PDA

View Full Version : most overated bands

canadiandlrgirl
05-25-2005, 06:39 PM
i'm probably going to get flamed for this....but to me the most overated band is probably Led Zepplin.....don't get me wrong i dig alot of their stuff!!! but i don't think page was better then Eddie and i definatley DON'T think Plant was better then Roth....they play alot of zepplin and alot of CVH where i live and i could get sick of Zepplin...but CVH on the other hand i could listen to them all day...
who do you think is the most overated band and i'm sorry if this has been talked about already:confused:

BOMBER
05-25-2005, 06:47 PM
I think Led Zep are a little overated also,give me Halen over them any day of the week.I like them but there are several bands catalogues that get me going more than theirs.
Pearl Jam are for me though the most overated of all,I've never liked really any of their stuff and don't get the hype.

Redballjets88
05-25-2005, 06:50 PM
the most overated band is probably Led Zepplin

thats true and ac/dc and aerosmith

Figs
05-25-2005, 06:52 PM
Springsteen

canadiandlrgirl
05-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by BOMBER
I think Led Zep are a little overated also,give me Halen over them any day of the week.I like them but there are several bands catalogues that get me going more than theirs.
Pearl Jam are for me though the most overated of all,I've never liked really any of their stuff and don't get the hype.

i totally agree...along with nirvana and all that alternative crap that is what ruined music.... the day that bullshit came out

Redballjets88
05-25-2005, 07:01 PM
yeah pearl jam does suck i dont see what the appeal was and every band that plays music nowadays with all their whiny voices and acoutic album ....that pisses me off royally

canadiandlrgirl
05-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
yeah pearl jam does suck i dont see what the appeal was and every band that plays music nowadays with all their whiny voices and acoutic album ....that pisses me off royally

to me they all sound the same....like garbage they are living proof anyone can sing

Big Fat Sammy
05-25-2005, 07:36 PM
Led Zep - no way is overrated.

Nirvana & Pearl Jam - sure.

Anything that is on the radio or TV (USA) - You bet!

Dave's Bitch
05-25-2005, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
[B]Led Zep - no way is overrated.

Nirvana & Pearl Jam - sure.

i second that.fucking nirvana are so overrated and crap

academic punk
05-25-2005, 07:54 PM
The Doors.

Buncha drivel, if ya ask me.

Warham
05-25-2005, 07:55 PM
I'd go along with Springsteen being overrated throughout the majority of his career. Most people don't realize that he's never had a #1 single throughout his 25 plus years of recording.

Big Fat Sammy
05-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Warham
I'd go along with Springsteen being overrated throughout the majority of his career. Most people don't realize that he's never had a #1 single throughout his 25 plus years of recording.

The good Springsteen songs are very good IMO...the E Street Band rock out stuff like Born To Run, I like. The acoustic singer /songwriter shit sucks though....its just boring as hell.

Lets mention Clapton again...OVERRATED

:D

Metallica - Overrated

:D

All hip-hop...and...

Regae and Ska bands...jam bands...Phish, Dead, ect...

FORD
05-25-2005, 08:58 PM

Weak argument, dude.

#1 singles haven't had a thing to do with rock n roll since Creedence Clearwater Revival broke up in 1972. So Bruce has never had a #1 single? So what? Neither has Van Halen. Neither has Led Zeppelin. Neither has the Who. Neither has Ac/Dc, or the Ramones, or the Sex Pistols, or Motorhead, or Pink Floyd. The Stones have been around for over 40 years, and if I'm not mistaken, Honky Tonk Women is the only #1 single they ever had. And that's probably only because it wasn't on an album, and you HAD to buy the 45 to hear it.

On the other hand, the BeeGees had lots of #1 hits in the late 70's with their godawful disco horseshit. Milli Vanilli had #1 hits that they didn't even fucking sing. And Titney Spears has #1 hits that she didn't write.

What does a #1 single mean anymore? Corporate payola, and that's about all.

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 09:00 PM
My votes for most overrated acts ever: The Beatles, Bruce Springsteen, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana (sorry Rikk), Pearl Jam, Journey, Metallica, Motley Crue, The Rolling Stones.

canadiandlrgirl
05-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
My votes for most overrated acts ever: The Beatles, Bruce Springsteen, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana (sorry Rikk), Pearl Jam, Journey, Metallica, Motley Crue.

wow that is quite a list there bob....i forgot about the beatles, i hate the fuckin' beatles....i squash beatles and the rest of them is right on too especially that goddamn metallica(blah) as for motley crue i like their older stuff and i will add one more to that list Bon FUCKIN' Jovi....there, that about sums it up for now i'm sure i'll think of more though!!!!!!!!!

