PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy Vs DIO

Dave's Bitch
05-14-2005, 07:43 PM
i used to be completely with ozzy on this one,but im gonna have to go with DIO now,holy diver is just totally amazing.in general i prefer DIO,although Ozzy was better with Sabbath,DIO was better solo

what ya think?

Unchainme
05-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Ozzy Is The Man!
Dio is Good but not as Godd as Ozzy.

Hoongood
05-14-2005, 09:00 PM
A few years ago I would have said Ozzy hands down. But Ozzy has only released 3 studio albums in the last 17 years. Maybe he really did retire.

Even though Dio never reached the level of stardom that Ozzy has, he never quit either. The man has an awesome voice, even now in his 60s.

Now when it comes to Sabbath...only Ozzy will do.

bueno bob
05-14-2005, 09:32 PM
Ozzy was the trademark voice of Sabbath, there's no argument.

Dio brought more musicianship to Sabbath, had a better voice, was a better musician and knew how to bring the absolute best out of Tony and Geezer on a musical note. Of course, he wasn't the uncontrolled frontman that Ozzy was, but...that's forgivable. Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules and Dehumanizer were three of the best Sabbath albums ever and in some ways superior to some of the classic Ozzy/Sabbath albums.

Better vocalist? Dio.
Better work ethic? Dio.
Better to his fans? Dio.

I love Ozzy, I always will, but Ronnie Dio is just simply too cool to deny. Ozzy's voice is shot now, and his solo material has sucked since No More Tears...the Sabbath reunion has resulted in nothing other than 2 new songs and a live album - good, but really wasting time with getting the last album done...

I can't pick a favorite between either one, per se, but I really appreciate Ronnie James Dio a LOT more now than I do Ozzy.

Antman
05-14-2005, 10:21 PM
I've always preferred Ozzy, both in Sabbath and his solo stuff. I do like Dio though. At least Dio hasn't been castrated and whored out by his own fuckin wife.

Redballjets88
05-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Dio by far remember dio made up the devil horns hand sign and everything and he also can still function as a human being while ozzy nowadays is like a 7 year old with a studder trapped in a 60 year olds body

DLR82VH
05-15-2005, 03:07 AM
Dio........at least he still has all his respect and fans he always had.

Ozzy used to be so cool and people were really scared of him and not people just laugh at him. :(

Soul Reaper
05-15-2005, 06:56 AM
Ozzy has lost his 'scariness' because of that shit MTV show; he looks like a laughable fool.

But Ozzy's albums with Randy Rhoads were amazing!

----------------------------------------

Dio's songs are more catchy ('Rainbow In The Dark') than Ozzy's, but they still rock!!!

Shaun Ponsonby
05-15-2005, 11:41 AM
I can't stand Ozzy anymore.

He must have known that his fans wouldn't like him on a reality MTV show.

I hate his wife.
I hate his kids.
I'm starting to hate him.

superdave
05-15-2005, 11:44 AM
I like both of them, but would have to give the nod to Dio, Ozzy has become a caricature of himself in recent years

bueno bob
05-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Well, I can say for certain, without ANY doubt, that of the two of them Ronnie is FAR AND AWAY better to his fans and FRIENDLIER to his fans than Ozzy ever was. That means a LOT to me.

alexpgrimes
05-16-2005, 10:18 AM
I always thought Heaven and Hell was the best Sabbath album. I love Ozzy solo. Never cared for sabbath with him as the singer. Gotta go with Dio here.

Matt White
05-16-2005, 10:59 AM
Ronnie Dio always gives DAVID LEE ROTH & CLASSIC VAN HALEN their props.

He's got my vote.

Terry
05-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Terms of musical output, I dig Blizzard and Diary just as much as I do Holy Diver and Last In Line......Oz and Dio are similar to me in that after their first two solo albums both of their outputs are a bit spotty IMO.

But Dio's definitely still out there doing what he's always done, and not really watering down his image, or having his music take a backseat to anything.......with DIO it's always been about the music.

