PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a Dell Computer?

Cathedral
05-28-2005, 06:16 AM
I am in the market for a new PC and so far am impressed with a couple of systems from Dell.

But i don't know anyone who owns one and would like to hear some opinions on their stuff if at all possible.

Any other recommendations are welcome as well.

This ancient late 90's bullshit i'm limping around on has worked my last nerve for the last time.

I have the next two weeks off work and i want a new system within the next few days, i'm ready to buy..................

Thanks!

flappo
05-28-2005, 06:23 AM
yeah , they're fucking garbage

www.apple.com

flappo
05-28-2005, 06:25 AM
dell are typical pc crap , they use the pricetag to entice you , then hit you with all the hidden extras like support costs and virus software add ons

macs are much cheaper to run as well as being better made , more reliable and virus free

the fbi use them , that says it all really

flappo
05-28-2005, 06:35 AM
can your pc do this ?

it's called spotlight , in 2-3 seconds t can find anything on your computer ( even in the metadata of a pdf file )

flappo
05-28-2005, 06:38 AM
this is expose , windw tiling taken to the next level , using the quartz image engine in os-x , something xp lacks completely , even longhorn won't be in the same league as tiger

flappo
05-28-2005, 06:42 AM
this is dashboard , mini apps that hover over your mac at the touch of a button , all linked to the net and updated on the fly , check out the stocks and shares or the weather in hawaii

Cathedral
05-28-2005, 06:43 AM
I never considered an apple product, never even seen a Mac in person, lol.

But i also have tons of software i'd like to continue to use, are the programs interchangable between the two?

Thanks for the link, flappo, i will expand my horizons and see what you got going on there.

flappo
05-28-2005, 06:48 AM
microsoft of all people make a product called virtual pc , you can then use your s/w on a mac that way

mac mini / imacs come with loads of software anyway , ilife ( iphoto / itunes / imovie / idvd ) plus appleworks also safari web browser

www.versiontracker.com is handy for software , freeware and shareware !

if you wanna go the whole hog , get a dual G5 and apple cinema display , but personally , i thik the new imac G5 17" is awesome vfm , exc spec too

2 Ghz G5

Max 2 Gb Ram

160-250 Gb

radeon 9600 w/ 128 Mg SGRam

Firewire / USB-2

Built in Wifi and Bluetooth
PLus LOADS of software

all for c. $899

beat that , mr dell !

Panamark
05-28-2005, 06:53 AM
If I can weigh in on the debate, I used to work for Computerland.
(Remember them) as a benchtech. We serviced both IBM and
Apple. I fucking hate Apples and Macs.

(From a servicemans perspective)

But the OS is very impressive as Flappo rightly points out,

Panamark
05-28-2005, 06:57 AM
Oh, and there is still a shitload more applications available for IBM
compatibles...

I just built a P4 3.2 Ghz, 200 meg 7200rpm HDD, 512k RAM
and 128 meg 3d VGA card. For around $600....

I would be interested to know what the equivalent mac sells for ..

Theres no doubt that Bill gates ripped off Apple with the windows
operating system. However they do control the market now, so
there is more goodies avaliable for Windows based PC's

Hopefully Linux or Mac OS takes over...

ashstralia
05-28-2005, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by flappo
yeah , they're fucking garbage

www.apple.com

hahahah!

macs rooooool!!!!!!!!

and mark, ferrari's are hard to work on, too!:p

Panamark
05-28-2005, 07:00 AM
I hope for Ferraris sake they dont break down as often as macs :p

Panamark
05-28-2005, 07:02 AM
Why is it that midi diddlers always own macs ??? :D

ashstralia
05-28-2005, 07:16 AM
mate, i've never owned a pc, and i've never had more than
the occasional screenfreeze. (fix= power down power up)
what's a virus? never had one of them.

and of course ferrari's break down, what would the ferrari mechanics do, otherwise?

which reminds me.
what's the difference between a Harley, and a bucket of oil?

the bucket. hehe

Panamark
05-28-2005, 07:21 AM
Ever owned a Harley ?

Now theres a fulltime hobby just keeping a
machine running :)

Don Corleone
05-28-2005, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
I hope for Ferraris sake they dont break down as often as macs :p

They don't.

ashstralia
05-28-2005, 07:37 AM
Ever owned a Harley ?

