PDA

View Full Version : Dave solo

canadiandlrgirl
05-13-2005, 05:24 PM
i kno everyone likes Dave With Van Halen,but he is cool solo as well.......iwas just wondering what everyones favorite solo album by Dave is?????? mine is a tossup between EEAS or DLR Band!!!!!!!!! :D

bueno bob
05-13-2005, 05:43 PM
It's a tough call, there are some really good ones right next to each other for me...others I don't care for so much, but in the end, I have to go with A Little Ain't Enough - that was more of a Van Halen album than F.U.C.K. was.

superdave
05-13-2005, 05:46 PM
EEAS

canadiandlrgirl
05-13-2005, 05:54 PM
i like that one too!!!!!!!!

superdave
05-13-2005, 05:58 PM
it must be the Northern blood in us, I have noticed some of your posts, and we seem to think alike, canadiandlrgirl

DavidLeeNatra
05-13-2005, 07:01 PM
ALAE close with EEAS depends on the mood I'm in...

canadiandlrgirl
05-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by superdave
it must be the Northern blood in us, I have noticed some of your posts, and we seem to think alike, canadiandlrgirl

i think so!!!!!!lol

Loons The Great
05-13-2005, 08:27 PM
"Diamond Dave"

DLR82VH
05-14-2005, 01:55 AM
EEAS or A little ain't enough

Loons The Great
05-14-2005, 03:08 PM
"Diamond Dave" or "Diamond Dave's No Holds Bar-B-Que"

canadiandlrgirl
05-14-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Loons The Great
"Diamond Dave"

really!!!!!!!!!i'm surprised to here anyone say that one...not very many people like that one...........i didn't mind it ,although it had it's bad moments but it was still better than any of the hagar shit!!!!!!!!

Loons The Great
05-14-2005, 03:37 PM
DLR workin' up some Savoy Brown, Doors, and Hendrix, ALL HELL YEAH!!

DlocRoth
05-14-2005, 04:26 PM
Not my #1 fave, but I'm throwin YFLM in the ring.

The title track is saweet.

Hoongood
05-14-2005, 09:01 PM
EEAS is my favorie album of all time.

DavidLeeNatra
05-15-2005, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
Not my #1 fave, but I'm throwin YFLM in the ring.

The title track is saweet.

got more play than skyscraper which became my least favorite after the years...

Last_Child
05-15-2005, 01:50 PM
A Lil' Ain't Enough all the way!

Redballjets88
05-15-2005, 02:20 PM
skyscraper and eeas

canadiandlrgirl
05-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
got more play than skyscraper which became my least favorite after the years...

i like that album it has "just like paradise,"on it, my fav Dave solo song next to "hammerhead shark" and "king of the hill."

m_dixon1984
05-16-2005, 09:33 AM
Today, DLR Band. Most days, ALAE.

M

hard rock
05-16-2005, 09:37 AM
its a tie between CFTH, EEAS. and Skyscraper. Diamond Dave close by as well.

Jérôme Frenchise
05-16-2005, 05:21 PM
"A Little Ain't Enough"... the nec plus ultra IMO. Sheer fiesta all over. And that's saying a lot for a record by Dave. :D
This one is "a little more too much" than the others. :)

Big Troubles
05-22-2005, 07:05 PM
DLR Band is the closest to a "CVH" sound. Its a great album and a shame he didn't tour it. Some of the best lyrics too. "What the Asians call, a soup and no fish!"
"First time in the spotlight, was from a helicopter" Do I love you?- Indeedido","..Great shit.

academic punk
05-22-2005, 07:12 PM
In order:

EEAS

YFLM

DLR Band

ALAE

Skyscraper

DD

Big Troubles
05-22-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
In order:

EEAS

YFLM

DLR Band

ALAE

Skyscraper

DD

Wow, YFLM before DLR Band? I heard of your kind. :D

In order:

DLR Band

EEAS

Skyscraper

DD

ALAE

YFLM

CFTH

DaLeeRo
05-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Skyscraper is the best. Why no-one picked that?! :confused:

BOMBER
05-23-2005, 08:30 PM
A Little Aint Enough - I absolutely love the title track,Dogtown Shuffle and Drop In The Bucket.

canadiandlrgirl
05-24-2005, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by BOMBER
A Little Aint Enough - I absolutely love the title track,Dogtown Shuffle and Drop In The Bucket.

