PDA

View Full Version : So It's Only Iraqi Insurregents?

DrMaddVibe
05-26-2005, 02:42 PM
I sure as HELL never believed that lie!

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050526/D8AASK0O0.html

May 26, 9:06 AM (ET)

By EDITH M. LEDERER

UNITED NATIONS (AP) - Syria has arrested more than 1,200 people trying to cross the border into Iraq in recent weeks and sent many back to their home countries because of suspicions they were trying to join the insurgency, Syria's U.N. ambassador said.

Fayssal Mekdad also denied rumors that terror mastermind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi may be seeking shelter in Syria.

Mekdad said Syria suspected that those arrested - mostly foreigners - intended to carry out illegal activities in Iraq. They were sent back to Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Libya and other countries, he said.

"We gave a lot of information to the United States on these issues, which prevented many attacks, but regrettably, the United States did not recognize such kind of help," he said in an interview.

Syria's ambassador to the United States, Imad Mustafa, said Tuesday that Syria had stopped security and military cooperation with the United States in the past few months after Washington failed to respond to repeated Syrian overtures. Mekdad said contacts continued "until a few weeks ago."

Syria provided the United States with intelligence on al-Qaida after the Sept. 11 attacks. But President Bush ordered sanctions against Damascus a year ago after longstanding complaints that Syria was supporting terrorism and undermining U.S. efforts in Iraq - allegations it denies.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has steadily stepped up her rhetorical attack, from saying Syria was not doing enough to guard the border with Iraq to accusing it of permitting insurgents to stage their operations from Syria.

Syria has also been mentioned in speculation about the whereabouts of terror mastermind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the chief of al-Qaida in Iraq, following an Internet statement on Tuesday calling on Muslims to pray for his life. Competing statements on his health and whereabouts followed.

The mystery deepened Wednesday after reports that two Arab doctors in another country were treating al-Zarqawi, who is wanted for some of the deadliest attacks in Iraq.

Mekdad denied any Syrian involvement with al-Zarqawi.

"These are silly rumor made by enemies of Syria - those who want to distort the image of Syria and its efforts to eliminate international terrorism," Mekdad said.

"This is meant to damage also the relations between Syria and Iraq, and the contribution of Syria to the Iraqi struggle against dictatorship," he said.

Speaking of terrorists trying to enter Iraq, Mekdad stressed that "Syria has never been friendly to such elements who are declared enemies of Syria as well."

The United States accuses Syria of harboring organizations Washington says promote terrorism, including Hamas and Hezbollah. For 29 years, Syria also controlled much of Lebanon - but the Feb. 14 assassination of former Lebanese prime minister Rafiq Hariri touched off anti-Syrian protests that led to last month's pullout of all Syrian troops from Lebanon.

A U.N. military team on Monday verified the troop withdrawal but said it couldn't be certain all intelligence operatives had left Lebanon.

State Department spokesman Richard Boucher said this issue remains "an open question" and that the U.S. will be looking at available evidence about Syria's possible intelligence presence and any attempts to exercise influence, especially in Lebanon's upcoming elections.

Syria views the verification team's report as "very positive," Mekdad said. "It confirms the withdrawal of Syrian troops, and intelligence apparatus and assets as requested by the Security Council."

"On our part, we have withdrawn everybody. We have done the maximum so there is no need to have any intelligence assets there," he said.

"Lebanon is an open country with an open media, and nobody has complained that there are any Syrian intelligence operatives there. If they do, we will take action immediately," Mekdad said.

4moreyears
05-26-2005, 03:00 PM
According to Ford al-Zarqawi does not exist.

JH

FORD
05-26-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
According to Ford al-Zarqawi does not exist.

JH

Prove that he does.

4moreyears
05-26-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Prove that he does.

You have not proved that he does not.

FORD
05-26-2005, 04:41 PM
Burden of proof is on the BCE and their supporters, as they're the one using this modern day Emmanuel Goldstein as an excuse for continuation of an illegal war.

