PDA

View Full Version : Ok, who here played Symphony of the Night?

Anonymous
05-08-2005, 02:39 AM
Rite, most of you probably heard about the Castlevania series - even if only for the old Nintendo. Well, it just so happens that Konami released a true classic for the Playstation 1 - Symphony of the Night. Not only a masterpiece in gameplay and old school 2D graphics, but also in MUSIC.

To tell you the truth, I got pretty amazed at the soundtrack of said game - it has ev'rything, from pop-like Castlevania standard themes to true classical masterpieces (ands I know what I'm talkin' 'bout. I have a pretty decent classical colection I keep listening to) with a bit of Heavy Metal with a scent of Gothic Metal added in the mixture.

Therefore, it's no small wonder Vanessa Mae agreed to play 'Dance of Pales' of said game - although some of you may argue she would play anything depending on the amount of money. And you're probably right. By the way, I have the mp3, if any of you are interested. Yngwie Malmsteen - yes, YNGWIE - has also played an excerpt of the Castlevania II music on the guitar (duh), for added factoids. And Cradle of Filth too, by the way...

So, who here is a fan of the series or just this game? It seems to be the high point point of the series, although - or maybe because - the main character is not a Belmont, but Alucard (aka Adrian Farenheit Tepes, son of Dracula). Prety ridiculous name, ey? Helluva character, though. Kicks ass like no other.

Cheers! :bottle:

The Scatologist
05-12-2005, 04:02 AM
Haha, yeah I remember that game. It kicked ass. It was rare at the time because all these games from the playstation and on are all these 3-D games with no game play at all.

I miss the good old days when games were based on fun and not graphics.

I've barely even played my playstation 2. In fact, I think it's been like over a year since I last touched it, and barely even played it before too.

Well, I listen to music from a playstation 2 game quite frequently though, and I had fun playing it.

It's called Guilty Gear. It's basically a fighting game made by Hard Rock fans. There's even a freakin Axl Rose look a like named Axl Low.

It has kick ass music done by real musicians with real instruments. Probably some of the best metal music ever made.

Now if only they would make a Vince Neil look a like named "Vince Kneel", then maybe i'll touch my PS2 again and the fun would begin lol.

Or maybe Dave Vs Sammy.

here's some songs from the game btw, try listening to em.

Primal Light (http://mysite.verizon.net/res7b0sr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/primallight.mp3)

Meet Again (http://mysite.verizon.net/res7b0sr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/meetagain.mp3)

right click and save

Anonymous
05-13-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by The Scatologist
I miss the good old days when games were based on fun and not graphics.

Well, nowadays there's alot of games with grate gameplay. The GTA and the Prince of Persia series are a fine example. But I agree, when 3D came out it sucked big time! Two grate things about Symphony of the Night was its gameplay - ironically the weakest feature in the entire Castlevania series - and its amazing 2D graphics.

I listened to those songs, by the way, and you're right - they ROCK!

Cheers! :bottle: