PDA

View Full Version : RIP Eddie Albert

EbDawson
05-29-2005, 05:08 AM
Looks like I'll be having a few drinks on Memorial Day in memory of Eddie Albert. Eddie passed away on May 26, 2005, at his home in Pacific Palisades, California. He was 99. Albert's most famous role was that of Oliver Wendell Douglas in the TV sitcom of Green Acres.

Albert served in the US Navy during WWII. He was awarded the Bronze Star for his actions during the the battle of Tarawa in the Pacific. Albert was the skipper of a landing craft carrying Marines to the beach head. Under enemy fire during the battle, he rescued several groups of wounded Marines.

Eddie also was famous for portraying the prison warden in the Burt Reynolds movie "The Longest Yard".

RIP Eddie, Thanks for your service and for all the laughs you gave me,

diamondsgirl
05-29-2005, 06:09 AM
:(

Matt White
05-29-2005, 09:29 AM
99?

He had a good life.

R.I.P.

Jurak
05-31-2005, 10:14 PM
Green Acres...that was a funny show and i watched it all the time when i was a kid..... 99 eh? Good for him....... R.I.P.

Figs
05-31-2005, 10:21 PM
You can't ask for a longer life, so he had that going for him. He was great!

fryingdutchman
05-31-2005, 10:22 PM
Good night, funny man.

R.I.P.

BigBadBrian
05-31-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by EbDawson
Looks like I'll be having a few drinks on Memorial Day in memory of Eddie Albert. Eddie passed away on May 26, 2005, at his home in Pacific Palisades, California. He was 99. Albert's most famous role was that of Oliver Wendell Douglas in the TV sitcom of Green Acres.

Albert served in the US Navy during WWII. He was awarded the Bronze Star for his actions during the the battle of Tarawa in the Pacific. Albert was the skipper of a landing craft carrying Marines to the beach head. Under enemy fire during the battle, he rescued several groups of wounded Marines.

Eddie also was famous for portraying the prison warden in the Burt Reynolds movie "The Longest Yard".

RIP Eddie, Thanks for your service and for all the laughs you gave me,

http://www.madisonwest61.com/images/7-taps.jpg