Big Fat Sammy
05-25-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
wow that is quite a list there bob....i forgot about the beatles, i hate the fuckin' beatles....i squash beatles and the rest of them is right on too especially that goddamn metallica(blah) as for motley crue i like their older stuff and i will add one more to that list Bon FUCKIN' Jovi....there, that about sums it up for now i'm sure i'll think of more though!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!! I've met others who hate the Beatles and think they are worthless over rated crap!!! Yeah!!!

Fuck those Beatles!!! Sounds like childrens nursery rhymes and bad chuck berry covers to me! Fuck em!

Don't know how I overlooked the lads! :D

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 09:26 PM
The Beatles were fucking awful. I'm sorry, I know that's not much of a popular opinion, but Jesus Christ...they were WAY overrated, I don't have any fucking idea what the draw was in them...

The Beach Boys had more fucking talent in Brian Wilson's left nut then the entire Beatles had combined, IMO.

canadiandlrgirl
05-25-2005, 09:34 PM
The Beatles were fucking awful. I'm sorry, I know that's not much of a popular opinion, but Jesus Christ...they were WAY overrated, I don't have any fucking idea what the draw was in them...

The Beach Boys had more fucking talent in Brian Wilson's left nut then the entire Beatles had combined, IMO.

lmao.....oh my god that is sick but true!!!

Big Fat Sammy
05-25-2005, 09:48 PM

I sometimes wonder about "popular opinion". They aren't too damn popular in this thread!

And you are right about Brian's left nut.

In Frank Zappa's book, he tells the story of why the Beatles are famous. Because they were the first "self-contained" singing group. Little girls had a CHOICE of who their favorite one was.

monkeythe
05-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Bob Dylan is the most overrated musician ever. All the critics still suck his dick even though no one can understand what the fuck is coming out of his mouth

Warham
05-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Weak argument, dude.

#1 singles haven't had a thing to do with rock n roll since Creedence Clearwater Revival broke up in 1972. So Bruce has never had a #1 single? So what? Neither has Van Halen. Neither has Led Zeppelin. Neither has the Who. Neither has Ac/Dc, or the Ramones, or the Sex Pistols, or Motorhead, or Pink Floyd. The Stones have been around for over 40 years, and if I'm not mistaken, Honky Tonk Women is the only #1 single they ever had. And that's probably only because it wasn't on an album, and you HAD to buy the 45 to hear it.

On the other hand, the BeeGees had lots of #1 hits in the late 70's with their godawful disco horseshit. Milli Vanilli had #1 hits that they didn't even fucking sing. And Titney Spears has #1 hits that she didn't write.

What does a #1 single mean anymore? Corporate payola, and that's about all.

Actually, the Stones have had 9 #1 singles.

I agree it ultimately doesn't matter, but chart success does impact your legacy. Even Bob Dylan has had #1 hits, at least songs that were written by him (Mr. Tambourine Man comes to mind).

The Beatles had 20 #1 hits, and that does give some creedence to them being regarded as the best band of all-time.

Redballjets88
05-25-2005, 11:04 PM
wasnt jump a #1 single

tydhurst
05-25-2005, 11:26 PM

Nah, Not true i'm afraid.

Originally posted by Sammy's Bitch

fucking nirvana are so overrated and crap

Overrated, maybe, crap, nah!

And who the fuck said Zep was overrated. Fool.

Rikk
05-25-2005, 11:38 PM
I was waiting for you to jump in here and defend THE BEATLES. BOB is my brother at this site...but those BEATLES comments are shit.;) That band was more than fucking brilliant...they're the cream of the crop.

THE BEATLES were not overrated in any way. People sometimes say they don't they were influential because they simply don't realize just HOW MUCH we take for granted originated with those guys.

Almost every band listed in this thread I have in my CD collection. I have over 1500 CDs and listen to almost all of 'em. I love all sorts of music and the brilliance in most good music is still subjective. For instance, I hate JOURNEY. I think they are horrible, putrid, cheesy shit. But if someone else likes 'em, go for it. THE BEATLES, NIRVANA, METALLICA, SPRINGSTEEN...all top-notch artists. All four are unbelievably influential. I love all four.

