house. Not worth the risk.

Roguesgirl
05-06-2005, 02:28 AM
I never learned how to use a gun. If i knew how, I might have one locked up safely somewhere.

The Scatologist
05-06-2005, 07:35 AM
I have a gun between my legs heh heh *Beavis laugh*

guwapo_rocker
05-06-2005, 09:06 AM
No guns in this house, and there never will be.

m_dixon1984
05-06-2005, 09:40 AM
We Canadians only have flowers, peace symbols and blue berets in our homes. Oh, and enough empties to buy a small country.

M

bueno bob
05-06-2005, 09:47 AM
I have two .44 mags, a 410 shotgun, a 16 and 12 gauge shotgun (single shot), a small derringer, a SWEET 454 Casull, a .22, a double barrel 12 gauge shotgun, and I want five or six more. With kids in the house, though, they're all kept in storage OUTSIDE of the home.

Brett
05-06-2005, 12:43 PM
Yes I have a gun, Berretta 9MM 92FS. I haven't shot it in years, used to go to the range all the time. I have to keep it my parents', my wife is the ultimate pacifist, doesn't want it anywhere near our house. Not like I'm running around shooting people or something, I just like to go target shooting. With the baby now, I doubt it will ever be at home, locked up or not.

Last_Child
05-06-2005, 01:20 PM
I used to have a Water gun..

Does that count? :lol:

Fabulous Shadow
05-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Once my husband took me to a range to try and help me work through my fears. I think it was a 9 mm we were using... So he tells me how to aim and how to hold it, use the lock... So I aim at the target and shoot... My eyes just close automatically from the kickback... So I open them and ask... Did I hit the target... and he points up... almost directly over our heads the sign that said : No Shooters pass this point... It was moving back and fourth. I hit it...
I put the gun down and walked away...

bueno bob
05-06-2005, 02:05 PM
9mm's are really toys, anyway...for a handgun, you need something that can hit...which is why I have 44s and the 454 Casull... :)

THEN you've got some firepower, not a popgun. The Derringer I just keep around cuz it's funny lookin' :)

Brett
05-06-2005, 02:08 PM
I'm pretty sure if I shot you in the chest with my Beretta 9MM , it would hurt and probably do a little a damage. ;)

saint
05-06-2005, 02:17 PM
So U O 1 2

Bought one from a Lithuanian sailor in the harbour for aprox. 150 $ It came with 20 bullets, there are 10 left and I don’t really know what to do with it..

Other the find 10 more people I don’t like ........

Mezro
05-06-2005, 02:24 PM
While I respect the right of law abiding adults to bear arms I personally fucking hate them.

Mezro...there is something terrifying about people playing God with the squeeze of a trigger...

DavidLeeNatra
05-06-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
Did I hit the target... and he points up... almost directly over our heads the sign that said : No Shooters pass this point... It was moving back and fourth. I hit it...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

Nickdfresh
05-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
9mm's are really toys, anyway...for a handgun, you need something that can hit...which is why I have 44s and the 454 Casull... :)

THEN you've got some firepower, not a popgun. The Derringer I just keep around cuz it's funny lookin' :)

Weapons are highly addictive...

BOB, 9mm parabellum rounds have killed more people than any other pistol cartridge. It's much easier to cuntrol and bring down back on target. And the preferred weapon of special operations hostage rescue units because it is not "too powerful," (to 'over-penitrate') but powerful enough and accurate.

I am highly ambivalent about guns though, for me it's like owning a big gas-hog motherfucking SUV. Fun to have, but unrestrained ownership ultimately seems to harm society in the long run.

That's why I would never join the NRA! Ever!

bastardog
05-06-2005, 03:52 PM
I have a pellet riffle.....does it count.....come, on it could make you bleed if shooted a maximum of 6 feet of distance.

Nickdfresh
05-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Brett
Yes I have a gun, Berretta 9MM 92FS. I haven't shot it in years, used to go to the range all the time. I have to keep it my parents', my wife is the ultimate pacifist, doesn't want it anywhere near our house. Not like I'm running around shooting people or something, I just like to go target shooting. With the baby now, I doubt it will ever be at home, locked up or not.

We had those in the Army (the M-9 is it's military name).

I once had a Navy SEAL tell me that they hated them and went to other European weapons like the Sig-Sauer (I think Heckler & Koch makes a new .45 for Sp. Ops).

