in the EEAS days coulda been?
shit..that fucking axeman still
has it..
killer rythems & tracks..WOW

Billy is still decent enough to
buy IMO, good new cd folks-

edvanheineken
05-18-2005, 07:50 PM
His new cd is outstanding. He should have left "Bleeding Me Insane" on the album and taken off one of the tracks towards the end. The song is availble online as a bonus if you buy the cd at target. It looks like the cd has already fallen off the face of the planet. That really sucks, because I am a huge fan(hence my avatar). I just saw him live in Chicago and once again he kicked ass. It is so sad that, in many ways like Roth, Billy gets no respect nor recognition. The man smokes live and his music is pure Rock and Roll. Is it all 5 stars? Of course not! Regardless, most of it is super fun music. Give the new album a chance. It is better than much of the shit out there.

redblkwht
05-19-2005, 02:06 AM
Good review bro, i totally agree..what site is the song avail thru?

redblkwht
05-19-2005, 02:07 AM
I missed out in chi town, we
opted to see U2 my wifes fav
band, went to HOB to see Vai
live & saw billy was coming..
looked at the calander & knew
i was toast on the same night.
dammit!

DrMaddVibe
05-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Didn't see him when he came through town but I did buy this release the same day I bought the new Judas Preist. They're both getting equal time in the cd player.

Is it a great cd? No, but I like it and the same can be said for the Preist cd too!

edvanheineken
05-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by redblkwht
Good review bro, i totally agree..what site is the song avail thru?

Go to www.billyidol.com and click on the Target promo. You will need a code. There are two bonus tracks. Also, like anything else DrMaddVibe, you can never please everyone. I think it is up there with his better work. Also, consider that the guy is 49 years old. BTW, I highly suggest the following site. It contains awesome live performances. Check out the Billy Idol Live at the Roxy Theater. The audio is pretty good. He gave a free performance to fans who bought the album on the 25th of March. It should give you an idea of how awesome the man is live. They just crank out rock stars like Billy and Dave anymore! Anyhow, here is the link. You will not be disappointed!!!

http://members.cox.net/tweakjr/

PS Billy Idol will be back in Chicago on:

JULY 23RD EVENT INFO
Chicago, IL
@ Grand Park-Hutchinson Field

WITH : he acts confirmed for Lollapalooza so far are:

Ambulance Ltd., the Arcade Fire, the Black Keys, Blonde Redhead, Blue Merle, the Bravery, Cake, the Brian Jonestown Massacre, the Changes, the Dandy Warhols, Dashboard Confessional, Death Cab for Cutie, DeSol, Dinosaur Jr., Digable Planets, G. Love & Special Sauce, Billy Idol, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, the Killers, Liz Phair, Los Amigos Invisibles, Louis XIV, M83, the Pixies, the Redwalls, Tegan and Sara, the Walkmen, the Warlocks, Weezer, Widespread Panic, World Leader Pretend and Z-Trip.

Promoters promised that 30 to 40 more acts will be announced in the weeks to come at www.lollapalooza.com.

magikmountn
05-23-2005, 02:52 PM
great cd! one of his best easily. i am glad someone is out there still making good fun rock music. i am going backstage in reno and my 5 yr old son is so excited. he knows the new cd frontwards and backwards.

sammysucks65
05-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Didn't see him when he came through town but I did buy this release the same day I bought the new Judas Preist. They're both getting equal time in the cd player.

Is it a great cd? No, but I like it and the same can be said for the Preist cd too!

O YEA DUDE I LIKE THE ROOFUS...BUMFIGHTS!
I AGREE

magikmountn2
05-26-2005, 02:54 PM
i have to check out the priest then .

Redballjets88
05-26-2005, 03:01 PM
billy idols cd is great and i saw his show last month in dallas it too was great....

Redballjets88
05-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Steve Stevens with Roth

what part did he play in all that i know they thank him in the cd case thing

redblkwht
05-27-2005, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
what part did he play in all that i know they thank him in the cd case thing
never..

he was in the running after 85
split with VH, then Vai came along..Stevens was Roths 1st
choice. ;) turned him down.
its in the book CFTH :cool:

redblkwht
05-27-2005, 01:27 AM
I was stating him with dave if it ever happened..Woah.