PDA

View Full Version : Just received this email

Shaun Ponsonby
05-24-2005, 10:05 AM
Got this from Queenonline

"At face value it’s an unlikely alliance: regal rockers Queen and popular-vote comedian Peter Kay. But for the third time in as many months, Kay and Queen are to appear together again.

First there was Kay’s now famous ‘Amarillo’ video for Comic Relief which saw Queen’s Brian May and Roger Taylor join Kay in a jog down the Mall. Next, Kay delighted 16,000 Queen fans when he and Max and Paddy co-star Patrick McGuinness made an impromptu stage appearance during the Queen + Paul Rodgers Manchester Arena concert earlier this month.

Now it has been announced that Kay is joining up with Queen for the band’s massive outdoor London concert this summer.

Britain’s best loved comic, Kay is to appear as the band’s special guest when Queen + Paul Rodgers perform in Hyde Park on Friday July 8.

Kay will bring his unique brand of live performance to a concert bill which also includes band of the moment, Razorlight.

With no plans to perform live this summer, Kay was persuaded to appear at Hyde Park by Queen’s Brian May and Roger Taylor and new front man, fellow northerner, Paul Rodgers, all committed fans.

Kay will perform a set specially tailored to the event as well at taking on the role of ‘Master of Ceremonies’.

In just a matter of years Peter Kay has risen from success in television with series such as That Peter Kay Thing and Phoenix Nights to become the UK’s biggest selling live comic performer. His most recent tour, his Mum Wants a Bungalow Tour had a sell-out run for over 11 months. The tour culminated in a record breaking performance to 8,000 at the Manchester MEN Arena. The recording of the concert shown on Channel 4 was seen by over 7.1 million viewers.

On the prospect of appearing before an outdoor audience of 85,000 and alongside two of Britain’s heaviest rock bands, Kay says: “I can’t think of a better way to spend a summer’s evening…bring it on.”

The Hyde Park concert sees Queen bring to a close it’s phenomenally successful European tour with Paul Rodgers which brought them back to touring for the first time in almost 20 years and saw them sell out over two dozen concerts in the UK and throughout Europe. It brings the band back to Hyde Park after almost 30 years, having first played in the park on September 18, 1976 when their free concert drew an audience of more than 150,000.

Queen + Paul Rodgers, with special guest Peter Kay, featuring Razorlight, London Hyde Park, Friday July 8, 2005. Doors open 3:30pm. Bands on stage 5:00pm."

Hardrock69
05-24-2005, 10:19 AM
GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

ME WANTS NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES!!!!
:mad:

Shaun Ponsonby
05-24-2005, 03:04 PM
They will be announced soon, Hardrock. They are just waiting for confirmation.

In fact, I hear that they are going to play Madison Square Garden in September.

Hardrock69
05-24-2005, 05:05 PM
Yeah I heard that as well.

DaLeeRo
05-24-2005, 05:31 PM
QUEEN!!!!

I would like to see them, but i don't think that they're comin' to finland.:(

Shaun Ponsonby
05-25-2005, 09:32 AM
The only dates that are left in Europe are out door shows in July.

2 July-Lisbon, Estadio Restelo
6 July-Cologne, Energie Stadion
8 July-London, Hyde Park
10 July-Netherlands, Nimegen, Gottenpark

So, no, they are not playing Finland.