Nickdfresh
05-26-2005, 04:53 PM
I don't recall anybody saying that ALL of the insurgents are Iraqis. In fact the only lies I heard re: this are LUCKY's contention that all of the insurgents are foreign fighters which is clearly not the case. I think the military estimates that no more than 10%-20% are non-Iraqis:

www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/iraq_insurgency.htm

They are a hodge-podge of groups with different motivations and agendas and one common enemy (US). But the vast majority ARE IRAQIS. There are as many as 40,000 after all!

BigBadBrian
05-26-2005, 05:42 PM
Burden of proof is on the BCE and their supporters, as they're the one using this modern day Emmanuel Goldstein as an excuse for continuation of an illegal war.

What's the BCE???? ;) ;) ;)

bobgnote
05-26-2005, 06:35 PM
Godfrey was this Crusader who took massed horse/lance guys all the way into Jerusalem in 1099, where they whacked 40K muslims for being men, women, and children, etc.

Godfrey has the same initials as Halliburton-pimping C in C GW Bush, doesn't he. Add Ari Fleischer to the Bill Clinton-Sharon-Rabin hit 11/3/95-Oslo disparagement by sending more illegal settlers, and you have a lot of what happened to make those planes crash.

GW Bush had Sec'y Powell diss Sharon some November 2001, AFTER the illegal settlements, disparagement of Arafat tack really went down.
The settlements are still somehow an issue, they SHOULDN'T be.

Israel does not belong in post-Islamic Palestine. That is why Zimmy goes on about baby blue. There never were any Aramaic tortfeasors to haggle with over the post WWI ethnic cleansing, including the British bombings of Baghdad and Damascus in 1926, which with the Allenby blitz up Palestine in 1918 enabled by Lawrence and the Arabs the British and French and League SCREWED caused WWII to be a holocaust-centered event.

The ARAMAIC tribes were just one of the pre-Roman occupation conquerors, the Jews still in Palestine at the time of Jesus had to deal with, before Palestine was occupied by the Ottomans, pre-Israel. Hey, Mel's movie! ARAMAIC was why we had subtitles. The ARABS were who got ethnic cleansed, Saddam was on $25 a week from the CIA when he was a law student in Cairo, and all Dubya thinks he needs for a modern economy in Afghanistan is pomegranites and a bigass DRUG WAR. What a dangerous idiot he is, with lots of stupids to vote for him, thanks to the Democrats and their random breeding and import programs. Karsai is probably as good as dead, soon as Dubya starts house-to-house looking for smack in Afghanistan.

The failure of the US administrations to be at all reasonable or rational dooms big live concerts and maybe also pro sports, eventually. They will lose to cost increases, one way or another, even if no event comes along with direct cost in lives, for a terror attack.

lucky wilbury
05-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I don't recall anybody saying that ALL of the insurgents are Iraqis. In fact the only lies I heard re: this are LUCKY's contention that all of the insurgents are foreign fighters which is clearly not the case. I think the military estimates that no more than 10%-20% are non-Iraqis:

www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/iraq_insurgency.htm

They are a hodge-podge of groups with different motivations and agendas and one common enemy (US). But the vast majority ARE IRAQIS. There are as many as 40,000 after all!

for the second time don't say i said something unless i said it:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21157&perpage=30&pagenumber=3

guerilla war is a war waged by indiginous people. zarqawi isn't an iraqi. most of the forieners aren't saudis. it's mostly syrians, iranians and lebanese and its way more then 10%

------------------

and this news only proves that fact also if i don't post for 24-36 hours don't bring up my name. if theres been a fair amount of time between posts i'm off doing something and i don't need people contacting me saying my name has been brought up even though i'm not around and i don't need to divert my attention or resources to correcting something thats minor or major. before someone says why am i correcting it i don't need it out there that i said this or that or did this or that.

Nickdfresh
05-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury

guerilla war is a war waged by indiginous people.

Exactly, and we're in one.

zarqawi isn't an iraqi. most of the forieners aren't saudis. it's mostly syrians, iranians and lebanese and its way more then 10%

Zarqawi's Jordanian, but he's far rom the only one fighting us. And I could have sworn that you implied, if not implicitly said, that the majority of the Iraqi resistance is foreign.

LoungeMachine
05-26-2005, 07:37 PM

also if i don't post for 24-36 hours don't bring up my name.

