PDA

View Full Version : The Hardest Steve Vai Move On Guitar?

DaLeeRo
05-29-2005, 01:27 PM
For me the hardests are: "For The Love Of God" and "Shyboy"....

I think that all Steve Vai moves are difficult, but they are not impossible. They may sound difficult but as a matter of fact they are not.

For example: DLR's Big Trouble sounds very difficult song but after few hours practise it's not so difficult, and after few days it's easy.

I've practised "For The Love Of God" about 2 days and "Shyboy" a little longer.... these two songs are very tricky.... especially the solo sections.....

What do you think?

Nitro Express
05-29-2005, 04:35 PM
I've never tried to copy Steve Vai so I would have no idea. He never gave me goosebumps like Eddie did.

ThrillsNSpills
05-30-2005, 08:57 AM
The hardest Vai for me was the sweeped arpeggios in the movie Crossroads. The challenge is getting SO comfortable with the techique so you can accent certain notes and modify the tempo slightly to make it more musical.

Mr Grimsdale
05-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Steve's personal hardest move is playing slowly!

Matt White
05-30-2005, 05:26 PM
I always thought twirling the guitar around his body was his hardest move!:D

VHdamaco
06-14-2005, 11:07 AM
ah, those were the days...

good ol arn anderson and the horsemen...

BenJammin
06-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by VHdamaco
ah, those were the days...

good ol arn anderson and the horsemen...

And the so called Anderson brothers weren't really brothers at all.

Arn Anderson = Martin Lunde
Ole Anderson = Al Rogowski:

Redballjets88
06-15-2005, 08:06 PM
norman smiley

BenJammin
06-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
norman smiley

His real name!

Terry
06-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I've never tried to copy Steve Vai so I would have no idea. He never gave me goosebumps like Eddie did.

Ditto. Not knocking the guy and his talent, but nothing I've heard from him has made me wanna rush out and learn it note-for-note.

Panamark
06-24-2005, 03:44 AM
Programming the delay rack !

JBall008
07-17-2005, 12:33 AM
That thing he does where he is playing the same note, but fretting it on different strings to create sympathetic overtones is pretty amazing...

Matt White
08-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Technical genius.......

Bores me to tears.

Seshmeister
08-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by DaLeeRo

For example: DLR's Big Trouble sounds very difficult song but after few hours practise it's not so difficult, and after few days it's easy.

I find this strange, you are the second person to say that.

Back when it came out I had the music to it and spent weeks on it and could never get the two handed section to sound right at all. I think it's 13th notes or something.

At the time I wasn't much older than you and practicing 6 hours a day.

Either I'm an unnatural(which is possible) or you're a genius or you're not playing it right.

There are cerain aspects which aren't too hard like e.g. the double tracked fills which sound harder than they are but there is some IMHO tricky shit in that song.

Could you post your version?

Cheers!

:gulp:

GAR
08-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
The hardest Vai for me was the sweeped arpeggios in the movie Crossroads.

Watch his RIGHT hand. The trick to sweeping arpeggios is in muting the string to kill the sustain so the proceeding note isn't droned out.

ThrillsNSpills
08-16-2005, 09:33 PM
Thanks Gar, I can do that part.
Now the hardest part to that sequence is moving up the A harmonic minor while sliding the index finger on the way up.

Big Troubles
08-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Programming the delay rack !

LMAO! No shit.