PDA

View Full Version : Lars or AVH

UGS
05-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Who's the better drummer? Neither of them is overly exceptional (think Neil Pert) in the chops dept., but they don't suck either. So it's basically about style. Also, both of them are dickheads who deny their fans what they really want.

I find Lars' pretty simple, but his beats are solid and compliment James' guitar (which pretty much drive Metallica songs more than the drums do).

Ignoring Al's boring-as-shit playing for the last 20 years (not to mention electric drums), albums like FW showed us that he's got a solid groove and is better than he might get credited for. He's deffinetely in the pocket on songs like Sinners' Swing.

My vote is for Al.

Unchainme
05-29-2005, 07:55 PM
Hmmmmm, I'll take Tommy Lee over both of 'em. At least he doesn't sue his own fans or kick A legendary lead singer out of a legendary band.

sammysucks65
05-29-2005, 08:31 PM
HOLY SHIT TAKE LARS...well his booming thundering style is more appealing to me than alex so lars all the way but lars pisses me off taking away my napster
hehe
later

WARF
05-29-2005, 08:36 PM
Pepto Bismol or Pepsid AC.....

DlocRoth
05-29-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Hmmmmm, I'll take Tommy Lee over both of 'em. At least he doesn't sue his own fans or kick A legendary lead singer out of a legendary band.

He just kicks his legendary lead singer's (fat) ass.

WARF
05-29-2005, 08:39 PM
Well Vince Neil was kicked out...

But Motley Crue is neither legendary or is Neil a legendary singer!

DlocRoth
05-29-2005, 08:41 PM
Legendary drinker, tho.

I'd kick it with him. :)

WARF
05-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Motley Crue was just a good bar band, who got a lucky break!

However, I still dig the attitude... and I agree Lee is one helluva drummer.... Id take him over Alex anyday of the week!

Unchainme
05-29-2005, 11:11 PM
What I meant was Metallica sueed its own fans and Van Halen kicked Diamond Dave out. sorry for the miss comunication. Auctually I think Rick Allen Of Def Leppard is better than all three of 'em.

vo5150
05-30-2005, 04:50 AM
Alex is better plays more complex beats!! Lars is an asshole,,,, you ever see that bullshit Metallica therapy session/documentary called "some kind of monster"?? Stay in therapry and call Alex to join you assholes, but wear a cup!! Tommy lee is cool, but did you ever listen to his solo album or whatever that band is called with that song "bring me down". I got the album and had to use it as a coaster!!!

vo5150
05-30-2005, 04:56 AM
Rick Allen is cool!! "The One Armed Bandit TM"

Alex does not get nearly enough credit because he acts like an asshole!!

DLR should be back in CVH and fuck everything else!!''

Motley Crue imitates CVH stage show, but that is a good thing and makes the worls a better place. I would rather see them than 50 cent.

mentalpancake
05-31-2005, 06:54 PM
Well personally I don't love either one's drumming and the fact that they are complete and utter assholes so it's a tie.

Terry
05-31-2005, 10:43 PM
Lars and AVH..........

Great within the context of the bands they play in, but wouldn't put either in a top 20 of my fave rock drummers of all time.

zeronumber
05-31-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by UGS
Who's the better drummer? Neither of them is overly exceptional (think Neil Pert) in the chops dept., but they don't suck either. So it's basically about style. Also, both of them are dickheads who deny their fans what they really want.

I find Lars' pretty simple, but his beats are solid and compliment James' guitar (which pretty much drive Metallica songs more than the drums do).

Ignoring Al's boring-as-shit playing for the last 20 years (not to mention electric drums), albums like FW showed us that he's got a solid groove and is better than he might get credited for. He's deffinetely in the pocket on songs like Sinners' Swing.

My vote is for Al.

My vote is for Lars, mostly because lars kicks ass, even though he tends to over due it with the Buddy Rich-ish grace notes with the snare...He still out does a lot of what Al does.

Plus, Al goes through a lot of his set's with E-drums with pre-programed double/triple beats to them, just to make it like he's playing 2 sets at one time. The guy from def lepeard does that too, but, at least he's got an excuse for it...the guy only has 1 arm...

Anyway, I agree 100% with the Niel Pert thing...Long live Rush!!!