Now theres a fulltime hobby just keeping a
machine running :)

mate, i haven't, but i'd like to!

i'll sell one of my ferrari's:p

ashstralia
05-28-2005, 07:39 AM
Why is it that midi diddlers always own macs ??? :D

i'm strictly a schooner man.

:D

Panamark
05-28-2005, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by ashstralia
i'm strictly a schooner man.

LOL :D or a "Pot" man if down south....

Fairwrning
05-28-2005, 12:33 PM
I have a Dell.i like it..its black..and,ummm...i can send and receive e-mail..and..ummm..did i say it was black??;)

FORD
05-28-2005, 12:47 PM
The black case and cheap price are about all Dell has going for it.

My personal disgust for the company has a lot to do with the fact that Michael Dell is a close personal friend of a certain Chimp supposedly from Crawford Texas, and I don't like that SOB getting any more of my money than that which is mandated by income tax laws.

But beyond that, everyone I've talked to with a Dell seems to have problems with it. I believe the majority of their systems use the lower end processors (Intel Celeron).

Bottom line is that if all you're going to do with the machine is surf the net and run Microsoft Word or a few other tasks like that, the Dell would probably be adequate for those needs. If you're planning on using it for serious gaming or multimedia, probably better to do it yourself.

I would recommend an AMD-64 processor, myself.

Dr. Love
05-28-2005, 12:51 PM
We use Dells exclusively at work. I work on Dell machines, have a company-issued Dell laptop (for the record I don't work at Dell ;)).

The systems run pretty well in my opinion.

As for Macs... I've heard that the people at Apple are afraid of Windows Longhorn. Don't know if that's true or propaganda.

FORD
05-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Oh BTW, Flappo (and other MAC users).....

What do you think about the news that MAC is switching to Intel processors? Is Jobs selling out?

Hardrock69
05-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Do NOT go for an Athlon-64 YET.

The hardware manufacturers don't all have 64-bit drivers available foir their hardware yet, and there is almost no software that specifically is designed to take advantage of it. Even hard-core gamers are not going to see much advantage in owning one. Sure it can run any software that is 32-bit, but at the time being you would just be shelling out a bunch of extra bucks for advantages you may not see.

IF you are going with an IBM PC, do NOT get a DELL. The reason is that the entire box is proprietary. Meaning if a power supply goes out on it, or you just want to upgrade to one with more power, you cannot just use any old PS, you would have to order through Dell. And their parts are not really high quality.

Their cases and motherboards are proprietary as well.

Investigate some of the other manufacturers, though I am not sure which ones have proprietary hardware.

In short, Dell is the K-mart or AOL of the PC manufacturers.

Sure Macs are ok, but I am not so certain that I could run ALL of my software in an emulation format. And personally I despise the fact that the OS is basically integrated with the hardware.

I want complete flexibility with my machine, meaning I want to be able to run any software or replace any piece of hardware I want to, and Macs do not allow that.

But then, I build my own machines from the ground up, so maybe I am spoiled...

And IBM pcs are becoming so fast, efficient and reliable that the advantages Macs have are disappearing.

Why not just time travel to the future and aks Mr. Spock what you should get?
;)

saint
05-28-2005, 03:03 PM
200 meg....HDD / 512k RAM

LOL

Did you build that when Van Halen split up??

flappo
05-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by FORD
The black case and cheap price are about all Dell has going for it.

My personal disgust for the company has a lot to do with the fact that Michael Dell is a close personal friend of a certain Chimp supposedly from Crawford Texas, and I don't like that SOB getting any more of my money than that which is mandated by income tax laws.

But beyond that, everyone I've talked to with a Dell seems to have problems with it. I believe the majority of their systems use the lower end processors (Intel Celeron).

Bottom line is that if all you're going to do with the machine is surf the net and run Microsoft Word or a few other tasks like that, the Dell would probably be adequate for those needs. If you're planning on using it for serious gaming or multimedia, probably better to do it yourself.

I would recommend an AMD-64 processor, myself.

IF i HAD to build my own computer , i'd build a PC , but since apple have had 30 years experience in this field and make the best built desktop computer you can buy ( the powermac G5 ) why bother ?

It's like thinking you can build a better car than mercedes or jaguar

forget it..

flappo
05-28-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Oh BTW, Flappo (and other MAC users).....

