PDA

View Full Version : old school bon jovi or aerosmith?

Dave's Bitch
05-14-2005, 10:07 AM
i been listening to alot of old bon jovi like bad medecine and stuff like that and i think onstage bon jovi and steve tyler are(or were because jon changed suddenly) alot alike,so i started to compare the two and i cant make my mind up who i like better,im edgeing towards aerosmith slightly,but i also love bon jovi and I CANT MAKE MY MIND UP!!!!!!!!!!!!,

your thoughts

Shaun Ponsonby
05-14-2005, 10:29 AM
Well, Jon Bon Jovi is the biggest cocksucker of all time, and is the only person to write worse music than Van Hagar, so Aerosmith are better.

Personally, I want JBJ to be killled slowly. I just can't fucking stand the guy. If you ask near enough any REAL rock fan if they like Bon Jovi, they'll say NO.

He doesn't write rock songs, he writes pop songs with guitars.

Dave's Bitch
05-14-2005, 11:14 AM
lol,im guessing your not a Bon Jovi fan then,i think he's good though

Shaun Ponsonby
05-14-2005, 11:52 AM
THAT IS CORRECT.

Unchainme
05-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Aerosmith Wins Hands Down.

DLR82VH
05-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Aerosmith wins out this one.

DLR7884
05-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Aerosmith by far....how the fuck can you even beging to compare Jon Bon Jovi and Steven Tyler?

Idiot.

DLR7884
God damn.

Shaun Ponsonby
05-14-2005, 01:15 PM
How can you even begin comparing JBJ with ANYONE?

Honestly, my dog would win in a songwriting contest between him and JBJ. And I haven't even got a dog.

Marlowe01
05-14-2005, 03:06 PM
old school Bon Jovi is good, but NOT EVEN CLOSE to as good as Aerosmith is/was. Aerosmith's catalog is so much better... Again, not even really a question.

tydhurst
05-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Aerosmith, easily!

UGS
05-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Say what you will about Jon, but Richie Sambora's playing is terribly underrated as far as I'm concerned. Not his cliché 80's pop crap, but his mid-nineties work.

In all fairness, after Pump, Aerosmith has turned almost as gay as Bon Jovi.

Deuces Wild? Cryin'? Crazy? What is that shit? It's almost as bad as Bed of Roses. What ever happened to Back in the Saddle?

FasterPussycat
05-16-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Well, Jon Bon Jovi is the biggest cocksucker of all time, and is the only person to write worse music than Van Hagar, so Aerosmith are better.

Personally, I want JBJ to be killled slowly. I just can't fucking stand the guy. If you ask near enough any REAL rock fan if they like Bon Jovi, they'll say NO.

He doesn't write rock songs, he writes pop songs with guitars.

Tell me bout it, they both are the biggest cany asses. I can't stand neither of em, bon jovi nor aerosmith.

EbDawson
05-16-2005, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Aerosmith by far....how the fuck can you even beging to compare Jon Bon Jovi and Steven Tyler?

Idiot.

DLR7884
God damn.

She's a broad and the broads fall all over JBJ.

Seriously his earliest stuff, I'm talking 7800 Farenheit, early 80's, pre-SWW, was some hard shit. You can't even find it now adays, I had a cassette back in college. Sadly, he became rich and the last 15 years or so have been Elton John material. He's now a pop star ala David Hasselhoff. Sambora'a a damn good guitarist, he's wasted in that band.

blueturk
05-16-2005, 05:57 AM
Is Bon Jovi even considered to be a rock group?

Panamark
05-16-2005, 06:32 AM
Aerosmith..

Both are poppy to me..

EbDawson
05-16-2005, 06:34 AM
He's pop, like Michael Bolton or Van Hagar.

Terry
05-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Never understood why Bon Jovi was considered heavy metal, or even hard rock. Shit, not even rock to my ears. Maybe pop-rock. Just because they wore spandex and tried to come off like Van Halen at the beginning of their careers doesn't mean anything.....Jovi were lightweight from the get-go. That they may have sold a ton of records means nada to me............just the fact that we're talking about "old school" Bon Jovi makes me laugh, as if to say what they did in the mid 1980s rocked so much harder than the crap they did on that "It's My Life" tune. Don't let nostalgia fool you, dude: Bon Jovi were a band for little girls barely into their teens to get into, and the only reason guys went to their shows was to try and pick up said jailbait. Ritchie Sambora is.....well, Ritchie Sambora. He ain't no Hendrix or Eddie van Halen.

Aerosmith up until about Rock In A Hard Place, or even Done With Mirrors, rocked. Shit, Rock In A Hard Place positively kicks ass compared to some of the top 40ish shit found on Get A Grip. Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet was selling like hotcakes in 1986 to those aforementioned young girls who liked their rock less threatening and sung by cute guys. Power ballads could move a lot of albums. In BJs wake, up-and-coming bands as well as established veterans like Aerosmith and KISS began copping moves from this playbook, hence you end up with shit like "Angel", "Forever", "Every Rose Has It's Thorn", etc. Aerosmith hasn't been worth a damn in years far as I'm concerned; just another corporatized money-making machine masquerading as a rock band.

But Aerosmith were a ferocious rock band once upon a time, unlike Bon Jovi, who sucked ass from day one.

Loons The Great
05-16-2005, 11:31 AM
Van Davin' opened for The Rolling Stones in '81.

Van Hagar opened for BON JOVI in '95.

'Nuff fucking said already. I wouldn't piss on Jovi if he was on fire.

Shaun Ponsonby
05-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by FasterPussycat
Tell me bout it, they both are the biggest cany asses. I can't stand neither of em, bon jovi nor aerosmith.

This is coming from a Hagar fan?