You want over-rated? How about DAVE MATTHEWS BAND...;)

Redballjets88
05-25-2005, 11:40 PM
sex pistols are overrated

tydhurst
05-25-2005, 11:43 PM
sex pistols are overrated

True!
Originally posted by Rikk
I was waiting for you to jump in here and defend THE BEATLES.

Who, Me?

Rikk
05-25-2005, 11:49 PM
SEX PISTOLS are one of my favorite bands. They wrote great songs, helped cultivate garage guitar rock killing a million annoying wankers that can't write songs, had a great image, knocked popular culture on its arse and produced one of the greatest albums of the 1970s. Check out their film THE FILTH AND THE FURY. I got it on DVD...it's brilliant.

jay_are
05-25-2005, 11:53 PM
If you think the Beatles were overrated then you must be under 20 years old. I mean, what could you be listening to? Someone also mentioned Clapton (who co-wrote one the best songs ever - Layla) If it wasn't for him and Hendrix you wouldn't have EVH, Satriani, Vai or Dimebag. You want overrated try Duran Duran.

Redballjets88
05-25-2005, 11:55 PM
the sex pistols are unoriginal they didnt make up punk they were told to do what they did by there manger

Redballjets88
05-25-2005, 11:57 PM
they also stole ideas from other artists namely johnny thunders...guitarist from the NY Dolls who came 3 years before sex pistols with punk but the credit is given to the pistols for no reason

Rikk
05-26-2005, 12:02 AM
I have the Dolls' albums. I have T.REX. IGGY. All the punk influences. And none of them sound remotely like the PISTOLS. And the PISTOLS don't sound remotely like them. Johnny Thuders was awesome, but he sounds nothing like Steve Jones. Jones invented his own style, with double-octave rhythms that sounded like buzzsaws. And the PISTOLS' songs and vocal styles were totally new.

There were tons of great bands that were pidgeon-holed into the whole stupid "punk" classification. Who cares which ones was the first? It's about which ones were good...not who came first in the music papers' attempt at categorizing the whole thing.

Redballjets88
05-26-2005, 12:06 AM
do you not realize that the sex pistols used the same manager as the dolls and then when they got famous the went and turned on the dolls listen the the song new york its about them

Rikk
05-26-2005, 12:08 AM
do you not realize that the sex pistols used the same manager as the dolls and then when they got famous the went and turned on the dolls listen the the song new york its about them

They didn't turn on the fucking Dolls. They loves the Dolls. They even talk in the movie about what an influence bands like that were.

The Pistols were formed by the manager adding Rotten to the rest of the crew. They wrote their own music, had their own image...he didn't think of any of that shit. That's how they actually dressed. McClaren was along for the ride. And who gives a flying fuck if he also managed the Dolls? Just because he did, does that make the fact that millions have enjoyed that album totally wrong?

Redballjets88
05-26-2005, 12:11 AM
have you listened to new tork lately? or have you listened the the dolls "Londons Boys" song ? its a war of words

Big Fat Sammy
05-26-2005, 12:25 AM
They sound nothing alike I agree..Dolls and Sex Pistols. Both were good..Steve Jones copped the one guitar lick that was in every Dolls song...But Thunders got it from Chuck Berry...so does that make Chuck better?

Big Fat Sammy
05-26-2005, 12:27 AM
Oh yeah Dave Mathews IS very overrated...can't believe I forgot about him.

Redballjets88
05-26-2005, 12:33 AM
i like the dolls way more they are very underapprecitaed same with Johnny Thunders and the heartbreakers

Matt White
05-26-2005, 12:48 AM
OVERRATED: U2, The Smiths, & The Clash.

Yuck

Big Fat Sammy
05-26-2005, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Matt White

Yuck

Yep...all 3

The only people that put iced tea in Jack Daniels bottles ......:D

Rikk
05-26-2005, 01:16 AM

Yuck

Can't agree with THE CLASH, great band.

Hardly listened to THE SMITHS.

But U2...fucking sick of them. Totally fucking overrated. Pretty good band...but great band in history that deserve this legend status? Gimme a fucking break.

Matt White
05-26-2005, 01:26 AM
Let's see...who else.

The Grateful Dead

The Pixies

Phish

Springsteen

The Strokes

Television

The Velvet Underground

Iggy & the Stooges

Big Fat Sammy
05-26-2005, 01:56 AM
Let's see...who else.

