PDA

View Full Version : New Who movie..

Jack68
05-26-2005, 05:19 PM
http://www.thewhomovie.com/
If they do half as good of a job as Zeps how the west was won should be a homerun.I love the fact they are asking fans for video bootlegs.

Rikk
05-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Greatest music news I've read all year. I'm dying to see this thing. THE WHO are among my favorite bands.

Jack68
05-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Greatest music news I've read all year. I'm dying to see this thing. THE WHO are among my favorite bands.
Amen to that brother let me get you another bourbon and branch.

tydhurst
05-26-2005, 07:19 PM
That sounds Uberswish!

Rikk
05-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Jack68
Amen to that brother let me get you another bourbon and branch.

Thanks, cowboy.:) Grab one for momma and Bobby too, will ya?

Terry
05-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Definitely looking forward to the 1976 footage.

Jérôme Frenchise
05-27-2005, 11:35 AM
That's fantastic news. "Isle of Wight festival", "30 years of maximum R&B" and the "Kids are alright" reissue were already my favourite videos.
I would get any oldie they could release...

Rock is dead, they say... :)

Rikk
05-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Definitely looking forward to the 1976 footage.

Funny that they misprinted that. It's December 1977. Been dying to see this concert. It's basically a whole show (albeit a very sloppy one) filmed with 35mm (like the '78 show that ended up in KIDS ARE ALRIGHT) and multi-track recorded. The only thing released from this show at all is the audio of MY WIFE on the KIDS ARE ALRIGHT soundtrack. Let's hope they put the whole damn show on the DVD.

Jack68
05-28-2005, 04:35 PM
The december 77 show was at kilburn college in england.The show was subpar @ best.Keith was a mess and Townshend was pretty drunk so ive heard.I think the film will include houston 75 which has great footage on it,believe it or not their is some great 79 shows that were filmed(kenney jones) i know but ithe band had a horn section and recent addition Rabbit on keyboards.

Redballjets88
05-28-2005, 04:45 PM
we need a vh movie

Rikk
05-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Jack68
The december 77 show was at kilburn college in england.The show was subpar @ best.Keith was a mess and Townshend was pretty drunk so ive heard.I think the film will include houston 75 which has great footage on it,believe it or not their is some great 79 shows that were filmed(kenney jones) i know but ithe band had a horn section and recent addition Rabbit on keyboards.

The four songs from Chicago in '79 on the MAXIMUM R&B video are amazing. The CONCERT FOR KAMPUCHEA performance is also supposed to be excellent. I'm not aware of Houston '75. I have Cleveland '75 on video, and it's very good but not great quality. Pontiac '75 is a great show (as seen in the KIDS ARE ALRIGHT film), but apparently the tapes of the rest of the show have since gone missing!

Jack68
05-28-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
The four songs from Chicago in '79 on the MAXIMUM R&B video are amazing. The CONCERT FOR KAMPUCHEA performance is also supposed to be excellent. I'm not aware of Houston '75. I have Cleveland '75 on video, and it's very good but not great quality. Pontiac '75 is a great show (as seen in the KIDS ARE ALRIGHT film), but apparently the tapes of the rest of the show have since gone missing!

I have the complete 79 show which is amazing.Actually it cuts off after wgfa.pm me if you want a copy its vhs.The houston 75 is a new boot release and its supposed to be excellnt.Id love to get my hands on kampucheau.i have msg 2004 on dvd.

Jérôme Frenchise
05-29-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
we need a vh movie

I guess we all agree. :cool:
The Stones, the Who, now Led Zeppelin, and AC/DC too, offer respectable catalogues. The lack of official Diamond VH video footage is unbearable.

I'll get any "new" material from the Who. But IMO it cannot surpass their 1970 Isle of Wight concert.