PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Dickinson "Tyranny of souls" CD

Mr Badguy
05-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Just picked this CD up the other day.

It`s another collaboration between Dickinson and long time co-writer and guitarist Roy Z (who produced Judas Priest "Angel of retribution").

It`s all pretty much old school metal, only with a quite exciting modern edge.

"Abduction" and "Soul intruders" have a thrash-style edge to them, the riffs are a lot heavier and less melodic than anything Maiden would ever play.

Elsewhere "Navigate the seas of the sun" is similar in style to "Journeyman" from Maiden`s "Dance of death", all acoustic guitars and mellow singing.

"Devil on a hog" has an excellent multi-tracked chorus, like "Tattooed millionaire" or "Flight of Icarus", "Kill devil hill" mixes heavy riffing guitars and piano(!) and there is an atmospheric spookiness about "Believil" (Ronnie Dio would have loved that title).

This could be Dickinson`s best solo album yet.

nosuchluck
05-29-2005, 02:38 PM
haven't heard it yet, but i'm told that Roy Z is really awesome on it...

bueno bob
05-29-2005, 05:25 PM
I got it last week...very good stuff, very satisfying. Bruce's solo output just gets better and better....The Chemical Wedding was one of the best albums I heard throughout ALL of 1998 out of anybody, period, and so far I like Tyranny of Souls better.

Mr Badguy
05-29-2005, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I think it`s great.

I don`t know if it`s as good as my favourite, "Skunkworks", yet.

Full Bug
05-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Check out the video for Abduction here....
http://www.screamforme.com/
Its the only tune I have heard so far but I like it, going to pick up this CD for sure....

sammysucks65
05-29-2005, 08:43 PM
hey ol brucie is a cd producer he produced my ozzy cd and my boc one too i just noticed that