PDA

View Full Version : Rollings Stones/ACDC concert for Toronto SarsStock

RuzDNailz
05-17-2005, 01:55 AM
I was just wondering,

Did anybody here catch the Rolling Stones concert for Toronto back in the summer of 2003? I was there and caught almost all the acts.
Rush was pretty good, but not their best but it was the first time I ever saw them perform live. Guess Who was good, and Blue Rodeo was
at their best. But the moment AC/DC hit the stage, they stole the show! Rolling Stones...well, what can you say about them? They are
true rock legends and seeing them was an honour to say the least.
With over 400,000 people in attendance, there must have been like
100,000 (roughly) americans who crossed the border just to party it up with us.

If anybody was there or at least bought the DVD, share your thoughts and experience.

Water down the hatch! :gulp:

FORD
05-17-2005, 09:49 AM
The DVD's great, but it doesn't show nearly enough of the concert. Ac/Dc only gets 2 songs. Rush only gets 3. Even the Stones set seems way too short.

The Guess Who was actually impressive. Those old farts have still got it.

RuzDNailz
05-18-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by FORD
The DVD's great, but it doesn't show nearly enough of the concert. Ac/Dc only gets 2 songs. Rush only gets 3. Even the Stones set seems way too short.

The Guess Who was actually impressive. Those old farts have still got it.

Truth is FORD, I think there is a special edition only for Toronto. It's supposed to be 2 DVDs. AC/DC was on for the second longest set.
They were on for over 45 minutes and did MANY of their hits even the
Bon Scott era songs. Rush also just did their major hits. Speaking of Rush, my buddy who works at a Starbucks near me served Geddy Lee!
He was very polite to him and was easy to deal with.

BTW, the Guess Who is, and always will be a great band regardless.
But, Burton Cummings voice is WAY off these days...