What do you think about the news that MAC is switching to Intel processors? Is Jobs selling out?

it's NOTHING to do with changing the CPU

apple are just trying to lower motherboard costs , plus intel could easily make a custom PPC for apple , i'm sure

academic punk
05-28-2005, 03:33 PM
I am at the moment working on a 1948 Smith Corona. It's great, but finding replacement ribbon is becoming increasingly difficult.

flappo
05-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
We use Dells exclusively at work. I work on Dell machines, have a company-issued Dell laptop (for the record I don't work at Dell ;)).

The systems run pretty well in my opinion.

As for Macs... I've heard that the people at Apple are afraid of Windows Longhorn. Don't know if that's true or propaganda.

it's the exact opposite , ms are shitting themselves over longhorns 'gestation period' , os-x is superior to anything they have planned i assure you

:)

longhorn won't even have metadata search , unlike tiger

flappo
05-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Do NOT go for an Athlon-64 YET.

The hardware manufacturers don't all have 64-bit drivers available foir their hardware yet, and there is almost no software that specifically is designed to take advantage of it. Even hard-core gamers are not going to see much advantage in owning one. Sure it can run any software that is 32-bit, but at the time being you would just be shelling out a bunch of extra bucks for advantages you may not see.

IF you are going with an IBM PC, do NOT get a DELL. The reason is that the entire box is proprietary. Meaning if a power supply goes out on it, or you just want to upgrade to one with more power, you cannot just use any old PS, you would have to order through Dell. And their parts are not really high quality.

Their cases and motherboards are proprietary as well.

Investigate some of the other manufacturers, though I am not sure which ones have proprietary hardware.

In short, Dell is the K-mart or AOL of the PC manufacturers.

Sure Macs are ok, but I am not so certain that I could run ALL of my software in an emulation format. And personally I despise the fact that the OS is basically integrated with the hardware.

I want complete flexibility with my machine, meaning I want to be able to run any software or replace any piece of hardware I want to, and Macs do not allow that.

But then, I build my own machines from the ground up, so maybe I am spoiled...

And IBM pcs are becoming so fast, efficient and reliable that the advantages Macs have are disappearing.

Why not just time travel to the future and aks Mr. Spock what you should get?
;)

integrating software and hardware is apple's gratest strength

ask ms

that's the cause of all you pc users problems

ms make the os , altho' looking at the joke that is xp , make is a vast overstatement , more like regurgitate

and a billion others make the fucking hardware

no wonder there's problems

academic punk
05-28-2005, 03:40 PM
So if a guy wants to spend 1000 or so on a new computer - including all the add-ons and options (but mainly only needs the computer for non-graphic design purposes), what's the way to go?

I work in advertising as a writer, and generally always work with Macs, but at one agency (the one that had Intel as an account) had to use that crap.

I prefer Macs.

flappo
05-28-2005, 03:45 PM
well said

i've used macs since 1991 , when system 7 came out

yeah THAT long !!

and i've had 1 hardware problem since then , despite having

wait fer it

an LC 2 , Quadra 840av , iMac 233 , iBook 300 , i Book 500 , Powerbook G4 15" , iMac 17" G4 , Powerbook 17"

a laser printer needed fixing

nuff said

Hardrock69
05-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
I am at the moment working on a 1948 Smith Corona. It's great, but finding replacement ribbon is becoming increasingly difficult.

LAFF MY FUCKING ASS OFF!!!

Hardrock69
05-28-2005, 04:48 PM
integrating software and hardware is apple's gratest strength

ask ms

that's the cause of all you pc users problems

ms make the os , altho' looking at the joke that is xp , make is a vast overstatement , more like regurgitate

and a billion others make the fucking hardware

no wonder there's problems

What problems? I have no problems with my PCs.

Apple has a big problem in that if you want to upgrade a CPU for example, you have to basically buy a whole new computer. Fuck that shit.

I prefer to have the capability of upgrading one piece at a time if I choose.

Not only that, I can choose from any one of the companies that manufacture HIGH QUALITY stuff, instead of being stuck with the hardware that Apple or Dell think I need (when in reality they have not a clue).

Integrating OS and Hardware may be Apple's greatest strength, but it is a serious weakness as well.

I am not saying Macs are bad machines. I just prefer to be in charge of my own computing destiny, instead of blindly allowing Apple or Dell to tell me what I have to have.

