PDA

View Full Version : Judas Priest to release DVD from Japanese shows

Hardrock69
05-23-2005, 02:51 PM
According to Sony Music Japan, JUDAS PRIEST's upcoming live CD will carry the title "Re-Unleashed in the East" and is tentatively due this fall.

JUDAS PRIEST filmed and recorded their May 18-19 shows at the Budokan in Tokyo, Japan for the album as well as a full-length concert DVD. The band used three cameras and two large screens during the sold-out shows, which were attended by a total of 20,000 people.

JUDAS PRIEST Management Co-Ordinator Jayne Andrews has issued the following update:

"I have just flown back from Japan with the band where they played to really amazingly enthusiastic audiences throughout — they blew the roof off at the last two shows at the Budokan in Tokyo!! Every show was fantastic!! We all had a really great time together and want to thank the Japanese fans for their loyalty and support!!

"We have just confirmed some dates in South America and Mexico and will be announcing them shortly!!

"We are working on a second leg in the U.S. and Canada and once finalised will announce the dates [on the official web site].

Shaun Ponsonby
05-24-2005, 07:10 AM
I knew they were doing a DVD, but I didn't know they were doing an album as well...thats good.

I wonder if Bob will complain about ANOTHER Priest live album?

Well, Bob, here is my argument in advance.

1st one (Unleashed In The East) was the end of that era of Priest.
2nd one (Priest...Live) was another important period of Priest, when they tried a commercial sound.
3rd one (Meltdown) had an addition of a new singer, so once again an important period of the band's career.
4th one (Live In London) wasn't supposed to be released as an album...just a DVD, their first DVD, but the record company released it as an album.
This one (their 5th) is of their first proper tour with classic line-up vocalist. So, this too is an important period for the band.

Hardrock69
05-24-2005, 10:23 AM
The only drag is listening to Halford in his 50s singing songs he sang in his younger days and not being able to cut it like he used to.

The set list has Exciter??? My Alan!!!

I have quit acquiring bootleg tapes of them from shows they have done recently with Halford simply because I want to hear the banshee wail from Hell, not some extreme raspy sandpaper sound.

That said, he is still a far better vocalist than many others on the scene...

Shaun Ponsonby
05-24-2005, 02:51 PM
I think considering the state of alot of vocalists his age, its still quite powerful. But, you can let him off because he is Rob Halford. Ozzy WAS the man of the people, Dickinson is the ball of energy, but Halford is the metal god.

Hardrock69
05-24-2005, 05:02 PM
I could not agree more.

First time I saw them was '82...I was standing at the rail with only 6 or 7 people...it was a reserved seat show, but security did not make us leave.

I was tripping on acid, and it being my first Priest show, I was freaking out at Halford's power and range.

I mean it is one thing to listen to cds or tapes but something else entirely to witness it first hand!

So it must have been obvious how he was affecting me, because he started leaning over the monitor and scrweaming at ME whenever he did one of his banshee wails!

Then he would back up and laugh....I musta looked like someone whose mind was blasted away...but then, it WAS blasted away....

They are my all-time favorite band.

I sure hope they come to Gnashville on the second leg of the tour...hopefully Queensryche will still be opening for them if they do...

Shaun Ponsonby
05-25-2005, 09:58 AM
I hope they tour again next year. Seriously, move over System Of A Down, move over Slipknot. let PRIEST show you how it's done.

I don't give a fuck if Halford is gay. I have no problem with gay people so long as they don't go on gay pride marches and then say "leave us the fuck alone". That's why he is STILL the metal god.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=491561

JUDAS IS RISING!!

Hardrock69
05-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Yeah...his personal life has nothing whatsoever to do with his abilities as THE METAL GOD.

scottd1984
05-26-2005, 04:21 PM
I Know i'm looking forward to it. I saw them on the "Screaming for Vengeance'' tour and i won't forget it

rustoffa
05-26-2005, 09:46 PM
Looking forward to the show here. Halford...blah fucking blah...he's the benchmark of METAL vocalists.

Hopefully, they'll throw some "Heavy Metal Parking Lot" clips on the disc.

Naw, that ain't gonna happen.

:p