PDA

View Full Version : Halliburton Gets $72M BONUS FROM THE ARMY!

Nickdfresh
05-11-2005, 07:32 AM
May 11, 2005

Halliburton Is Awarded $72 Million in Bonuses
The Army defends the extra payment for the firm's Iraq work, which has come under fire.

From Reuters

WASHINGTON — The Army said Tuesday that it had awarded $72 million in bonuses to Halliburton Co. for logistics work in Iraq.

In a second statement later, the Army said that although it had paid the $72 million, it had denied $10.1 million more in bonuses to Halliburton unit KBR and had not paid the maximum allowed on any of six task orders it reviewed.

Sen. Frank R. Lautenberg (D-N.J.), a vocal critic of Halliburton's performance in Iraq, said the company did not deserve a bonus.

"It is outrageous that the Bush administration would give Halliburton a bonus after we have seen its overcharges, sloppy accounting and kickback schemes in Iraq," Lautenberg said. "Giving Halliburton a bonus is like giving your worst employee a raise."

KBR's logistics deal with the U.S. military has been in the spotlight from the outset in Iraq, with auditors saying it may have overcharged for some work, including dining services.

The Army said dining facility costs questioned by auditors from the Defense Contract Audit Agency had not yet been considered.

Last month, the Army said it would keep $55.1 million in a food service billing dispute with the company.

In addition, investigators are looking into whether the Texas-based firm charged too much to supply fuel to Iraqi civilians, which Halliburton denies.

Halliburton, formerly run by Vice President Dick Cheney, has earned more than $7 billion under its 2001 logistics contract with the military.

Much of the work is on a cost-plus basis, which means the company can earn up to 2% extra depending on its performance.

Link (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-halliburton11may11,0,5085746.story?coll=la-home-world)

Fucking corrupt scumbags! SHAMEFUL!
http://www.sea-urchin.net/radiobaghdad/pics/cheney.jpg

BigBadBrian
05-11-2005, 08:02 AM
Congrats on a job well done. :gulp:

DrMaddVibe
05-11-2005, 08:07 AM
I shudder to think what would've happened if we waited for the government contracts to get bid on and secured. I wonder what the cost would've been to piecemeal this up and the death toll if they hadn't got the contract?

Talk about an army being stretched thin...THAT would've done it for sure. Enter a corporation that was able to hit the ground running, already in place with security clearances, logistics and manpower ready to do its job.

Warham
05-11-2005, 08:33 AM
All the libs conveniently forget to mention that Halliburton is only one of a HANDFUL of companies in the WORLD who can do that kind of work. The make it seem like just any old small company can bid on government contracts and go into Iraq and other wartorn areas with no logistical problems.

:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
05-11-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

Enter a corporation that was able to hit the ground running, already in place with security clearances, logistics and manpower ready to do its job.

Wow, what a coincidence

It's almost as if they knew well in advance this was coming:rolleyes:

Good thing this happened, or those "security clearances" would have just gone to waste.

Shudder to think

DrMaddVibe
05-11-2005, 12:45 PM
For the sake of a good arguement...who would you rather see awarded the contracts? Would you prefer the military handle it on their own? Ever actually bid on a government contract?

FORD
05-11-2005, 03:06 PM
For the sake of a good arguement...who would you rather see awarded the contracts? Would you prefer the military handle it on their own? Ever actually bid on a government contract?

I'd rather see the BCE driven military industrial complex (aka the self-perpetuating war machine), of which Halliburton is a huge part, cease to exist altogether.

I'd rather see the US military defend only the United States, and not be forced to do the bidding of greedy corporations, or Likud terrorists.

I'd rather see companies such as Halliburton, Bechtel, Blackwater, and other CIA/BCE fronts go entirely bankrupt as they contribute NOTHING beneficial to this world.

DrMaddVibe
05-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks for choosing to NOT answer the questions but ramble on about what you'd like.

Guitar Shark
05-11-2005, 03:07 PM
You didn't answer the question, FORDypoo.

Nickdfresh
05-11-2005, 03:45 PM
How about making Halliburton pay back some of the over charges (for food, gasoline) instead of rewarding them?

Nickdfresh
05-11-2005, 03:47 PM
And can someone explain why we spend more on defense ($422 Billion a year) than the next ten countries combined?

Is that just another gasoline tax?;)

Warham
05-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Well, Nick, we basically pay for Mexico's and Canada's defense right now.

Nickdfresh
05-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Warham

No. No we don't. They contribute fighters and military officers to NORAD.

We can't blame them, it's paying for Israel's defense that is killing our economy.

DrMaddVibe
05-11-2005, 06:20 PM
So we shouldn't be helping Israel?

Nickdfresh
05-11-2005, 06:26 PM

So we shouldn't be helping CANADA/MEXICO?

Angel
05-11-2005, 06:30 PM

The only countries either Mexico or Canada is at risk from is you guys...and NO, YOU ARE NOT PAYING FOR OURS!

Angel
05-11-2005, 06:30 PM

In a word? NO.

How about you help the Palestinians for a change? Oh right, they're not rich enough, and they don't run your fucking country.

