PDA

View Full Version : crispin glover so called acid trip on letterman 1987

col5150
05-26-2005, 07:43 PM
Just saw this clip for the fist time and thought it was hilariously strange. I dont buy it though i think it was an act. Hes the dad from back to the future by the way and he is great, like tom green times a hundred with andy kauffman on the side

heres the link

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/746/

BenJammin
05-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Thanks ?

Just kidding... but wow! Never heard about that. Like you said, probably just an act, but didn't go as planned. Dave was definately not 'in' on the joke.

academic punk
05-26-2005, 08:12 PM
I saw it at the time and can assure Dave was not in on the joke, or laughing! It was completely bizarre to so at home on your television at 1 in the morning! Imagine how Letterman must have felt!

BTW: how much did Dave not appreciate it? The very next night, the show opened with a "dream sequence" of Paul Schaeffer and the band killing Crispin on Letterman's behalf!

DlocRoth
05-26-2005, 08:19 PM
Crispin Glover is a pimp.

academic punk
05-26-2005, 08:25 PM
He also once gave out his own honest-to-God phone number in an interview in the Village Voice, saying he was lonely and if anyone could help him figure out life's bis questions, please call.

I know this, because a friend and I called. Got his machine. Hung up immediately. Ah, the bygone days of youth...

Anonymous
05-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
He also once gave out his own honest-to-God phone number in an interview in the Village Voice, saying he was lonely and if anyone could help him figure out life's bis questions, please call.

I know this, because a friend and I called. Wanted his cock. Heard he was hung like a horse. Ah, the bygone days of youth...

superdave
05-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Crispin Glover is one of the all time freaks (in a cool way)--He was great in the movie "River's Edge"

Terry
05-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Yeah, that Letterman thing wasn't faked. Crispin was out there, no doubt.

Serious about him giving out his home phone number? That is fucked up! Whatever happened to THAT dude? He may need to be classified into the "Dead or Alive" column.

vanzilla
05-26-2005, 11:00 PM
Man I remeber seeing that show when it originally aired. My dad and I were both watching it and couldn't believe how wacked he was. Dave had no idea what was going on, and really got pissed when Crispin nearly kicked him.

If I remember correctly, Todd Rundgren was on the show a few nights after the incident and he mentioned it to Dave. You could tell Letterman didn't appreciate it because he ripped Todd for dressing like Glover.

Great find. I haven't seen that one in a while.

academic punk
05-26-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by vanzilla
Man I remeber seeing that show when it originally aired. My dad and I were both watching it and couldn't believe how wacked he was. Dave had no idea what was going on, and really got pissed when Crispin nearly kicked him.

If I remember correctly, Todd Rundgren was on the show a few nights after the incident and he mentioned it to Dave. You could tell Letterman didn't appreciate it because he ripped Todd for dressing like Glover.

Great find. I haven't seen that one in a while.

You and your dad were up at 1 in the morning??? and watching TV together?

Dude, I didn't know you were Michael Jackson's son!

Anonymous
05-26-2005, 11:39 PM

Owww... shit. I wouldn't wanna be Vanzilla now.

Damn, AP. You're one mean motherfucker. :lol:

Cheers! :bottle:

vanzilla
05-27-2005, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
Owww... shit. I wouldn't wanna be Vanzilla now.

You'd love being me. Trust me on this one.

vanzilla
05-27-2005, 01:00 AM

God you're fucking retarded.:D

BTW - My dad and I used to party quite a bit back in the day. What's wrong with that?

academic punk
05-27-2005, 01:01 AM
God you're fucking retarded.:D

I'm only as God made me... :(

BTW - My dad and I used to party quite a bit back in the day. What's wrong with that?

You're a sick fuck, Zill.

vanzilla
05-27-2005, 01:10 AM
I got the Spinal Tap line. Nice....

Lay off the dad jokes man. In all seriousness, he died back in 98 and doesn't deserve to be trolled on the web. Not to be over-sensitive man, but let's just leave it at that.

Now, meet me in the BATH HOUSE. We still haven't cleaned up all of pete's blood from Merle's probing.

Matt White
05-29-2005, 10:09 AM
I remember seeing this when it happened!

Crispin Glover is a fucking Genius!!!:D

Diamondjimi
11-18-2005, 12:10 AM
Saw it live as well(back in the days when Letterman was half decent).

It was a fabulous disaster !

Matt White
11-18-2005, 12:27 AM
Watch yer mouth!:D

HA!

CLASSIC THREAD

AP

VANZILLA

(Sniffle) Ahhh..."The good 'ol Days...."