The Grateful Dead

The Pixies

Phish

Springsteen

The Strokes

Television

The Velvet Underground

I'm taking Iggy out of that list...but the rest are overrated IMO

I kinda like Television...but they are kinda hyped and jacked up a little more than they should be....slightly overrated.

Fun House by the Stooges ROCKS!

Rikk
05-26-2005, 02:52 AM
Putting IGGY on that list is a fucking crime, MATT. You should know better. Anyway, THE STOOGES are one of the greatest rock bands in history. SPRINGSTEEN also shouldn't be on that list. Same with THE VELVET UNDERGROUND. LOADED is one of my favorite albums. And THE PIXIES? Get out, bro. I saw them live in November...one of the best shows I've ever seen.

NATEDOG001976
05-26-2005, 03:05 AM
KISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NATEDOG001976
05-26-2005, 03:06 AM
Greatfull Dead!

blueturk
05-26-2005, 03:11 AM
It's just my opinion, but I think The Grateful Dead are without a doubt the most overrated band in the history of popular music.

Panamark
05-26-2005, 03:28 AM
Tough Crowd.

Where do you draw the line at overated as opposed to innovative ??
Many of the names being mentioned as overatted, changed the
course of music forever.

The Beatles and the Sex Pistols, Led Zep and yes, even the Beach
Boys all made an impact on popular music that reverberated onto all
musical acts that followed.

I even admit Nirvana was influential, even though I dont own a
single Nirvana record.

Not sure where Im going with this :p

But you cant write off a musical entity that undeniably changed the
course of music forever, as overated.

How can anyone say, Elvis, The Beatles, Buddy Holly etc are
overated ?? These guys physically changed music forever.

Matt White
05-26-2005, 10:58 AM
Putting IGGY on that list is a fucking crime, MATT. You should know better. Anyway, THE STOOGES are one of the greatest rock bands in history. SPRINGSTEEN also shouldn't be on that list. Same with THE VELVET UNDERGROUND. LOADED is one of my favorite albums. And THE PIXIES? Get out, bro. I saw them live in November...one of the best shows I've ever seen.

OVERRATED does not =SHITTY BAND.

STOOGES=OVERRATED

SPRINGSTEEN=OVERRATED

V.UNDERGROUND= GROSSLY OVERRATED

PIXIES=OVERRATED

Not saying any of the above bands aren't "good", or in some cases "grate". OVERRATED. Big difference.

:D Pay attention folks!

Redballjets88
05-26-2005, 11:05 AM
velvet underground make me throw up

bueno bob
05-26-2005, 12:33 PM
Well, I'm gonna have to agree to disagree with some folks here...all in peace, of course :) But I still feel most of what's been looked upon as highly rated is overrated (Dylan, U2, Beatles, Springsteen, et al).

It could be that it's just me, you know, but...not saying that they weren't influencial, you know, because they were...I'd be fool to deny that, but as musicians, I really think they were strongly overrated and still are to this day.

Just me. :)

Redballjets88
05-26-2005, 12:38 PM
there are more overrated ands than good bands

Warham
05-26-2005, 01:03 PM
I love the Beach Boys more than almost anybody here, and the Beatles were Brian's biggest foil, but there's no way they are overrated. Listen to Strawberry Fields Forever. :D

Rikk
05-26-2005, 01:12 PM
OVERRATED does not =SHITTY BAND.

STOOGES=OVERRATED

SPRINGSTEEN=OVERRATED

V.UNDERGROUND= GROSSLY OVERRATED

PIXIES=OVERRATED

Not saying any of the above bands aren't "good", or in some cases "grate". OVERRATED. Big difference.

:D Pay attention folks!

Can't agree. THE STOOGES, UNDERGROUND and PIXIES are more influential than some of the hard rock acts I see people praising at this site. But they're not just great because they're influential...the live shows put on especially by the STOOGES and the PIXIES were unprecented. And the UNDERGROUND made truly timeless music. SPRINGSTEEN? Nobody ever really repeated his style properly, but dude is popular for a reason.

How does one state that something is universally overrated? It's only when someone is constantly attributed with things that can't be attributed to them (and fairly objective attributions) that the classification truly works. Everything that I've read about those four artists I can hear in spades on their records. Now, I'm not saying everybody has to like them. But I feel the praise is totally valid. There is no band on Earth that everybody likes.

