PDA

View Full Version : Will Tommy Maddox Start Next Year?

hagarisafag
03-01-2004, 09:46 PM
I AM A HUGE Steelers fan like many other of you. I am a big Maddox Fan. He had a good stat wise yards year. However he was very up and down. I think Maddox had no protection. He deserves a new contract and another year!! LOOK HOW MANY YEARS THEY GAVE KORDELL!!

DLR7884
03-01-2004, 11:21 PM
Maddox sucks, he was a one year wonder. Defenses actually had time to view film on him and scheme against him. True, he had no line, but he still sucks.

Gaydell got cut today by the Bears, I'd laugh my ass off if the fucking Steelers signed him again.

DLR7884
They need a new QB, and fast.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-02-2004, 06:53 PM
There is a reliable poster (see other thread) that's saying that Marc Bulger may be headed to the 'Burgh.....

Apparently Mike Marks doesn't think too highly of either Bulger or Warner...

I guess we shall see in the coming days....

ALinChainz
03-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Free Agency starts tomorrow, March 3rd. We'll see if the Steelers make an offer to restricted QB Bulger.

I agree, thet need a QB in the worst way, I think Maddox would be a solid back-up, nothing more.

Troy
03-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Apparently Mike Marks doesn't think too highly of either Bulger or Warner...

Must be why they talked to Henson.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-03-2004, 08:17 PM
I'm kinda on the fence when it comes to Maddox....

In '02, when he had a solid O-line in front of him, he had a helluva year, after he relieved Kordell....

If they don't pursue another QB, and shore up the O-line (right tackle specifically), AND get an every down RB, I don't think I'd have a problem with Tommy....

There's even talk of Rothlesberger (sic) slipping down to the Steelers' #11 pick, meaning the NYG and Brownies pass on him....

Mama's Fool
03-04-2004, 07:15 AM
Draft a tackle. Get a guard or two in the second and third rounds. Make a deal for a running back or pick one up in the fourth round. Hell get a back in the second round and get the second guard in the fourth round.

ALinChainz
03-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Pittsburgh needs to shore up that O Line, no doubt about that. I'm not positive Roethlisberger (sp) will be there, but Rivers would be and he would be a solid addition also for the future.

They'll have to do something about a runningback, Bettis is on his last leg. They may go Jackson or Jones when their pick comes up.

Sarge
03-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Maddoxx deserves a contract.
He got paid shit last year.
The guy is not a bad qb and with some protection they could have been alot better.

Sarge
03-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz

They'll have to do something about a runningback, Bettis is on his last leg. .
He has been for several years now.
They should cut that guy

ALinChainz
03-04-2004, 12:51 PM
Burress needs to step it up too. He seems to lose interest if they aren't getting him the ball right away, or enough to his liking. He could be a stud, but he doesn't seem to want it. He should be murder in the red zone. I don't know if its play calling or what.

Chaz Rock City
03-10-2004, 01:53 AM
I'm not down on Maddox, his line sucked. I don't what is up with Burress. He has great talent, but his heart isn't in it like Hines Ward. That dude is a bad mutherfucker.

Lou
03-13-2004, 11:55 AM
That's really sad if you Stillers fans are reaching for Tommy Maddox to come through. The goal is to win a Super Bowl, right? Don't tell me you really think that Tommy Maddox is going to get you there. There's no upside with him, he is what he is. He'll have some nice games but overall he's mediocre. If you're hoping for even a good year from him you're going to be sorely disappointed.

POJO_Risin
03-14-2004, 12:48 AM
Look...he can throw a deep ball...

if the Steelers have a running game...they don't need to depend on the QB...they just need him to not make mistakes...

Will Maddox make mistakes is the question...and I say yes...and Bulger isn't the answer either...overrated as all hell if you ask me...

I think Pittsburgh can go far with Maddox, Burress, Ward and Staley...but it's all about the line...

The line wasn't that good last year...but they didn't have a running game...which allowed the D to go after Maddox...this year they won't be able to do that...

Va Beach VH Fan
03-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Yup, Poj nailed it....

As I've said 135 times before, it doesn't matter if Joe Montana is their QB, if the O-line is shitty, the QB will have shitty numbers....

So, look at how Maddox performed in 2002, with a healthy O-line, as compared to last year, with a banged-up O-line...

POJO_Risin
03-14-2004, 03:02 PM
With Maddox...that very well may be the truth...unfortunately Va...we only have 2 years to go by...One very good one...and one very bad one...

So the question is...is he the qb in 2002...or 2003...

Lets not forget his age...although a young 33 or 34...or whatever the hell he is...he's not a young wipper-snapper any more...

If they have a healthy line though...I'd bank on him having a good year...

Hey...I got a report from home that says the Steelers are highly considering picking up Couch again...say it isn't so...

POJO_Risin
03-14-2004, 03:03 PM
If they are fucking idiotic enough to pick up Couch and start him...I won't watch a Steeler game this year...