PDA

View Full Version : Obese Woman Referred to Zoo for MRI

rustoffa
05-24-2005, 09:22 PM
A 407-pound New York woman claims she is suffering severe pain because her obesity leaves her unable to get proper medical attention.

Jennifer Walters, who is bed-ridden and cannot walk because of excessive weight, told the New York Post because she cannot fit into a magnetic resonance imaging machine, a doctor said she should go to the Bronx Zoo for an X-ray.

"It's humiliating. I was told if elephants and hippos need MRIs, they have the equipment at the Bronx Zoo. It was like I was an animal," Walters told the Post.

Walkers said she has excruciating pain in her back and legs. The Post said one of the doctors Walters said made the zoo suggestions said he used to do it, "but I don't think we do it anymore."

New York politicians have recently called for an end of what they termed medical discrimination against obese people.

For the record, the Bronx Zoo told the Post it gets about a dozen such calls a year but it doesn't have such facilities for its animals.

academic punk
05-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa

New York politicians have recently called for an end of what they termed medical discrimination against obese people.

This is true! There was a recent lawsuit from an obese man who nearly died b/c the ambulance wasn't big enough to fit him in, and he nearly died as a result!

Ever since, b/c like it or not, the guy was correct and his complaint and suit had validity, NY state is doing more than ever to accomodate our plus-sized neighbors.

rustoffa
05-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Fuck, did somebody relocate?

diamondsgirl
05-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Fuck, did somebody relocate?

lol :D

Rikk
05-24-2005, 09:31 PM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=517818

UGS
05-24-2005, 09:32 PM
Here's a solution. . .PUT DOWN THE FUCKING FORK

Rikk
05-24-2005, 09:32 PM
No shit.:p

vanzilla
05-24-2005, 09:34 PM
I didn't know Jennifer Walters was recently banned from here.

UGS
05-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
No shit.:p

It just seems to make sense that if you tackle a problem at it's source, it tends to go away . . .crazy isn't it?

academic punk
05-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Obesity isn't something to be laughed at: it's as serious a condition as cancer.

The woman literally could not get out of bed. She could not walk down the street without major pain. This is WAAAAAY past the point of "putting down the fork and getting some exercise". Maybe joking about Sammy being fat is one thing - he COULD control it if he wanted (and besides, he's an undeserved millionaire - he can handle a few jabs about his weight).

It's an extremely sad predicament, b/c, espeically for a woman, it branches off into self-esteem issues about her confidence and her sexuality. It's not something anyone CHOOSES.

Sorry to be such a gunt about this, but weight jokes re: women just don;t do it for me.

vanzilla
05-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
Obesity isn't something to be laughed at: it's as serious a condition as cancer.

The woman literally could not get out of bed. She could not walk down the street without major pain. This is WAAAAAY past the point of "putting down the fork and getting some exercise". Maybe joking about Sammy being fat is one thing - he COULD control it if he wanted (and besides, he's an undeserved millionaire - he can handle a few jabs about his weight).

It's an extremely sad predicament, b/c, espeically for a woman, it branches off into self-esteem issues about her confidence and her sexuality. It's not something anyone CHOOSES.

Sorry to be such a gunt about this, but weight jokes re: women just don;t do it for me.

God punk, you're such a fag.

academic punk
05-24-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by vanzilla
God punk, you're such a fag.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHSAHA SHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHADICKHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGS
05-24-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
It's not something anyone CHOOSES.

Perhaps not, but when people choose to do nothing to prevent it, then it's just as bad.

rustoffa
05-24-2005, 10:02 PM
It's all over but the shouting if a forklift destroys a bay window.

ashstralia
05-25-2005, 04:33 AM
the other night on american idol,
they showed bo signing stuff in his hometown.
i was shocked at the amount of big fat people.

there's a lot of fatties in my area too, i wanna shake them
and ask how much extra for a supersized coffin.

obesity is completely 100% preventable.
(nice tautology)