PDA

View Full Version : Billy Idol Turns Down Reality TV Show

rustoffa
05-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Billy Idol Turns Down Reality TV Show

Rock veteran Billy Idol has snubbed an offer to star in an Osbournes-style reality TV show.

The comeback star was approached by TV bosses desperate to capture some of his legendary wild antics on camera as he goes about his day-to-day life.

However, the British rocker admits he doesn't possess the natural wit Ozzy Osbourne displayed in The Osbournes - and would prefer to simply be known for his music.

He says, "Oh, of course they offered me a reality show! They tried to come up with something daft."

"I always thought Ozzy was naturally funny. He was a good idea for it."

"But why do I want a camera around my a**hole all the time? I'm a songwriter, that's all I have to do."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2005

BITEYOASS
05-12-2005, 06:43 AM
Good for him!

Panamark
05-12-2005, 08:00 AM
Dave would be a better choice..

vanzilla
05-12-2005, 10:44 AM
If I'm not mistaken - I think the No-Holds-Barbecue was an attempt to get a reality show.

Personally, I'm glad it didn't work out for Dave. After watching Vince Neil make an ass out of himself on the Surreal Life - I wouldn't want Dave lumped into the same category.

Props to Billy for keeping it about the music!

DLRisGOD
05-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Any show with DLR would get mega-ratings though, you must admit that...

I know I would tune in each week, as long as Dave maintained creative control...

DLR82VH
05-14-2005, 02:10 AM
Good for Billy keeps his dignity and I can't blame him I'd rather be known for the music as well.