Get over yourself :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Geneva Convention clearly states we can bring up your stupid name any fucking time we wish in times of war.:cool:

LoungeMachine
05-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Let me bottom line it for ya, Lucky, if I may..........

WE PLAYED RIGHT INTO THEIR HANDS.

This is an Islamic Radical's FUCKING WET DREAM

The "great satan" has done EXACTLTY what they predicted we would....

lucky wilbury
05-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Exactly, and we're in one.

Zarqawi's Jordanian, but he's far rom the only one fighting us. And I could have sworn that you implied, if not implicitly said, that the majority of the Iraqi resistance is foreign.

most of it is. everything from personal to tactics is forgien in origin. the playbook is right out of chechnya. most of the iraq stuff as i've said before is mostly criminals doing it to make money. it is also why i've said that if it was a guerilla war the whole country would be a problem but its not. its a small section where foregien fighters have sympathitc people helping them. here do this google: foreign fighters fallujah or better yet foreign fighters fallujah islamic law pick your our site and read it. you can read up on how they've tried to install islamic law in fallujah. if it was a guerrila war of only iraqis i doubt they would be installing islamic law anywhere.

FORD
05-26-2005, 07:47 PM

and this news only proves that fact also if i don't post for 24-36 hours don't bring up my name. if theres been a fair amount of time between posts i'm off doing something and i don't need people contacting me saying my name has been brought up even though i'm not around and i don't need to divert my attention or resources to correcting something thats minor or major. before someone says why am i correcting it i don't need it out there that i said this or that or did this or that.

What's a matter Agent Z? Does Porter think you're spending too much time monitoring this website?

lucky wilbury
05-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Get over yourself :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Geneva Convention clearly states we can bring up your stupid name any fucking time we wish in times of war.:cool:

umm no. unlike you i have things to do that take me away from computers for a large amount of time and if i don't post for 24-36-48 hours theres a good chance it'll be 24-36-48 or more DAYS before i'm back around and i don't need people talk shit when i'm not here then saying i didn't respond blah blah blah. its been a courtsey in the fornt line/war zone to not talk shit about people behind their backs when their not here. nobody bad mouths or even talks about ford when he takes his vaction in late july/early augest and he's not here for weeks on end. during that time its usually pretty dull anyway since congress isn't in session but still no one talks smack. same goes for anyone else who hasen't posted in a bit in here.

Guitar Shark
05-26-2005, 07:58 PM
lucky wtf dude? New meds?

lucky wilbury
05-26-2005, 07:58 PM
What's a matter Agent Z? Does Porter think you're spending too much time monitoring this website?

very funny. its just that i knew the other day i wasn't going to be around for a long bit and made sure any sort of "debates" i was having were for the most part over and on their way to the bottom and made sure i didn't start anything that way it wouldn't be going when i wasn't here (which i shouldn't be anyway.) so since monday i didn't post didn't log in knowing full well that at any time i could be offline for a bit and that went well for a few days. then it turns out my "name" came up and since i had a few free mins i deciede to respond with what i said. like i said i don't want someone saying i said this or that (even though i didn't say it) use my name then try to call me out when i don't respond (that didn't happne here but has happend in the past with others although not in the FL)

lucky wilbury
05-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
lucky wtf dude? New meds?

again very funny. i just don't want this section of the army to be a bullshit forums where people try to call people out who aren't around and talk smack about them if they dont respond. its the one section of the boards where it doesn't happen and i wanted to nip this thing before it got out of hand

lucky wilbury
05-26-2005, 08:25 PM
i'll try to explain this all at once as simple as possable: unless someone is here and is going to activally participate in either a debate or a flaming or whatever don't bother even doing it. it drags don't the forum and has been more evident over the last few months. from the end of dec 04 to just few weeks ago i wasn't on the board and even though i have been away at other times for a month or two this site went to shit in 4 months because of trolls and people picking fights on the boards and off the boards both here and eveidently over at ddlr as well. i want no part of this bullshit and fighting wheather i'm here or even more so if i'm not. i have no enemies on the boards not even ford. we'll disagree here in the front line or at the old war zone but thats where it stayed. nothing was carried outside of the political forums.he'll call me a cia hack and i'll call him nuts but unless someone reads or posts the front line they would have no idea what we're talkingabout if we took it outside the front line. that the same with everyone but some people take the shit and run with it all over the site which is bullshit. i only responded the way i did because it appeared that nick was using my either name or fact for whatever reason and before someone even started to say i was chickening out or whatever and didn't respond i responded despite my better judgement. as for the 24-36 hour thing if i don't post for 24-36 hours theres a good chances it'll be days before i respond and i don't want people to respond days after i left or whatever then talking smack when i don't respond