Ozzy is turning into something I really don't care for anymore. Honestly haven't really followed this guy musically since the No More Tears album, and as for his show.....it may well make some laugh, but for many longtime fans it's a sad turn of events. Guess I'd have to give Sharon some credit for knowing how to make some money, but the show seems more of a vehicle for Sharon, Jack and Kelly to get their 15 minutes of fame than anything else. Sad to say I'm hoping Ozzy is just too out of it to know what's going on around him.

saint
05-16-2005, 11:47 AM
I love Ozzy, but lately he's been making such a big ass of himself, that it's hard to se the artist he once was. Ozzy was one of my first musical influences and the first four Ozzy records is along with the classic 6-pack the albums that I've listened to the most over the years. His pick of guitar players and the way he has made there sound a part of the "ozzy" sound is amazing.

And as for Sabbath OZZY is the voice of Sabbath. Anything after his replacement is something else.

Then there is that silly flirt with the dark side that both of them played, and I think that DIO is the most silly in that aspect. And even if I think that DIO has the better voice I never really found him interesting

Dave's Bitch
05-16-2005, 07:34 PM
OZZY is sabbath,but right now i like DIO more

scottydabodi
05-18-2005, 12:33 AM
Dio fucken rocks, and Ozzy's washed up. Dio with Sabbath kicked ass, so did Dio with Rainbow. Ozzy was awesome with Sabbath, and he had the Randy albums, but that was it... Even the Jake stuff was OK, but Dio was way more consistant for WAY many more years, and he STILL rules... Ron is da man. Ron is the Voice of TRUE METAL.

bueno bob
05-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
Dio fucken rocks, and Ozzy's washed up. Dio with Sabbath kicked ass, so did Dio with Rainbow. Ozzy was awesome with Sabbath, and he had the Randy albums, but that was it... Even the Jake stuff was OK, but Dio was way more consistant for WAY many more years, and he STILL rules... Ron is da man. Ron is the Voice of TRUE METAL.

Here here :)

nosuchluck
05-18-2005, 10:45 AM
ozzy is a joke...

bueno bob
05-18-2005, 10:46 AM
A couple of Ronnie's golden oldies...

bueno bob

bueno bob

bueno bob
05-18-2005, 10:47 AM

Dave's Bitch
05-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by nosuchluck
ozzy is a joke...

HOW DARE YOU SPEAK OF OZZY LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrMaddVibe
05-25-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

Dio brought more musicianship to Sabbath, had a better voice, was a better musician and knew how to bring the absolute best out of Tony and Geezer on a musical note. Of course, he wasn't the uncontrolled frontman that Ozzy was, but...that's forgivable. Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules and Dehumanizer were three of the best Sabbath albums ever and in some ways superior to some of the classic Ozzy/Sabbath albums.

Better vocalist? Dio.
Better work ethic? Dio.
Better to his fans? Dio.

I love Ozzy, I always will, but Ronnie Dio is just simply too cool to deny. Ozzy's voice is shot now, and his solo material has sucked since No More Tears...the Sabbath reunion has resulted in nothing other than 2 new songs and a live album - good, but really wasting time with getting the last album done...

I can't pick a favorite between either one, per se, but I really appreciate Ronnie James Dio a LOT more now than I do Ozzy.

Ditto what he said!

DIO!

nosuchluck
05-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Sammy's Bitch
HOW DARE YOU SPEAK OF OZZY LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i guess i must be really brave...

Last_Child
05-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Dio.!

FasterPussycat
05-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Sammy's Bitch
i used to be completely with ozzy on this one,but im gonna have to go with DIO now,holy diver is just totally amazing.in general i prefer DIO,although Ozzy was better with Sabbath,DIO was better solo

what ya think?

Gee, how many times are you going to compare Ozzy with other musicians? :D

Ozzy easily! :cool:

Redballjets88
05-26-2005, 03:03 PM
DIO by far dio can sing better and was a better solo artist

FasterPussycat
05-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Ozzy has more charisma!

scottd1984
05-26-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

Better vocalist? Dio.
Better work ethic? Dio.
Better to his fans? Dio.