They had a saying because the slide came off an M-9 on a Navy range in the early 80's and broke the SEAL shooters jaw.

It goes:

"You ain't a real Navy SEAL unless you got a mouth full of Italian steel!" :D

Other than that I heard the Army had no complaints.

Carmine
05-06-2005, 03:56 PM
I have a Super Soaker 9000.....and its Pistol sized cousin!

twonabomber
05-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

I once had a Navy SEAL tell me that they hated them and went to other European weapons like the Sig-Sauer (I think Heckler & Koch makes a new .45 for Sp. Ops).

my friend's got a Sig Sauer 9mm that's pretty nice. i may get one. there's a pretty nice gun shop close to me that does auctions every couple months, maybe i'll hit one of those. obligatory plug http://www.thegunrunner.com/

now that my schedule is freeing up a bit i may take the concealed carry class.

bueno bob
05-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Read all about it...

Handgun Ballistics

Distance (yds) Muzzle 50 100
Velocity (fps) 1625 1451 1308
Distance (yds) Muzzle 50 100
Energy (ft. lbs.) 1759 1413 1141
Distance (yds) 50 100
Mid Trajectory (in.) 0.5 2.0

Anyone who has ever fired a handgun chambered in the 454 Casull knows this a real powerhouse of a cartridge. Dick Casull wasn’t kidding around when he began to develop the 454. He built the cartridge from the ground up and, in my opinion, created the best all around (traditional) handgun hunting cartridge to ever be developed. When properly loaded a handgun hunter is equipped with a cartridge truly capable of taking game ranging from deer to the largest of dangerous game. Ballistics from a 7 ½” barrel are enough to bring a tear of joy to your eye. Take the ballistics of the popular 44 Remington Magnum loaded with a 240-grain bullet at 1500 fps the 44 Magnum generates 1200 ft. lbs of energy and a 300-grain bullet at 1300 fps generates 1125 ft lbs of energy. Compare these numbers to factory offerings in 454 Casull from Winchester, Remington, and Federal and the performance level of the 454 becomes very clear. Winchester shows a 260-grain bullet at 1800 fps generating 1870 ft lbs of energy, and a 300-grain at 1625 fps generating 1759 ft lbs of energy, that’s an impressive 634 ft lbs more energy than the 44 Remington Magnum with the 300-grain bullet. Remington is now offering a factory load with a 300-grain Core-Lokt bullet charted at the same velocity and muzzle energy as the Winchester load. Federal has joined the party producing a load utilizing the 300-grain Trophy Bonded Bear-claw. It’s nice to see the major ammunition companies producing loads for this fine round and these should only continue grow in the future.

The 454 Casull is a hand loaders dream come true. Cases are tough as nails and will last for a very long time even under the use of heavy loads. One interesting thing about the case is it has a small primer pocket so that small rifle primers may be used. This was done to help contain the high operating pressures associated with the cartridge. Which exceed the 55,000 C.U.P range in some cases. There is no shortage of bullets for the 454, in both weights (commonly 240 to 370-grains) and construction, but like anything else some are better than others. The 454 Casull uses the same diameter bullets (.451-.452”) as the 45 ACP or 45 Colt. The problem being the bullets designed to give reliable performance in the 45 ACP or 45 Colt will not “hold up” to the velocities and operating pressures the 454 is capable of producing. A quick check to the bullet manufactures recommended velocity range and bullet application chart will prevent this from becoming a problem. I’ve experimented with a number of bullets in my 454’s from Sierra, Speer, Nosler, as well as Hornady and a few cast bullets. Sierra’s 300-grain JSP is a thick, heavily jacketed bullet with a 6% antimony core and a wide flat-nose. This bullet gives a solid “whack” upon contact with an animal and penetration is exceptional. Another bullet I’ve used in my 454 with equal results is the Speer 300-grain Uni-Core. This bullet is manufactured using Speer’s patented Hot-Cor process to fuse the bullet core to the jacket. Both of these bullets are super though, capable of standing up to the strains the 454 can dish out and still remain accurate. Nosler produces two bullets a 260 and a 300-grain in their Partition HG line. My best accuracy to date, a 2.5” five shot group at 100 yards, was shot from a rest using the Nosler 260-grain bullet. Cast Performance Bullet Co. produces several hard cast bullets suitable for the 454 and the one I like the best is the 335-grain WLNGC (Wide Long Nose w/ Gas Check). I’ve found WW296 to be the best powder for my uses in the 454 hands down. Separating bullet seating and crimping into two steps is a recommended practice. I also use a Redding Profile Crimp Die to ensure a solid and uniform crimp. This uniform crimp keeps the bullets from creeping forward under the heavy recoil of the 454. Make no mistake the recoil and muzzle blast are on the heavy end of the scale. Hearing protection is a must and some shooters will find wearing a recoil or leather glove will make shooting the 454 far more enjoyable.