BenJammin
05-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by bobgnote
Godfrey was this Crusader who took massed horse/lance guys all the way into Jerusalem in 1099, where they whacked 40K muslims for being men, women, and children, etc.

Godfrey has the same initials as Halliburton-pimping C in C GW Bush, doesn't he. Add Ari Fleischer to the Bill Clinton-Sharon-Rabin hit 11/3/95-Oslo disparagement by sending more illegal settlers, and you have a lot of what happened to make those planes crash.

GW Bush had Sec'y Powell diss Sharon some November 2001, AFTER the illegal settlements, disparagement of Arafat tack really went down.
The settlements are still somehow an issue, they SHOULDN'T be.

Israel does not belong in post-Islamic Palestine. That is why Zimmy goes on about baby blue. There never were any Aramaic tortfeasors to haggle with over the post WWI ethnic cleansing, including the British bombings of Baghdad and Damascus in 1926, which with the Allenby blitz up Palestine in 1918 enabled by Lawrence and the Arabs the British and French and League SCREWED caused WWII to be a holocaust-centered event.

The ARAMAIC tribes were just one of the pre-Roman occupation conquerors, the Jews still in Palestine at the time of Jesus had to deal with, before Palestine was occupied by the Ottomans, pre-Israel. Hey, Mel's movie! ARAMAIC was why we had subtitles. The ARABS were who got ethnic cleansed, Saddam was on $25 a week from the CIA when he was a law student in Cairo, and all Dubya thinks he needs for a modern economy in Afghanistan is pomegranites and a bigass DRUG WAR. What a dangerous idiot he is, with lots of stupids to vote for him, thanks to the Democrats and their random breeding and import programs. Karsai is probably as good as dead, soon as Dubya starts house-to-house looking for smack in Afghanistan.

The failure of the US administrations to be at all reasonable or rational dooms big live concerts and maybe also pro sports, eventually. They will lose to cost increases, one way or another, even if no event comes along with direct cost in lives, for a terror attack.

I feel like you're trying to tell me something?

BigBadBrian
05-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Let me bottom line it for ya, Lucky, if I may..........

WE PLAYED RIGHT INTO THEIR HANDS.

This is an Islamic Radical's FUCKING WET DREAM

The "great satan" has done EXACTLTY what they predicted we would....

Shouldn't you be making another hit record?

Oooooohhhhhh that's right. ANOTHER?????? :D :D :D

Nickdfresh
05-26-2005, 09:42 PM
umm no. unlike you i have things to do that take me away from computers for a large amount of time and if i don't post for 24-36-48 hours theres a good chance it'll be 24-36-48 or more DAYS before i'm back around and i don't need people talk shit when i'm not here then saying i didn't respond blah blah blah. its been a courtsey in the fornt line/war zone to not talk shit about people behind their backs when their not here. nobody bad mouths or even talks about ford when he takes his vaction in late july/early augest and he's not here for weeks on end. during that time its usually pretty dull anyway since congress isn't in session but still no one talks smack. same goes for anyone else who hasen't posted in a bit in here.

I am still trying to figure out how I am wrong on this; you continually insinuate that the only ones fighting us are "foreign fighters" and a few Iraqis on their payroll (like up to 200,000 counting part-timers? Though that figure is probably exaggerated). I was under the impression that this was a sectarian conflict between Sunnis and Shiites being exploited by some outside elements. But only foreign fighters with a few Iraqi criminals? Ummm-no. ludicrous! But "war is peace" I suppose in the land of LUCKY WILBURY double speak. Perhaps you know better than the military there on the ground, but I doubt it. I'm no the one that dropped the L-word here in this thread. You can play semantic games simply because this war doesn't with fit with the paradigm of the holy crusade against terrorism you continually try to present it as, but you posting here at all makes you fair game.

