PDA

View Full Version : Continuation of a thread that was Executed in its Prime!!!!!

BigBadBrian
05-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Some people forget and need to be reminded:

Originially posted by academic punk

Warham -

I can assure you that you and Bri have already lost the 08 elections. 'Cause even if a Republican wins, it'll be a far more moderate one - the front runners are currently Giulliani, McCain, even Pataki: all of whom are far less evangelical than W.

Heck, I might even vote for Cheney should he theoretically run (which he has strenuously vowed he wouldn't or won't). You might remember him: he's the one sitting in the VP chair, and has a lesbian daughter.

Fear not, AP, some of us voted for such people as McCain in the primaries in 2000, including myself. Kind of ruins that theory, huh?

Think the Christian Coalition won't back McCain or Giulliani? Think again. ;)

:gulp:

FORD
05-25-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Some people forget and need to be reminded:

Fear not, AP, some of us voted for such people as McCain in the primaries in 2000, including myself. Kind of ruins that theory, huh?

Think the Christian Coalition won't back McCain or Giulliani? Think again. ;)

:gulp:

The question is, will McCain back the Unchristian Coalition?

BTW, Pat Robertson, in a recent interview, said he wouldn't support McCain "under any circumstances". Now you wouldn't call a "man of God" a liar, would you?

And Rudy's a pro-choicer who lived with 2 gay guys when he was going through his divorce, so he's not exactly the Dobson/Robertson/Falwell poster boy either.

steve
05-26-2005, 12:16 AM
Bill Frist:
the 2008 Republican Nominee.
A LOCK.

Neither McCain or Giuliani will win.

FORD
05-26-2005, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by steve
Bill Frist:
A LOCK.

Frist? No way in Hell.

Even most Republicans like cats.

vanzilla
05-26-2005, 09:36 AM
Bill Frist:
A LOCK.

Bill Frist has as good of a chance of winning as Hilleary does. Not going to happen in my opinion.

Nickdfresh
05-26-2005, 10:05 AM
Bill Frist would be the biggest gift the Democrats would ever receive! It would almost be a violation of the central tenet of Campaign Finance reform. This would prove Republicans have gone mad once and for all!:D

I could support McCain though...He's about the only non-Kool Aide drinkin' national Republican I can stomach anymore.

vanzilla
05-26-2005, 04:50 PM
I backed McCain in 2000 and was pissed at the way Rove and his boys smeared his reputation then. But they are good at it, it worked again in 2004 against Kerry.

The ONLY way I'd vote Republican in 2004 is if McCain was on the ballot.

Or if Hilleary was on the Democratic ticket....

steve
05-26-2005, 05:16 PM
It'll be Frist or somebdy like him on the Republican ticket.

At the beginning of the REpublican primaries in 2000 you had a guy, McCain, who polls showed would conceivably CRUSH Al Gore in the November election, but because of his centrist views the folks in charge (Rove, Pat Robertson, etc.) smeared him as an abortion-lover.

They supported Bush.
We've had 8 years of Bush.
That political model has been incredibly successful for the religious right. No way they turn from it in '08.

It will be Frist or George Allen or somebody like either of those 2.

academic punk
05-26-2005, 05:32 PM
Hope so! 'Cause that would be the Republicans basically HANDING the White House keys to the Dems.

And FORD voiced what my point was re: McCain in relation to the religious right.

BigBadBrian
05-26-2005, 05:43 PM
It'll be Frist or somebdy like him on the Republican ticket.

At the beginning of the REpublican primaries in 2000 you had a guy, McCain, who polls showed would conceivably CRUSH Al Gore in the November election, but because of his centrist views the folks in charge (Rove, Pat Robertson, etc.) smeared him as an abortion-lover.

They supported Bush.
We've had 8 years of Bush.
That political model has been incredibly successful for the religious right. No way they turn from it in '08.

It will be Frist or George Allen or somebody like either of those 2.

Glad youre crystal ball is working. Was it working last November? :D :D

academic punk
05-26-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Glad youre crystal ball is working. Was it working last November? :D :D

I don't know WHAT crystal ball Steve is using, but it's waaaay off.

The polls initially favored Gore over all potential contenders. Need proof? W. won by only a small margin (and I'll leave it FORD to discuss the legitimacy of that margin), and that only after smearing McCain's name, reputation and sacrifices for his country. Nice guy!