FasterPussycat
05-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Bon Jovi without a doubt...

canadiandlrgirl
05-26-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by tydhurst
Nah, Not true i'm afraid.

Overrated, maybe, crap, nah!

And who the fuck said Zep was overrated. Fool.

they are overated!!!!!!!!!!

canadiandlrgirl
05-26-2005, 02:17 PM

Yuck

i was waitng for someone to say U2.....i couldn't agree more

canadiandlrgirl
05-26-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
KISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kiss is not overated.....they don't play enough of them here

Redballjets88
05-26-2005, 02:23 PM
kiss is i got their greatest hits and then realized i only like 4 of there songs

Rikk
05-26-2005, 02:23 PM
kiss is i got their greatest hits and then realized i only like 4 of there songs

Oh shit. I better burn all my KISS CDs.

Redballjets88
05-26-2005, 02:25 PM
i didnt say that they suck i like kiss they are awesome there image and the songs i like kick ass but overall i dont understand the whole "kiss army" and stuff like that

canadiandlrgirl
05-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Well, I'm gonna have to agree to disagree with some folks here...all in peace, of course :) But I still feel most of what's been looked upon as highly rated is overrated (Dylan, U2, Beatles, Springsteen, et al).

It could be that it's just me, you know, but...not saying that they weren't influencial, you know, because they were...I'd be fool to deny that, but as musicians, I really think they were strongly overrated and still are to this day.

Just me. :) i agree bob when i say they are overated i don't mean i don't like them....i like zepplin i just think they are overated.

Dave's Bitch
05-26-2005, 06:40 PM
a current band who are so overrated its sickens me.the foo fighters.there the shitty remains of a shitty band(nirvana).there are in my mind just the dregs of nirvana and as much as i hate nirvana there are a million times the band the foo fighters will ever be.plus they got a really fucking stupid name.what the hell does it meen the foo fighters?

Dave's Bitch
05-26-2005, 06:40 PM
the blood hound gang

total shit

Dave's Bitch
05-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Thin Lizzy.i think there only good song is boys are back in town.metallica did a better version of whisky in the jar than Thin Lizzy

canadiandlrgirl
05-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
a current band who are so overrated its sickens me.the foo fighters.there the shitty remains of a shitty band(nirvana).there are in my mind just the dregs of nirvana and as much as i hate nirvana there are a million times the band the foo fighters will ever be.plus they got a really fucking stupid name.what the hell does it meen the foo fighters?

you kno it is so cool to see so many young CVH fans..... usually girls your age are into the newer stuff like backdoor boys(backstreet) britney and stuff like that and yes i do agree the foo fighters are overated even though i've never really heard their songs i just here alot about them and if they are anything like nirvana then they do suck kurt kobain ruined music and then he offs himself, brilliant(sarcasm) along with that no tallent assclown Eddie Vedder(pearl jam) they are living proof anyone can pick up a mic and sing.....anyways i could go on but i 'd be here all day.....lol

ROTH ON girl!!!!!!!!

Redballjets88
05-26-2005, 07:07 PM
15 yr old girl that like dlr awesome

tydhurst
05-26-2005, 07:23 PM

Just me. :)

Musicianship has never had anything to do with overall presentation of music. You cannot really say that a band is overrated based on their musicianship.

DLR7884
05-26-2005, 07:33 PM

Yes, her new name suits her well.

DLR7884
FYI-She used to be Sammy's bitch, but now she's Dave's!

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 11:22 AM

I LOVE DLR!!!!!!!!

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Yes, her new name suits her well.

DLR7884
FYI-She used to be Sammy's bitch, but now she's Dave's!

Sammy's bitch yea,what the hell was i thinking

well as i say my opinion has somewhat changed on sam now,i still like some of his stuff but i think he is a fat prick who sucked the energy and the chemistry out of Van Halen.lets face it VH=DLR

ROTH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vanzilla
05-27-2005, 11:40 AM

well as i say my opinion has somewhat changed on sam now,i still like some of his stuff but i think he is a fat prick who sucked the energy and the chemistry out of Van Halen.lets face it VH=DLR

A fiver for you Sharon!

As for over-rated bands (in no particular order - I hate all of these guys equally)

1. Nirvana

2. Lynryd Skynyrd

3. Maroon 5

4. System of a Down

5. Hoobastank

6. Papa Roach

7. Nickelback

8. Slipknot

9. KISS

10. Eminem (I know he's not a band, but still highly over-rated)

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by vanzilla

As for over-rated bands (in no particular order - I hate all of these guys equally)

1. Nirvana

2. Lynryd Skynyrd

3. Maroon 5

4. System of a Down

5. Hoobastank

6. Papa Roach

7. Nickelback

8. Slipknot

9. KISS

10. Eminem (I know he's not a band, but still highly over-rated) [/B]

hmmmm i agrre with all but maybe not KISS, i dunno i kinda like KISS

Soul Reaper
05-27-2005, 01:47 PM
over-rated bands:

The Killers
Linkin Park
Razorlight
Good Charlotte
McFly
Maroon 5
Radiohead
Nickelback
Papa Roach
Hoobastank
My Chemical ROmance
Eminem
50 Cent

too many over-rated bands around today.

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
over-rated bands:

The Killers
Linkin Park
Razorlight
Good Charlotte
McFly
Maroon 5
Radiohead
Nickelback
Papa Roach
Hoobastank
My Chemical ROmance
Eminem
50 Cent

too many over-rated bands around today.

all those guys totally suck ass,you missed out velvet revolver,they suck ass so badly.mainly because of there singer,he has such a bad voice,and is a really really skinny guy aswell.i said this befor and ill say it again velvet revolver would have ruled if they would have gone with Sebastian Bach who was there other choice.Bach could have made VR as big as GNR plus him and slash are good friends and formed a band for a year along with lars from metallica i think

Soul Reaper
05-27-2005, 02:19 PM
all those guys totally suck ass,you missed out velvet revolver,they suck ass so badly.mainly because of there singer,he has such a bad voice,and is a really really skinny guy aswell.i said this befor and ill say it again velvet revolver would have ruled if they would have gone with Sebastian Bach who was there other choice.Bach could have made VR as big as GNR plus him and slash are good friends and formed a band for a year along with lars from metallica i think

I like Velvet Revolver. Scott Weiland ain't that bad a singer

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 02:22 PM
yes he is

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 02:22 PM
and he's so fucking ugly,Axl was sooooooo hott

Warham
05-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Foo Fighters are pretty good.

The name came from back during WWII. The guys who used to fly during the war would see UFO's in the sky around them darting all over the place, and refer to them as foo fighters.

Redballjets88
05-27-2005, 04:19 PM
ve;vet revolvers sound is good but the singer makes them into bitches

sammysucks65
05-27-2005, 05:06 PM
bon fucking jovi yea...aerosmith sorry dont hurt me...haha..definately zep, WHOA YEA HELL YEA THE DOORS SO OVERATED..DEFINATLY......ACDC I DONT HATE EM BUT I DONT LOVE EM BUT THERE A LITTLE OVER RATED I THINK

canadiandlrgirl
05-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
I like Velvet Revolver. Scott Weiland ain't that bad a singer

I can't stand Scott Weiland!!!!

canadiandlrgirl
05-27-2005, 07:17 PM

so what made you switch from Sammy to Dave? just curious....Dave has always been the better frontman in my eyes

DLR7884
05-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Let's take it easy on the Scott Weiland bashing.

He is a great frontman, and unless you have seen him perform live you shouldn't really comment.

Sure he's not Axl (from 15 years ago), but let's face it...neither is Axl.

He's a fat balding wigger now. (Sorry Dave's Bitch, you know it's true).

DLR7884
VR is good, but Audioslave is better.

DLR7884
05-27-2005, 08:02 PM
so what made you switch from Sammy to Dave? just curious....Dave has always been the better frontman in my eyes

Well, she's young...and has learned the error in her ways.

DLR7884
Courtesy of the Sheep Pen....she's being educated about CVH as we speak. :)

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 08:17 PM

well being on this site made me realise,sammy is a fat prick,and DLR is a true legend.....and so hot,and a better singer

Rikk
05-27-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by tydhurst
Musicianship has never had anything to do with overall presentation of music. You cannot really say that a band is overrated based on their musicianship.

Bingo. Yngvie is a great guitarist, but I'd rather listen to NIRVANA's MOIST VAGINA or the SEX PISTOLS' DID YOU NO WRONG or THE BEATLES' EVERYBODY'S GOT SOMETHING TO HIDE any day. Musicianship means shit if the music is boring, and wank-off guitar playing puts me to sleep in a hurry.

