PDA

View Full Version : DLR/CVH on the radio

Roguesgirl
05-06-2005, 08:23 PM
I thought it would be cool to have an ongoing thread to post if you hear a DLR or CVH tune on the radio or at a game, etc.. Which tune? Which station? any comments? was a request, etc.

I heard RWTD on WAAF in Boston and the DJ mentioned the box set and speculated that it meant that there was no longer a chance for the Mighty Van Halen, meaning with Roth, to reunite.

I also heard (to my surprise) Goin' Crazy on WHJY Providence, RI. I hardly ever hear that on on the radio anymore.

Anonymous
05-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Well, not exactly on the radio, but VH1's Friday Rocks has played Jamie's Cryin' two weeks in a row. They are also quite fond of RWTD and ocasionally play Yankee Rose and Just a Gigolo.

Cheers! :bottle:

canadiandlrgirl
05-07-2005, 05:48 AM
the radio station here is gonna have a countdown of the greatest VH hits of all time on mothers day the reason for this is because it is alex's birthday the same day you can vote for your 3 fav VH songs............ they also played jump and feel your love tonight and hagar tune too, i wish they would lay off the hagar crap his voice is anoying:rolleyes:

Roguesgirl
05-07-2005, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
the radio station here is gonna have a countdown of the greatest VH hits of all time on mothers day the reason for this is because it is alex's birthday the same day you can vote for your 3 fav VH songs............ they also played jump and feel your love tonight and hagar tune too, i wish they would lay off the hagar crap his voice is anoying:rolleyes:

very cool! :)

except for the hagar shite

I hate it when they do a VH Triple play or threesome or whatever and they do two Roth tunes and 1 hagar tune. I'm like WTF? Stay true motherfucker...

Funny, I never hear 2 Hagar and 1 Roth. :)

canadiandlrgirl
05-07-2005, 06:06 AM
very true down here they played a four play 3 Roth and 1 hagar that was cool i would've prefered them all to be roth, but i guess they were more in Roths favor than Hagars:D

Grant
05-07-2005, 06:18 AM
104.9FM Triple M here in Australia is the main rock radio station. The only songs I've heard them play are Jump, Panama, Hot For Teacher, California Girls, and Just Like Paradise.

canadiandlrgirl
05-07-2005, 06:52 AM
here they play tons of Dave ere Van halen.....they play alot of PANAMA ,that's one of my faves

DavidLeeNatra
05-07-2005, 07:13 AM
heard "jump" several times at the icehockey world championships....

Bob_R
05-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Luckily the radio station I listen to very, very rarely plays Van Hagar.
They know exactly what the people want and it's Classic VH.

canadiandlrgirl
05-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
Luckily the radio station I listen to very, very rarely plays Van Hagar.
They know exactly what the people want and it's Classic VH.

I agree...... they also want a real Van Halen reunion, so come on Eddie give Dave a call for christ sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last_Child
05-08-2005, 10:12 AM
The Norwegian Stations only play Shit..

except on Sunday night.

P4 is the absofuckinglutely the worst...

Stillwell
05-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Stuff I've heard recently:

Jump
Panama
I'll Wait
Yankee Rose
Just Like Paradise
Top of the World
Finish What You Started

bueno bob
05-08-2005, 10:48 PM
Out here in my neck of the woods, KGON (our local classic rock station that sucks, but it's all we've got) plays MOSTLY classic Van Halen...I say not exclusively, because sometimes we get the usual Hagar puke (say, Feels So Good, Finish What Ya Started, Dreams, Right Now - those 4 almost exclusively).

HOWEVER, in the last few weeks, I've been happy to hear: Runnin with the Devil, You Really Got Me, Jamie's Cryin, Dance the Night Away, Everybody Wants Some, Unchained, Jump, and Panama...

Also, they have this promotion called the KGON workforce, where basically you sign up to make $100 an hour - if you win, they announce your name on the radio, you call them and confirm and make $100 until the next hour, when they announce another name. At that point, the new person has a chance to call in and take over - if he/she doesn't call, you keep making $100 an hour until the next hour when somebody else gets the chance, and so forth.

I told you all that to tell you this - when they're at the top of every hour, the background music is the introductory music (repeats right before the singing starts) to "Little Guitars".

Portland Oregon is Roth country, I say...

canadiandlrgirl
05-09-2005, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Out here in my neck of the woods, KGON (our local classic rock station that sucks, but it's all we've got) plays MOSTLY classic Van Halen...I say not exclusively, because sometimes we get the usual Hagar puke (say, Feels So Good, Finish What Ya Started, Dreams, Right Now - those 4 almost exclusively).

HOWEVER, in the last few weeks, I've been happy to hear: Runnin with the Devil, You Really Got Me, Jamie's Cryin, Dance the Night Away, Everybody Wants Some, Unchained, Jump, and Panama...

Also, they have this promotion called the KGON workforce, where basically you sign up to make $100 an hour - if you win, they announce your name on the radio, you call them and confirm and make $100 until the next hour, when they announce another name. At that point, the new person has a chance to call in and take over - if he/she doesn't call, you keep making $100 an hour until the next hour when somebody else gets the chance, and so forth.

I told you all that to tell you this - when they're at the top of every hour, the background music is the introductory music (repeats right before the singing starts) to "Little Guitars".

Portland Oregon is Roth country, I say...

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roguesgirl
05-10-2005, 10:41 PM
I heard Outta Love being used as some background the other day. It was some kind of Rock and Roll News or something :cool:

canadiandlrgirl
05-11-2005, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Roguesgirl
I heard Outta Love being used as some background the other day. It was some kind of Rock and Roll News or something :cool:

that's a cool song!!!!!!!

Bob_R
05-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Local station just played a block of VH.

4 tunes all Classic VH

Ice Cream Man
Everybody Wants Some
Panama
Mean Street

Roguesgirl
05-14-2005, 02:35 AM
I was participating in a Cancer Charity Walk tonight where we were doing laps around the High School running track. Its an all night event and so the DJ played "Dance the Night Away" Isn't that clever?

Did I mention that I requested it? LOL. :D

canadiandlrgirl
05-14-2005, 03:33 PM
I was participating in a Cancer Charity Walk tonight where we were doing laps around the High School running track. Its an all night event and so the DJ played "Dance the Night Away" Isn't that clever?

you rock girl!!!!!!!!!that's one of my favorite songs.

DavidLeeNatra
05-15-2005, 07:39 AM

LOL...good girl...you ROCK !!!

diamondsgirl
06-14-2005, 09:21 AM
They played "Feel Your Love Tonight" at my gym last night.

I rarely hear that tuneon the radio

thome
06-14-2005, 09:35 AM
K.C. raidio is so pussified if they play a twofer or threefer you kwow
that hip DJ jargon. one of them is allways a spam tune no balls!

mentalpancake
06-14-2005, 09:09 PM
I thought it would be cool to have an ongoing thread to post if you hear a DLR or CVH tune on the radio or at a game, etc.. Which tune? Which station? any comments? was a request, etc.

I heard RWTD on WAAF in Boston and the DJ mentioned the box set and speculated that it meant that there was no longer a chance for the Mighty Van Halen, meaning with Roth, to reunite.

I also heard (to my surprise) Goin' Crazy on WHJY Providence, RI. I hardly ever hear that on on the radio anymore.
WAAF basically only plays RWTD as far as VH goes, except when they do Eruption going into You Really Got Me.

I liked last year when they dedicated a whole weekend to Van Halen. Unfortunately it was when the Sheepfest came to town so they had to play some Hagar stuff, but the majority was Roth so it was still pretty cool.:cool: