PDA

View Full Version : [COLOR=skyblue][B]Rock band or musician went Bad.[/B][/COLOR]

FasterPussycat
05-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Which band/musician you loved then that isn't up to par now?

I used to crazy bout Metallica. But after they came out with Load and Reload, I am not so crazy bout them anymore, still listening them though. They lost melody and character that I liked about them. How about you guys?

LoungeMachine
05-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Me.

But that's by design / on purpose

As far as Metallica is concerned, SOME KIND OF MONSTER on DVD is the funniest fucking thing since Spinal Tap.

What's next? Eddie on Dr. Phil????

Dr. Phil: Put down that bottle and pick up the dang phone

FasterPussycat
05-20-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Me.

But that's by design / on purpose

As far as Metallica is concerned, SOME KIND OF MONSTER on DVD is the funniest fucking thing since Spinal Tap.

What's next? Eddie on Dr. Phil????

Dr. Phil: Put down that bottle and pick up the dang phone

LMAO…:D :D

Speaking of Spinal Tap…Their lyrics are so hilarious… this one is an anthem for big girls :D :D

Big Bottom… by Spinal Tap

"The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin'
That's what I said
The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand
Or so I have read

My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo
I'd like to sink her with my pink torpedo

Big bottom, big bottom
Talk about bum cakes, my girl's got 'em
Big bottom drive me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind?

I met her on Monday, twas my lucky bun day
You know what I mean
I love her each weekday, each velvety cheek day
You know what I mean

My love gun's loaded and she's in my sights
Big game is waiting there inside her tights, yeah

Big bottom, big bottom
Talk about mud flaps, my girl's got 'em
Big bottom drive me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind?"

LoungeMachine
05-20-2005, 09:56 PM
You can't dust for vomit......

DLR82VH
05-20-2005, 11:47 PM
That song is pure genious!!!

Virgil Caine
05-21-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by FasterPussycat

I used to crazy bout Metallica. But after they came out with Load and Reload, I am not so crazy bout them anymore, still listening them though. They lost melody and character that I liked about them. How about you guys?

Metallica sucked after Master of Puppets...Their catalog after that is horrible!

canadiandlrgirl
05-21-2005, 02:24 AM
Eddie Van Halen:(

DLR82VH
05-21-2005, 05:58 AM
Well Guns N Roses went to shit didn't they. Skid Row sucks without Baz nowdays as well.

Soul Reaper
05-21-2005, 06:28 AM

Van Halen

bring back Roth!!

Mr Badguy
05-21-2005, 06:43 AM
Ozzy.

"Blizzard..." and "Diary.." were awesome then every album got rubbisher.

And his last few albums ("No more tears" onwards) have been horribly over-produced and they sound shit.

bueno bob
05-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Savatage. One of the greatest crimes of the 90's was Jon Oliva's purely selfish refusal to put that band to bed after Criss passed away. The albums became nothing more than variations on "Streets", very cookie cuttered and predictable...Paul O'Neill took over everything...

But fuck, they aren't even a band anymore, so...

FORD
05-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Def Leppard. They started going downhill the day they kicked Pete Willis out of the band. High and Dry remains the best album they will ever do.

canadiandlrgirl
05-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Def Leppard. They started going downhill the day they kicked Pete Willis out of the band. High and Dry remains the best album they will ever do.

Def Leppard still rock........i still like 'em

bueno bob
05-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
Def Leppard still rock........i still like 'em

Are they touring Canada this summer with Bryan Adams, too, or is it just a U.S. thing here? Here they're playing baseball fields only...

FasterPussycat
05-22-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Virgil Caine
Metallica sucked after Master of Puppets...Their catalog after that is horrible!

yep… I guess I was little more patient than you! ;)

FasterPussycat
05-22-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by DLR82VH
Well Guns N Roses went to shit didn't they. Skid Row sucks without Baz nowdays as well.

I’ve never dig Guns & Roses… To me Skid Row sucks without Bach…IMO. :cool:

DaLeeRo
05-22-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Virgil Caine

Disagree... From Metallica there is only one second-rate album and that is St.Anger. No guitar solos and it sounds like nu-metal. I don't like that album at all.

FasterPussycat
05-22-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Ozzy.

"Blizzard..." and "Diary.." were awesome then every album got rubbisher.

And his last few albums ("No more tears" onwards) have been horribly over-produced and they sound shit.

K…:D perhaps he'd beaten too many bat’s head…

DaLeeRo
05-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Well Guns N Roses went to shit didn't they.

I agree.... After their first album their travel have been to downhill.

FasterPussycat
05-22-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by FORD

Boys like Def Leppard for its muscic…Girls like them because of Joe Elliot!!:o :o

Soul Reaper
05-22-2005, 09:32 AM
Boys like Def Leppard for its muscic…Girls like them because of Joe Elliot!!:o :o

after High and Dry, it was cheese-rock, just like Van Hagar.Even you have to admit that!

FasterPussycat
05-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
after High and Dry, it was cheese-rock, just like Van Hagar.Even you have to admit that!

No, S/R! I wasn’t disagreeing at all. I am just busy looking at Joe Elliot’s you know what, so I didn’t notice they went downhill after Dry and High, k…:D :D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/meena1/Joe_P47.jpg

Dave's Bitch
05-23-2005, 09:17 PM

OMFG ME TOO,i used to love metallica but load and reload stunk of despiration,and st anger clinched it,now i cant even look at hetfield or larz without wanting to kill em all

Dave's Bitch
05-23-2005, 09:21 PM
I still love anything by Guns N Roses because AXL IS GUNS N ROSES

Terry
05-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Probably more than I'd care to admit:

Van Halen-1985, Roth split. 1986, 5150 is released. Chance to make amends and end career on high note blown in 1996. End of story

Aerosmith-flirting with disaster via 'Angel'. Pump was purty good, but by the time Get A Grip came out, the bands promo videos were more interesting than the music. 'Don't Wanna Miss A Thing' nailed the coffin shut. SuperBowl 'collaboration' with N'Sync/Spears is part of the sad aftermath.

Vivian Campbell-This guy blazed when he was with Dio. Stuck around with Whitesnake for a tour, then hopped on over to make some forgettable music with Def Leppard. Another waste of talent.

Gary Moore-Wild Frontier was the last gasp of greatness.

KISS-After bottoming out once in the early 1980s, then being reduced to convention exhibits in the mid 1990s, KISS in 1996 decided to bring back the lineup and stageshow that would enable the band to go out on top. Too bad it was one of those never ending farewell tours that has overstayed its welcome.

The Who-After Moon, these guys should have let it end. 1979 live shows with Jones were so-so, but even he wasn't trying by the time the first farewell tour in 1982 came around.

The Stones-Steel Wheels should have been the end of it. Sad to say, the Stones saw the profit margins and couldn't resist the lure of millions. Hell, they're not even bothering to write any new material anymore as an excuse for these football stadium jaunts. Just lay out your $200 and hear Jumping Jack Flash for the ten millionth time.

FasterPussycat
05-23-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Sammy's Bitch
OMFG ME TOO,i used to love metallica but load and reload stunk of despiration,and st anger clinched it,now i cant even look at hetfield or larz without wanting to kill em all

yep, they went down hill big time!!

Hoongood
05-24-2005, 04:56 PM

Eddie Van Halen
Tom Petty
John Mellencamp

Dave's Bitch
05-24-2005, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hoongood
[B]Eddie Van Halen

ill second that

shame on Ed

canadiandlrgirl
05-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Are they touring Canada this summer with Bryan Adams, too, or is it just a U.S. thing here? Here they're playing baseball fields only...

ya they're touring they are coming to Edmonton this summer!!!!!

