PDA

View Full Version : Me and My Girlfreind are starting a garden.,

Jesterstar
05-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Yea the whole gang thing was a troll. OWNED

Now onto more important things.

Anyone here have a Garden??? I'm looking to have pretty even spread of Vegatables. So far this is what I am thinking.

Corn

Carrots

Cucumbers

Eggplant(Not sure if that grows well in the Northeast)

Horshradish

Beans

Squash

Zuccinni

Turnip

I think that is a good start but since it's my first shot at this and my first time having a yard I would like to just have small amounts of lots of differant things. Anyone Grow a Garden??? If so What did you find successful and what wasn't.

Also I thinking of adding a small Worm Box to fertalize the soil with. Anyone know what type of worms to use for this??? I was just going to go to a bait shop and get some night crawlers but I have heard that red Wigglers are better for making fertile soil.

Guitar Shark
05-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Jesterstar

What a shock!

Jesterstar
05-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Yep I know that Lounge Loser is probably crying in his Bacon sandwish over this whole thing.

LoungeMachine
05-09-2005, 12:40 PM

What a fucking liar you are.

If someone hacked in and used your screen name to start that bullshit thread you'd be screaming like the little bitch you are.

just like last time.

Now you're "starting a garden" with her?

What a tool.

You're a bullshit loser Jizzy. Plain and simple

Mod?
Webbie?

What happened dumbass?

Jesterstar
05-09-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
What a fucking liar you are.

Mod?
Webbie?

What happened dumbass?

The Same thing that happened to your music Career.............NOTHING.

OWNED AGAIN FAT ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bueno bob
05-09-2005, 02:20 PM
I've grown all that stuff previously, in my garden, short of the horseradish...basically, as is true with all things in life, the amount of success you have doing any sort of gardening is basically going to revolve on how much time you invest in it. During my time with gardening, I was generally up by about 6 AM and out the door, doing the usual...weeding, straightening, collecting potato bugs and other assorted pests, tilling up the soil, watering, the usual work that goes with it...on average, I would finish up at about noon (we had a fairly large garden, you could say!).

It's a lot of fun, though, and grate exercise. On a personal note, I found it really rewarding to be able to make a grate meal that you yourself took the time to grow and raise. Moreover, it's just a lot of fun, but it's a lot of work, too...I'm a big fan of growing your own, and if I actually owned any property locally I'd probably still be doing it.

Good luck with it.

Rikk
05-09-2005, 02:23 PM
I once grew a plant. Its name was Terrence.

bueno bob
05-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
I once grew a plant. Its name was Terrence.

What happened with it?

Rikk
05-09-2005, 02:30 PM
He had to go fight in the war and was killed by the enemy. I told myself I'd never get remarried, but there's this dandelion I've had my eye on for a while...

bueno bob
05-09-2005, 02:31 PM
He had to go fight in the war and was killed by the enemy. I told myself I'd never get remarried, but there's this dandelion I've had my eye on for a while...

Don't feel too guilty. Sometimes it's best to just move on with your life.

I'm sure that, somewhere, Terrance will understand and be happy for you.

Jesterstar
05-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I've grown all that stuff previously, in my garden, short of the horseradish...basically, as is true with all things in life, the amount of success you have doing any sort of gardening is basically going to revolve on how much time you invest in it. During my time with gardening, I was generally up by about 6 AM and out the door, doing the usual...weeding, straightening, collecting potato bugs and other assorted pests, tilling up the soil, watering, the usual work that goes with it...on average, I would finish up at about noon (we had a fairly large garden, you could say!).

It's a lot of fun, though, and grate exercise. On a personal note, I found it really rewarding to be able to make a grate meal that you yourself took the time to grow and raise. Moreover, it's just a lot of fun, but it's a lot of work, too...I'm a big fan of growing your own, and if I actually owned any property locally I'd probably still be doing it.

Good luck with it.

My Main concern is growing things to close together. Is there a way to Gauge things to know how long their root system needs to grow.

bueno bob
05-09-2005, 02:43 PM
My Main concern is growing things to close together. Is there a way to Gauge things to know how long their root system needs to grow.

Kind of depends on how much land space you're working with...what I'd do in your case is bust down to your local bookstore and pick up the latest copy of the Farmers Almanac...or something comparable to it; all the answers you need (and more) should be in it. It's a worthwhile investment for you, trust me there.

Jesterstar
05-09-2005, 02:47 PM
I think my grandma has a copy. I'll see if i can borrow it.