Cathedral
05-28-2005, 04:49 PM
I built this pc using basically spare parts from my brothers parts box, but i'm not that tech savy and with all the new stuff that has come out since 1998, i have a lot to learn about this stuff again.

But the system i started with was a proprietary system also and i never had any trouble replacing parts on that old machine.

I'm pretty much taking a lazy approach this time and not real interested in building another one, lol.

For my applications it doesn't have to have all the bells and whistles a business would use.
I use it to surf and build websites, keep track of my financial accounts, monitor my credit files, stock portfolio and play the occasional simulation programs.
Other than that, it's all about relaxing, having fun and bantering with you fine people.

I'll have to give this some thought time because i absolutely don't want to spend a grand only to have problems.
I just want a fast machine with killer graphics capability and maybe building it myself will be the better option, i dunno, but i do know that this pc is a pile of shit and severely outdated.

Plus, I have a $500 credit left with Dell after buying my mother her laptop last December.
I hate computer shopping......................

Hardrock69
05-28-2005, 04:53 PM
If you can build it yourself, and that is what you decide to do, just do some research, and use pricewatch.com to get the best deals on the hardware you want.

Cathedral
05-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
If you can build it yourself, and that is what you decide to do, just do some research, and use pricewatch.com to get the best deals on the hardware you want.

I will most definately do that because i am not real confident in trying to find what i want in a system off a shelf, and i don't want to be locked into limited resources for parts should i need them in the future.
I have an empty case sitting here, may as well put some guts in it i reckon.

Thanks!

flappo
05-28-2005, 05:04 PM
if you hate being a sheep , why follow ms ?

at least steve has REAL vison

twonabomber
05-28-2005, 05:07 PM
flappo, you heard anything about an improvement on the video card in the Minis? i was thinking of getting one of those instead of a laptop but i don't want to do anything right now if they're just going to change shit.

flappo
05-28-2005, 05:21 PM
wait until the wwdc , the june mac developers expo

personally , i'd buy an imac g5 over a minimac any day

twonabomber
05-28-2005, 05:32 PM
i know, but i really don't need another monitor when i already have a couple spares...

rothdaddy
05-28-2005, 05:46 PM
I own 2 computers; one is a dell and the other is a generic one built by a computer company called A2Z Computers. The Dell runs pretty well but not without the occasional freeze. I go to film school and Macs are used for editing our films. The school uses MAC G5's and to be honest they freeze up more than the Mac G4's we used to use for editing. My brother in law bought a Gateway 3 years ago and absolutely loves it. Buying a new computer in my opinion is a crapshoot. Good luck to you.

Ally_Kat
05-28-2005, 05:48 PM
I have a dell desktop and i have a dell laptop.

used to have a lot of problems with the desktop, but the cuase of that all was using ME. My dad didn't want to upgrade to XP and pretty much was forced to when ME started bugging out like all hell. But we put in the XP and everything is great.

Never had a problem with my laptop. I've dragged my laptop all around and it's been thru it's fair share of abuse -- and it still works as if I just got it.

I've dealt with apples at school for various layout and music recording classes and I hate the things. The ones we used to layout the yearbook would always crash or make us wait forever to open an application. And I hate their mice. I can use a PC mouse with my right hand, but I can't use an apple mouse with my right hand. You would think it would be the same cuz it's basically the same except one has two buttons and a scroll thingy and the other you just press down -- but I had to use the apple mice with my left hand.

flappo
05-28-2005, 05:52 PM
yeah . whatever

read em and weep

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=248462

flappo
05-28-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
i know, but i really don't need another monitor when i already have a couple spares...

wow , is that your setup ?

well , get a mac mini , but be prepared fer some hard disk slow down , get min 512 megs ram and youll be ok

FORD
05-28-2005, 06:02 PM
It goes without saying that you should NEVER use Windows ME. That is the worst piece of shit excuse for an operating system ever invented.

Last week I went along with a friend to help him figure out was wrong with his sister's PC. After he tried a number of things and failed to improve the situation, I noticed he had a WinXP CD with him.

I said "dude, just fucking upgrade the OS. It couldn't possibly hurt, and will probably help immensely."

Sure enough... this PC, with a 700 Mhz processor and 256MB RAM was running better on WinXP than with the OS that shipped with it.

Gates should refund the money of anyone who paid for that piece of crap. Thank God I didn't.

Ally_Kat
05-28-2005, 06:06 PM
yeah . whatever

read em and weep

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=248462

sucks to be them, I guess.

Dude, I really don't care cuz I have no huge loyalty to dell. Cat just asked if anyone had them and their experience. That was mine. I have spent some time on the hotline cuz of ME, and everyone we've gotten was nice as pie. I'm sure people at any comp helpline run into an ass or run into problems.

My opinion was completly from a users point of view. You're strong by macs. Okay. I've run in with nothing but problems with them.

flappo
05-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
sucks to be them, I guess.

Dude, I really don't care cuz I have no huge loyalty to dell. Cat just asked if anyone had them and their experience. That was mine. I have spent some time on the hotline cuz of ME, and everyone we've gotten was nice as pie. I'm sure people at any comp helpline run into an ass or run into problems.

My opinion was completly from a users point of view. You're strong by macs. Okay. I've run in with nothing but problems with them.

hey , if co mod's cun't disagree whateveahhh

-----

you're a pc

i'm a mac

i'm original

you're the copy

i'm dave

you're hagar

NUFF SAID

twonabomber
05-28-2005, 06:15 PM
wow , is that your setup ?

yeah. i wanted to get another 19" monitor so it would match, but i couldn't find one. then Best Buy had the matching 17's on sale/rebate, so i got two. add another video card and there it is. i built the desk, it's not quite done yet, still have to paint the insides and put laminate on the outsides. the PC is on the floor on a "skate," it's hidden beneath the keyboard drawer in the pic. the monitor on the left will either get a Mini or another PC that will only be used for video capture. i want my main box to have at least two monitors.

to the immediate left i have another piece i built that holds my Rolands and some rack mount modules. the speaker in the pic is an Alesis Monitor One, there's an Alesis RA-100 in the bottom of the rack on the left. there's another rack on the right that has all the video gear.

BigBadBrian
05-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Toshiba laptop. Costco.

:gulp:

academic punk
05-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Toshiba laptop.

...and you call yourself an American...

BigBadBrian
05-28-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
...and you call yourself an American...

Costco. American success story. :gulp:

BTW - I used to put together and tear apart PC's in the Navy in addition to installing Networks and telecom gear.

Amusing thread. :rolleyes:

flappo
05-29-2005, 03:03 AM
yeah , one you got owned in

..again

FORD
05-29-2005, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Costco. American success story. :gulp:

And a company that treats their employees well and supports progressive causes. I shop there whenever I can. But I prefer to build my own computers :gulp:

Dr. Love
05-29-2005, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by twonabomber

Eek, time to go flat panel!

Dr. Love
05-29-2005, 03:30 AM
it's the exact opposite , ms are shitting themselves over longhorns 'gestation period' , os-x is superior to anything they have planned i assure you

longhorn won't even have metadata search , unlike tiger

Yeah, no shit on that one... we had some MS reps come in and give us a demo of Visual Studio 2005 Team System and we gave 'em some shit about Longhorn and the ever-mobile ship date.

I don't know much about the Mac OSX at all, but I hear Longhorn will be rendered using DirectX solely, and will be able to do some 3D stuff or whatever it is that Mac does that some people like so much.

I don't give a shit about that, I want to be able to locate my files efficiently and quickly, and have a platform that runs all of my software/development suite and games.

Neither MS nor Mac can give me all of that... but MS gives me more of it than Mac.

flappo
05-29-2005, 06:49 AM
longhorn is a rip off in progress

ALL of it's unique features will debut 18 months previous in os-x

guwapo_rocker
05-29-2005, 09:15 AM
Do not buy a Dell!!!!!!

Once you do you are restricted regarding what you

can do as far as upgrades go.

And they are harder to service.

Go with a clone, you can get an amazing system for

about $700.00 or even less delivered to your door.

Check these guys out. (http://www.tigerdirect.com)

I always get great deals on eberything from them!

twonabomber
05-29-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Eek, time to go flat panel!

i didn't like the way video looked on the flat panel. that, and the price...i got those 17's for $50 each after rebates and Reward Zone points.

Big Troubles
05-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Im a repeat offender... LOL Right now we have and use 4 Dell's. One lap top too. I know.... But they are CHEAP throw aways. You can get a 40 GIB, 17" for $500!!! we are really close to buying the kids their own comps, so they dont fight over the one they use now.

http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/as_advertised?c=ca&cs=CADHS1&l=en&s=dhs

Hardrock69
05-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Actually I saw a deal last week for a nice Dell with a 17" for $299 after $100 rebate.

Throwaway is a good description....

:p

Nitro Express
05-29-2005, 04:32 PM
I put my whole office on apple OSX and couldn't be happier. Also, if you are into digital photography or home recording, Apple is the way to go because they multitask much periferals without locking up. Windows has always had port interface problems.

Put it this way, I made the down payment on my house by selling Microsoft stock, but I think Microsoft products suck. They created a standard for awhile but with people using computers as a multimedia machine, their vaporware full of patches just can't cut it.

Apple has very high standards for the hardware that goes into their computers. You get the best drives, monitors, chassis ect. Dell's are built on flimbsy chassis but an Apples has some real metal in there that doesn't flex. Apples are covered in GE lexan, Dell uses the shit Barbie dolls are made of.

If you look at what you are getting, an Apple isn't any more money.

Also Apple's opperating system is more secure.

Cathedral
05-29-2005, 04:57 PM
There is some good info in here, when people aren't bitching at each other, lol.

I have been getting TigerDirect ads for almost 2 years now sent to my email inbox and never once thought about looking through their site.
But guwapo sent me a link and i checked it out, they do have some great prices on damn near everything.

I have decided to stick with what has worked for me though, and i'm going to stay with the IBM pc's.

I started with Win98 and that was a nightmare due to my learning curve. I built this one using my brothers Win2000 disc and an AMD 650 Mhz processor and until i stopped using my virus protection (which was dumb) it worked rather smoothly for my applications.

Beyond this site, I have not heard anyone recommend Apple or Mac, in fact i have learned that software applications are limited compared to the IBM compatibles.
As for upgrades, to me all pc's are throwaways because of the rate of improvement in the technology.
I have never upgraded a system beyond its graphics applications, so upgrading isn't really part of my train of thought.

I'll build or buy a new system this week, rebuild this one to hand down to my daughter (she wants a laptop, maybe when she hits high school but not at 10 years old) and then she'll have her own system to fill up with Barbie and Kimpossible garbage, lol.

I'm leary of her having a pc in her room anyway, i don't want her having unsupervised access to the net.

Thanks for all the input, folks...I appreciate it!

academic punk
05-29-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

I'll build or buy a new system this week, rebuild this one to hand down to my daughter (she wants a laptop, maybe when she hits high school but not at 10 years old) and then she'll have her own system to fill up with Barbie and Kimpossible garbage, lol.

Dude -

I have lost all respect for you.

Never - but NEVER - mock Kimpossible.

I'm leary of her having a pc in her room anyway, i don't want her having unsupervised access to the net.

yeah, wouldn't want her winding up on the site below, would ya?

www.rotharmy.com

Bunch of unruly savages. The women posters especially.

Thanks for all the input, folks...I appreciate it!

You're welcome. But I still say you should go with a 1948 Smith Corona.

Cathedral
05-29-2005, 07:49 PM
LOL, I am an over protective father, what can i say?
I also don't find animation to be that entertaining but that said, I really dig the chick who does the voice of Kimpossible, she's hot.

So, what kind of processor does that Smith Corona have in it?
And do i need another room added on to accomodate the hard drive?

Cathedral
05-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Whats not to love about Ms. Romano?
Just look at that rack on her, lmmfao.

flappo
05-30-2005, 06:49 AM
"Beyond this site, I have not heard anyone recommend Apple or Mac, in fact i have learned that software applications are limited compared to the IBM compatibles."

haahah

there are more than 10 THOUSAND apps for os-x , who told you that ?

flappo
05-30-2005, 06:51 AM
here's just a taster

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/

FasterPussycat
05-30-2005, 10:24 AM
I own Gateway... and it's trash!

Nickdfresh
05-30-2005, 11:27 AM
As far as owning a DELL, I couldn't be happier. I've gotten a lot of hardware & software for a great price. The system has been reliable (knock on wood) and I really got a lot for well under a thousand! Wait 'till they run one of their clearance specials though.

Having said that, I am thinking of looking at APPLE the next time, but that's more of an issue of hating MS and having to deal with security issues that PC's are far more prone too.

But for a PC, DELL has great pricing!