Sorry though, I'll make sure never to mention your name unless I see you on online, but I have continually seen people post to FORD or other members when they are not around, and I don't recall you announcing this hiatus.

I think its comical that somebody would actually think to PM you over this. I assumed you pick this up on your own when you were passing through.

BigBadBrian
05-26-2005, 09:46 PM
I am still trying to figure out how I am wrong on this; you continually insinuate that the only ones fighting us are "foreign fighters" and a few Iraqis on their payroll (like up to 200,000 counting part-timers? Though that figure is probably exaggerated). I was under the impression that this was a sectarian conflict between Sunnis and Shiites being exploited by some outside elements. But only foreign fighters with a few Iraqi criminals? Ummm-no. ludicrous! But "war is peace" I suppose in the land of LUCKY WILBURY double speak. Perhaps you know better than the military there on the ground, but I doubt it. I'm no the one that dropped the L-word here in this thread. You can play semantic games simply because this war doesn't with fit with the paradigm of the holy crusade against terrorism you continually try to present it as, but you posting here at all makes you fair game.

Sorry though, I'll make sure never to mention your name unless I see you on online, but I have continually seen people post to FORD or other members when they are not around, and I don't recall you announcing this hiatus.

I think its comical that somebody would actually think to PM you over this. I assumed you pick this up on your own when you were passing through.

Nick, quit being a candy-ass. :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
05-26-2005, 09:46 PM
again very funny. i just don't want this section of the army to be a bullshit forums where people try to call people out who aren't around and talk smack about them if they dont respond. its the one section of the boards where it doesn't happen and i wanted to nip this thing before it got out of hand

That really wasn't my purpose...

You walked into the party
Like you were walking onto a yacht
Your hat strategically dipped below one eye
Your scarf it was apricot
You had one eye in the mirror
As you watched yourself gavotte
And all the girls dreamed that they'd be your partner
They'd be your partner, and

You're so vain
You probably think this (THREAD) is about you
You're so vain
I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you? Don't you?

You had me several years ago
When I was still quite naive
Well, you said that we made such a pretty pair
And that you would never leave
But you gave away the things you loved
And one of them was me
I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee
Clouds in my coffee, and

You're so vain
You probably think this song is about you
You're so vain
I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you? Don't you?

I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee
Clouds in my coffee, and

--Carly Simon

Nickdfresh
05-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Nick, quit being a candy-ass. :rolleyes:

STFU Hypowit. You could give lessons on sugary buttholeness!:mad:

FORD
05-26-2005, 10:10 PM
http://www.classicphotos.com/music/f-272.jpg
Meanwhile, Mick Jagger drops in to FORD Country studios to add his backing vocals to "Your So Vain", as he did the original version

Nickdfresh
05-26-2005, 10:12 PM
http://www.classicphotos.com/music/f-272.jpg
Meanwhile, Mick Jagger drops in to FORD Country studios to add his backing vocals to "Your So Vain", as he did the original version

So was the song about MICK or WARREN BETTY?

Mr Grimsdale
05-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Actually Godfrey of Bouillon was the first Latin ruler of Jerusalem.

He participated in the First Crusade providing troops, the majority of which were PBI (poor bloody infantry).

The major contingents were provided by the following:
Count Raymond IV of Toulouse, numerically the largest component.
Godfrey of Bouillon, duke of Lower Lorraine (and lets face it that's always the interesting bit)
Baldwin of Boulogne (Godfreys brother)
Hugh, count of Vermandois
Duke Robert of Normandy
Robert, count of Flanders (Hughs brother)
Count Stephen of Blois (Roberts brother-in-law)Bohemod of Taranto and his nephew Tancred

Godfrey, Bohemod, Baldwin and Raymond became the first lords, respectively, of:
the kingdom of Jerusalem
the principality of Antioch
the county of Edessa
the county of Tripoli

FORD
05-26-2005, 10:15 PM
So was the song about MICK or WARREN BETTY?

Hell If I know, and Mick's not sayin'. Maybe it was about James Taylor? She was married to him for a while.

DLR'sCock
05-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Holy fucking full of it, give me a fucking break....