American Gypsy
05-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Most seeding outlets can advise you on he proper staking distance. It's also important to remember that there are edible plants that have particular soil needs.
Some plants just don't grow well in the same bed as others.
Most plants of the nightshade variety also secrete substances through thier roots to inhibit the growth of other plants.( only for self-preservation, of course.)
Ask your local handler about what plants should be positioned where.
Have a nice day!

Guitar Shark
05-09-2005, 02:50 PM
I think my grandma has a cock. I'll see if i can borrow it.

Sounds good, dude, have fun with that.

FORD
05-09-2005, 02:58 PM
I think I need to go find some mushrooms so I can understand this thread.......

Jesterstar
05-09-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by American Gypsy
Most seeding outlets can advise you on he proper staking distance. It's also important to remember that there are edible plants that have particular soil needs.
Some plants just don't grow well in the same bed as others.
Most plants of the nightshade variety also secrete substances through thier roots to inhibit the growth of other plants.( only for self-preservation, of course.)
Ask your local handler about what plants should be positioned where.
Have a nice day!

That's interesting. I wonder if I should Segragate(For lack of a better term) The plants. I'd really like to try small amounts of differant ones. But I might just have to stick with a few core ones. There is more to think about than I thought.

bueno bob
05-09-2005, 03:29 PM
That's interesting. I wonder if I should Segragate(For lack of a better term) The plants. I'd really like to try small amounts of differant ones. But I might just have to stick with a few core ones. There is more to think about than I thought.

It can be an involved process for sure. A recent Farmers Almanac should have most all of the answers you need, especially for a first timer. Well worth the look.

Jesterstar
05-09-2005, 03:48 PM
You seem to know what your talking about. My Grandfather would plan his winters on that thing.

Hardrock69
05-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Go buy a book on growing pot. It will tell you everything you need to know. Oh yeah...and grow some opium poppies and some coca leaves as well....

:D

bueno bob
05-09-2005, 03:56 PM
You seem to know what your talking about. My Grandfather would plan his winters on that thing.

lol, in this instance I might. I grew up on a farm and spent a LOT of time working in the garden, among other things....we had horses, goats, ducks, chickens, geese, turkeys, rabbits, pigs, cows, you name it...if I wasn't raising them I was slaughtering them out...in between running electric fence lines, working in the flower beds, controlled field burns, cleaning out gutters, mowing, splitting wood, digging ditches, baling hay, on and on.

Kept me busy as a kid, if nothing else.

Jesterstar
05-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
lol, in this instance I might. I grew up on a farm and spent a LOT of time working in the garden, among other things....we had horses, goats, ducks, chickens, geese, turkeys, rabbits, pigs, cows, you name it...if I wasn't raising them I was slaughtering them out...in between running electric fence lines, working in the flower beds, controlled field burns, cleaning out gutters, mowing, splitting wood, digging ditches, baling hay, on and on.

Kept me busy as a kid, if nothing else.

The first 8 years of my life my grandfather had a farm. Small about at the most 25 cattle. we did the chicken thing also. He had the worst shit spreader and when I would ride with him we'd both wind up covered in shit and laughing out ass;s off.

LoungeMachine
05-09-2005, 04:29 PM
This is entering katydid territory

Grow a brain for starters.

Jesterstar
05-09-2005, 04:53 PM

Quit Spamming my thread with your mindless bullshit. If I did grow a brain i'd give it to you and get my act of charity out of the way for the next decade.

Why don't you go and see if you can get your old band "Night Ranger" back together. Fag/

Rikk
05-09-2005, 04:54 PM

LOUNGE MACHINE, can we have a serious gardening thread with your fighting crap?

Jesterstar
05-09-2005, 04:57 PM

That is what I am saying. I START ONE GOOD NICE THREAD. And that Fat Fuck tries to sink it down to his level.

Can we get a webmaster in here to tell him to grow the fuck up???

Warham
05-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Jester's trying to be human for once. Maybe he's turned the corner. I'd give him a break for now.

Rikk
05-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Ah, but would BOBA FETT do that??:D

Jesterstar
05-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Hey I put a nice thread out there. Now lounge makes me just want to delete it. Because of him being a dick.

Anyone else have any real Suggestions on how to grow healthy vegatables???

twonabomber
05-09-2005, 05:42 PM

Can we get a webmaster in here to tell him to grow the fuck up???

i thought you were a webmaster?

PWN3D by not remembering to stay in character, dumbass...

