PDA

View Full Version : Abba Reunion !!!

DavidLeeNatra
03-03-2004, 07:19 AM
ABBA are doing it !!!! just anonuced...just for one concert..."but we are open for more"....

FUCK!!! this is great...

Igosplut
03-03-2004, 07:24 AM
Are roller rinks making a comeback too??

Junyore Grades
03-03-2004, 08:14 AM
OHHHHH NOOOOO!!!!

VAN HALEN, PLEASE COME BACK!!!!!!

DavidLeeNatra
03-03-2004, 08:18 AM
hey JG I think this is great news, because if THIS can happen...there is still hope for us, too...

Golden AWe
03-03-2004, 09:23 AM
BUT did you know that one of the unreleased songs from the year 2000's second VH reunion tryout would have been this one? Eddie chose it trying to apologize Dave:

"I saw myself as a concealed attraction
I felt you kept me away from the heat and the action
Just like a child, stubborn and misconceiving
That's how I started the show
One of us had to go
Now I've changed and I want you to know

One of us is crying
One of us is lying
In his lonely bed
Staring at the ceiling
Wishing he was somewhere else instead
One of us is lonely
One of us is only
Waiting for a call
Sorry for himself, feeling stupid feeling small
Wishing he had never left at all
Never left at all"

DavidLeeNatra
03-03-2004, 09:26 AM
sounds more like he meant sambo :D

Ally_Kat
03-03-2004, 10:07 AM
Dancing Queen is my fave to dance around the house to. And I hope roller rinks come back. I miss those.

Junyore Grades
03-03-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Dancing Queen is my fave to dance around the house to. And I hope roller rinks come back. I miss those.

SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE EDDIE!!!! THE SHIMMER OF THE DISCO BALL HAS ATTRACTED HER!!! QUICK, BEFORE SHE'S COMPLETLY TAKEN IN BY THE BUTTERFLY COLLER!!! 100cc's OF "ERUPTION" AND SET UP AN IV WITH "ROMEO DELIGHT" DRIP, STAT!!!

Mr Grimsdale
03-03-2004, 10:43 AM
what about the nolan sisters?

Ally_Kat
03-03-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Junyore Grades
SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE EDDIE!!!! THE SHIMMER OF THE DISCO BALL HAS ATTRACTED HER!!! QUICK, BEFORE SHE'S COMPLETLY TAKEN IN BY THE BUTTERFLY COLLER!!! 100cc's OF "ERUPTION" AND SET UP AN IV WITH "ROMEO DELIGHT" DRIP, STAT!!!

well, i do already wear bellbottoms...i mean flares.

Junyore Grades
03-03-2004, 11:04 AM
I feel it's my dutie to get you out of those, of course, I feel the same way about regular fit too. :rockit:

Igosplut
03-03-2004, 12:31 PM
well, i do already wear bellbottoms...i mean flares.

Bellbottoms remind me of hippys......

flares remind me of JC penny.....

Junyore Grades
03-03-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Igosplut
Bellbottoms remind me of hippys......

YES! All those young, long, blonde haired woman running around at Woodstock....."
F*CK VAN HALEN! ROCK ON ABBA!!!

lucky wilbury
03-03-2004, 01:37 PM
nice! gotta love abba.

Mr Grimsdale
03-03-2004, 01:48 PM
i once saw an ABBA tribute act called Bjorn Again
fookin' ace!
FOOKIN' ACE!

DavidLeeNatra
03-03-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Junyore Grades
YES! All those young, long, blonde haired woman running around at Woodstock....."
F*CK VAN HALEN! ROCK ON ABBA!!!

:killer:

...at least they got their shit together...I'd rather go and see them than a Van Hagar show...

Panamark
03-03-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
i once saw an ABBA tribute act called Bjorn Again
fookin' ace!
FOOKIN' ACE!

Yeah ! They started off as an Aussie Pub band. Ended up having huge international success. Ive seen them a a few times myself.

Hey good news about ABBA. Agnetha must have finally got her head sorted out...

Panamark
03-03-2004, 04:00 PM
DLN, do you have a link to story ?

DLR7884
03-03-2004, 08:27 PM
I thought they were touring last summer.

DLR7884
???

Gmoney
03-03-2004, 08:54 PM
I heard "Dancing Queen" is really a tribute to Flabby Hagar!!

