PDA

View Full Version : Schenker pulls out of Malmsteen tour

Shaun Ponsonby
05-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Michael Schenker has posted the following message on his official web site:

"I am sorry to tell you that I have to cancel MSG's upcoming tour with YNGWIE MALMSTEEN. It has turned out to be a catastrophe. The tour I agreed to was a co-headline deal with Yngwie closing the show. I was fine with this because he plays so loud and it would tend to deafen the delicate ears of my fans. However, reports have been coming in via e-mail, by phone, etc., that I was advertised only as a special guest. Yngwie himself was advertising it on his website that way too. MSG was not even mentioned on the London Hammersmith tickets. This is an insult to MSG and myself

"I consulted with my brother Rudolph and he who usually finds a positive way out suggested that I should not do these concerts. I was hoping that it could have been straightened out, but, to date this situation has not been corrected. I need 20 days to put this unique event — 25 Years MSG celebration set — together and cannot at this late date. This tour could have been saved, but, people are not working in my best interest. I co-headlined with JOE SATRIANI in '97 and there is no reason why this tour should have been any different and that is how it was presented to me.

"The 25 years MSG celebration album — 'Tales of Rock 'n' Roll' — is almost mixed. Leif [Sundin] and Chris [Logan] are working on the last song and we will have all singers of the total 25-year career of MSG on this CD. It is an exciting and fantastic album."

Big baby.

Coyote
05-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
delicate ears of my fans.

What? He's gonna do an acoustic gig or something?

Play it LOOUD, Mike!!

Shaun Ponsonby
05-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Dunno, ask him.

Soul Reaper
05-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Well, I forgot about that concert and didn't get tickets. I wanted to see Yngwie and Schenker so bad!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Hardrock69
05-08-2005, 06:46 PM
Man...Mikey is getting screwed over so much these days....

Talk about someone who should have had a huge career...instead he is an almost unknown as far as the music-buying public is concerned...

bueno bob
05-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Too loud?

Delicate ears of his fans?

Maybe he can go join Blackmore's Night on tour then...

Shaun Ponsonby
05-09-2005, 01:00 PM
:D

DLR82VH
05-09-2005, 01:02 PM
Well I can see if he got screwed by someone and not be billed as a co-healinder thats one thing.

To say Yngwie plays to loud is stupid.......it's gotta be loud I don't wanna see a show where I can't hear anything because its to soft.

Soul Reaper
05-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Schenker is pretty soft. Music is MEANT to be LOUD!

ThrillsNSpills
05-09-2005, 01:17 PM
His album Be Aware of Scorpions is tremendous.

That one can't be played softly.

ELVIS
05-11-2005, 04:59 AM
Michael Schenker sounds like a mental case...

DLR82VH
05-11-2005, 05:18 AM
Well you know what they say............If its to loud your to damn old. :p