Now, I know, I'm sure a 9mm is going to make my day pretty bad, but THIS...this is my idea of weaponry!

Weaponry IS addictive, I agree 120%.

Brett
05-06-2005, 05:18 PM
My dad has a Sig, I think it's a P226 or 228 I can't remember. Real nice gun in all nickel.

Anonymous
05-06-2005, 08:57 PM
I own a Claymore.

Cheers! :bottle:

Ozzy Fudd
05-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
I own a Claymore.

I own 2 Katanas

Anonymous
05-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Ozzy Fudd
I own 2 Katanas

Shit! How much were those things? I understand that a proper, fully functional Katana is around $1200. Or, the price of TWO Claymores.

Fabulous Shadow
05-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Dig the sword Pus... I'll take a knofe over a gun anyday! My dad was a knife collector. He had several cool swords... My mom keeps saying she's gonna sell um on ebay but we dont know enough about them.

Anyway, I found out the gun I shot at the range was a 380 Makarov...
But he does have a 9mm reuger as well...

Brett
05-06-2005, 10:59 PM
A 380 automag should have been very easy to shoot.

Cathedral
05-07-2005, 12:44 AM
My baby is a Smith & Wesson 686 .357 Magnum with a 4 inch barrel. it's a double action revolver and quite frankly, the best American made handgun i have ever fired.
It also uses the .38 Special shells, although i wouldn't recommend trying the reverse scenario, lol. cost was $325

My second fav is a Glock 32 that was made in Austria (I want a 33), I like this one because it has 13+1 round capacity, i always think of Clint Eastwood and his little speech when firing that one, "Did he fire 11 or 12 rounds?", "wrong, I fired 12 and still got two more, bitch!", lol.
This gun was made in 1983 and was very popular with law enforcement agencies, i got it from a detective (my uncle) for $150.

My third fav is my Colt 1911, it's a .45 that was designed in 1911 and used by US forces until the mid 80's when it was replaced by the Baretta M92. the 1911 is very accurate. It's a touch heavy, but that helps make the recoil manageable. The 1911 is not my favorite gun, but if it were the only gun I was allowed to own, I would be content. (traded a Kawasaki 100 street and trail to my uncle for it)

I own 3-12 guage shotguns, one is a pump action and one is a sawed off barrel (totally illegal), and that one is strictly for shooting down home. I don't even like transporting it, lol.
I have 2-20 guage pump shotguns, one is in dire need of restoring.

And the pride of my collection is the 1895 Winchester Square Barrel .22 rifle my Grandpa left for me. this gun is worth a small fortune and rare as hell. some relatives have been after it since grandpa died, sorry, but it will stay right where it is. I don't even fire that one at all, it's just a beautiful rifle.

My Dad has promised me my late uncle Charlie's M-16, how he got that gun i have no idea, but it's supposed to be mine someday. as for that one, i don't know much about M-16's other than they jam a lot and the handles were made by Kenner Toys, lol.

Also in the collection is a .22 pistol i built from a kit in the mid 80's, along with a civil war musket kit as well, never fired either of these, too scared, lmmfao.
I used to have a Marlin, but sold that to my brother along with the 410 single shot rifle that has been around since i was a baby.

My guns are for whatever use they need to be, fun or protection.
You break into my house and your ass is dead, period.
I carry one of the pistols when i work because of a dog factor in my job. you would be surprised at how many times i have walked up on a beast ready to eat my ass even though the home owner knows i'm coming and will be inspecting their property.
Thank goodness i have yet to kill a clients dog, but it's a tad scary in some of these neighborhoods.

Damn, all this talk of guns has me wanting to buy another one. it's been awhile since i added to the list.
I think i'll hit target world tomorrow and see what they have that looks interesting.

As for incidents, If you break into my house, you are dead and there will only be one story told to the cops, it won't be yours.

Nuff Said.............

Anonymous
05-07-2005, 12:45 AM
Dig the sword Pus... I'll take a knofe over a gun anyday! My dad was a knife collector. He had several cool swords... My mom keeps saying she's gonna sell um on ebay but we dont know enough about them.

Well, maybe I could tell you a couple of things, if you have some pics. Not much, though... can't tell from pics if they're functional or not. 'Cos if they ARE functional, they're real collection pieces and the prices increases by, say, a lot.

If they're not, well... might as well throw 'em away. You won't get that much from them, hardly worth the bother.

I'd still like to see 'em if you have pictures.

Cathedral
05-07-2005, 01:09 AM

Anyway, I found out the gun I shot at the range was a 380 Makarov...
But he does have a 9mm reuger as well...

My Dad has a huge knife collection also, knives do nothing for me, and won't do shit for a person in a gun fight.

Slicing a knife through flesh doesn't sit well with me, the contact is too close and personal.
If i aim to kill someone i want it to be fast and preferrably from a distance away.
Hmmmm, is that sick or what?
I'll kill a person but have compassion for how i accomplish that task.

Watching someone bleed to death from their mouth, or seeing their intestines spill out on the floor seems, i dunno, morbid.

Splatter them all over the wall and have them die instantly, seems more humane in my opinion.

Anonymous
05-07-2005, 01:14 AM
Grate opinion, Cat. But, if I ever do have to kill someone, I'd prefer to do it up close and personal, looking straight in the eye. Much more healthy and liberating knowing the person you're gonna kill and that person knowing what killed him/her, in my opinion.

Has this thread suddenly took a turn for the worse?

Of course, I wouldn't use Claymores in gun fights... that'd e pretty stupid. I'd do it the american way: bigger gun and more powerful. Say, a rocket launcher?

Cathedral
05-07-2005, 01:29 AM
It took it's proper turn i reckon. Guns were designed to kill, plain and simple.
I like to sepnd shells at the range, but what am i practicing for?
Protecting my family of course, and that may include blasting someone away.

That whole eye to eye thing may look cool in a stylish movie atmosphere, but trust me, when your family is sleeping and there is a stranger running about the house in the dark, survival instincts take over, it's an adrenaline rush that ends up with someone bleeding all over the floor.

Fabulous Shadow
05-07-2005, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Brett
A 380 automag should have been very easy to shoot.

Maybe the fact that I am deathly scared of guns has something to do with it??? All I know is that to me, it had quite a kick back...

The Mr used to say that he had a gun in the house for protection. It was creepy because once or twice we heard something and he got the gun out to go investigate... I always had that "shoot the wrong person" FEAR! Luckily, it never came to that. He used to say, "are you telling me that if someone broke in, you wouldn't feel safer having the gun? and I'd say "they may as well kill me, because I'd NEVER be able to pull the trigger" and I firmly believe I wouldn't have. That said, being a mother, I WOULD shoot an intruder to save my son but the guns were his and they stayed with him when we seperated. I never learned how to use um anyway.

Fabulous Shadow
05-07-2005, 01:54 AM
Well, maybe I could tell you a couple of things, if you have some pics. Not much, though... can't tell from pics if they're functional or not. 'Cos if they ARE functional, they're real collection pieces and the prices increases by, say, a lot.

If they're not, well... might as well throw 'em away. You won't get that much from them, hardly worth the bother.

I'd still like to see 'em if you have pictures.

The knives or just the swords?? I'll see what I can do...

col5150
05-07-2005, 07:10 AM
guns are bad m'kay

Anonymous
05-07-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
That whole eye to eye thing may look cool in a stylish movie atmosphere, but trust me, when your family is sleeping and there is a stranger running about the house in the dark, survival instincts take over, it's an adrenaline rush that ends up with someone bleeding all over the floor.

I wasn't talkin' 'bout movies... I meant that in my opinion, killing someone face to face and letting him know who killed him and how seems much more satisfying than a bullet out of nowhere.

You can then rejoice in drinking the blood and eating the heart of the victim!

