PDA

View Full Version : Audioslave-Out Of Exile (Listen Here!)

DLR7884
05-17-2005, 02:32 PM
http://www.myspace.com/audioslave

Audioslave's new album comes out next week, but their website has a link where you can listen to the new album in it's entirety.

Check it out.

The only thing that sucks is you can't jump from song to song....you have to listen straight through, but through 4 songs, it fucking rocks.

Granted, I had heard 3 of them live 2 weeks ago.

DLR7884
Check it out....kicks ass.:killer:

Guitar Shark
05-17-2005, 02:39 PM
Audioslave kicks ass. I saw them in Seattle last week. The new songs rock.

DLR7884 -- the highlight of my show was Spoonman. Do you agree?

DLR7884
05-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Audioslave kicks ass. I saw them in Seattle last week. The new songs rock.

DLR7884 -- the highlight of my show was Spoonman. Do you agree?

Spoonman kicked ass, I knew they were going to play it ahead of time and wasn't too excited, until I heard it. It was fucking dead on.

I really liked the instrumental Rage medley they did. The show as a whole kicked ass.

What did you end up paying for the tickets you got?

DLR7884
I had to pay $186 for 2 tix, but it was worth every fucking penny.

Guitar Shark
05-17-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
What did you end up paying for the tickets you got?

DLR7884
I had to pay $186 for 2 tix, but it was worth every fucking penny.

I got lucky, I paid $48.90 per ticket (including fees) after the venue changed and Ticketbastard released additional seats.

Golden AWe
06-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Just got the new album. I've only heard the few sample songs...during the first listens, I've already found a new favorite from the album...not one of the singles, DOESN'T REMIND.

Very groovy, tight, grate lyrics, sounds like the band should sound, as it DOES NOT sound like RATM with CORNELL...this sounds like a new band!

Gonna see them live end of this month...CUNT WAIT!!!

DLR7884
06-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
Just got the new album. I've only heard the few sample songs...during the first listens, I've already found a new favorite from the album...not one of the singles, DOESN'T REMIND.

Very groovy, tight, grate lyrics, sounds like the band should sound, as it DOES NOT sound like RATM with CORNELL...this sounds like a new band!

They played that song live when I saw them a month ago. Cornell said it was his favorite song off the album.

Enjoy the show....have you seen any of the setlists?

DLR7884
I don't want to ruin what may be a surprise or 2 for you.

Golden AWe
06-03-2005, 12:58 PM
I've seen some...but go ahead, if you have some, it won't spoil my night, trust me...

DLR7884
06-03-2005, 02:52 PM
They'll probably play:

Spoonman
Black Hole Sun (Chris only, acoustically.
Bulls On Parade (Instrumental)
Sleep Now In The Fire
Killing In The Name

5 song encore at the show I was at.

They played a few songs off the new album (Be Yourself, Your Time Has Come, Doesn't Remind Me), they may play more now that the album has been released.

All in all, good show.

Chris has had a few voice problems since their trip to Cuba, but from what I heard his voice is back.

DLR7884
You enjoy the show, trust me.

Golden AWe
06-03-2005, 03:13 PM
I missed Soundgarden on their last tour in Helsinki, Finland, so I've been waiting to see him for a looong time...

Guitar Shark
06-06-2005, 11:10 AM
The new album debuted at #1 last week. :gulp:

Rikk
06-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe

Bingo. DOESN'T REMIND me is also the highlight so far. I thought it would be one of the heavy ones I'd prefer, but this tune is a classic already and Cornell really pulls out some of his old Soundgarden vocal tricks on it. Great song!:)

Rikk
06-06-2005, 11:15 AM
They also have a DVD coming out of the Cuba show with a documentary.

Golden AWe
06-06-2005, 11:24 AM
After maybe 20+ listens, I'd also raise "Drown me slowly", "Dandelion", "#1 Zero" and "The curse" along with "Doesn't remind me" and "Your time has come" as it's best songs...well, I do like "Be yourself" a lot too.

Rikk
06-06-2005, 11:34 AM
I've only had two or so listens to the whole album so far, but I already rate it higher than the debut. I wasn't huge on the debut. I thought it had some good moments but they didn't really come together well as a band. This is a much better album.

DLR7884
06-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
They also have a DVD coming out of the Cuba show with a documentary.

When is that supposed to be released?

DLR7884
MTV didn't even play the entire songs.