As much of an Ozzy fan as i am,i have to agree with with you on this Bueno.And i prefer Dio over both Graham Bonnett and Joe Lynn Turner in Rainbow

bueno bob
05-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by scottd1984
As much of an Ozzy fan as i am,i have to agree with with you on this Bueno.And i prefer Dio over both Graham Bonnett and Joe Lynn Turner in Rainbow

The only singer Rainbow ever had was Ronnie Dio. Graham and Joe both joined the Ritchie Blackmore band so far as I'm concerned :)

bastardog
05-26-2005, 04:51 PM
Rigth now I have to say DIO is the man by far.
He's still rocks inclusive in his last material....it sounds hard and dark.
Ozzy at this days is just a puppet that Sharon controls........"Ozzy come a sing here!"

Now, if you ask this question in the 80's or beggining the 90's (when Ozzy was blode and fat) I had replied Ozzy.
He really start to drown when contracted Zak Wild.....

But DIO had been 45 years on continous tour......he is a real rocker (no matter that he's a senior citizen)

Dave's Bitch
05-26-2005, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FasterPussycat
[B]Gee, how many times are you going to compare Ozzy with other musicians? :D

ill compare ozzy with whoever the fuck i want ok

FasterPussycat
05-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FasterPussycat
[B]Gee, how many times are you going to compare Ozzy with other musicians? :D

ill compare ozzy with whoever the fuck i want ok

Sorry miss, if I have offended you. That sure wasn't my intention.

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by FasterPussycat
Sorry miss, if I have offended you. That sure wasn't my intention.

ok all is forgiven

sammysucks65
05-27-2005, 05:29 PM
HEEEY I DONT MEAN TO BE A BITCH BUT I THINK FOR THOSE FIRST TWO ALBUMS OF OZZYS SOLO CAREER WAS ENOUGH TO BEAT OUT DIOS SOLO CAREER BUT DIO SUCKED WITH BLACK SABBATH HE HAD A GOOD CAREER WITH RAINBOW AND WAS AWESOME SOLO...BUT OZZYS SOLO CAREER AND HIS EVER KILLER LEDGENDARY CCAREER WITH BS STILL ROCKS OVER DIO..

Dave's Bitch
07-03-2005, 08:15 PM
DIO SATURDAY 15th OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bueno bob
07-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by sammysucks65
HEEEY I DONT MEAN TO BE A BITCH

That's a good start. Don't be a bitch, then.

BUT I THINK FOR THOSE FIRST TWO ALBUMS OF OZZYS SOLO CAREER WAS ENOUGH TO BEAT OUT DIOS SOLO CAREER

Ozzy's first two solo albums are better than all of Ronnie's solo output? Dream on... :rolleyes:

BUT DIO SUCKED WITH BLACK SABBATH

You may kindly fuck off now... :rolleyes: Either that or actually go listen to one of the albums...

HE HAD A GOOD CAREER WITH RAINBOW AND WAS AWESOME SOLO

Yes, very good :)

...BUT OZZYS SOLO CAREER AND HIS EVER KILLER LEDGENDARY CAREER WITH BS STILL ROCKS OVER DIO...

Um, nope.

Matt White
07-03-2005, 11:10 PM
I'll take classic BLACK SABBATH(69-79) over 99% of all music EVER created. Simply BRILLIANT.

Dave's Bitch
07-04-2005, 02:59 AM
should have made this thread a poll really.....

DavidLeeNatra
07-04-2005, 06:11 AM
the madman or the dwarf? ozzy... :D

OfficerJimmy
07-04-2005, 09:21 AM
I really don't like Dio's music I don't know why but I don't. I respect him for being a pioneer in metal and for giving every dumbass a hand symbol to use, though.

So I guess Ozzy.

sammysucks65
07-04-2005, 04:35 PM
yea sorry to upset you bob..but ozzy! did dio have his own reality show? no. haha

dios a better musician..but ozzy had better musicians to help him...eg-iommi, rhoads, ward, butler, alridge, sarzo, etc,