LoungeMachine
05-09-2005, 06:36 PM

Anyone else have any real Suggestions on how to grow healthy vegatables???

Ask your parents, you have the intelligence of the avg. veggie.

Maybe learning to spell VEGETABLES would be a good start:rolleyes:

And fuck you and your "gardening" thread.

You put your "girlfriend" in the thread title just to let everyone know you were full of shit.

dumbass.

You said you live in an apt. Not much room for a veggie garden in the projects.

So quit your whining you little tool.

Or BAN me like you said you would weeks ago, mr. webmaster:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
05-09-2005, 06:37 PM

If I did grow a brain i'd give it to you and get my act of charity out of the way for the next decade.

If wishing made it so:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
05-09-2005, 06:39 PM

sure:cool:

LoungeMachine
05-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
i thought you were a webmaster?

PWN3D by not remembering to stay in character, dumbass...

Double off the wall.....2 runners score

LoungeMachine
05-09-2005, 06:41 PM

Why don't you go and see if you can get your old band "Night Ranger" back together. Fag/

Night Ranger?

you're cuntfused again

Im Kip Winger, remember:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
05-09-2005, 06:52 PM
That's interesting. I wonder if I should Segragate(For lack of a better term)

For lack of a dictionary would be more like it.

why bother with the big words?

just konsentrate on the ezy wuns furst:rolleyes:

Rikk
05-09-2005, 06:53 PM
LOUNGE, go punch a bag or something. We were going to talk about turnips until you ruined a perfectly good thread.

Idiot.

LoungeMachine
05-09-2005, 06:58 PM
LOUNGE, go punch a bag or something. We were going to talk about turnips until you ruined a perfectly good thread.

Idiot.

Turnips and mustards should be planted as soon as the soil can be worked in the spring. Mustard and turnip seeds will sprout if the soil temperature is 40o or higher. For a fall crop start planting 8 to 10 weeks before the first expected frost. In South Texas and coastal areas turnips and mustard grow well all winter.

Just before planting, drag the top off of the ridges with a rake or hoe. This widens the planting bed to 8 to 10 inches. It also allows the seed to be planted in moist soil This is very important when planting the fall crop.

If the ridges are made on 3 foot centers for planting other vegetables, two rows of mustard and turnips can be planted on each ridge. Plant one row down each side of the ridge.

Cover the seeds lightly with soft soil or compost. Sprinkle with water to speed sprouting. When planting for a fall crop, cover the seeds with sand or light colored mulch to keep the row cool. Sprinkle the row lightly with water to prevent soil crusting until the small plants break through. Under good conditions most of the plants should be up in 3 to 7 days.

To have a continuous supply of fresh, tender mustard and turnip greens, make two or three plantings 10 days apart.

Mustard and turnip should be planted in full sun, if possible. Mustard works well as a border to a flower bed or sidewalk. Both the broadleaf and curled leaf varieties are attractive and add green to a flower bed Mustard and turnip greens are easily grown in window boxes and containers on an apartment balcony or patio.

go fuck a panther rikk

:cool:

Jesterstar
05-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Wow talk about Cock Envy. Lounge Machine can't stand the fact that I owned His bitch ass. THis is how he acts. Pathetic.

LoungeMachine
05-09-2005, 07:00 PM
LOUNGE, go punch a bag or something. We were going to talk about FAB until you ruined a perfectly good thread.

Idiot.

moron

LoungeMachine
05-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Wow talk about Cock Envy. Lounge Machine can't stand the fact that I owned His bitch ass. THis is how he acts. Pathetic.

Still cant scrape enough money together to publish your lame songs?

bummer:cool:

Maybe you can sell enough turnips at market to be a real musician:rolleyes:

Jesterstar
05-09-2005, 07:03 PM
Still cant scrape enough money together to publish your lame songs?

bummer:cool:

Maybe you can sell enough turnips at market to be a real musician:rolleyes:
ACtually I'm Reformating. Getting a fEw new High Tech instraments. Things you dwouldn't know about., Fag.

LoungeMachine
05-09-2005, 07:04 PM
ACtually I'm Reformating. Getting a fEw new High Tech instraments. Things you dwouldn't know about., Fag.

You're right

I don't know about INSTRAMENTS

High tech or otherwise:rolleyes:

fucking idiot

LoungeMachine
05-09-2005, 07:07 PM
ACtually I'm Reformating.