Seriously, have HEARD any REAL Aerosmith stuff, other than 'I Don' Wanna Miss A Thing', 'Crazy', 'Cryin', 'Walk This Way'(Run DMC version), 'Dude (Looks Like A Lady)' and 'Love In An Elevator'?

Or are you one of these people who only know bands for singles. You only know Guns N Roses for 'Sweet Child O Mine' etc.

canadiandlrgirl
05-16-2005, 12:20 PM
AEROSMITH ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!BON JOVI GETS ON MY NERVES!!!!!!

monkeythe
05-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Aerosmith sucks. Their old stuff is overrated & their comeback material is even worse than Van Hagar. At least Bon Jovi writes their own Elton John style songs whereas Aerosmith needs outside writers to write their crap. "I don't want to miss a thing" is such a terrible song that even Spammy is too manly to sing it.

canadiandlrgirl
05-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by EbDawson
She's a broad and the broads fall all over JBJ.

Seriously his earliest stuff, I'm talking 7800 Farenheit, early 80's, pre-SWW, was some hard shit. You can't even find it now adays, I had a cassette back in college. Sadly, he became rich and the last 15 years or so have been Elton John material. He's now a pop star ala David Hasselhoff. Sambora'a a damn good guitarist, he's wasted in that band.

not me! i never did think bon jovi was hot

superdave
05-16-2005, 09:45 PM
tough call since they BOTH suck now--would have to go with old school Aerosmith--

FasterPussycat
05-16-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
This is coming from a Hagar fan?

Seriously, have HEARD any REAL Aerosmith stuff, other than 'I Don' Wanna Miss A Thing', 'Crazy', 'Cryin', 'Walk This Way'(Run DMC version), 'Dude (Looks Like A Lady)' and 'Love In An Elevator'?

Or are you one of these people who only know bands for singles. You only know Guns N Roses for 'Sweet Child O Mine' etc.

First of all, I am Not a Hagar fan; I just don’t hate him like many of you do.
Of course, it would be nice if David had been stayed with VH, but that wasn’t the case.
In my opinion, Sammy Hagar did a decent job with VH and certainly doesn’t deserve to be portrayed as a scumbag. Anyhow, get to the subject of Bon Jovi and Aerosmith, I’ve heard enough to make a judgment about them. The fact remains: they"re both sux a big time. Only credit that is due for Steven Tyler (I may have his name wrong) is producing a half-decent looking daughter (Liv tyler?). Bon Jovi is a band that reached stardom by brilliant management and marketing strategies, good timing, and a lot of luck, Not by a musical merit.

LadyTudor2711
05-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Sammy's Bitch
i been listening to alot of old bon jovi like bad medecine and stuff like that and i think onstage bon jovi and steve tyler are(or were because jon changed suddenly) alot alike,so i started to compare the two and i cant make my mind up who i like better,im edgeing towards aerosmith slightly,but i also love bon jovi and I CANT MAKE MY MIND UP!!!!!!!!!!!!,

your thoughts

Lets just say this, "the train kept a rollin' all night long". No issue here, Bon Jovi, ugh...

LT

canadiandlrgirl
05-17-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by FasterPussycat
First of all, I am Not a Hagar fan; I just don’t hate him like many of you do.
Of course, it would be nice if David had been stayed with VH, but that wasn’t the case.
In my opinion, Sammy Hagar did a decent job with VH and certainly doesn’t deserve to be portrayed as a scumbag. Anyhow, get to the subject of Bon Jovi and Aerosmith, I’ve heard enough to make a judgment about them. The fact remains: they"re both sux a big time. Only credit that is due for Steven Tyler (I may have his name wrong) is producing a half-decent looking daughter (Liv tyler?). Bon Jovi is a band that reached stardom by brilliant management and marketing strategies, good timing, and a lot of luck, Not by a musical merit.

fist off spammy is a scumbag the way he ran his mouth off about Dave when he didn't even kno him to me that spells scumbag......and about steven tyler he's on my top 10 list of favorite frontmen.......the guy has a sexy voice, bon jovi, he's overated......

EbDawson
05-17-2005, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
not me! i never did think bon jovi was hot

WEll you're one of the few then. :D

saint
05-17-2005, 05:21 AM
cheesy
aerosmithier
bon joviest

Last_Child
05-17-2005, 08:56 AM
Aerosmith..

FasterPussycat
05-17-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by saint
cheesy
aerosmithier
bon joviest

Amen to dat...

Dave's Bitch
05-17-2005, 01:14 PM
i think Bon Jovi is hotter than steve tyler,no question there,steve tyler is kinda all mouth,its like WOW BIG

Soul Reaper
05-17-2005, 01:18 PM
no comparison...Aerosmith wins by many miles.

Bon Jovi is the cheesey cocksucking shit, you'd expect from Hagar.

But Ritchie Sambora is an underrated guitarist.

Dave's Bitch
05-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Ritchie is cool yea,most people dont give him the respect he deserves

fe_lung
05-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by monkeythe
At least Bon Jovi writes their own Elton John style songs whereas Aerosmith needs outside writers to write their crap.

Ummmmm, no they don't! Both bands have made full use of outside writers, in fact I believe both of them used Desmond Child extensively.

FasterPussycat
05-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung
Ummmmm, no they don't! Both bands have made full use of outside writers, in fact I believe both of them used Desmond Child extensively.

You’re absolutely right. They don’t write their own materials like true bands.

Joe Mannix
05-18-2005, 01:45 AM
Aerosmith is played out in my book, compared to 80's played out.
Bon Jovi gets the nod, Aero
is now in my book the new
stones, all ballads. ran thier
band as far as they could, its
too bad CVH didnt do the same
without the ballads lol :)