PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate sleeve...

Jérôme Frenchise
05-15-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm afraid this has already been discussed though. Anyway, what's the sleeve that will always remain very special to you (musical content, the moment in your life when you got it, pictorial aspect, inscriptions, etc)?

Here's mine, that of a record by the Pretty Things ("Parachute", 1970), a kind of splendid swan song for the 60s. I got the vinyle in 1991 from my late uncle. I went backstage 5 years ago and discussed the album with all of them, which was sheer happiness.
I was a student at that time, a barman at the students of English's club at the University of Lille (near the Belgian border). And, er... well, we served alcohol (aah, Belgian beers) but other substances would also cross the threshold... No need to tell more :D
Besides, my position offered facility with the chicks... :)

I used to play old stuff on the stereo, even if I dug the Pixies, Nirvana and all (Black Crowes above all). I was exploring oldies furiously, so I mainly played the Stones, Led Zep', the Who, Hendrix, Jeff Beck, CCR, Johnny Winter, the Doors, but also VH and DLR ("A little ain't enough" had just been released). Then I discovered the Pretty Things, who were er... drug-oriented, and this record and its sleeve are emblematic of that real cool time in my life. :)

So, here it is: :cool:

Jérôme Frenchise
05-16-2005, 06:21 AM
Well... :D This doesn't seem to raise much interest...

Don't you have one favourite record sleeve yourself? I can't believe it! :cool:

Panamark
05-16-2005, 06:54 AM
I do, but I dont have a fookin scanner ! :p

Jérôme Frenchise
05-16-2005, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
I do, but I dont have a fookin scanner ! :p

If it's a more or less famous one, it doesn't matter, Panam'. :)
Or I could post it for you.

Coyote
05-16-2005, 07:10 AM
This one, for example

http://www.universalmusic.pl/photo/plyty/0042283067523_l.jpg

Jérôme Frenchise
05-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Yeah... Both the title and the sleeve make one!

tydhurst
05-16-2005, 06:56 PM
There's Mine!