Redballjets88
05-25-2005, 07:05 PM
the come to dallas 2 days after my b day

canadiandlrgirl
05-25-2005, 07:05 PM
metallica sucks period!!!! i liked some of their songs when they first came out....but i got sick of them fast... that is all my ex husband ever played :rolleyes:

canadiandlrgirl
05-25-2005, 07:11 PM

not true i happen to dig their music as well....they happen to be one of my favorite 80's hair bands next to Ratt!!!!

canadiandlrgirl
05-25-2005, 07:14 PM
No, S/R! I wasn’t disagreeing at all. I am just busy looking at Joe Elliot’s you know what, so I didn’t notice they went downhill after Dry and High, k…:D :D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/meena1/Joe_P47.jpg

it's called high and dry and they didnt go downhill...two of there best albums happen to have been pyromania and adrenalize

canadiandlrgirl
05-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
it's called high and dry and they didnt go downhill...two of there best albums happen to have been pyromania and adrenalize
i meant to say hysteria not pyromania.....

Golden AWe
05-26-2005, 04:37 AM
Never liked them too much but U2 definetely went bad during the last ten years or so...

Aerosmith - they made grate rock in the 70's, after their comeback, they just haven't been the band they used to be.

Metallica - 'nuff said.

FasterPussycat
05-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
Never liked them too much but U2 definetely went bad during the last ten years or so...

Aerosmith - they made grate rock in the 70's, after their comeback, they just haven't been the band they used to be.

Metallica - 'nuff said.

i've never dig U2 or aerosmith.

I liked "Dream on" though.

Metallica has broke my heart...

FasterPussycat
05-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Crimson Glory is not the same without Midnight also... :(

FasterPussycat
05-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Wonder what happen to Midnight?

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Skid row went bad after Sebastian Bach got kicked out

FasterPussycat
05-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
Skid row went bad after Sebastian Bach got kicked out

second to that...bach was Skid Row.

zeronumber
05-29-2005, 12:51 PM
Metallica, definately, after the "black" albulm, went downhill.
Pearl Jam, Aerosmith, the offspring, Slash, Alien Ant Farm, Powerman 5000, Garbage, and Rancid.

FasterPussycat
05-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by zeronumber
Pearl Jam, Aerosmith, the offspring, Slash, Alien Ant Farm, Powerman 5000, Garbage, and Rancid.

I agree with Metallica, but i have never liked Aerosmith.

Powerman 5000 and Rancid...not too familiar with therm.

WARF
05-29-2005, 08:25 PM
Def Leppard keeps gettin' worse every album.

SoldMySoul4RnR
05-30-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by zeronumber

Slash? You sure man? I mean 'Contraband' aint no 'Appeitite for Destruction'...but it's still pretty darn good. The guy still puts out music. If your gonna put Slash in, at least put GnR and Axl...the guy's a fucking joke, he makes the Eddie Van Halen of present look like he's still in his prime.

Shaun Ponsonby
05-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Well Guns N Roses went to shit didn't they.

Guns N Roses released a good album. One good song on Lies, UYI were both shit. GNR are one of the most overrated bands since sliced bread.

FasterPussycat
05-30-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Guns N Roses released a good album. One good song on Lies, UYI were both shit. GNR are one of the most overrated bands since sliced bread.

i agree 110%!

Shaun Ponsonby
05-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Fuck, thats twice we've agreed in 4 days.

FasterPussycat
05-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Fuck, thats twice we've agreed in 4 days.
We both have a good taste in music...what can i say!!

:dork: :D

Shaun Ponsonby
05-30-2005, 07:28 PM
That is true, in my opinion, my taste in music DOES surpass the taste of anybody's in the world.

FasterPussycat
05-30-2005, 07:51 PM
That is true, in my opinion, my taste in music DOES surpass the taste of anybody's in the world.

Aren’t you little arrogant eh? …Just kidding, not!!!:D :cool:

Shaun Ponsonby
05-30-2005, 08:17 PM
No, I suppose you think that YOU'VE got the best taste in music, same way everybody thinks that they have the best taste in music.

But, yes, I can get a little arrogant. Well, not really arrogant, just a bit full of myself at times.