Quit crying already....

Ok, all of the Ahem "insurgents" are "foreign fighters"except for like 2, and the stockpiles and stocklpiles nad stockpiles of WMD's have been found, along with the plans and hard eveidence linking Saddam and his regime to 9/11....oh and they found out that 125% of the population were praying to Allah for the US to bomb and kill over 100,000 Iraqis so we can show em' the way to be a good ol boy!!!

wooooo hoooo!!!!

Rock n Roll!!!!

I love me, some GWB!!!

:D

lucky wilbury
05-26-2005, 11:13 PM

the iraq insurgentcy isn't all that complex; the criminal element is basically getting hired by the baathists and the baathists are dealing with the forigners and their only dealing with them because the baathists want the us out and the baathists are using the forigners as foot soliders. do the two google searches and you'll se what i mean

i don't thik i've ever seen people calling ford out in this forum when we know he's away for awhile ie vaction. maybe his old "friends" timpabs and top timmy did but thats old school front line. i don't mind if a debates going on an it continues over night or during the day thats the usual happenings. as far as me being away (which i should be right now). i stopped debating this weekend since the threads where there were debates came to a close and while i was waiting on mon/early tuesday i posted in the 24 thread and decieded to pad my post count in the infamous lyrics thread. i don't annouce when i'll be off the board because most times i don't know. when i get the feeling i'll be off i'll cut my posting down dramitically till its nothing important and things that can be left alone. normally i post every day so when someone sees i haven't been on or postings for a day or two its a safe bet i'll be not around for a bit something that is increasing in nature. hell i should have 5,000+ posts by now but i'm barely at 2162 i was at that mark in the first months back in the day. but i did what i did because in the current army environment if i didn't respond people would talk shit that i didn't respond and blah blah blah thats why i chimed in. and for the record if all things go as they should i'll be off again for a good chunk of time (months most likely) soon which is what i should be doing now.

i have had other people on other boards pm me here over goings on at other boards

bobgnote
05-27-2005, 02:49 PM
GW Bush has profiled himself like this Crusader-rabbit git Godfrey.

Didn't help us that Ari is the same first as Sharon and FLEISCHER means 'butcher,' auf deutsch, for Dubya's first and worst WH Press Sec. So when Dubya dissed Arafat a lot, appointed Fliescher the glib geek, stand back when you note USCA 9 and 11 are both disparaged, 911 won't get you a cop too quick in NYC, and 18 U.S.C. 911 is designed to really piss off the grunts, where laws in the US and inferior jurisdictions are enforced unevenly, within the cost-cancerous, US-Abrogado media for sure.

Didn't just splat, did those buildings. Got one better if ya got the nerve. They want to build nukes right before cruise missile designs take a long walk, and we can't keep up because of the energy related cost cancer. Guys like the Pakistani kids will be able to make variously more effective cruise ordinance than we have in current service, IN A FEW SHORT YEARS.

How do I know? HEY. I come up with LOTS OF STUFF you guys like. Not enough pussy, or more of you would be out after the bullion.

LoungeMachine
05-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Shouldn't you be making another hit record?

Oooooohhhhhh that's right. ANOTHER?????? :D :D :D

43 and retired. comfortably

:cool:

Man that must piss you off:D

And Fuck LW and his "dont bring up my precious name" bullshit:rolleyes:

The times, they are a-changin'

BigBadBrian
05-27-2005, 11:39 PM
43 and retired. comfortably

:cool:

Man that must piss you off:D

Not in the least, Kip. It's your taxes that are paying for my MBA. ;)

LoungeMachine
05-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Not in the least, Kip. It's your taxes that are paying for my MBA. ;)

Glad to do it;)

Cathedral
05-28-2005, 05:59 PM
My whole opinion of the Iraq war is a work in progress, but i have to say that over the last two days of family gatherings i have had an opportunity to sit with my muslim in-laws and pick their brains a bit.

One thing they all agree on is that George W. Bush had great ideals in the beginning. those i have spoken with all seem to agree that waging war against Terrorism was something that needed to happen.