Seshmeister
03-03-2004, 09:18 PM
One guy opens the closet door and dozens of you run out...:)

Panamark
03-03-2004, 10:18 PM
Its God's way of compensating us for Van Hagar :)

Man, I used to listen to ABBA when I was primary school kid. I was in love with Anna (The Blonde). Then when I hit high school everything became Sex Pistols and Black Sabbath. hahahah. But this is great news.

Dave IS VH
03-04-2004, 01:58 AM
I actually like some of ABBA's music, but I don't know if I would ever go see them in concert.

ABBA can reunite, why can't Dave and Eddie?

DavidLeeNatra
03-04-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
DLN, do you have a link to story ?

sorry...not in english...but it came from the official news-agencys and was also on the top-news-site of AOL! so this is not a "flying-around-rumor" like some other reunion-stories we get to hear from time to time... ;)

Panamark
03-04-2004, 03:50 AM
I dont doubt you, havent seen anything on the English news websites yet ? I thought it would be huge news in Oz. They were as big as the beatles here when I was a young fella.

I did read about Agnetha deciding to sing again, but only Solo.

Mr Grimsdale
03-04-2004, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
One guy opens the closet door and dozens of you run out...:)

ha! you should be able to get in touch with your feminine side afterall you come from a country where the fellas wear skirts

just noticed penfold in your avatar
top shite!

DavidLeeNatra
03-04-2004, 06:23 AM
I dont doubt you, havent seen anything on the English news websites yet ? I thought it would be huge news in Oz. They were as big as the beatles here when I was a young fella.

I did read about Agnetha deciding to sing again, but only Solo.

today there is the denial in the press...the reunion was only published in germany and switzerland...and spokesman for abba said that there was no interview with annafrid and only agnetha is going for an album...so sorry folks, it really looked as serious news...and I wanted to believe...

Mr Grimsdale
03-04-2004, 07:30 AM
what a woofter!

Ally_Kat
03-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
today there is the denial in the press...the reunion was only published in germany and switzerland...and spokesman for abba said that there was no interview with annafrid and only agnetha is going for an album...so sorry folks, it really looked as serious news...and I wanted to believe...

*cries*

Panamark
03-04-2004, 04:31 PM
If Angnetha is singing again, it could lead to a reunion anyway. She has been a total recluse for what, 20 years ?? Perhaps she is testing the waters so to speak.

Golden AWe
03-05-2004, 10:34 AM
I can sing as high as Anna but I don't exactly look like her...

Mr Grimsdale
03-05-2004, 12:56 PM
i don't know
with the right make up and a nice dress you could pass

Panamark
03-05-2004, 03:11 PM
LOL. Well he does have the blonde nordic thing happening.

Ally_Kat
03-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe

Let's go Fernando. The rest of ABBA is calling. :D

Coyote
12-10-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe

Any guy with some sort of heavy metal/70's hard pedigree/background can...

Coyote
12-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Let's go Fernando. The rest of ABBA is calling. :D

And at this point I'm glad I'm not that good as a singer. :D

Atomic_Rob
12-12-2004, 11:05 AM
Is is true that Abba were offered someting like a Billion $ to reform years ago? I might be wrong!

Panamark
12-14-2004, 05:00 AM
Yup, I heard Bjorn actually say that in an interview. I believe Anna recorded that solo album which didnt set the world on fire, and also there was reportedly a stalker that came to light..

Looks like this reunion will be on hold forever again..

Blacklisted
12-14-2004, 11:31 AM
This reunion tour is worse than the Van Hagar reunion tour.

I bet Motley Crue will sell more per show than these disco dancin' sluts!

I will see you there! pfffffft!!! NOT.

lucky wilbury
12-14-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Atomic_Rob
Is is true that Abba were offered someting like a Billion $ to reform years ago? I might be wrong!

its true

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,5956,00.html

ABBA's Billion-Dollar Rejection

by Julie Keller
Feb 2, 2000, 5:35 PM PT

"Mamma Mia" is right.

In perhaps the largest rejection in history, '70s Swedish pop group ABBA has turned down a $1 billion offer to reunite after 17 years.

"It's a hell of a lot of money to say no to, but we decided it wasn't for us," Benny Andersson, ex-leader of the four-member group, told Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet today.

The staggering offer came from an American-British consortium that reportedly wanted the group to reunite for 100 concerts and cash in on a recent revival of several of their hits. (Currently, the teen band A-Teens has covered "Mamma Mia" and "Gimme Gimme," and a musical based on several songs is a hit in London's West End.)

Anderson and bandmate Bjorn Ulvaeus both say the recent reincarnation of their music has been successful because the group never reunited.

"We have never made a comeback," Ulvaeus told the paper. "Almost everyone else has. I think there's a message in that."

The group--Andersson, Ulvaeus, Anni-Frid Lyngstad and Agnetha Faltskog--was founded in 1966 by Andersson. They shot to fame after winning a Eurovision song contest in 1974, endured years of internal conflict and officially disbanded in 1982 following the release of their final album, The Visitors.

Thanks to the smash success of hits like "Dancing Queen," "Knowing Me, Knowing You" and "Money Money Money," ABBA was he most commercially successful pop group of the 1970s. Regardless, $1 billion is a lot of freaking money.

Even the Beatles, the biggest band ever, was only offered a paltry $30 million in the mid '70s to reunite (though they never did).

And successful as they inevitably are, the fleeting reunion tours of Rock and Roll Hall of Famers never break the billion-dollar mark.

The Eagles' 1995 Hell Freezes Over reunion tour raked in relatively measly $61 million, and the just-launched Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young reunion--the group's first tour as a quartet since 1974--would have to sell lots of tickets (from $39 to $200 a pop) to be in ABBA's league .

Blacklisted
12-14-2004, 04:03 PM
There is NO WAY Abba would gross more than a Billion on a reunion tour. I am sorry... Those investors have more than likely gone into insolvency at this point in time.

That is commercial suicide.

Have any bands grossed more than 1 billion on a world tour? Let alone a reunion tour.

Nickdfresh
12-14-2004, 04:26 PM
I'm sure there were some "performance clauses" in the "billion dollar" contract.

Blacklisted
12-14-2004, 04:28 PM
A 100 show tour though, they would to make over 10 million per show.

Better play some UUUGE venues and pack that place with thousands of disco freaks.

Just to make money off the royalities of their past hits.

Panamark
02-16-2005, 03:05 AM
Get ready ???

Panamark
02-16-2005, 03:05 AM
http://entertainment.news.com.au/story/0,10221,12264226-7484,00.html

Panamark
02-16-2005, 03:06 AM
SHE'S considered a modern Greta Garbo - once known by every pop music fan in the world now famous as a recluse.

But Agnetha Faltskog, the blonde member of ABBA, stepped out of the shadows yesterday to reunite with the band for the first time in 23 years.
Still with her trademark smile, Faltskog joined Bjorn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson and Anni-Frid Lyngstad for the Swedish premiere of the wildly successful musical Mamma Mia.

The show featuring ABBA's music has raked in more than $1 billion.

Once married to Bjorn, Agnetha has been out of the public eye since the band split in 1982 but defends her lack of appearances because she is "easily stressed".

She recently told Swedish TV she would "rather be an original than a bad copy".

"I'm the same person I've always been - nice, normal, down-to-earth - and easily stressed," she said.

ABBA sold more than 360 million albums in eight years at the top of the charts but dismiss getting back together.

"People want to remember us as we were - youthful and energetic. Not four 60-somethings," Bjorn said.

Panamark
02-16-2005, 03:07 AM
Hey at least they all got together again ??

Never thought I would see that.

Hope for Halen yet ?????????

Jérôme Frenchise
02-16-2005, 05:10 AM
I used to be mad about Abba when I was a kid. In love with both Agnetha AND Frida. Their sweet voices, greatly served by that first-class pop music, would hypnotise me.
In 1993 or 94, I decided not to attend my master's degree courses and to watch a whole-day special on MTV Europe. Clips, interviews, and concert bits were broadcasted all day long. In the evening, they showed the final concert. I spent the whole day, hypnotised again. The music you dug when you were a kid will leave deep prints...

By the way, I remember seeing an Aussie film in which you hear lots of Abba tunes, about a poor (Abba fan) girl trying hard to get hip. The title was "Muriel", if I remember well. I was very surprised to learn it was a Paul "Crocodile Dundee" Hogan film. A depressing movie, to me.

I wouldn't go and see them if they really re-united: I don't feel like ruining my nice memories. The two babes must be over 50 now...:(

Panamark
02-16-2005, 05:26 AM
Muriels Wedding !

Black Aussie Humour...

Jérôme Frenchise
02-16-2005, 05:51 AM
Muriels Wedding !

Black Aussie Humour...

Cheers!

It's funny indeed, but it's got some gloomy side that will give me the blues.

Panamark
02-16-2005, 08:43 AM
Yeah the Mother was pretty depressing.