my favorite off of that one is hammerhead shark.....kickass lyrics

bedrockboy
05-28-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
i kno everyone likes Dave With Van Halen,but he is cool solo as well.......iwas just wondering what everyones favorite solo album by Dave is?????? mine is a tossup between EEAS or DLR Band!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I liked Your Filty Little Mouth, it was not-Dave but it was so Dave (if you know what I mean). I think the lyrics on that cd are the best he's ever done. The lyrics on tunes like Land's Edge, Hey, You Never Know & Experience are great. And I'm not sure if he's ever written a better line than "Dante's inferno meets the Price is Right" on You're Breathen It. The great thing about the cd is that it forced you to listen to the lyrics to hear lines like that. Now, I'm not saying that it was perfect, he would have been better off dumping a tune like Sunburn, and She's My Machine doens't compare to Yankee Rose or Just Like Paradise as a first single. But in total I think YFLM is his best solo effort.:)

Redballjets88
05-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by hard rock
its a tie between CFTH, EEAS. and Skyscraper. Diamond Dave close by as well.

those are the 4 i have ...cant find dlr band anywhere...could get yflm but never have the money....really want dlr band i heard its awesome

Big Fat Sammy
05-28-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by bedrockboy
I'm probably in the minority on this, but I liked Your Filty Little Mouth, it was not-Dave but it was so Dave (if you know what I mean). I think the lyrics on that cd are the best he's ever done. The lyrics on tunes like Land's Edge, Hey, You Never Know & Experience are great. And I'm not sure if he's ever written a better line than "Dante's inferno meets the Price is Right" on You're Breathen It. The great thing about the cd is that it forced you to listen to the lyrics to hear lines like that. Now, I'm not saying that it was perfect, he would have been better off dumping a tune like Sunburn, and She's My Machine doens't compare to Yankee Rose or Just Like Paradise as a first single. But in total I think YFLM is his best solo effort.:)

Agreed...not the strongest musically, but the lyrics and voice make up for it. :) My fav most of the time.

Oh yeah, I love the lyrics about "everytime we fight, I write a verse to this song...." and Experience is his best lyrics ever IMO. Totally DLR.

canadiandlrgirl
05-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
those are the 4 i have ...cant find dlr band anywhere...could get yflm but never have the money....really want dlr band i heard its awesome

the DLR Band is a kickass album.....i think it is highly underated

academic punk
05-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
cant find dlr band anywhere....really want dlr band i heard its awesome

Easy enough to find if you know where to look...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000007O7F/qid=1117320514/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/104-0169925-6837575?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

ebay is also always a safe bet.

Big Troubles
05-28-2005, 06:53 PM
I said it before and I will say it again. DLR Band is what VH would have sounded like if they would have stayed together. It's very well paced and lyrics that kick. :D

DavidLeeNatra
05-28-2005, 07:05 PM

this post brings you your first 5 stars from me...I totally agree! hey, you never know is one of my all time dave solo songs...

academic punk
05-28-2005, 07:12 PM

As Natra said, five stars.

YFLM is easily Dave's most diverse disc: rock, funk, country, (unsuccesful) reggae, dance, ballads, and hard rock are all represented. And though I agree completely regarding your comments on She's My Machine, I've gotta voice my disagreement re: Sunburn. Dave has only done a handful of slow tunes, and you can rerally hear the quality in his voice on it. Nice melody too.

bedrockboy
05-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
As Natra said, five stars.

YFLM is easily Dave's most diverse disc: rock, funk, country, (unsuccesful) reggae, dance, ballads, and hard rock are all represented. And though I agree completely regarding your comments on She's My Machine, I've gotta voice my disagreement re: Sunburn. Dave has only done a handful of slow tunes, and you can rerally hear the quality in his voice on it. Nice melody too.

thanks for the compliments on the post natra and punk (this is so much better than VH Links were the second you say anything negative you get pissed on and banned).

I actually like Dave's voice on the track Sunburn, I just didn't think the song was as strong as the rest of the cd. His voice was fine but I just thought that the rest of the album was so strong lyrically that Sunburn didn't quite measure up. The other problem for me have been that it was the last original track on the cd (last tune being a reworking of You're Breathin it - correct me if I'm wrong on that) and that after listening to the lyrics on the previous tunes this one was a bit of a downer. Maybe if it was placed a little earlier in the cd I would have appreciated a bit more. But hey, that's just my opinion. .