PDA

View Full Version : Report: Baseball looking into Bonds' relationships and activities

ALinChainz
05-08-2005, 02:12 AM
May 7, 2005

NEW YORK (AP) -- Major League Baseball is looking into Barry Bonds' relationships and activities, according to a report in the New York Daily News.

Citing anonymous baseball sources, the newspaper reported in its Sunday editions that baseball security officials believe Bonds might be at risk of conviction over allegations of tax fraud.

The San Francisco Giants outfielder, who has been at the center of baseball's steroid's scandal, has yet to play this season as he recovers from knee surgeries.

The most recent Bonds controversy involves him using his own doctors and trainers to treat his injured right knee. The 40-year-old slugger has had three surgeries on the knee since Jan. 31, the last coming Monday as doctors tried to clean out an infection.

Bonds' surgeon, Dr. Albert Ting, has been reprimanded twice by the California state medical board and is on probation for ``unprofessional conduct,'' according to The Arizona Republic.

The Daily News reported baseball was not happy to hear that another associate of Bonds has had trouble with the law.

Baseball first became concerned about Bonds when law enforcement agents raided the home of his personal trainer and longtime friend Greg Anderson in September 2003 as part of the investigation of an alleged steroids distribution ring involving BALCO founder Victor Conte.

Bonds gave grand jury testimony in the case, and according to reports in The San Francisco Chronicle, said he used a clear substance and a cream given to him by Anderson, who was indicted in the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative case. Bonds said he didn't know if they were steroids.

The Daily News reported that MLB officials aren't sure where their investigation will lead or what action they would take if they find Bonds has violated baseball's rules.

Bonds has 703 career home runs, 11 behind Babe Ruth and 52 from tying Hank Aaron's career record.

Shit Going Bad (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNWZic251BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-giants-bonds-investigation&prov=ap&type=lgns)

POJO_Risin
05-08-2005, 02:17 AM
It's Karma...

Instant Karma's gonna get you...

and it might be time for a grade a asshole...

to get his Karma...

ALinChainz
05-08-2005, 02:19 AM
Ouch too if the old IRS gets involved.

POJO_Risin
05-08-2005, 02:22 AM
Didn't it happen to Strawberry?...didn't he end up in the pen even after Steiny gave him the 100 grand to pay it off?

ALinChainz
05-08-2005, 02:24 AM
Pretty sure of it.

Bonds even bigger money I bet.

Using his own doctors ... all smells kind of bad.

Should be interesting.

ALinChainz
05-08-2005, 02:29 AM
The term I keep reading about the Giants front office is they are "freaking out".

POJO_Risin
05-08-2005, 02:31 AM
and BIG...

using his own doctors...hmmmm...

you know...the funny thing here...

I was reading an article the other day...and the guy that was being interviewed said that the money that is being put into performance enhancers is 100 times more than pro sports puts into fighting them...

and that baseball's tests will always be 6 months to a year behind what's out...and they'll be testing for the wrong things...and they won't be detectable...

he went on to say that cream and that other shit still AREN'T detectable...and the only people that have been caught are the ones that were squealed on...

it's hilarious...

he compared it to an alergy test...when you go in and they prick you with all those different kinds of allergies...and a few come up positive...

and the rest don't...

he said it's a lot like testing you for a grass allergy...when you are allergic to dogs...

nothing comes up...

that's what makes the doctor deal smell really bad...

POJO_Risin
05-08-2005, 02:33 AM
Man...I have to say that baseball is doing some interesting things to keep him out...

how long before Bonds is throwing Civil Suits...

ALinChainz
05-08-2005, 02:37 AM
It won't be long ... if baseball is all that's on his ass.

IRS might slow it down a touch.

Shit could get real ugly in this whole thing.

POJO_Risin
05-08-2005, 04:06 AM
It's already ugly...and fucking Bonds is the poster boy...

you get rid of the cancer...and the problem is solved though...

I have a feeling that this time...Bonds' issues will be around for years...and be hard for baseball to overcome...

Va Beach VH Fan
05-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy...

Of course, you realize, it's all the media's fault.....

I personally couldn't give a shit less that this doctor has a questionable record, it's Bonds' fucking knee, let him fuck it up...

But I agree with you guys, once the IRS gets involved, he could be in deep kimchee....

blueturk
05-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Whatever it takes to keep the fucking asshole from breaking Aaron's record. Fuck Bonds.

Bob_R
05-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy...

Of course, you realize, it's all the media's fault.....

LOL! ** thumbs up **

Brett
05-08-2005, 02:11 PM
This is indeed great news.

Bill Lumbergh
05-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
It's Karma...

Instant Karma's gonna get you...

and it might be time for a grade a asshole...

to get his Karma...

Karma is bullshit. Newborn babies who havent done shit to anyone die, and killers live happy stress free lives and never get caught.

Bill Lumbergh
05-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Brett
This is indeed great news. In fact it's so good it gives me a tingling sensation all over.........Kinda like when I blasted a load all over my sisters face for the first time! Man, cleaning that shit up was a bitch, but well worth the trouble!! Well, back to my shit stain site.........

Bill Lumbergh
05-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
Whatever it takes to keep the fucking asshole from breaking Aaron's record. Fuck Bonds.

Yeah right redneck.........I'm sure you consider Ruth the true record holder anyway, right? "Damn theesee niiggeersss!! Wasnntt thh rite ta vote anuf?!"