Rikk
05-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by vanzilla

1. Nirvana

2. Lynryd Skynyrd

4. System of a Down

9. KISS

10. Eminem (I know he's not a band, but still highly over-rated)

Fuck you for all five of these. All good artists.

I hate this thread.:D Bunch of fucking whiners. Saying a band is not your cup of tea is one thing. But some of these big acts being "over-rated"? Isn't it just better to say you don't like it?

Rikk
05-27-2005, 08:34 PM
I can't stand Scott Weiland!!!!

SCOTT WEILAND is one of the best frontmen of the last 20 years.

Warham
05-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Audioslave is good, but Soundgarden was better.

Rikk
05-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Audioslave is good, but Soundgarden was better.

Fuckin' A. Though AUDIOSLAVE has some good material and Cornell is singing better than ever, in no way do either of their albums compare to albums like DOWN ON THE UPSIDE or BADMOTORFINGER.

Warham
05-27-2005, 08:40 PM
Down on the Upside

Yes, I had that one, but my ex-wife somehow ended up with it after I left it at the old house.

Burden In My Hand is a kickin' song.

Rikk
05-27-2005, 08:44 PM
Down on the Upside

Yes, I had that one, but my ex-wife somehow ended up with it after I left it at the old house.

Burden In My Hand is a kickin' song.

IMO, it's their best album. It's worth picking up again. Check out RHINOSAUR, BLOW UP THE OUTSIDE WORLD, PRETTY NOOSE, APPLEBITE...tons more. One of my all-time favorite albums.

Warham
05-27-2005, 08:45 PM
Matt Cameron's a grate drummer too.

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 08:50 PM
SCOTT WEILAND is one of the best frontmen of the last 20 years.

what shit.he cant sing and he is a joke onstage

Rikk
05-27-2005, 08:56 PM
what shit.he cant sing and he is a joke onstage

LOL. Yes, and Sammy Hagar is a real frontman, eh? Weiland has total stage presence, and in a punkier way...not this bullshit cock rock garbage stance. And saying he can't sing? Dude has a unique and excellent voice and great harmonies.

Not my fault you find Sammy Hagar to be one of the world's better frontmen. But if you don't like Weiland, good for you and go blare your TEN 13 CD.:p

Rikk
05-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Matt Cameron's a grate drummer too.

One of the best. He's very over-looked, frankly. Grohl is an awesome drummer, but Cameron is technically better.

Warham
05-27-2005, 08:59 PM
Weiland a joke onstage? Please, foo'.

I've seen STP twice and he was the motherfucking man on stage. He's dangerous with a megaphone. :D

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 08:59 PM
LOL. Yes, and Sammy Hagar is a real frontman, eh? Weiland has total stage presence, and in a punkier way...not this bullshit cock rock garbage stance. And saying he can't sing? Dude has a unique and excellent voice and great harmonies.

Not my fault you find Sammy Hagar to be one of the world's better frontmen. But if you don't like Weiland, good for you and go blare your TEN 13 CD.:p

do i think sammy is one of the greatest

NO I DONT
i think he's a fat shit,he's nothing compared to DLR

just as scott weiland is nothing compared to axl rose

DLR7884
05-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Let's take it easy on the Scott Weiland bashing.

He is a great frontman, and unless you have seen him perform live you shouldn't really comment.

Just in case you all missed it.

DLR7884
:)

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Just in case you all missed it.

DLR7884

LOL

Rikk
05-27-2005, 09:08 PM
do i think sammy is one of the greatest

NO I DONT
i think he's a fat shit,he's nothing compared to DLR

just as scott weiland is nothing compared to axl rose

AXL ROSE is a woman-beating cunt that has been recording the same album for 11 years and fucking over his bandmates one by one. The man is an idiot.

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 09:23 PM
he may be an idiot but,he is still in my mind joint best frontman ever(ima get yelled at for this but he's up there with DLR in my mind)

DLR7884
05-27-2005, 09:41 PM
he may be an idiot but,he is still in my mind joint best frontman ever(ima get yelled at for this but he's up there with DLR in my mind)

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

DLR7884

Rikk
05-27-2005, 09:58 PM

Holy shit.

You're trying to convert this person, 7884? You have your work cut out for you!:D

Redballjets88
05-27-2005, 10:03 PM
dad gum

DLR7884
05-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Holy shit.

You're trying to convert this person, 7884? You have your work cut out for you!:D

Slowly but surely Rikk....Rome wasn't built in a day!

DLR7884