PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Stones Tour Announcement

Northern Girl
05-07-2005, 08:50 PM
The Rolling Stones are expected to announce plans for a new tour during a Tuesday (5/10) press conference that will originate from New York City's famous Julliard School of Music.

Though the band hasn't officially tipped its hand as to what Tuesday's announcement will be, various news reports say that a live telecast and performance is planned.

Earlier this year, Boston officials approved plans for major concerts on Aug. 21 and 23, which are widely expected to be the shows that launch a Stones world tour predicted to run well into 2006. The Stones' last outing was the 2002-2003 "Licks" world tour, which played to more than 3.4 million fans and grossed nearly $300 million, according to Amusement Business.

The outing will include a stop at the New Charlotte Arena in North Carolina, home to the NBA's Bobcats, the Charlotte Observer reported. That show reportedly will take place prior to U2's Dec. 12 concert at the same venue.

CBC news reported this week that the Stones are planning an early September outdoor show in Moncton, New Brunswick. Promoters are quoted as predicting that the show, at the 60,000-capacity Magnetic Hill concert site, will be the largest concert ever held in Atlantic Canada.

Charlottesville, VA's Scott Stadium is also expected to host a show, according to local news reports.

Earlier this year, producer Don Was told liveDaily that he was working with the Stones on a new album that is expected to hit stores later this year. Meanwhile, Virgin Records recently issued re-issued versions of two best-of albums from the Stones, "Sucking in the Seventies" and "Made in the Shade."

http://www.livedaily.com/news/8118.html?t=104

DLR82VH
05-08-2005, 02:05 AM
I wonder how much tickets will be this time around?? lol :p

twonabomber
05-08-2005, 02:38 AM
i'm hearing tix will range from $90 to $400. that, and the promoter is looking for a huge guarantee from venues, and a lot of venues are balking at that.

DLR82VH
05-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Can anyone else charge that much and get away with it?

diamondD
05-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Somehow, someway, I'll be at one New York City show.

FORD
05-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
i'm hearing tix will range from $90 to $400. that, and the promoter is looking for a huge guarantee from venues, and a lot of venues are balking at that.

If they can give me a written guarantee that Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman will be on the tour, I'll pay a higher price. Though $400 is ridiculous any way you look at it. Shit, for that amount they should be able to raise Brian Jones from the dead!

Terry
05-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Bah. No longer interested in the Stones live. Too many years of playing the same old stuff. Caught them on the Steel Wheels tour. Show was good, but for some reason the Stones tours smack of nothing more to me now than a money-making venture. 'Bout the only thing I hear about Stones tours now is how much they gross, as opposed to if they were any good or not.

Plus, stadium shows suck.

Hardrock69
05-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Yeah the Stones are wanting a $3 million guarantee per show...if the arena does not sell out, promoters loose big bux....

Keep in mind at their age ANY of their tours could be their last....

rustoffa
05-08-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by FORD
If they can give me a written guarantee that Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman will be on the tour, I'll pay a higher price.

Here-here.

Saw Taylor a few years back with Bobby Keyes and one of the Neville brothers..."Tumbling Dice".

He's packed on more than a few pounds, put on a fucking clinic regardless.

twonabomber
05-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Terry

Plus, stadium shows suck.

rumor is there's a lot of MLB ballparks on the schedule. a lot of the new baseball parks are smaller than the new football stadiums, maybe it will make a difference.

candy
05-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Never seen them. Probably should once in my lifetime.

BrownSound1
05-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Saw them on the Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge tours....and as much as I dig the Stones, I'm not paying that amount of money to see them.

Hell I wouldn't pay 400 bucks to see the original VH tour again...or even Led Zeppelin, well maybe Zep with John Bonham I would, but that's a big maybe.

m_dixon1984
05-12-2005, 03:56 PM
I've seen 'em in big stadiums and won't waste my money again.

BUT...they are scheduled to play in Ottawa (my home town). We don't have a real stadium in the city. RS will be playing at Frank Clair Stadium which is really only half a stadium (it seats 28 to 30k for concerts). The sound is always really good there so I may just catch them this time around (Steel Wheels was the last time for me).

All you US folks may want to consider a visit to Ottawa around the end of August. Prices for the Aug.29 show are $CDN60-300. That's just pennies for you yanks.

M