PDA

View Full Version : Another Maiden Archive Release Scheduled

bueno bob
05-20-2005, 12:41 AM
Essential IRON MAIDEN Two Disc Collection Due In July [Rarities - 05.05.19 09:24:49]

IRON MAIDEN fan site MaidenFans.com (maidenfans.com) reports that according to sources, a new Maiden hits collection, Essential Iron Maiden, will be released on July 5th in North America through Columbia/Legacy, presumably to coincide with the bands appearances on this summer’s Ozzfest tour.

30 second commercials promoting the release are scheduled to air on Fuse and MTV2. The collection is expected to feature the following tracklisting:

CD1 - ‘Paschendale’, ‘Rainmaker’, ‘The Wicker Man’, ‘Brave New World’, ‘Futureal’, ‘The Clansman’, ‘Sign Of The Cross’, ‘Man On The Edge’, ‘Be Quick Or Be Dead’, ‘Fear Of The Dark’ (Live), ‘Holy Smoke’, ‘Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter’, ‘The Clairvoyant’.

CD2 - ‘The Evil That Men Do’, ‘Wasted Years’, ‘Heaven Can Wait’, ‘2 Minutes To Midnight’, ‘Aces High’, ‘Flight Of The Icarus’, ‘The Trooper’, ‘The Number Of The Beast’, ‘Run To The Hills’, ‘Wrathchild’, ‘Killers’, ‘Phantom Of The Opera’, ‘Running Free’ (live), ‘Iron Maiden’ (live from Dance Of Death tour, previously unreleased).

The CD booklet will include extensive liner notes, detailed discography and rare photos.

All music is digitally remastered from the original master tapes.

More details as they become available.

I'm preferential to this - the track list looks pretty good, actually, should be a nice set to have.

Hardrock69
05-20-2005, 02:19 AM
Ahhh...another greatest hits collection....

I want Live After Death on DVD!!!!

Mr Badguy
05-21-2005, 06:39 AM
I ain`t crazy about "Greatest hits" either.

I don`t know if "Edward the great" was released in the US but that tracklist looks like an expanded version of that album.

Even "Best of the Beast" didn`t fit all the good stuff on 2 CDs and this one looks even more watered down.

I also got "Ed hunter" which was also a good collection AND you got a game with it.

What they should do is release a "Metalogy" style box set with 4 CDs, and maybe a DVD, with all the classics and some rare live/alternate takes.

I`d buy that.

I don`t mind countless live albums but how many times are you expected to buy the same versions of the same old songs?

RuzDNailz
06-14-2005, 12:41 AM
Hey, do any of you remeber the set called 'Eddies Head'? It was an actual mannequin of his head with lights and all that opens up to all
the Maiden CD's. Kinda cool and it was reasonably priced, too! I shoulda bagged that when I had the chance unless it's still available.

Vinnie Velvet
06-14-2005, 10:25 AM
Maybe they want to beat KISS' record for the most hits compilations!

tydhurst
06-14-2005, 10:29 AM
D'you know Aerosmith have more compilations albums than studio albums now?

bueno bob
06-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by tydhurst
D'you know Aerosmith have more compilations albums than studio albums now?

Doesn't surprise me...