But beyond that it has become a serious mistake in execution.
For one, I am now convinced that Saddam will not be tried for crimes against humanity no matter what spin you will hear about that, and the reason is that in order to convict him they will have to convict America.
I learned that Iraqi's are the least trusted muslims in the Middle East, and this comes from the mouths of muslims.

They are the kind of "garbage" that will claim to work with you to your face and then when you turn your back on them they attempt to strike you down.
America as we all new it, the way our Fathers and grand Fathers knew it, is dead and gone.

The Arab Nations are far richer than we are but the problem for them has been lack of education.
But for the last 30 years they have been sending their kids to America for that education and the tide is finally set to turn in their favor.

They have the wealth, and the new generation of Arab's has got the education to excell where we have sold out.

Right now i am trying to understand why our government sold all of us out. we make nothing anymore and are basically owned by foreign Nations as a result of that.

It has dawned on me that Saddam Hussein was not really the problem, it was his cabinet that was the problem according to those i have spoken with that were born and raised overseas.
Hell, the Arabs actually believe that Saddam will be returned to power because he wasn't really the target anyway, and it is believed by many a muslim that he will be the only one who can successfully rebuild that government.

One shocking fact i picked up on is that the muslims don't blame Saddam for his use of chemical weapons on his own people. in fact he will deny all of it and claim that he never owned any WMD's that weren't provided by the United States.

At this posting i honestly believe that Saddam Hussein will walk away from his cell a free man because there is no way to convict him without opening a can of worms that lays a large amount of responsibility on America.

Nothing we learn about this war on terror is the way we are intended to believe it is, and according to those in the know, we are not winning this war.
The insurgents are slowly sucking us dry and when it is all over they will have inherited the earth and will have the mother of all economies.

Bottom Line: Make sure your kids have great educations and can speak a few different languages because their future is the future of the One World Government and the US won't ever be top dog again.
It may be an American Company they work for, but it won't be on American soil...fucked up, ain't it?

Our politicians have sold us all down the river, sad but true, Republicans and Democrats alike, they have all fucked us over and the damage is forever, can't be fixed at this point.

Cathedral
05-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Oh yeah, is there a story about Rumsfeld visiting with Saddam when he went to Iraq?
It is being printed all over the Middle East that he offered Saddam a deal to avoid prosecution.
The deal is that if he calls off the insurgency the charges will be dropped.

If the man is guilty, why offer him a deal?

This is just another thing i learned but don't know if there is any validity to it.
I am just trying like hell to get an accurate understanding of what the hell is going on in the world because we most certainly cannot trust our own media to tell us the truth about any of it.

The world has become a clusterfuck of confusion, and before it even gets said, this whole mess is far deeper and much more dangerous than any BCE conspiracy i have ever seen posted here.
It isn't just one faction of our government, it is the whole enchilada that is corrupted by greed.

BigBadBrian
05-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

At this posting i honestly believe that Saddam Hussein will walk away from his cell a free man because there is no way to convict him without opening a can of worms that lays a large amount of responsibility on America.

I have the world of respect for you Cat, but you're wrong on this account I believe. :)

I'd like to take the time to respond to some of your other points, but I'm enjoying a good Scotch right now and I don't have the time.

Cathedral
05-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Like i said, my political opinions are a work in progress right now.
The main point is that no matter where you turn there is another point of view to consider.

I'm just thinking in post form today, and the Tylenol 3's don't make the thought process any clearer, lol.

We all have to admit this one thing though, there is definately a difference of opinion and fact between the two regions.
We are expected to believe what we are fed just like they are and in the meantime, people are dying on all sides.

The idea of Saddam not being tried though, according to what i am told by a select few that live in the Middle East, that is the popular opinion in the air over there.

In any case, it just reinforces the idea that we don't really have a clue what the hell is going on in the minds of our leaders or on the ground over there.

I can just see the fact that we helped arm Iraq against Iran coming back to haunt us.
But the Muslims certainly don't expect Saddam to be put on trial and that info comes from a couple of their own people.

You see, i am so sick and tired of being lied to by our media and our politicians that i would rather ask the soldier who is dusting off the sand from his boots, or the people who call the place home what the fuck is going on there.
And the point of view is considerably different than what our entire population thinks they know.

I just want the truth about it all, and that is all i am in search of.