PDA

View Full Version : Uhhh...another Dead Rock Star is really alive?

Hardrock69
05-23-2005, 02:23 PM
Launch Radio Networks reports: No, it's not another rerun of the 1983 film "Eddie & the Cruisers" — there's a new report that says late DOORS frontman Jim Morrison is alive. Last night's (Friday, May 20) episode of the tabloid TV show "A Current Affair" had a story that Morrison is alive and well, and living in the Pacific Northwest. The show aired footage shot by a "cowboy filmmaker" named Gerald Pitts, who said, "In 1998, Jim Morrison had showed up at our rodeos, here in southern Oregon, and we discovered him living on a ranch, raising show-quality Arabian horses and paint horses. And I shot some footage of my friend...(and) Jim got in the motion picture film. One thing led to another."

Also featured on the show is Cherri Woods, who owns the building in Hollywood where Morrison lived before he moved to Paris. Woods, who gives tours of and rents out the property, also sells the Pitts film. She claims to have spoken to Morrison, and she told the show, "I was given Jim's telephone number and address and the alias that the FBI gave him that he's been living under. I have all of the information. Pages and pages of notes, of information I have verified that has shown me that (the video) in fact is Jim Morrison."

There's more "evidence" to the story, but you'll have to watch "A Current Affair" to see it. The show is syndicated, so check your local listings for the time and channel in your area.

It should be noted that there's been no comment from Morrison's bandmates on the story. Previously, keyboardist Ray Manzarek told Launch that he was sick and tired of all the sensationalizing, which comes at the expense of Morrison's true legacy: "Certainly we wouldn't want to — we wouldn't want to talk about the art of Jim Morrison or the poetry of Jim Morrison, would we?"

Soul Reaper
05-23-2005, 02:33 PM
they say that it's him, but it's most probably some guy who looks like him. Unless I see those photos for myself, I fail to believe this.

DlocRoth
05-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Rubbish.

Hardrock69
05-23-2005, 02:43 PM
Here is the webpage of Rodeo photographer Gerald Pitts:

http://www.rodeoswest.com/

Video Clip supposedly of The Lizard King:

http://www.rodeoswest.com/Movie004.asf

Photo:

Mezro
05-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Are you shitting me? That hick is not the Lizard King!

Mezro...more like the Gizzard King...

Soul Reaper
05-23-2005, 02:53 PM
definitely not Jim Morrison.

what a load of crap!

Hardrock69
05-23-2005, 03:02 PM
Definitely? You saying he would look exactly the same now as he did 35 years ago in 1970?

Personally I feel this is the same kind of thing as that shrink in the Kansas City area a few years back who claimed to be treating Elvis....a Cleveland TV station got in touch with the guy, and got DNA samples.

3 of them. One was known Elvis DNA from a biopsy procedure he had done in the early 70s, another was authentic DNA from his "corpse" and the third was DNA from the guy who was claiming to be Elvis in 2000.

Guess what the results were?

The DNA samples were from 3 different people!

So if it really is JimBob Morrison, give up the DNA and let's see....

As I said above though, if I were to go ONLY by that photo of "Cowboy Jim", nobody in their right mind could positively state it is NOT him....35 years can change someone's appearance at least THAT much...

bueno bob
05-23-2005, 04:54 PM
DNA test oughta clear it right the fuck up. Let's see who's willing to give one.

Mr Badguy
05-23-2005, 05:02 PM
If he was the REAL Jim Morrison, do you think he would pose for a picture like that one, complete with slogan on the bottom stating who he is, after faking his own death and hiding for 35 years?

Think about it.

Mr Badguy
05-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Oh, and I`m sure Bruce Lee served me up Egg fried rice in my local chinky the other night.

Doesn`t look much like he used to but I`m sure it was him.

mentalpancake
05-23-2005, 05:05 PM
If that's him then he should go back in hiding, no one needs to see that.

The Doors are fucking amazing though, they're my favorite band besides Van Halen.

FORD
05-23-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
If he was the REAL Jim Morrison, do you think he would pose for a picture like that one, complete with slogan on the bottom stating who he is, after faking his own death and hiding for 35 years?

Think about it.

Unless the fucking travesty of the "Doors 21st Century" pissed him off enough to come out of hiding?

ThrillsNSpills
05-23-2005, 05:21 PM
Sounds like Wayne L. got his first "story" published.

bueno bob
05-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Unless the fucking travesty of the "Doors 21st Century" pissed him off enough to come out of hiding?

That's the only reason at all I'd be willing to humor the idea...lmao

Rikk
05-23-2005, 05:45 PM
Believe me, I'd love Morrison to be alive. But he's dead. The very fact that his partner was grieving for three years (truly grieving) and died of a drug overdose three years later is proof enough.

He's dead. And that idiot doesn't look anything like him. Plus, if Morrison were still alive, he'd be fat...

Warham
05-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Yep, he'd probably be pushing 300 by now.

Hardrock69
05-24-2005, 12:42 AM
If not daisies....

I am going to keep up on this until it blows up.

We know it will....it is like watching a train wreck in slow mo...and there is nothing you can do to stop it.....

Matt White
05-24-2005, 12:44 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Mr. MOJO RISIN' would be 61 this year!:D

'Dat hillbilly AIN'T The Lizard King!!!

Panamark
05-24-2005, 03:48 AM
Thankgod ! Maybe now we will get that Elvis/Morrison collaboration album !!!

Terry
05-24-2005, 08:00 AM
That whole 'Jim is alive' thing was cooked up by Danny Sugarman and Jerry Hopkins to sell a few more copies of No One Here Gets Out Alive. French officials who handled the body and inquiry have gone on record as saying Jim is, in fact, dead. Ray used to play around with the Jim's alive myth in interviews for a while, but finally stopped trying to imply that a while ago.

Why would the FBI help Jim relocate and fake his own death? He wasn't a government witness or anything like that.

Nah. Doors were a great band, but Jim died in the bathtub.

Hardrock69
05-24-2005, 10:25 AM
I will say this though....

As fucked up as the world is today, it would not surprise me one bit if Hendrix, Joplin & Morrison were silenced by various (or a single) government agency from some country....

FORD
05-24-2005, 11:07 AM
Goddamn BCE :mad:

sammysucks65
05-24-2005, 03:05 PM
hey jim morrison look alike is in waynes world 2

Hardrock69
05-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Ha...those scenes in that film were classic....

The Deaf Mute Naked Indian....

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

LoungeMachine
05-24-2005, 05:29 PM
If that's Jim Morrison then I'm Kip Winger

LoungeMachine
05-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Nah. Doors were a great band, but Jim died in the bathtub.

What a GREAT name for a Band.....

Bathtub Jim

:cool:

diamondD
05-24-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Goddamn BCE :mad:

Andy Kaufman has gone on record lately that the BCE is directly responsible for all faked celebrity deaths. You should start a campaign to prove him right. I hear he's helping Howard Dean write his speeches lately, so maybe you can get the Democratic Underground.loons to get an interview with him?