Moving up from cassettes now?:D

kewl, dude:cool:

just like them real moozishuns and their instraments

Dr. Love
Looks like Jizzy is in denial about his girlfriend leaving him.

Rikk
go fuck a panther rikk

:)

LOUNGE MACHINE: (whining) Ah, I hate all this fighting. Quit fighting everyone. My god, how many threads with fighting do we have to see.

ANONYMOUS POSTER: It's okay, LOUNGE. The fighting is over.

LOUNGE MACHINE: (grinning) Thank god that things are back to normal around here. Now pardon me while I start my 132nd thread on JESTERSTAR for this month because everyone loves to read it so much and it never gets tiring.

Jesterstar
I know you don't you fucking ideot. Fag. Loser. Stop SPAMMING MY THREAD ATTEMPTING NOT TO OWN EVERYONE.

Rikk
05-09-2005, 07:09 PM
moron

Who's talking about her, you pinhead?:p

Jesus Christ, you spend 75% of your time attacking a guy that seems to anger you just because he declares that you're "OWN3D".

Now that wasn't a bad paste job on turnips. Let's discuss spinach.

Jesterstar
05-09-2005, 07:10 PM
WHO IS GOING TO TOSS MY SALAD!!!!!!!

LoungeMachine
05-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Looks like Jizzy is in denial about his girlfriend leaving him.

But they're gardening together.

It's so cute

Jesterstar
05-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Unlike you who's woman get's ignored while you obsess over your true love.............JESTERSTAR.

Dr. Love
05-09-2005, 11:28 PM
DENIAL - Stage 1 (of 7)

Jizzystar, you are here.

Nitro Express
05-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Rule number one about gardening is soil preparation. If you have real rocky soil, I highly suggest using grow boxes instead. For other soil types you want to mix in some peat moss and some well aged cow shit (you can buy this in bags from any good garden supply place). There's all sorts of fertalizer on the market but if you till in some manure each spring you don't need any of that stuff. It takes years to build up good soil, it can't be done in one season. I never messed with worms. If find they tend to be in the soil naturally as you build up the organic matter in it. Till in the cow shit, peat moss, and dirt down 4-6". Break up the big clods and then rake it even. You want fine planting soil on top.

Corn takes quite a bit of room. Spinach and peas need to be planted early when it's still cold or they don't do well. Each thing you plant has it's own specific problems. Slugs, snails, and insects can be a real problem. You need to check on your garden and weed it every couple of days. A good garden is high maintenance and there is no way around that. You can mix preamurgiance into the soil to cut down on weeds or use weed cloth or plastic. If you have a big garden, plant the rows far enough apart so you can use a rototiller to weed if you have one.

Places like Home Depot and Lowes have good gardening books that go more into the details. What's imortant to know is no chemical fertilizer or soil additive can replace what good compost or shit can do for your soil. Miracle Grow even suggests using dung in the soil along with their product. I've never used Miriacle Grow in my life.

You will probably have to spray your garden for insects. I always had the best luck with the products made by Ortho. I've tried lady bugs and other organic methods. They really are hit and miss. My lady bugs went to my nieghbors garden and didn't do shit for mine.

If slugs are a problem, pour some beer into a shallow pan. Slugs are huge beer drinkers and they crawl into the beer to drink it and drown. If you have a dog, I found the dog drinks the beer and it doesn't work.

Nitro Express
05-10-2005, 12:10 AM
The second important factor in gardening is good seed. Avoid buying your seed from superstores like Wal-Mart. I have found the seed to be inferior and some of it grows poorly if not at all. Buy commercial grade seed from a farm/ranch supply or a reputable nursery.

You can do everything right but if the seeds are shit, nothing happens.

Hardrock69
05-10-2005, 12:46 AM
FUCK VEGETABLES!!!

GROW FUCKING POT!!!!

Hardrock69
05-10-2005, 12:48 AM

Roy Munson
05-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Fuckin' plants and shit will grow anywhere.

LoungeMachine
05-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
Fuckin' plants and shit will grow anywhere.

This stupid thread has NOTHING whatsoever to do with gardening.

It's just a little troll/attention whore trying to let people in here know his "girlfriend" ame back after his begging, crying, and groveling.

He couldn't plant a shit without hitting pavement. He lives in the projects for Christ's sake.:rolleyes:

He also pretends to be a webmaster and ban people.

:cool:

blonddgirl777
05-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Gardening...
First, I thought na...
Well O.K., let's talk about weed!

But nope! There has to be fighting?
I'm outta here!!!!!

:o