Nickdfresh
05-11-2005, 06:33 PM

Okay, I'll answer the question.

The answer is yes actually, AFTER THEY HELP THEMSELVES BY DEALING WITH THE PALESTINIANS!

We should also sacrifice our National Security by continuing to allow Mexican migrant workers in unimpeded as well.

Warham
05-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Angel
The only countries either Mexico or Canada is at risk from is you guys...and NO, YOU ARE NOT PAYING FOR OURS!

Angel, if the US wanted to bury your country's ass, it would have done so many moons ago. It wouldn't even be a challenge. I think the a small country like Japan would be more of a challenge. Hell, it was back in the '40s!If some country like China came over to Canada to invade, you guys up there would be done...cooked...adios. And who would come to bail your ass out?

Angel
05-11-2005, 06:49 PM
What you forget is that YOU are not our only ally. We have the entire FUCKING WORLD on our side.

Our only real threat right now is from you guys...Who would bail our ass out? The entire fucking world would... we make friends not enemies, love not war...

It's time we brought our military back to our old glory... the peacekeeping has made many forget how formidable our soldiers are.

Do you know how much you rely on us for your goods? We're your biggest trading partner, and you guys would be toast if we called in your debts. But, we can't because of the global ramifications...

Military might isn't everything you know. ;)

And yes, it would be a challenge. A large portion of your population can't even find Canada on a fucking map!

Warham
05-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Back to glory? When was Canada's army ever up to snuff?

I seem to remember in history class hearing about the French, German, and English armies, even the Viet Kong, but I don't seem to remember the supremacy of the Canadian Army.

You'll have to fill me in on Canada's historical conquests.

Nickdfresh
05-11-2005, 06:59 PM

I seem to remember in history class hearing about the French, German, and English armies, even the Viet Kong, but I don't seem to remember the supremacy of the Canadian Army.

Actually they had a good reputation fighting in both Normandy and Italy during WWII.;)

DrMaddVibe
05-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Yeah the image of FDR, Churchill, and Stalin...ooops seems like someone forgot to tell Prime Minister Mackenzie King it was picture day!

Warham
05-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Canada's military spending is just slightly larger than Antarctica's.

:D

DrMaddVibe
05-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Oh...here he is!

"When I was formally shown into the room which Herr Hitler received me, he quietly and pleasantly said he was pleased to see me in Germany"- W.L. Mackenzie King’s Diary, June 29, 1937.

DrMaddVibe
05-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Canada's military spending is just slightly larger than Antarctica's.

:D

It's all those damn pesky indians fault too! They'd probably have enough currency to keep the NHL in Canada too if it wasn't for the rifle and bullets they had to buy in '89!

BigBadBrian
05-11-2005, 08:02 PM

Yes....we do. Europe's also. It's time for the fucking welfare to stop and you bastards to start paying your own way.

Get off your fat asses.

:gulp:

BigBadBrian
05-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Actually they had a good reputation fighting in both Normandy and Italy during WWII.;)

Then there was the Canadian boondoggle at Dieppe. :rolleyes:

BigBadBrian
05-11-2005, 08:13 PM

And yes, it would be a challenge. A large portion of your population can't even find Canada on a fucking map!

They think of Canada dearly when they wipe their asses made of toilet paper cut from your dear virgin forests though! :D

Nickdfresh
05-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Yes....we do. Europe's also. It's time for the fucking welfare to stop and you bastards to start paying your own way.

Get off your fat asses.

They use less oil than we do, and charge much more for it.

Nickdfresh
05-11-2005, 08:45 PM

That was more of a British "boondoggle."

And you could say the same about early American boondoggles at Pearl harbor and Bataan.

Nickdfresh
05-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Oh...here he is!

"When I was formally shown into the room which Herr Hitler received me, he quietly and pleasantly said he was pleased to see me in Germany"- W.L. Mackenzie King’s Diary, June 29, 1937.

The Canadians were also fighting Hitler two years later (1939), while we were sitting on the sidelines scratching our isolationalist asses (until almost 1942)!

GAR
05-11-2005, 08:51 PM
.. that's because Canada took to long to kick the wars' ass.

Angel
05-12-2005, 03:11 PM

Actually, Dieppe came first. And the lessons learned from the Dieppe mistakes were what made further attacks by the ALLIES successful.

Angel
05-12-2005, 06:47 PM
They think of Canada dearly when they wipe their asses made of toilet paper cut from your dear virgin forests though! :D

Nah, we get the stuff from the virgin forests, we only export the stuff that we recycle from the waste management plants. :D

Angel
05-12-2005, 06:49 PM

Get off your fat asses.

OH please, what welfare? Do you have any CLUE what keeps you warm at night? Do you know where your oil, natural gas, water, etc comes from. It's about time you bastards got off your fat asses if you ask me. How much $$ does your country owe us anyway? ;)

Angel
05-12-2005, 06:53 PM

Perhaps you'd better look into the War of 1812; the Plains of Abraham; WWI & WWII. Don't forget Afghanistan while your at. WWII specifically, take a look at the Netherlands. Funny, our veterans got a huge welcome and thank you last week, your president was met by protestors. Go to the Netherlands or Juno Beach and tell them that Canadian soldiers are useless... I guarantee your eyes will be opened.

