PDA

View Full Version : I Gotta Get Me a Kitty.....

classicdude
05-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Woman Gets $45,000 Verdict After Dog Kills Cat

POSTED: 1:50 pm CDT May 9, 2005

SEATTLE -- A Seattle man calls a $45,000 verdict against him and his dog "absolutely crazy."

Paula Roemer sued him after the dog attacked and killed her 12-year-old cat in her back yard last year. The lawsuit said the Chow had repeatedly escaped in the past.

She said the death of her black and white cat left her with sleep disturbances, panic attacks and depression -- leading her to smoke heavily. Her lawyer says the award included $30,000 for Yofi the cat's special value and $15,000 for emotional distress.

Dog owner Wallace Gray said he's "sorry she lost her cat" but said he had no control over what happened.

Yofi's owner said she doubts she'll see any of the money, but will donate anything she does collect to an animal protection group.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

bueno bob
05-11-2005, 10:31 AM
She'll never see a dime of it. It'll be overturned in the first appeal (which is absolutely should be - I mean, really, sleep disturbances? Panic attacks? Depression? Led her to start smoking? Fucking please...might as well have said it gave her the shits too).

DLR82VH
05-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Wow holy shit........that much for a fuckin cat??? Does this mean I can sue assholes that run over my dogs???