Ok, THAT was movie stuff... or... maybe not? :D

Anonymous
05-07-2005, 02:16 PM
The knives or just the swords?? I'll see what I can do...

Well, both would be grate.

Ozzy Fudd
05-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Shit! How much were those things? I understand that a proper, fully functional Katana is around $1200. Or, the price of TWO Claymores.

Mine $400.00 and some change for my 440 stainless bone handle.
and my all black 440 stainless Warrior Katana with fighting dragon blade $350.00 this one i could get going pretty fast it would look like a airplane propeller spinning.

Cathedral
05-07-2005, 07:15 PM
I wasn't talkin' 'bout movies... I meant that in my opinion, killing someone face to face and letting him know who killed him and how seems much more satisfying than a bullet out of nowhere.

You can then rejoice in drinking the blood and eating the heart of the victim!

Ok, THAT was movie stuff... or... maybe not? :D

I understand fully what your saying, you have the true heart of a hunter....I dig that, bro.

Were you ever a Gilligans Island fan?
The episode i like is where that hunter guy came to shore that wanted to hunt Gilligan.....It was Ted Nugent-y -n- shit, lol.

Cathedral
05-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Once my husband took me to a range to try and help me work through my fears. I think it was a 9 mm we were using... So he tells me how to aim and how to hold it, use the lock... So I aim at the target and shoot... My eyes just close automatically from the kickback... So I open them and ask... Did I hit the target... and he points up... almost directly over our heads the sign that said : No Shooters pass this point... It was moving back and fourth. I hit it...

Rule #1 for husbands is NEVER PUT A LOADED GUN IN THE WIFES HANDS!

This is a simple yet automatic rule for all men.

When i first read your post i thought you were talking about hitting the target, lol. That's just dangerous what you done there, darlin.
But i know exactly what your problem was, i mean besides even picking up a gun, lol, and that is that you pulled the gun back instead of squeezing it.

Anonymous
05-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Ozzy Fudd
Mine $400.00 and some change for my 440 stainless bone handle.
and my all black 440 stainless Warrior Katana with fighting dragon blade $350.00 this one i could get going pretty fast it would look like a airplane propeller spinning.

Can I get a picture of those things? I'm really curious.

Anonymous
05-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
I understand fully what your saying, you have the true heart of a hunter....I dig that, bro.

Were you ever a Gilligans Island fan?
The episode i like is where that hunter guy came to shore that wanted to hunt Gilligan.....It was Ted Nugent-y -n- shit, lol.

I never seen Gilligan's Island. Was that some kind of a show?

As for the hunter bit, never thought about that, honestly. Ev'rytime I have pictured myself in such a situation I always thought of myself as the prey... but hey, who knows, huh?

WARF
03-30-2010, 05:23 PM
The gunt has a gun.... RUN!!

VanHalenFan5150
03-30-2010, 09:20 PM
I own quite a few.

Here's at least what I can remember.

-1918 Mauser Gewehr 98
-Ruger 10/22
-Sig Mosquito
-Hammerli Sig 22
-Remington 870 Express

A few others that I can't think of. I don't feel like going into my gun safe.

Rikk
03-31-2010, 03:19 AM
The gunt has a gun.... RUN!!

She's still probably trying to find a few addresses of members here so she can finally get some payback.

Bill Lumbergh
03-31-2010, 04:47 AM
I still wack off to the image of that zit infested titty Fab....so dont come after me!

Panamark
03-31-2010, 04:56 AM
WARF is a necromancer !! :)

Isnt it a tad freaky that we can just take up
where we left off over 5 years ago ??

PETE'S BROTHER
04-17-2010, 11:35 AM
the wild west gets a bit wilder

http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/azelections/articles/2010/04/16/20100416arizona-concealed-weapons-bill16-ON.html

"If you want to carry concealed, and you have no criminal history, you are a good guy, you can do it," bill sponsor Sen. Russell Pearce, R-Mesa, has said of his bill. "It's a freedom that poses no threat to the public."

Little Texan
04-17-2010, 11:58 AM
The thought of Flab with a gun is enough to make the hair stand up on anyone's neck! :yikes:

Nickdfresh
04-17-2010, 08:51 PM
I own quite a few.

Here's at least what I can remember.

-1918 Mauser Gewehr 98

Nice! I'd like to send a few rounds down range with that one...