BigBadBrian
05-12-2005, 10:25 PM
OH please, what welfare? Do you have any CLUE what keeps you warm at night? Do you know where your oil, natural gas, water, etc comes from. It's about time you bastards got off your fat asses if you ask me. How much $$ does your country owe us anyway? ;)

Nothing. Consider that payment for Protection Services Rendered.

BigBadBrian
05-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
That was more of a British "boondoggle."

And you could say the same about early American boondoggles at Pearl harbor and Bataan.

You mean under a Democratic President? :D

rochesterdr
05-14-2005, 12:35 AM
The real people who should be getting big fat bonus checks are the servicemembers who are overseas. Halliburton is getting paid extra for doing a shoddy job and that is bullshit. The average KBR worker gets paid somewhere around $100k a year and can leave whenever they feel like it. A soldier, who's only option is to follow orders or be court martialed, makes around $20k a year and is in far more danger than 99% of Halliburton's employees. No fucking wonder the Army is missing its recruiting goals by huge numbers. Our government treats them like numbers that are simply filling slots and they reward the president's buddies with even fatter wallets. fucking Bullshit...

Nickdfresh
05-14-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by rochesterdr
The real people who should be getting big fat bonus checks are the servicemembers who are overseas. Halliburton is getting paid extra for doing a shoddy job and that is bullshit. The average KBR worker gets paid somewhere around $100k a year and can leave whenever they feel like it. A soldier, who's only option is to follow orders or be court martialed, makes around $20k a year and is in far more danger than 99% of Halliburton's employees. No fucking wonder the Army is missing its recruiting goals by huge numbers. Our government treats them like numbers that are simply filling slots and they reward the president's buddies with even fatter wallets. fucking Bullshit...

Hmmm...From a guy who's actually been there. Imagine that!

ODShowtime
05-14-2005, 11:02 AM
No fucking wonder the Army is missing its recruiting goals by huge numbers. Our government treats them like numbers that are simply filling slots and they reward the president's buddies with even fatter wallets. fucking Bullshit...

does this surprise you?

rochesterdr
05-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
does this surprise you?

No, it's par for the course, really. I'm so disappointed with the current administration and how they've handled the whole thing. What does surprise me is the lack of outrage over things like this by the citizens of our country. Anoyther thing, all those support the troops magnets are on everyone's cars these days, but it seems like almost nobody feels strongly enough to join up and serve. I guess when people see how the average servicemember is treated, it seems like a thankless job.
I completely disagree with our presence over there in Iraq, but I'm proud of what I did, I hated a lot of it, but I sucked it up and did what I had to do. But you know, the reality of it is that the Army still has me by the balls, so to speak. Let's say they continue to miss recruiting goals by huge numbers. Are they going to have a draft? Hell no, all those cars with their damn magnets would soon be sporting Canadian license plates, believe me. No, they're going to call up guys like me, like they've been doing. Guys and gals who have served their country honorably and chose to get out when their enlistment was up. It alomost feels like what could be the best decision in a young person's life (joining the military) can end up being the worst. Most times I don't feel like that, but sometimes yes. I already risked my neck more times than I can count for what in my opinion is no good reason and I'm not planning on doing it again. Say what you will about that, but you only get one life, one go-round, you know? I did my share and it would be real nice to see all these patriots in our country who have supported this war since the beginning to raise their right hand. Just my .02.

GAR
05-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Any bonus money spent on gay hookers was bonus money well spent!

ODShowtime
05-14-2005, 03:23 PM
I already risked my neck more times than I can count for what in my opinion is no good reason and I'm not planning on doing it again.

I did my share and it would be real nice to see all these patriots in our country who have supported this war since the beginning to raise their right hand. Just my .02.

Unfortunately for you, they already have your address and they already know you know how to use an assault rifle.

Most of the people who support this war are either brain-washed or too ignorant to understand what it really means. A couple days over there was probably all it took to make you understand things fully.

If I were you, I'd try to wring as much enjoyment out of life as possible RIGHT NOW.

Thanks for serving though. We have great people, but that's nothing without proper leadership.

Nickdfresh
05-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by GAR
Any bonus money spent on Haliburton was bonus money well spent!

Like you would know GAY.

rochesterdr
05-14-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Unfortunately for you, they already have your address and they already know you know how to use an assault rifle.

If I were you, I'd try to wring as much enjoyment out of life as possible RIGHT NOW.

Thanks for serving though. We have great people, but that's nothing without proper leadership.

Thanks bro, I'm not worried about it though, contingency plans are already in place. I'm taking the necessary steps to ensure my future gets played out how I want it to. I'll just leave it at that.

FORD
05-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by GAR
Any bonus money spent on Haliburton was bonus money well spent!

Thought you were leaving, GAY :confused:

4moreyears
05-15-2005, 12:16 PM

I think these morons think Burger King could bid on these contracts.

FORD
05-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
I think these morons think Burger King could bid on these contracts.

They already did. (http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/04/21/1050777195239.html?oneclick=true)