X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EbDawson
    Veteran
    • Apr 2004

RIP Eddie Albert

Looks like I'll be having a few drinks on Memorial Day in memory of Eddie Albert. Eddie passed away on May 26, 2005, at his home in Pacific Palisades, California. He was 99. Albert's most famous role was that of Oliver Wendell Douglas in the TV sitcom of Green Acres.

Albert served in the US Navy during WWII. He was awarded the Bronze Star for his actions during the the battle of Tarawa in the Pacific. Albert was the skipper of a landing craft carrying Marines to the beach head. Under enemy fire during the battle, he rescued several groups of wounded Marines.

Eddie also was famous for portraying the prison warden in the Burt Reynolds movie "The Longest Yard".

RIP Eddie, Thanks for your service and for all the laughs you gave me,
    "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"
  • diamondsgirl
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

99?

He had a good life.

R.I.P.

Comment

• Jurak
        Foot Soldier
        • Mar 2005

Green Acres...that was a funny show and i watched it all the time when i was a kid..... 99 eh? Good for him....... R.I.P.
        "Hear that O.F.? If old school Army gals with solid track records of contribution choose to bless us with their tits, ass, vagina, or just sexy eye shots, leave them be (at least until I've had a chance to rub one out)..."
        That is all.
        Icon.

"we've always known that van hagar fans are the stupidest people on the planet but my god! "

Comment

• Figs
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

You can't ask for a longer life, so he had that going for him. He was great!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Good night, funny man.

R.I.P.
            Originally posted by perilouspete
            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Re: RIP Eddie Albert

Originally posted by EbDawson
              Looks like I'll be having a few drinks on Memorial Day in memory of Eddie Albert. Eddie passed away on May 26, 2005, at his home in Pacific Palisades, California. He was 99. Albert's most famous role was that of Oliver Wendell Douglas in the TV sitcom of Green Acres.

Albert served in the US Navy during WWII. He was awarded the Bronze Star for his actions during the the battle of Tarawa in the Pacific. Albert was the skipper of a landing craft carrying Marines to the beach head. Under enemy fire during the battle, he rescued several groups of wounded Marines.

Eddie also was famous for portraying the prison warden in the Burt Reynolds movie "The Longest Yard".

RIP Eddie, Thanks for your service and for all the laughs you gave me,
              “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

Working...